Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,218 members, 7,849,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI (18427 Views)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Pope Benedict To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by FiftyFifty(m): 7:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
God or Doctor? Just thinking aloud
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by free2ryhme: 7:27pm On Feb 24, 2013
The Catholic Church is a conspicuously hypocritical, medieval, morally corrupt, covetous, sanctimonious institution, complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protection of pedophile priests. Its survival over the centuries has continued through the exploitation of human frailties, fear, and the promise of eternal salvation for those whose ignorance and/or innocence is such as to blind them to such deceit. It is an institution that is centuries behind the times and will continue to be so as long as the outdated and out-of-touch clergy remain above the law and cast aside society's norms and need for justice.

To quote the Greek philosopher Plato ... "Ignorance, the root and stem of all evil." That is the foundation on which this church was built and has moved on over the millennia with its insidious ambitions into the lives of so many unfortunates. Widespread ignorance in our societies and the unquestioning acceptance of religious authority blinds people to the truth ... that is how this church survives.

When the Vatican, the very 'root' of the Catholic Church, is involved in forgoing justice for the sake of reputation, is not the end of this institution near ... unfortunately not, for man is, for the most part, not a clear thinking, rational animal at all times ... there will always be blind followers who will keep this church alive and allow this institution to parasitize more innocents.

The Catholic Church is complicit in abhorrent criminal activities involving protecting and not exposing pedophile priests. This, and previous Popes, and so many of their 'priestly flock', are clearly guilty of both obstruction of justice and aiding/abetting a crime, at the very least, and/or the repugnant abuse of minors, and should be held accountable to the laws of the land. Their secrecy and lies to avoid prosecution are pathetic attempts to maintain the century's old 'status quo'. Enough is enough ... get on with it ... arrests and charges should ensue. Freedom is a luxury that should not be afforded to those who have perpetrated such evil while masquerading as pious souls.

Under the previous Pope (Pope John Paul II), Pope Benedict XVI was the chief administrator of all the secret 'files' that historically, and to the present day, came to the Vatican on child abuse in the Catholic Church's world-wide diocese. There exists a 'treasure trove' of documents outlining the abuses and the action (or more appropriately, inaction) taken by the church to cover up the abuses. It would appear at least some of these files will be released ... http://www.vatileaks.com/_blog/Vati_Leaks/post/Judge_orders_confidential_Vatican_files_to_be_released/.

When the 'health and wellbeing' of the Catholic Church and its administrators takes precedent over the physical and emotional health of its child victims of abuse, it is clear this church is morally bankrupt. Centuries have passed with no correction to its 'modus operandi' leading to the ruination of countless lives. The time has come for retribution.

Hopefully, Karma and/or the judicial systems throughout the world will deal with those who purvey(ed) their deceitful, self-righteous religious dogma, while simultaneously preying upon the naivete of adults, and the innocence and trust of the most vulnerable in our society ... children.

4 Likes

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Aladinn(m): 7:30pm On Feb 24, 2013
dady12: the reason why he resign is best know to him and God,infact,do you guys think tht pop is like your nigeria foollish power drunk leaders? This man should be commended for what he did,he is aged,do you want him dead on the throne?let us reason with our brain and stop asking foolish questions because there is no foolish man here tht will give u foolish answer

from your logic Pope John Paul was power drunk to have died on the 'throne' despite being ravaged with parkinson and old age?

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by eagleeye2: 7:33pm On Feb 24, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
"tins" like what?
Last time I checked there is no law that forbids a pope from resigning...and he isn't the first pope to do so!

Give me a reference to any other pope that have resigned/retired in the history of the Catholic church?
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by winkay: 7:34pm On Feb 24, 2013
Let pope resign for any reason,he still deserve commendation and we should please watch it so that whatever we say on this will not lead us to sin
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by pankere(m): 7:40pm On Feb 24, 2013
HOW CAN SOMEONE CHOSEN BY GOD FOR A POST QUIT THAT POST

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:41pm On Feb 24, 2013
Did God "Asked" Or "Told" Him To Retire Cos I Don't Really Understand The Heading.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by JeSoul(f): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2013
Oga Tableleg small small now...abeg easy on the language ehn. Tank you.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by TableLeg(m): 7:53pm On Feb 24, 2013
JeSoul: Oga Tableleg small small now...abeg easy on the language ehn. Tank you.
I am sorry JeSoul ..,... The best mod ever! wink
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Okworigeorge(m): 7:55pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will George Us from our Sinners.
.....-GEORGE- bros wetin i do u na?
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by oprahwinfrey(f): 7:59pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez:

@op, what kind of picture is in your profile. My god, I choked on my food.

^
My sister, that is a Priest doing the work of God. grin
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by free2ryhme: 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2013
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 24, 2013
oprahwinfrey:

^
My sister, that is a Priest doing the work of God. grin

Chei, craze people full this nairaland.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by JeSoul(f): 8:05pm On Feb 24, 2013
Oprahwinfrey, how is the network these days madam? Pls easy on the language, NL is a 'family friendly' site. Thanks sister.

@oga Tabel leg, appreciated sir! smiley
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by NosaHenry(m): 8:07pm On Feb 24, 2013
Mr. Abuja:
For the Pope to say we are all sinners including him n Now he is about to Retire. Only God n him alone will Geo[i][/i]rge Us from our Sinners.
what!! O'boy correct yourself
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by irich21(m): 8:09pm On Feb 24, 2013
There's more to it than we know, time will tell. Trust me.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by winkay: 8:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
May you live long his holiness. Go and register your bigotry with God if you are furious that his Holiness resigned or catholic church rules the world. cowards.

1 Like

Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by bright001(m): 8:23pm On Feb 24, 2013
Y will u retire 4rm God's wrk mr pope pls we are nt suckling it will do us a great good if u will tell us the truth we ar graduates and nt kg pupils thnks.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by oprahwinfrey(f): 8:24pm On Feb 24, 2013
JeSoul: Oprahwinfrey, how is the network these days madam? Pls easy on the language, NL is a 'family friendly' site. Thanks sister.

Chei, see as you take style come win me over. I am a professional thread derailer and I have sworn to derail as many threads as I can. This is a consequence of the dictatorial nature of so many of the moderators; they just hide posts at will and dish out bans undiscriminatorily. But your approach has soften my heart. I will leave your section.
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by Revolva(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24, 2013
Funny pope!!! No kind lie we no go hear
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by teniyi(m): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2013
The man resides between lies and futile dreams. Liar!
Re: God Asked Me To Retire, Says Pope Benedict XVI by ddippset(m): 8:29pm On Feb 24, 2013
kmcutez: Where did his strength go to? What of the Phil 4:13
which says, I can bless all altars boys through christ who stregthens me.
I had a cute reply for you but thAnk your ancestors the mod hid my post. Go clean up the cob webs in your brain, you sound like you got a big fat one in your throat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wearing Rings On The Toes To Church / Easter: Bishop Ezeokafor Gifts Bags Of Rice, Others To Over 300 People / Is It Right For Churches To Celebrate Cultural Day In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.