Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Little Help Pls - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Little Help Pls (1042 Views)

Please Webmasters I Need A Little Help With Making Money From My Site. / A Little Help On This / Little Help With This Python Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Little Help Pls by greatdbanj: 7:31pm On Mar 17, 2008
D sizes of my images are too much, say 3mb, 2mb. Pls aw cn i reduce it. Wt program shd i use n tel me d procedure. Thanx in anticipation
Re: Little Help Pls by my2cents(m): 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2008
greatdbanj (or skibanj, as your jamaican friends may call you tongue).

You can optimize ur images via your graphics software program. I happen to like and use photoshop and so the solution I will give you here is based on photoshop. If anyone uses fireworks, post the similar process for accomplishing this:

1) Open file in photoshop

2) From the menus above: Image -> Image size

3) In the popup that you see, make sure that "constrain proportions" checkbox is checked.

4) Play with the width either the width or height of the image to get the size you want.

Please note:
1) for #3 above, the "constrain proportion" ensures that whatever height/width you choose is automatically and proportionally resized by photoshop. You can always choose not to constrain but your image may not come out as desired

2) It is best to scale down a large image and not scale up from a small image, with respect to image quality

3) Assuming the image is the proper size but the file size is still large, then you:
a) Click on File -> Save for web.
b) Choose jpeg (preferably, for photos)
c) Play with the "quality" slider and note how the file size changes (at the bottom left of the window).
d) Save new file.

I hope these help.
Re: Little Help Pls by aphoe(m): 6:01pm On Mar 18, 2008
you can also use macromedia/adobe fireworks to do resize your images
Re: Little Help Pls by zankey(m): 11:29pm On Mar 18, 2008
my2cents:

greatdbanj (or skibanj, as your jamaican friends may call you  tongue).

You can optimize your images via your graphics software program.  I happen to like and use photoshop and so the solution I will give you here is based on photoshop.  If anyone uses fireworks, post the similar process for accomplishing this:

1) Open file in photoshop

2) From the menus above: Image -> Image size

3) In the popup that you see, make sure that "constrain proportions" checkbox is checked.

4) Play with the width either the width or height of the image to get the size you want.

Please note:
1) for #3 above, the "constrain proportion" ensures that whatever height/width you choose is automatically and proportionally resized by photoshop.  You can always choose not to constrain but your image may not come out as desired

2) It is best to scale down a large image and not scale up from a small image, with respect to image quality

3) Assuming the image is the proper size but the file size is still large, then you:
a) Click on File -> Save for web.
b) Choose jpeg (preferably, for photos)
c) Play with the "quality" slider and note how the file size changes (at the bottom left of the window).
d) Save new file.

I hope these help.

If you find that too technical, you can actually RESIZE IMAGES ONLINE for free within a minute,
Visit:
http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
or
http://www.picresize.com/
Re: Little Help Pls by Nobody: 3:23am On Mar 19, 2008
i use both photoshop and fireworks for my graphics just follow what my2cents has explain it is the same process for the same both image editing software
Re: Little Help Pls by digitalglo(m): 4:13pm On Mar 19, 2008
If you find it difficult using any of the prescribed programmes, u can try using the most basic and simplest of them all. - paint.

Paint comes free with all windows os and can be accessed as follows:

1.go to start menu, then all programs after which u hit accessories; under that, click on paint.
2.Then go to file, click on open and get to the desired image and open it.
3.Now, click on image on the menu bar
4.then select stretch /skew after wich you can now play with the dimensions as you wish.

Its damn efective. Trust me.
cheers,

(1) (Reply)

Help / Planning to start an Internet Business company? / Logo And Mobile Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.