Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

The One Who Awaits - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One Who Awaits (80676 Views)

The Body Awaits... / A Story Awaits You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One Who Awaits by Eneze1(f): 8:14am On Mar 26, 2013
am so so in love with this story, @repogirl you are a good writer, keep it up
Re: The One Who Awaits by kenny1795(m): 8:49am On Mar 26, 2013
Osas wuld really make it as a poet... Instead of stalking beautiful girls
Re: The One Who Awaits by shadowzy: 9:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Great! Greater!! Greatest!!! grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by oyestephen(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2013
kenny1795: Osas wuld really make it as a poet... Instead of stalking beautiful girls
seconded
Re: The One Who Awaits by fiolaP(f): 12:25pm On Mar 26, 2013
repogirl...am so inlove with this writeup, everytime am eating it up more....
Re: The One Who Awaits by 001solar(m): 7:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
I must just say dis about ur write up nothing much about sex not like wat other do write, which is all about sex and u r still pulling followers like, dat meens u r doing a gr8 job dere. Kisses to u out dere
Re: The One Who Awaits by Bluediamond1(f): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
Oh repogal,u gat me gone.readin wit my hrt in my mouth?neva tot any1 cld dat here...
I doff my hat.
I won't tel i wat i xpct coz i trust u 2 do beta.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 11:13pm On Mar 26, 2013
kenny1795: Osas wuld really make it as a poet... Instead of stalking beautiful girls

smiley, nice one, lol, I agree he would.

fiolaP: repogirl...am so inlove with this writeup, everytime am eating it up more....

Thanks, smiley, still some more to come.

001solar: I must just say dis about ur write up nothing much about sex not like wat other do write, which is all about sex and u r still pulling followers like, dat meens u r doing a gr8 job dere. Kisses to u out dere

smiley Thanks solar. very much appreciated.

Blue diamond: Oh repogal,u gat me gone.readin wit my hrt in my mouth?neva tot any1 cld dat here...
I doff my hat.
I won't tel i wat i xpct coz i trust u 2 do beta.

you're right on dat. Brace yourself for what's coming soon. grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 11:20pm On Mar 26, 2013
Mayor46: Just waiting to see how osas plan is gonna fail but repogirl this story is blessed

lol@ blessed, thanks Mayor.
Re: The One Who Awaits by IzyLuv(f): 2:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Repogirl... Hope u slept well... Was hopin u'l surpriz us wif an update yday(wishful thinking)

i'm HopefuL for 2day...i love wednesdays!!!!! grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:58am On Mar 27, 2013
IzyLuv: Repogirl... Hope u slept well... Was hopin u'l surpriz us wif an update yday(wishful thinking)

i'm HopefuL for 2day...i love wednesdays!!!!! grin

Lol, yesterday was really busy for me and I didnt even have electricity all day. will post today but possibly in the afternoon.
Re: The One Who Awaits by IzyLuv(f): 5:01am On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl:

Lol, yesterday was really busy for me and I didnt even have electricity all day. will post today but possibly in the afternoon.

sowie bout ur day...
dis electricity seff... M tempted to sue PHCN...lol
afternoon it is, we'll be waiting!!!
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ice4jez(m): 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl abeg now.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ice4jez(m): 12:44pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl abeg now.this one way just forget ur pple is not gud oh.i know u re married but suspense fit kill person oh
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 12:50pm On Mar 27, 2013
Am Sorry o, NEPA wants to try themselves today, am working on it right now. Not really sure when i'll be done, by 4pm at most.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Eneze1(f): 1:01pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl: Am Sorry o, NEPA wants to try themselves today, am working on it right now. Not really sure when i'll be done, by 4pm at most.

weldone
Re: The One Who Awaits by oladimeji101(m): 1:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl: Am Sorry o, NEPA wants to try themselves today, am working on it right now. Not really sure when i'll be done, by 4pm at most.

