Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (24769 Views)

Tell Us About Your First Car Experience. / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / At What Age Did U Start Driving And How Many Days It Took You To Be Perfect . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Remii(m): 8:26pm On Feb 25, 2013
1997 Benz 200 Flat boot, aka German mistake, N397K at 31 yrs,
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by chikeorji123(m): 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
l have my first wife(car) at 29..toyota 4runner 1995..now l'm going 31 on october..
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by 18wheeler: 9:40pm On Feb 25, 2013
Bought my car in 2008 @ 28yrs. A honda 99accord (baby boy) for 1.32m naira. Still using it.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by victord1st: 9:57pm On Feb 25, 2013
At around 2006-2007,I was so much in love with AUDi A6 03/04 model,always dreaming about owing this car,but in 2007 something happened that change my life 4eva and in 2008 i got my first a NISSAN PATHFINDER 05 model @ #3.1m,and i was just 27.Then it amuses to hear people ask my friends if i had taken up a professional driving job.Now am hoping that BTGO GOD am getting a VENZA 2011 this yr GOD help me.I'm in love with this car.

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Jadela(m): 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2013
I bought my first car in 2011 at age 28. It's a Mitsubishi Galant 2001 model (US specifications), bought at N900,000. Still enjoying the car...
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Vires: 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2013
Vision2045: I bought my first car age 4yrs for just 5naira....wat a nice toy car it was.

lol lol lol lol lol lol
you no serious ooooooooo
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by MrHenri: 12:39am On Feb 26, 2013
I bought my first car at the age of 25
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Nobody: 2:19am On Feb 26, 2013
honeypie143:

Haba now we dn sharp pass dat one tongue

Na u sabi wetin u mean.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Nobody: 2:39am On Feb 26, 2013
My first car was a brand new Volkswagen Beetle 1500. It was a birthday present when I turned 17. I lived in Benin-City back then.

The first car I purchased with my own money was a 1983 Audi 80 1,6 GL 3-speed auto, when I returned to the UK back in 1990. I paid the lowly sum of £50 for her, and ran her for two years.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by GooseBaba: 2:58am On Feb 26, 2013
Bought my first car in 2001.. It was a 1991 Nissan stanza for $2k from a co-worker. I was 21..closed its chapter with a head on collision...thank God for seat belts .. cheesy
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by hubreality(m): 4:22am On Feb 26, 2013
Bought my first car(Toyota DX) coupe in 1999 at the age of 22yrs for 135K Nigeria fairly used.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by obynoud1: 6:58am On Feb 26, 2013
At age of 23yrs,250k
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Shagati(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2013
2008 Honda Accord - N3.2m - Age 33
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by princecemo(m): 9:15am On Feb 26, 2013
i bought my first car when i was 27 and now i am 28...it was a honda accord (Halla)
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by bedford101(m): 9:23am On Feb 26, 2013
Shagati: I've had a very chequered car ownership/driving history.
1979 Honda Accord - Hand me down from my mum - Age 17 (Free)
1994 Toyota Liteace - Hand me down from my mum - Age 19 (Free)
1986 Nissan Bluebird SGX - Hand me down from cousin - Age 23 (He asked for N140k but I never paid him even after I sold it for N180k 6months later grin)
Toyota Hilux - Office Car - Age 26
Toyota Condor - Office Car - Age 26
1998 Toyota Corona - Office Car - Age 27
2005 Peugeot 307 - Office Car - Age 27
2005 Toyota Corolla - Office Car - Age 28
2005 Toyota Corolla - Office Car - Age 30 (paid N400k for this when I was leaving the firm but I sold it almost immediately after so I never owned it)
2004 Honda Accord - Paid N1.9m for it but it wasn't registered in my name and only drove it 5% of the time so technically not my car
2008 Honda - Finally! - Paid N3.2m and was registered to me - Age 33

#Please note that I have had other non-car 'vehicles' wink bought and owned by me the first of which was a 1990s Suzuki GSX-F bought at age 21

guy the thread is at what age did u buy ur first car with your money..not your true life story,and not all the cars u hav entered, shwooo

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Mishydoo(m): 10:10am On Feb 26, 2013
Nairalanders HELP!...I am 25 and my Dad still thinks am to young too own ɑ̤̥̈̊ Car!...Av got d money,Cos am d only son!...What should I do?I need it!
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by dgb4(m): 11:53am On Feb 26, 2013
Mishydoo: Nairalanders HELP!...I am 25 and my Dad still thinks am to young too own ɑ̤̥̈̊ Car!...Av got d money,Cos am d only son!...What should I do?I need it!

open this thread and show your dad...chikina

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Nettle1(m): 12:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
eDon_tey: I pray 2 buy ma 1st car b4 d age of 26..., don't want 2 choose a brand n model now bt its definitely goin 2 be a badt car

..... So help me GOD....
AMEN
CAN U SEE UR LIVE OUTSIDE U HAVE CURSED YOURSELF YOU WILL BUY A BADT CAR. STOP USING SLANG WHEN PRAYING. U DNT NID TO WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR U CAN BUY A VOLKWAGEN BEETLE AT THE RATE OF 10K NA BADT CAR

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by omar22(m): 12:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
Siena: My first car was a brand new Volkswagen Beetle. It was a birthday present when I turned 17. I lived in Benin-City back then.

The first car I purchased with my own money was a 1983 Audi 80 GL 3-speed auto, when I returned to the UK back in 1990. I paid the lowly sum of £50 for her, and ran her for two years.

