Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:41 AM

God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI (18429 Views)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Emiru(m): 11:11pm On Feb 24, 2013
Its better 2 retire than to rot in hell lyk sm oda popes. He is wise nd i pray God help him 2 b mor committed 2 his work even dough he z nr lnga d popeg
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by ddippset(m): 11:22pm On Feb 24, 2013
holly-pagan:
who told you to retired,simple say the truth .the pressure the western world mount on him to sign gay marriage was too much on him thats why the old man stepped down
you go back and learn how to speak simple english then come back and post on nairaland. You can't even spell your name. It is holy pagan not holly.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by ddippset(m): 11:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
Emiru: Its better 2 retire than to rot in hell lyk sm oda popes. He is wi nd i pray God help him 2 b mor committed 2 his work even dough he z nr lnga d popeg
and this one knows who is rotting in hell and who' not! Am ure y our holy book tells you not to judge. On sunday people like you will be carrying big big bible about. Your
Great grand parent must be in hell with the popes you said. You shall be with them soon.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by morewealth(m): 11:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
You know nothing of what you write about. I laugh when most of you criticise the catholic church when they don't criticise any of you. It only shows how bigger and matured they are. So because the pope wants to retire there is something fishing it only shows your lack of understanding of what is right and wrong. If you don't know about something it is better you do your research properly before you open your wide mouth to say what is on your small mind.
free2ryhme: The Catholic Church is a conspicuously hypocritical, medieval, morally corrupt, covetous, sanctimonious institution, complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protection of pedophile priests. Its survival over the centuries has continued through the exploitation of human frailties, fear, and the promise of eternal salvation for those whose ignorance and/or innocence is such as to blind them to such deceit. It is an institution that is centuries behind the times and will continue to be so as long as the outdated and out-of-touch clergy remain above the law and cast aside society's norms and need for justice.

To quote the Greek philosopher Plato ... "Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil." That is the foundation on which this church was built and has moved on over the millennia with its insidious ambitions into the lives of so many unfortunates. Widespread ignorance in our societies and the unquestioning acceptance of religious authority blinds people to the truth ... that is how this church survives.

When the Vatican, the very 'root' of the Catholic Church, is involved in forgoing justice for the sake of reputation, is not the end of this institution near ... unfortunately not, for man is, for the most part, not a clear thinking, rational animal at all times ... there will always be blind followers who will keep this church alive and allow this institution to parasitize more innocents.

The Catholic Church is complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protecting and not exposing pedophile priests. This, and previous Popes, and so many of their 'priestly flock', are clearly guilty of both obstruction of justice and aiding/abetting a crime, at the very least, and/or the repugnant abuse of minors, and should be held accountable to the laws of the land. Their secrecy and lies to avoid prosecution are pathetic attempts to maintain the century's old 'status quo'. Enough is enough ... get on with it ... arrests and charges should ensue. Freedom is a luxury that should not be afforded to those who have perpetrated such evil while masquerading as pious souls.

Under the previous Pope (Pope John Paul II), Pope Benedict XVI was the chief administrator of all the secret 'files' that historically, and to the present day, came to the Vatican on child abuse in the Catholic Church's world-wide diocese. There exists a 'treasure trove' of documents outlining the abuses and the action (or more appropriately, inaction) taken by the church to cover up the abuses. It would appear at least some of these files will be released ... http://www.vatileaks.com/_blog/Vati_Leaks/post/Judge_orders_confidential_Vatican_files_to_be_released/.

When the 'health and wellbeing' of the Catholic Church and its administrators takes precedent over the physical and emotional health of its child victims of abuse, it is clear this church is morally bankrupt. Centuries have passed with no correction to its 'modus operandi' leading to the ruination of countless lives. The time has come for retribution.

Hopefully, Karma and/or the judicial systems throughout the world will deal with those who purvey(ed) their deceitful, self-righteous religious dogma, while simultaneously preying upon the naivete of adults, and the innocence and trust of the most vulnerable in our society ... children.