Patiently and impatently waiting......... grin
Re: The One Who Awaits by oyestephen(m): 2:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
oladimeji101:

Patiently and impatently waiting......... grin
Hehehe are you a english teacher ?
Re: The One Who Awaits by tianyx(f): 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
T
Re: The One Who Awaits by oladimeji101(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2013
oyestephen:
Hehehe are you a english teacher ?
grin
Hehehehhe. Am not an English teacher oo but I can mix English together to make a confused sentence . Just for her to know the feeling is btw patient and impatient .. All ms English . In btw still waiting for an update from repogirl
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
CHAPTER 15
Tekena was parked outside the house, he had no plans of going in per chance he ran into his mother. Deifa was the reason he was here, they had some shopping to do for Dare's party the next day. Deifa had offered to cater for he event, and he being her boyfriend had to assist her. She, Tonye and a few of their friends were planning on preparing some light snacks and finger foods the next day. The two had begun a sort of truce of their own, they were not exactly friends yet but they could manage a conversation without going at each others throats’.
He’d given Dare the go-ahead to let his girlfriend into the house, largely because of pressure from Deifa. She'd convinced him that Tonye hadn’t wronged him in anyway and he should stop keeping the poor girl away from her boyfriend’s house. She was still trying to get him to work things out with his mom, but that was a definite no-no for him. That would never happen.
Work things out with a woman who could keep a secret as great as this for such a long time? She could never be trusted, He knew he would never trust her with anything ever again.
It was about two weeks now since he’d received the shock of his life and he was still hurting, the wound of betrayal still felt really fresh in his heart. He wondered if it would ever stop hurting, they said time healed all but he wasn’t sure about this one. This was just too painful.
He picked up his phone to call her and let her know he was outside.
"TK?" She asked
"Yeah, Dee, I'm parked outside, how far?"
"Oh great, do you mind coming up for a second? I can't zip my gown up." She told him.
He frowned." Are you for real, Deifa?” Was this a joke?
“What?” She asked acting confused.
“You want me to come upstairs to zip up your gown? You couldn't even try to come up with a better lie?"
She sighed"I'm serious, TK. My hand can’t reach it"
"Wear something without a zip then." He told her, he wasn't going into the house, it was an obvious trap.
"What do you mean wear something without a zip? This is what I feel like wearing today, if you don’t come up then you can forget about going out."
"Oh, really?" He asked, now she was threatening him?
"Yes, really." She replied hanging up.
'Hell!' He exclaimed looking at the dead phone in his hand. One of these days, he swore, he was going to spank that girl.
She knew him too well, She knew he would go in. For her, he would do anything even something he really didn’t want to. She wasn’t going to get off easily though, she was going to hear it from him.
Deifa was putting together the last of the things she would need at Dare’s house. She planned on spending the weekend there because she had some things to do in preparation for the party. Tekena had suggested it, she was sure it was because he wanted to keep an eye on her. He was really taking the texts thing seriously, She knew it was someone playing a joke. Tekena just loved to overreact sometimes. He was such a sweetheart, in the short while they’d been together, she knew she could trust him with her life. He was so dependable and she didn’t mind ruffling his feathers a bit every once in a while.
He didn’t like her bringing up the issue about him and his mother, it was a topic that they didn’t see eye to eye on. He hated fighting and so did she but she was going to do all she could to bring mother and son back together even if she had to use obvious tricks. He would be pissed for a while she knew, but if that meant he would have a conversation with his mother, then she could live with getting him a bit angry.
“Deifa!” the subject of her thoughts barged into her room “ What was that about?”
She didn’t bother giving him face, it was better this way, he would talk and rant for while and it would all go into one of her ears and came out the other.
“You think I don’t know you’re trying to set me up to see my mom?” He asked “Do you think I’m that dumb?”
“I didn’t say that. You just did.” She told him not able to keep herself from replying him.
“Are you telling me that I said I am dumb?” He asked her frowning.
“Am I?” She asked him.
“Stop that crap, you are trying to distract me!” He told her waving a finger “You’re not even wearing anything with a zip for crying out loud.”
She smiled “ I changed my mind. Come on, lets go.” She picked up her bags, leaving the heavier one for him.
“One of these days Deifa….” He warned as he picked up the bag. “What in the world is in this bag? You are only staying for the weekend! You’re packed like you are going away for a month.”
“Just carry the bag, TK. Did you see your mom in the living room?”
“No. I took the back door.”
She rolled her eyes, ‘artful dodger’, she thought. Well, he wouldn’t dodge this time.