Siena can you please settle this

https://www.nairaland.com/1206367/benz-vs-bmw-vs-audi/3
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by beautyuche: 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2013
Bought my first car @ 23 in 2008 was a Mazda 626 didnt realy drive it as i was told its a family car so i handed it over to my mum.i guess it cost me about 450k.last year i bought a toyota camry as my birthday gift i am soo rocking it.I am loving this thread it just made me realize how little attention i ve paid to progress made in my life.I am grateful to God cause i worked saved and bought these cars no loan and no plenty fasting and prayer with ease.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by pafestula(m): 4:05pm On Feb 26, 2013
Justosaus: how come EVERYBODY seems to have bought a car before the age of thirty? In this Nigeria?
Buahaha... I dey laugh even dry roll for ground, even my country people no gree tell us the source.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by bedford101(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
pafestula:
Buahaha... I dey laugh even dry roll for ground, even my country people no green tell us the source.
grin grin grin na true o them nor gree talk the source cheesy hehehehe
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by omaolowo(m): 4:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Very funny as I seem to the only OLD MAN to contribute to this thread.
But permit me to say that my first car was bought in 1977: It was a VolksWagen Beetle 1,300 cc
The total cost was N2,660.00. Of course, it was BRAND NEW - from NITECHO Osogbo. Super Petrol then, cost only 10 kobo per litre. To fill up your tank that is entirely empty was less than N4.00 (Four Naira)

I was then aged 24 yrs - and a Graduate Assistant in the University.

This car was sold to a colleague for N3,500 in 1987 - 10 years later. By then, I was having an official car a Peugeot 504 SR bought in January 1983 and another personal car (also a Peugeot 504) for my wife. This second Peugeot car was actually bought from SCOA Apapa in April 1984 because of the 'Odd and Even No' regime in Lagos. We left Lagos (for good) in 1985.

My wife then used this car for 25 years (from 1987 when she learnt driving) until I was forced to 'retire' the car with a replacement. She is the most wonderful angel. Our paths crossed as Primary School classmates in 1959 (now you know!)

God has been so kind: as both of these Peugeot cars are still in our compound and are still ACTIVE (if you don't mind power-assisted steering, automatic gear, windows, air-conditioner) offered by the Toyotas, Datsun Ultima and the Hondas we (the 'children' have grown up and have their cars, too!) now use.

Very occasionally, I still take a cruise in the 1984 Peugeot. It has been wonderful for this 29 year old member of the family! It has really been wonderful (But alas, I have to end this with 'GONE ARE THOSE DAYS.....')

12 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by yungboss(m): 4:46pm On Feb 26, 2013
bought my first car at 28, 1996 Mercedes C220, paid N700k for it.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by omoajiri(m): 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
omaolowo: Very funny as I seem to the only OLD MAN to contribute to this thread.
But permit me to say that my first car was bought in 1977: It was a VolksWagen Beetle 1,300 cc
The total cost was N2,660.00. Of course, it was BRAND NEW - from NITECHO Osogbo. Super Petrol then, cost only 10 kobo per litre. To fill up your tank that is entirely empty was less than N4.00 (Four Naira)

This car was sold to a colleague for N3,500 in 1987 - 10 years later. By then, I was having an official car a Peugeot 504 SR bought in January 1983 and another personal car (also a Peugeot 504) for my wife. This second Peugeot car was actually bought from SCOA Apapa in April 1984 because of the 'Odd and Even No' regime in Lagos. We left Lagos (for good) in 1985.

My wife then used this car for 25 years (from 1987 when she learnt driving) until I was forced to 'retire' the car with a replacement. She is the most wonderful angel. Our paths crossed as Primary School classmates in 1959 (now you know!)

God has been so kind: as both of these Peugeot cars are still in our compound and are still ACTIVE (if you don't mind power-assisted steering, automatic gear, windows, air-conditioner) offered by the Toyotas, Datsun Ultima and the Hondas we (the 'children' have grown up and have their cars, too!) now use.

Very occasionally, I still take a cruise in the 1984 Peugeot. It has been wonderful for this 29 year old member of the family! It has really been wonderful (But alas, I have to end this with 'GONE ARE THOSE DAYS.....')

That was a very interesting story sir.
Do you by chance live in Abeokuta sir? I know of someone who the above narrative aptly describes him & his household.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by omaolowo(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
No. Not in Abeokuta cheesy

I am in an enclave elsewhere: (actually, in Ondo State) grin

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Danice253: 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2013
CeCe Billz: At de age of 19! Kia Rio. Don't kw de price my dad bought it 4 me and I wee be 21 on sunday 3rd of marchgrin u guys should wish me luck lol
hapi bday dear... My own birthday is on monday 4th of march.
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by yungboss(m): 7:07pm On Feb 26, 2013
omaolowo: Very funny as I seem to the only OLD MAN to contribute to this thread.

ikenna, i think we have to recognize sir Omaolowo...maybe we'll need to get a picture of the all-generation lion! One of the most durable cars the peugeot has produced! Lots of honour sir!
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by yungboss(m): 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2013
i love this thread because of the air of nostalgia it brings....
Re: At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2013

I don't know why, but your story gave me a feeling of acute nostalgia. I'm not as old as you are, but I'm old enough to remember the good old days in Nigeria, and the good old faithful Peugeot 504's - my mom owned a French GL.

Your recount of how you met your wife, I really liked that. I wish you and madam many, many more happy and fruitful years together. Respect to you, Uncle!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Made In Nigerian Buses Finally Hit Lagos Road. / Bus Driver Uses Screw Driver As Car Key In Lagos (Photos) / You Should Never Remove Your Car Thermostat To Avoid Overheating.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.