Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? (799 Views)

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? / Is Barcelona The Greatest Football Team Of This Generation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? by Eziachi: 1:53pm On Feb 25, 2013
Last week, I looked forward to watch the Champions league game between the Spanish giants and their counterpart from the city of Milan Italy but before the A.C Milan got their goal, I had to switch over to watch the rather not so high profile game on the same night involving Galatasaray of Istanbul and Schalke O4.
I had to admit that I was influence to switch over by a friend that call to ask me which game I was watching and I said Barca/Milan and his response was that, he is bored of watching Barcelona or Spain this days, that I should watch the other game and that is real end to end game and that both sides are going for it and I must say that he wasn't wrong as I watched Galatasaray/Schalke 04 till the end.

For those that find matches involving Barca or Spain borring, I will say that you are not alone as I do too now. But when you look carefully as a football person, you can't see that it neither Spain nor Barca's fault, but the catalyst to boringness lies squarely on the door steps of opponents.

Its like a mindset in subconscious this days that teams playing against Spain or Barca instinctively pack 11 men behind the ball, with ten of the players waiting just outside their 18 yard box and then doing a 100 metre race anytime they get to ball and its now called counter attacking football. I hate to hear people call this counter attacking football, because if you really want to see a real counter attacking football, it best to watch Arsenal team of the mid 90s-early 2000s, and this is coming from a Spurs season ticket holder of over 30 years.

In that regards both Barca and Spain, in most matches has nowhere to go than to keep passing the ball in front of 10 men for most of the game and its even worse if the other team scores first. That is why I pray this days for Barca or Spain to race into two goals advantage and its then you will see other team come out to play and in effect also free Spain or Barcelona to entertain you,if you are a neutral like me.
This just my personal opinion, you have every right to disagree.
Re: Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? by yoji: 2:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Spot on. The inferiority complex that permeates teams playin barca is plain embarassing.
Re: Is Barcelona And Spain Really Now A Bore Of A Team To Watch? by patwilly(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2014
Eziachi:
Last week, I looked forward to watch the Champions league game between the Spanish giants and their counterpart from the city of Milan Italy but before the A.C Milan got their goal, I had to switch over to watch the rather not so high profile game on the same night involving Galatasaray of Istanbul and Schalke O4.
I had to admit that I was influence to switch over by a friend that call to ask me which game I was watching and I said Barca/Milan and his response was that, he is bored of watching Barcelona or Spain this days, that I should watch the other game and that is real end to end game and that both sides are going for it and I must say that he wasn't wrong as I watched Galatasaray/Schalke 04 till the end.

For those that find matches involving Barca or Spain borring, I will say that you are not alone as I do too now. But when you look carefully as a football person, you can't see that it neither Spain nor Barca's fault, but the catalyst to boringness lies squarely on the door steps of opponents.

Its like a mindset in subconscious this days that teams playing against Spain or Barca instinctively pack 11 men behind the ball, with ten of the players waiting just outside their 18 yard box and then doing a 100 metre race anytime they get to ball and its now called counter attacking football. I hate to hear people call this counter attacking football, because if you really want to see a real counter attacking football, it best to watch Arsenal team of the mid 90s-early 2000s, and this is coming from a Spurs season ticket holder of over 30 years.

In that regards both Barca and Spain, in most matches has nowhere to go than to keep passing the ball in front of 10 men for most of the game and its even worse if the other team scores first. That is why I pray this days for Barca or Spain to race into two goals advantage and its then you will see other team come out to play and in effect also free Spain or Barcelona to entertain you,if you are a neutral like me.
This just my personal opinion, you have every right to disagree.
hmm. Oga Eziachi. how old can you be really? just curious.

(1) (Reply)

Aguero Is Offically The Most Selfish Player In Epl. / Re: Arsenal Vs Villarreal / Which Generates More Revenue: The World Cup Or The Uefa Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.