Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,168 members, 7,811,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

The One Who Awaits - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The One Who Awaits (80588 Views)

The Body Awaits... / A Story Awaits You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The One Who Awaits by tianyx(f): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2013
tekena and ...*thinking*
Re: The One Who Awaits by oyestephen(m): 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2013
Haaa...God bless repogirl...you may run away for constant harrasments from now but not for long(atleast until you write your next story)....waiting for the next episode...as for the title; how about "the secret".....
Re: The One Who Awaits by kenny1795(m): 8:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
tianyx: tekena and ...*thinking*
tz nt a ghanian novel abeg lol
Re: The One Who Awaits by kenny1795(m): 8:53pm On Mar 27, 2013
tianyx: wink smileyAs usual,meeting xpectation...Yh,he shld have tld him D̶̲̥̅̊ truth much earlier than him finding it out in this sort of manner
she actually wanted to but was looking 4 d ryt setting to do that. Itz not easy. I think Tekena's cuirosity z d reason 4 hx predicament
Re: The One Who Awaits by ninja4life(m): 10:57pm On Mar 27, 2013
Hmm dis is really an interesting story love it following thread
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:47am On Mar 28, 2013
Na wa o, sadheavy rain here so automatically, no light. That's d predicament now. Pls be patient with NEPA, thank you. smiley
Re: The One Who Awaits by sextail(m): 3:13am On Mar 28, 2013
In ma usual self, I wld v bin a ghost reader buh I have to say this just in one word----> MAGNIFICENT

Such a rare write up, I love this. Bravo geh, kip it up, the lord is ur strength coz u r definitely goin places
Re: The One Who Awaits by wumsgreen(f): 6:41am On Mar 28, 2013
sextail: In ma usual self, I wld v bin a ghost reader buh I have to say this just in one word----> MAGNIFICENT

Such a rare write up, I love this. Bravo geh, kip it up, the lord is ur strength coz u r definitely goin places
Seconded
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 7:03am On Mar 28, 2013
sextail: In ma usual self, I wld v bin a ghost reader buh I have to say this just in one word----> MAGNIFICENT

Thanks sextailsmiley, Amen.

ninja4life: Hmm dis is really an interesting story love it following thread

Thanks ninja, welcome on board.

Guys abeg o, no light stil, will let u know when i'll be posting later in the day.
Re: The One Who Awaits by haysal(m): 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2013
Desperately waiting!!!........repogirl WHERE YOU AT? undecided
Re: The One Who Awaits by Eneze1(f): 1:55pm On Mar 28, 2013
waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting cry cry cry, @repogirl whr are you now?
Re: The One Who Awaits by frank317: 7:07pm On Mar 28, 2013
I usually don't like romance stories but u really gat me here. I loooove ur story and u make ur flow so easy and natural that I wish I can write like u. I am proud of u especially considering d fact u are abuja based. If u was a romance story writer I would have asked for a collabo, since we both stay in abj. Pls think of me wenever u decide to write something on ruthless killing and romance.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2013
Eneze1: waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting waiting cry cry cry, @repogirl whr are you now?