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by muchyblink(m): 11:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will George Us from our Sinners.
Na judge no be George.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 11:56pm On Feb 24, 2013
Now, it is God that told him to retire. I thought the information that was carried about at the initial time of the announcement was he's too fray to carry on with his duties.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Bmas01(m): 12:00am On Feb 25, 2013
sheedy407: More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.
I'm suspecting foul play or can someone RETIRE frOm work of GOD
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Frankest: 12:12am On Feb 25, 2013
free2ryhme: The Catholic Church is a conspicuously hypocritical, medieval, morally corrupt, covetous, sanctimonious institution, complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protection of pedophile priests. Its survival over the centuries has continued through the exploitation of human frailties, fear, and the promise of eternal salvation for those whose ignorance and/or innocence is such as to blind them to such deceit. It is an institution that is centuries behind the times and will continue to be so as long as the outdated and out-of-touch clergy remain above the law and cast aside society's norms and need for justice.

To quote the Greek philosopher Plato ... "Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil." That is the foundation on which this church was built and has moved on over the millennia with its insidious ambitions into the lives of so many unfortunates. Widespread ignorance in our societies and the unquestioning acceptance of religious authority blinds people to the truth ... that is how this church survives.

When the Vatican, the very 'root' of the Catholic Church, is involved in forgoing justice for the sake of reputation, is not the end of this institution near ... unfortunately not, for man is, for the most part, not a clear thinking, rational animal at all times ... there will always be blind followers who will keep this church alive and allow this institution to parasitize more innocents.

The Catholic Church is complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protecting and not exposing pedophile priests. This, and previous Popes, and so many of their 'priestly flock', are clearly guilty of both obstruction of justice and aiding/abetting a crime, at the very least, and/or the repugnant abuse of minors, and should be held accountable to the laws of the land. Their secrecy and lies to avoid prosecution are pathetic attempts to maintain the century's old 'status quo'. Enough is enough ... get on with it ... arrests and charges should ensue. Freedom is a luxury that should not be afforded to those who have perpetrated such evil while masquerading as pious souls.

Under the previous Pope (Pope John Paul II), Pope Benedict XVI was the chief administrator of all the secret 'files' that historically, and to the present day, came to the Vatican on child abuse in the Catholic Church's world-wide diocese. There exists a 'treasure trove' of documents outlining the abuses and the action (or more appropriately, inaction) taken by the church to cover up the abuses. It would appear at least some of these files will be released ... http://www.vatileaks.com/_blog/Vati_Leaks/post/Judge_orders_confidential_Vatican_files_to_be_released/.

When the 'health and wellbeing' of the Catholic Church and its administrators takes precedent over the physical and emotional health of its child victims of abuse, it is clear this church is morally bankrupt. Centuries have passed with no correction to its 'modus operandi' leading to the ruination of countless lives. The time has come for retribution.

Hopefully, Karma and/or the judicial systems throughout the world will deal with those who purvey(ed) their deceitful, self-righteous religious dogma, while simultaneously preying upon the naivete of adults, and the innocence and trust of the most vulnerable in our society ... children.

