Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Beans gives me constipation. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beans gives me constipation. (3288 Views)

Beans Lovers Come In / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? / .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beans gives me constipation. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
How can I counteract the effect of beans? I get some kind of Gastro Intestinal disorder each time eat boiled beans.
Please how can I stop this nagging health problem.
Re: Beans gives me constipation. by sd6: 1:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
Its also an issue for me but it is said that when you change the water after boiling it for some time, it removes the chemical causing constipation from the beans. But i haven't really tried it.
Re: Beans gives me constipation. by GoodWife: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
I think most people get the opposite effect from beans. Most people have runny stomach after eating beans instead of constipation. Other effects are flatulence and general stomach upset. To stop that, soak your beans for at least 3 hours, rinse and put it in pot and add water, let it boil for about 5 minutes, discard the water and continue cooking till done. All the above will reduce oligosaccharides elements which cause flatulence, bloating and general discomfort you get after eating beans. Try this cooking method and see how it goes.
For more information: http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/howto/reduce-beans-bloating.html
Re: Beans gives me constipation. by MyJoe: 9:07am On Mar 03, 2013
^^^ Men, that's some work to eat beans that isn't that great a thing to eat anyway! Just kidding.

For flatulence or constipation
* You can change the type of beans - if you are in Nigeria, the white bean is less guilty than the red types common in the SW.
* Boil your beans well - there should be no "seeds" when you are eating them.
* If you are fund of eating large amounts, reduce it - it may be okay to gorge yourself on rice, but not beans. Eat a little quantity of it with a little quantity of garri or bread or something else you feel comfortable with.

For runny stomach or "gassing", there is only one solution that works 100%
* Eat your beans hot. You don't like hot food, okay, here's what you do: When you set down the pot from the fire, dish out the stuff and wait for it to cool a few minutes and eat IMMEDIATELY. Once you keep it waiting it's already infected and you will get what is coming to you.
Re: Beans gives me constipation. by gynny(f): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
Constipation relief can be carried out by drugs or some home remedies for constipation. Chronic constipation is an infrequent movement of the bowel or a difficulty in the passage of stools that persists for several weeks or even longer. Click on the link below to read more on severe constipation symptoms.
http://www.gigihealth.com/constipation-relief-home-remedies-for-constipation/

(1) (Reply)

How Many Packs Of Indomie HUNGRY MAN Size Can You Consume At Once? / See The Soup My Neighbour's Wife Gave To Me / Frozen Snails For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.