Na Nepa cause all this one o, no electricity still, sooo sowie.
Re: The One Who Awaits by honeeyplum(f): 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
angry No update yet
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 12:54pm On Mar 29, 2013
Deifa was not happy with her boyfriend. She didn’t give a hoot if he was hurting or whatever, he had no right to have talked to his father that way, he should have at least listened to what the elderly man had to say first before reacting whichever way he wanted to. She’d told him as much on the drive over to Dare’s place doubting if he had even listened because he’d not said a thing.
He didn’t know what it felt like to have no living parents, what she wouldn’t give to have a chance to see either of her parents again even for only five minutes. He should be grateful for this chance, he had been given a chance to know his father and he was being too stubborn and pigheaded to realise the opportunity he was throwing away.
She was so angry she’d banged pots and pans all through the lunch she’d been preparing, hoping it would help alleviate the anger she was feeling. It hadn’t helped much. For a great guy, he could be so annoying, and to think he thought she was the unnerving one.
She placed the dishes on a tray and carried it upstairs to the study where he was working.
He looked up from his laptop as she entered, his eyes taking in the tray of food she carried.
He smiled. Had he thought she wouldn’t feed him because she was angry with him? She didn’t return his smile however, she was too angry with him to do that.
“Deifa…” He called sensing her anger.
She didn’t respond as she went about setting the dishes by the side of the table. She sensed he was staring at her, probably thinking of how best to talk to her.
He placed a hand on hers instead. This got her to pause in her actions. She looked from her hand to him, he’d finally gotten her attention, did he have anything important to say?
“Yes?”
“What do you want me to do, Deifa?”
“I want you to listen to what your father has to say!”
He sighed and took his hand off hers. “That’s a very difficult thing you’re asking of me. I can’t…You don’t understand how I feel Deifa.”
“The same way you don’t understand how I feel.” She told him.
“What do you mean?”
“I’m an orphan, TK. I have no chance of seeing either of my parents ever again, do you know what I would do just to have a glance at them?”
“Our cases are different.”
“Really? Why because your father didn’t want you to be born? Tekena, people make bad decisions all the time, the point is he wants your forgiveness now, he wants to reconcile with you. If you’ll just listen to what he’s got to say, you would…..”
“That’s enough, Deifa. I get the drift, its not happening.” He cut her off.
She resisted the urge to slam the tray on the desk, she calmly picked it up instead.
“Thanks for the lunch.” He said.
“Hope you don’t choke on it.” She replied him and heard him chuckle. She took her anger out on the door instead and slammed it, feeling a bit of her anger ebb but it still wasn’t enough.
The guy was infuriating and she wondered why she liked him so much, every passing day her feelings for him deepened. She was falling and couldn’t help herself. Why did he have to be so damn stubborn?
She went downstairs, back into the kitchen and gathered the pots and pans she’d used to cook, preparing to wash them when the sudden appearance of two hooded figures in her kitchen scared the living daylights out of her. The pots and pans went crashing to the floor causing a great noise.
The dog also began barking.
One of them had a gun which he pointed at her.
‘Sh'it!’ She thought, armed robbers? She wondered as her hands automatically went up in the air.
“Lie down.” The one without a gun spoke up and she obeyed immediately.
“Where is your boyfriend?” The one with a gun asked.
‘Oh no, Tekena!’ Hope they wouldn’t hurt him. She refused to talk and he gave her a hot slap “Where is your boyfriend? B’itch!”
“Hey.” The other one cautioned him “There’s no need for that. Look around, I’ll be here with her.”
“Keep your eyes on her.” The one with the gun said.
The slap was still ringing in her ear as he left, she hoped her face didn’t swell. Who were these? What sort of robbers attacked in the afternoon?
She began to suspect they weren’t robbers, the texts came into mind and she wondered if there was a link.
If there was only a way to give Tekena a signal.
‘What the hell?’ Tekena heard the loud crash as he was about to dig into his food. He got up as the dog started barking. Was Deifa still venting? He doubted she would throw pots on the floor just because she wasn’t happy with him. He needed to check on her but first he wondered why the dog was barking like that when nothing was disturbing it.
Walking over to the window, he peeped and what he saw made him pause for at least a second. There was an unknown person standing beside the dog’s house and worse he had a pistol.
‘What the-?’ “Deifa!” That must have been the reason for the crash.
His first instinct was to run down the stairs to the kitchen but then he knew he would be running into an ambush. He had to think of something else fast.
Leaving the study, he walked down the corridor to Dare’s room which was on the same floor he was.It was the master bedroom and had a balcony attached to it. First he checked that there was no one downstairs and then climbed over the railing, without thinking twice he jumped. It was a one storied building so not much damage could happen, hopefully.
Landing on his feet, knees bent, he quickly rolled over on his side to his back, taking pressure immediately off his legs before getting up to check if he was fine.
Quickly, he scanned the area for a weapon. All he could find were a few wooden planks left over from when Dare was having the dog house built. He picked up one of them and soundlessly made his way over to where he’d seen the assailant.
The dogs barking helped cover up whatever sound he was making. The guy had his back to him.
Tekena moved fast, holding the plank with both hands he slammed it on to the guys head from behind, right below the ear, in the hollow behind the ear lobe. He went down immediately; he would have a horrible headache when he woke up in the next few hours. Picking up the handgun, he dumped it in some flowers.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tekena continued on, crouching as he went, avoiding the windows. He needed to get to the kitchen through the back door and he hoped to God none of those bastards had done any harm to Deifa.