“We’re taking the front door this time, I have some cooking utensils in the kitchen I need to take along.”
“How convenient. Deifa, you need to drop this interfering of yours, its starting to get on my nerves.”
She smiled sweetly “You know how I love getting on your nerves.”
“Stop it Deifa? Just stop. Just leave this thing alone, Deifa its between me and her. I don’t know why you’re involving yourself.”
Now she turned on him, He needed to know some truths “Its not between you and her, TK! I’m your girlfriend, I care about you and I can see what this issue is doing to you. Unlike you, I want it to be resolved once and for all so that you can move on. It concerns me because I care about your well being.”
“I swear you can be unnerving.” He told her
“And you like it.” She said continuing on her way.
He shook his head. They’d gotten to the living room. His mother who was seated there got up on seeing him. Like her son, this thing was also taking its toll on her, she wasn’t looking like her usual self even Deifa felt sorry for her.
“Tekena, I didn’t know you were around.”
Deifa turned to look at her handsome, Greek god look alike of a boyfriend whose expression had turned into stone. She rolled her eyes, gosh he could be so bloody stubborn, he won’t even give his poor mother a chance.
“I’m not here to listen to anything else you have to say, mom” He said the ‘mom’ with so much disdain “I’m leaving.”
The woman barely shielded the pain that crossed her face “I understand, but just have this.” She handed him a large picture album. He looked at it but made no move to collect it, Deifa took it from her for him. She would make sure he went through it.
Her eyes went back to his face and for a second she could have sworn, she saw him crack, his eyes had softened, as if he’d seen and understaood his mothers suffering, as if he’d understood what she might be passing through. It happened really fast, so fast she wasn’t sure if she’d seen it.
Without another word he turned to her “Your cooking utensils?
She suddenly remembered them “oh, yeah.”
“I’ll be in the car.” He told her leaving, but not before he gave her an angry glare.
‘great!’ now he was really angry with her.
The Senator was patiently waiting in his son’s offices, he’d met with Tekena’s business partner earlier who had made a call to Tekena and had told him that Tekena was now on his way down. He knew this wasn’t a great idea but he had to try something instead of just sitting, folding his hands waiting for some miracle to happen. He had to see him, his son, blood of his blood, flesh of his flesh. He couldn’t help but smile as he remembered his last talk with him. The boy looked so much like he did, even his wife, Tammy agreed.
Edna had done a great job in his upbringing. From the short conversation ha and Tekana had, Marc had gathered that his son was a handsome, smart and considerate young man. He was a very proud father even though he’d not lent a hand in his upbringing.
He knew he couldn’t turn back time and so he needed to make amends for all these years he’d missed out on knowing his son. Tekena might rebuff his advances but it was better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all.
He was currently sitting in the office he guessed was designated to his son. It was nothing too much, not large but well furnished, he guessed Tekena had good taste. How many young men his age had a job, talk more about running there own business? Even if the capital had come from his step father , he’d managed to keep it afloat for a few years now, that was really impressive.
The door knob opened and his son came in, behind him was a girl, a very pretty young lady.
Tekena stopped in his tracks as he recognised his visitor.
“Hello….Son.” He said uncertainly.
“Don’t! I am not your son!” Tekena told him. The girl behind him was probably his girlfriend, she touched his arm as she said pleadingly “Tekena please.” But He was obviously too angry to adhere to her plea.
“I don’t want to see you ever! Not ever! You are not my father, no matter what you think. Being a father is much more than fertilizing an egg, you hear me! Next time I see you, I’m calling security!”
“Tekena!” That was the girl again, he ignored her, turned and left the room instead.
‘well, that was short!’ Marc thought to himself. He’d seen for himself just how angry he still was.
“I’m sorry sir,” She apologised “he’s…he’s not usually like this.” She said
“I understand.” Marc managed a smile for her benefit, she looked so embarrassed. She was so tall and beautiful. “You are?” He extended a hand to her
“I’m Deifa Silva.” She told him accepting his hand in a hand shake.
This was Chief Silva’s daughter, the one whom Edna had said could get through to Tekena who was also very likely his girlfriend. Tekena did know how to pick them.
“Please give him some more time, he will come around eventually, right now he’s still hurting.” She told him “I really have to go now.” She told him and he nodded.
“Sure.” He told her. “ a pleasure meeting you.”
“Thankyou Sir.” She said as she took her leave.
Marc decided it was about time he also left seeing as how his presence hadn’t made a difference or added any positive value. He decided toleave his son alone for a while, like she’d suggested and hope he came around finally.
He was travelling to Bayelsa the next day for business and would be there for a while. He hoped that would take his mind off things and when he returned, they would be able to relate better.