SHUT UP & SAY WHAT U KNOW, THANK'S.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by kacheezy: 2:59am On Feb 25, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will George Us from our Sinners.
Are you in any way related to Bode George?
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Ubenedictus(m): 3:33am On Feb 25, 2013
abeg before une crucify benedict finish make una ask unaself if u guys read d talk he gave. wen judging on secondhand information pls be careful. the fiction we have here is becos the press decided to remove his words from context. below is d speech.
Dear brothers and sisters!
Thank you for your affection!
Today, the second Sunday of Lent, we have a particularly beautiful Gospel, that of the Lord’s transfiguration. The evangelist Luke especially emphasizes the fact that Jesus is transfigured while he prays: Jesus’ is a profound experience of relationship with the Father during a kind of spiritual retreat on a high mountain together with Peter, James, and John, the 3 disciples who are always present in the moments of the Master’s divine manifestations (Luke 5:10, 8:51, 9:28). The Lord, who a short time ago foretold his death and resurrection (Luke 9:22), offers to his disciples an anticipation of his glory. And in the transfiguration too, as in the baptism, the voice of the heavenly Father resounds: “This is my Son, the chosen one. Listen to him!” (Luke 9:35). The presence then of Moses and Elijah, who represent the Law and the Prophets of the Old Covenant, is of great significance: the whole history of covenant is ordered to him, the Christ, who accomplishes a new “exodus” (Luke 9:31), not toward the promised land as in the time of Moses, but toward heaven. Peter’s words: “Master, how good it is for us to be here” (Luke 9:33), represent the impossible attempt to freeze such a mystical experience. St. Augustine comments: “[Peter] … on the mountain … had Christ as the food of his soul. Why should he want to come down to return to toil and suffering while there he was full of sentiments of a holy love for God that inspired him thus to holy actions?” (Sermon 78,3: PL 38,491).
Meditating on this passage of the Gospel, we can take from it a very important teaching. First of all, there is the primacy of prayer, without which all of the work of the apostolate and charity is reduced to activism. During Lent we learn to give the right amount of time to both personal and communal prayer, which gives breath to our spiritual life. Moreover, to pray is not to isolate oneself from the world and its contradictions, as Peter wished to do on Tabor. Prayer, rather, leads us back to the journey, to action. “The Christian life,” I wrote in my Message for this Lent, “consists in continuously scaling the mountain to meet God and then coming back down, bearing the love and strength drawn from him, so as to serve our brothers and sisters with God’s own love” (n. 3).
Dear brothers and sisters, I hear this Word of God addressed to me in a special way during this moment of my life. Thank you! The Lord is calling me to “scale the mountain,” to dedicate myself still more to prayer and to meditation. But this does not mean abandoning the Church – on the contrary, if God asks this of me, it is to serve the Church with the same dedication and the same love with which I have tried to do so hitherto, but in a way that is more adapted to my age and my strength. Let us invoke the intercession of the Virgin Mary: may she help us always to follow the Lord Jesus in prayer and in active charity.
[Following the recitation of the Angelus, the Holy Father greeted those present in different languages. In Italian he said:]
Dear brothers and sisters!
Thank you! Let us thank the Lord for the little bit of sun that he has given us!
[In English he said:]
I offer a warm greeting to all the English-speaking visitors present for this Angelus prayer, especially the Schola Cantorum of the London Oratory School. I thank everyone for the many expressions of gratitude, affection and closeness in prayer which I have received in these days. As we continue our Lenten journey towards Easter, may we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus the Redeemer, whose glory was revealed on the mount of the Transfiguration. Upon all of you I invoke God’s abundant blessings!
http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/on-the-transfiguration--4?utm_campaign=dailyhtml&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dispatch

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by hassymo5(m): 5:26am On Feb 25, 2013
YAR ADDUA was dead but still ruling Nigeria... Wat ever the pope did is between him and God alone,,,,,,,
if it were a typical Nigerian man as pope he will give it 2 his son and its bcom family affairs,,,,to resign sef cos of age he wont::::
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by camelus: 8:13am On Feb 25, 2013