The backdoor was open, he had to do this wisely. He couldn’t afford to make a mistake here.

Rising up a bit, he peeped in through the window and saw the figure of a guy standing beside the refrigerator, his back to the door. Tekena’s heart skipped as he didn’t see Deifa. Crouching again, he made his way quietly to the door. Since the guy was backing it, he didn’t see him come through it. From his side eye, he saw Deifa lying head down on the floor.

He didn’t know if this one had a gun but Tekena assumed he did. Holding the plank tightly again, he repeated the move, it worked like magic. He briefly thanked God for the carotid artery, it never failed. Man’s weakest spot in the head.
The guy dropped to the floor but it wasn’t as quiet as the first one, he hit the cook ware on the floor and caused some noise. Deifa turned, her eyes wide as she saw him.

He signalled at her to keep quiet but she was pointing at the door to him.

“what?” He asked as he bent down to help her up. Before she could talk he heard the hurried footsteps down the stairs.

“Oh sh'it!” He cursed realising there was another one. He all but grabbed her up roughly and threw her into the storeroom, closing the door behind her and then running behind the kitchen door just in time.

The third guy ran into the kitchen and found his accomplice in a crumpled heap on the floor. Tekena was about repeating his effective move for the third time when the guy suddenly turned and registered his presence.

Tekena saw the pistol as the guy was bringing it to aim at him and his reflexes took over. There was no way he was getting shot that day. He brought the piece of wood down on the guys hand hard causing him to release the gun. It fell and clattered over to a corner. Tekena followed with a hit to the side of the guys face. He screamed in pain and dropped to his knees.

Tekena sent two powerful kicks to his abdomen and he screamed, doubling over in pain as he held his stomach. He quickly went for the pistol and tucked it into the waistband of his jeans, his eye never leaving the assailant.

He needed to secure all of them quickly before anything else. He remembered the cable ties in the kitchen store, they’d needed them while doing a job for a client sometime back and Dare had kept the rest of it in the storeroom.

“Deifa.” He called still not taking the eyes off the intruder.

She cautiously opened the door and stepped out, taking in the scene. The third guy was still groaning and holding his middle.

“Check the store for some cable ties, white in colour, beside some cables and trunking materials, quick!”
“I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

“Oh for goodness sake, just check where the cables and wires in the storeroom are, you’ll see some strips of white cable ties, bring them for me.” He said taking his eyes off the guy for a second to look at her.

He didn’t know if she now understood him or if it was the look on his face but she dashed back into the room. He turned back to the guy to see he was on his feet again. Didn’t the idi’ot have some sense?

The guy charged at him but Tekena was ready for him. When he got close enough, his right hand reached between the assailant’s legs and his left hand across his back, he lifted him high up and slammed him hard into the ground. There, he dared him to move now. His back would be in so much pain he wouldn’t try standing up again.

Deifa ran out immediately “What was that?” She had some ties in her hand.

He took them from her thinking of the next thing. Were they just three guys? They had to be, if there were any other ones lurking around they should have shown their faces already.

Noticing the red bruise on the side of her face he asked “What in the world happened to your face?”

Deifa pointed at the assailant rolling on the floor “He slapped me.”

“Son of a- “ He was going at him again when Deifa held him back.

“TK, It’s okay, just tie them up please.” She pleaded, he eyed her for a moment. He seriously wanted to beat the guy purple, the side of her face was all red and looked like it would swell soon.

“Get some ice on that now.” He commanded before turning on the bastard “What are you doing here?” he asked him but he didn’t answer, he didn’t expect him to anyway.

Tekena wouldn’t waste any more time in questioning him, he knew who to call that would effectively get information out of him, Larry!

Osas was getting a sinking feeling his plan hadn’t worked out the way he’d wanted it to. The three guys he’d sent in were taking too long now. He’d been waiting out there in his car for an hour now for an operation that was meant to last not more than fifteen minutes.