2 Likes

Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
As usual, this is just part one, the second one packs a punch, you dont want to miss it. I think that one will be ready by or before midnite, bear with me abeg, I know thats quite late.
Re: The One Who Awaits by haysal(m): 4:24pm On Mar 27, 2013
grin lovely as usual!!!!!
Re: The One Who Awaits by Eneze1(f): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl: As usual, this is just part one, the second one packs a punch, you dont want to miss it. I think that one will be ready by or before midnite, bear with me abeg, I know thats quite late.

well done, more ink to ur pen and more battery to ur laptop
Re: The One Who Awaits by Bluediamond1(f): 5:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
repogirl: As usual, this is just part one, the second one packs a punch, you dont want to miss it. I think that one will be ready by or before midnite, bear with me abeg, I know thats quite late.
okay,patiently waitin.
Re: The One Who Awaits by kenny1795(m): 5:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
I hv a question; Do u think Edna did d right thing by keeping this secret away frm ha son?? Ave been tryin 2 analyse dx
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 5:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
kenny1795: I hv a question; Do u think Edna did d right thing by keeping this secret away frm ha son?? Ave been tryin 2 analyse dx

I don't think she did, I'd like to look at it like this, at first she wanted him to mature first, get to an age he'll be able to understand the implication of it all and then when he came of age she kept postponing it afraid of how he'll handle the news.
Re: The One Who Awaits by tianyx(f): 6:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
wink smileyAs usual,meeting xpectation...Yh,he shld have tld him D̶̲̥̅̊ truth much earlier than him finding it out in this sort of manner
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hi, Fellow Nairalanders, readers, commentators, analysts, reviewers, critics and co-authors.
Puhleeeeese o, I want to let you guys know that after my next update tonight, I'll be going on a short break till next wednesday. This is because of the easter holidays. abeg make me sef enjoy small break and attend to the family.
Also, we are finally drawing to an end of this story. Chapter 16 will be the final chapter. YaY!! I go rest from constant harassment small
I chose the title in a haste and now I dont like it anymore, suggestions on a new title would be appreciated from you guys, my co-authors.
I'll still be around, I'll just not be updating for now.
Thanks for your constant understanding, your patience and even your impatience grin, it kept me going till now.
RepoGirl.
Re: The One Who Awaits by honeeyplum(f): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Don't keep us waiting plz
Re: The One Who Awaits by haysal(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
The title should be -love and betrayal.............. undecided(not sure if MY title tallies wiv d story)lipsrsealed
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
hay sal: The title should be -love and betrayal.............. undecided(not sure if MY title tallies wiv d story)lipsrsealed
I dont think it tallies either, nice try though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Maria: The Sequel / African Literature - PDF Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.