@ Poster : a̶̲̥̅̊​♍ sorry way of d Lord ȋ̝̊̅̄$ not way of d Man,If not Christ should have picked Professors τ̅☺ be his Disciples aπϑ not Fishermen.Atleast i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ †̥̥Ђis Mordern time for Benedicth XVI τ̅☺ bow out of Office ȋ̝̊̅̄$ α̲̅ mark of humility. I can remember many Church DG's who have being pressurized τ̅☺ resign but they refused. The day Nigerian Office holders ωιℓℓ start resigning ☺π their own Nigeria ωιℓℓ be α̲̅ better Place remember Great Mandela wα̲̅$ asked τ̅☺ recontest for President but he refused aπϑ Thabo Mbeki accused of Corruption he surrendered today SA ȋ̝̊̅̄$ d GIANT ☺Ƒ Africa.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by mckenzie125: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2013
All dis 1 wen una dey talk ......na wash......pope resign......my people ders more 2 it.D world is gradually comin 2 an End.different tins don dey shelle.na all d catholics dey yan anyhow 4 here.but let me tell u catholics una no just knw watin dey go on 4 dat una church.am not just sayin dis to d catholics alone even una wen dey order churches una sef still no knw watin dey sup 4 una church.christianity na personl race oooooo.evrybdy OYO
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by camelus: 8:24am On Feb 25, 2013
monex:
Pope Pontian resigned in 235
That Pope Benedict The 16th Will Not Be The First Pope To Resign In The History Of The Catholic Church. Here Are The Names Of The Popes Who Resigned Before Him: Pope Benedict IX Resigned In The Year 1045, Pope Celestine V Resigned In The Year 1294 After Five Months In Office And Pope Gregory XII Resigned In 1415.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Patuwa: 8:30am On Feb 25, 2013
sheedy407: More tins are still hidden on y he want to back off from POPE position.

People like you will want to look for fault, even if there is none. Must the pope serve till death even if God called him to be a pope? He has decided to dedicate the rest of his life for prayers, so what is ur stress?
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Originalsly: 8:38am On Feb 25, 2013
void
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Mishydoo(m): 9:35am On Feb 25, 2013
all4naija: Now, it is God that told him to retire. I thought the information that was carry about at the initial time of the announcement was he is too fray to carry on with his duties.

Daz wat I equally knew...Anyway I've come to realise 'Catholicism' Ȋ̝̊̅§ synonymous with 'Secrecy'...Even d members have no idea wat really goes ȱȠ within!...SMH!!!
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by crackhouse(m): 9:55am On Feb 25, 2013
some people on this forum are just naughty for nothing sake.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Psalhadeen: 10:21am On Feb 25, 2013
Dis is great! 4 da pope 2 retire 4m d throne of Peter,is 2 show dat nothin lasts 4eva.Dis shld also send strong msg 2 d muslim world especially d middle east whose leaders(E.g. Bashiru Assad and Ahmedinijed of lran(apologetic)) always want 2 die in power or hand over 2 dir children;to wake up from whatever drunken stupor they are into n step down honorarily.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by LeoAdewale1(m): 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2013
binger: Whatever...we don't need you to make heaven.

assuming making heaven is true, ur comment is so harsh & true christians were to convice people to the truth. Not selecting who is "needed to MAKE HEAVEN"
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
How can God speak to him when the ministry of the Holy Spirit is barely acknowledged by the catholic church.

I pray he won't be among those Jesus spoke of in Matthew 7:22
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Ubenedictus(m): 12:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
blink182: How can God speak to him when the ministry of the Holy Spirit is barely acknowledged by the catholic church.

I pray he won't be among those Jesus spoke of in Matthew 7:22
u have been grossly misinformed. The holyspirit has been, is and will alway be acknowledge in d catholic church.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by macnwaobi: 12:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
In politices,nothing happen as a mistake if it does you know that It was designed to be so.by this next year the next pope will give in to politics and legalized sam sex marriage.if it does we ar DOOMED!!!
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by ProfAlobasky(m): 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
Some people can be very paranoid in their opinions shocked ... Do you want this man to die on the position or you think he's after his own gains for him to stay there? Let me ask, how many men of God still stand on their feet to preach at age 80 in Nigeria? Doing God's work is more of humility and sincerity than deceit. If God could ask Moses to go to the mountain and never returned when he was of age in the time of old, why cant he tell His son (the Pope) to retire cos of age and/or ill health. You guys should better refrain from judging people. He is an anointed man of God, pls watch the kind of comments you pass on him.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Eziachi: 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
I will take it that God has his both email address and phone contact or did they share on twitter/facebook?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Tony Rapu On Plastic Surgery: 'The Bible Is Silent About It' / Easter: Bishop Ezeokafor Gifts Bags Of Rice, Others To Over 300 People / Am Beginning To Lose Faith In Islam: Boko-haram Caused It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.