He’d sent in three guys, how could three guys fail against just one guy and a girl? He knew Tekena was a big guy, probably about six feet four and that was why he’d sent in three guys with two guns to handle him.

The mission was simple. Shoot the guy and take the girl. How could they fail at such an easy task?

He was still contemplating what to do when an SUV sped up to the gate. He watched as four guys whom he recognised from school jumped down. Of them were Segun and Michael, both were his ‘seniors on board’ and high ranking officers of his frat group. He crouched low in his seat, he had to get out of there fast.

"shi't" He exclaimed, the plan had obviously failed, he needed to re-group and re-plan.

1 Like

Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ope o, finally, I fit rest till wednesday grin

1 Like

Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2013
frank3.16:
I usually don't like romance stories but u really gat me here. I loooove ur story and u make ur flow so easy and natural that I wish I can write like u. I am proud of u especially considering d fact u are abuja based. If u was a romance story writer I would have asked for a collabo, since we both stay in abj. Pls think of me wenever u decide to write something on ruthless killing and romance.

Hi Frank3.16, I didnt see this earlier. Thanks a lot, this means so much coming from you, I've seen your work here on NL and its really impressive.LOL @ Ruthless killing and romance, that sounds exciting, might take you up on that offer. Thanks a lot again, I'm feeling like a superstar now.
Re: The One Who Awaits by oyestephen(m): 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
FINALLY!!! Osas' plans fail...super man tk...loving this...eeyah...till wednesday cry
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 2:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
oyestephen: FINALLY!!! Osas gets punished...super man tk...loving this...eeyah...till wednesday cry

Hehehe, correct superman moves o. u wan try?

As for all of una reading, abeg comment na. After all this action, una suppose get comment na. Which levels?
Re: The One Who Awaits by Hadesparks(f): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
Repogirl why wednesday nah? *sad face*
Re: The One Who Awaits by haysal(m): 3:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
LOVELY AS ALWAYS!!!!!!...........didn't know TK was a SUPERHERO........see how he dealt with those thugs lyk Batman!!!!!!grin grin grin (I must say you are among the best writers on NAIRALAND) BRAVO
Re: The One Who Awaits by nacksonjoe: 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
@Repogirl u should post one update as easter gift who in the house is in support of this say yeah.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 3:52pm On Mar 29, 2013
hay sal: LOVELY AS ALWAYS!!!!!!...........didn't know TK was a SUPERHERO........see how he dealt with those thugs lyk Batman!!!!!!grin grin grin (I must say you are among the best writers on NAIRALAND) BRAVO

Thanks, superhero with a plankgrin
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:02pm On Mar 29, 2013
Hadesparks: Repogirl why wednesday nah? *sad face*

Awww, its d hols na, make man rest small besides am gathering momentum for the final chapter.
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
nacksonjoe: @Repogirl u should post one update as easter gift who in the house is in support of this say yeah.

Dat one no fit work o, not possible at all but if I get some free time to write, mite post something on monday, but no guarantees smiley.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ice4jez(m): 5:36pm On Mar 29, 2013
repogirl oya take five.
U re now officially the seventh wonder of nairaland.u re really doing a nice job.
Wishing u the best this easter .remain blessed
Re: The One Who Awaits by repogirl(f): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Ice4jez: repogirl oya take five.
U re now officially the seventh wonder of nairaland.u re really doing a nice job.

smiley, thanks much Ice, I wish you same.
Re: The One Who Awaits by kenny1795(m): 7:37pm On Mar 29, 2013
Tekena dn turn jamez bond o. Deifa go fal madly 4 am nw. Galz and heroz*chucklez* repogal keep my easter chicken warm til wednesday
Re: The One Who Awaits by johnwizey: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dats y it is advisable to watch Americans film
Re: The One Who Awaits by IZUKWU(m): 4:04am On Mar 30, 2013
Ice4jez: repogirl oya take five.
abeg , who be the other wonders.
Re: The One Who Awaits by Ice4jez(m): 7:30am On Mar 30, 2013
stick around.as a learner its not a secret we can tell u for now.but no worry make i ask the oga for up cos i no won give u names now n my oga go come give u anoder one izekwe

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Maria: The Sequel / African Literature - PDF Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.