Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Benefits Of African Black Soap - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Benefits Of African Black Soap (109053 Views)

Benefits Of African Black Soap / African Black Soap Benefits / African Black Soap Benefits You Never Knew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Chicolee(f): 6:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
Dudu Osun + Palmers Cocoa Butter Cream = Flawless Skin

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Natural black soap works for all skin types, from rough to sensitive, and is said to keep skin smooth and hydrated–but without increasing oily skin for those prone to it. It helps work against premature signs of aging and wrinkles, alleviates bumps and spots, is great for removing makeup, and is good for deep cleaning without drying out or irritating skin. smiley TRY DUDU OSUN! grin

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Itoroetti(m): 6:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
I've never use it b4,but I pray and hope it is as good as its been talked about.
We can still produce more great things.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On Feb 27, 2013
There are different kinds of Ose Dudu in the market.
So, beware of the one you are buying or using.

Ose Dudu Juju mbe lorisirisi lo ja. grin

3 Likes

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by NessaFresh(f): 6:42pm On Feb 27, 2013
Used to use it when I was in second school...awesome soap
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by YorubaOmoge: 6:43pm On Feb 27, 2013
ItsModella:
Same here. It made my skin insanely dry so I switched back to dove but still used the black soap on my face, till all my pimples cleared.

Now, I only use it for my hair and it works well.

Black soap for face? Doesn't that make your face oily?

Black soap strips your face of its natural oil, which causes the face to go into overdrive of oil production.

I guess it works for people in different ways.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 6:49pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Black soap for face? Doesn't that make your face oily?

Black soap strips your face of its natural oil, which causes the face to go into overdrive of oil production.

I guess it works for people in different ways.
No, it didn't. It actually dried my face out a little bit but I was able to combat the dryness with my facial cream.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by YorubaOmoge: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2013
ItsModella:
No, it didn't. It actually dried my face out a little bit but I was able to combat the dryness with my facial cream.

Curious. Which facial creme. I havent found a great one yet.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by luckgood(m): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
THIS IS SERIOUS BIZ shocked...I'M PLACING AN ORDER FOR SUPPLY FROM MY VILLA!
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by valena23(f): 6:52pm On Feb 27, 2013
Black soap is amazing! I've been using it on my skin now for a couple years and the results are amazing...ose dudu followed by ori (shea butter)results in beautiful and healthy skin! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

Curious. Which facial creme. I havent found a great one yet.
I use either Olay white radiance or Olay active hydrating cream.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by scampy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 27, 2013
It is nt Dudu Osun dat is an ABS buh it's dat it is d most popular. Deir is another popular Black Soap called Phermaderm and it is manufactured frm Ivory Coast.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by pastie(m): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
kamdyjenny: Black wetin?? I take God beg u I fit nt try dat...d smell alone chases me away
cheww,
na who u de form for
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by pat077: 7:31pm On Feb 27, 2013
and whats d effect of black soap on a light skin?
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 27, 2013
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by jayslickyslicky(f): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Please can black soap(dudu osun) and shea butter (ori) be mixed together? Are there other types of black saop apart from Dudu osun...where can i get black soap in lagos?
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by poshpimkiey(f): 7:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
Been luk'n for somethin for dis scraggy face of mine.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Winneygirl(f): 7:39pm On Feb 27, 2013
feminine A: Have been using black soap like forever. Love it so much. I use dudu osun too but I love the natural one yet to be mixed. Then I mix it with coconut oil and shea butter.

Right on point!
I buy d natural one, then mix it with lime juice, aloe vera, shea butter, honey and juice extracted from pawpaw leaves. I consider my mixture a very potent antimicrobial soap.

4 those complaining of dryness, shea butter acts as a moisturiser, too little or non-addition may result in dryness.

I also prefer it in liquid form so I can squeeze it out of a tube.

4 skin troubles, mix it Urself.
Aloe vera, Lime, and honey are very skin-friendly and quite 'unfriendly' 2 germs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by princeonx: 8:00pm On Feb 27, 2013
50calibre:

You can't eat your cake and have it, stop being too stingy it's going to mess up your mind and the ability to live a good life. I'm sure you will like to find a way to recycle your used tampons
Aaaaauchhhhhh! Bros you dey vex oh! abeg take am easy!
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by ifyonline(f): 8:10pm On Feb 27, 2013
kamdyjenny: Black wetin?? I take God beg u I fit nt try dat...d smell alone chases me away
lolllllsssss
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by firestar(f): 8:33pm On Feb 27, 2013
Works fer me...
Cocoa or shea butter equals
-Mwah!- skin. grin
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by firestar(f): 8:34pm On Feb 27, 2013
Works fer me...
Plus Cocoa or shea butter equals -Mwah!- skin. grin
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 27, 2013
austushi1: Yeah, I use dudu osun and I must say, its really a good soap. Tho, the only prob is dat it darkens my complexion. I dey find d 1 wey go make me fair
Then ask Omotola's husband or Akala.They know better cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Winneygirl:
Right on point!
I buy d natural one, then mix it with lime juice, aloe vera, shea butter, honey and juice extracted from pawpaw leaves. I consider my mixture a very potent antimicrobial soap.

Winneygirl, where can one get the natural one? Thanks!
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by dominique(f): 9:28pm On Feb 27, 2013
Brand_new: Has anyone ever tried Oyinlewa black soap? I hear the effect on one's skin is amazing.

yeah man, that soap is too three much, i was given a free sample @ a wedding and i kept it aside while using my usual tetmosol. I wouldn't even have used it if hubby hadn't opened it. The soap really is amazing, i had to order for a packet. I suppose its a new product, i hope they keep up with the quality.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Backneva01: 9:30pm On Feb 27, 2013
Don't tell me to ask google or whatever, who can tell me the functions of premier cool soap, please...
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Wendy80(f): 9:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
ovalrose: @ Poster,i can confirm these things you said. I use Dudu Osun,and i cherish the effect on my skin. But the problem is that it does not last. It melts easily. Do you hav any tips for making my soap last longer?
What I do 2 prevent the soap from is melting is......I remove the waterproof covering, dn I tear off the 4ears at the top of the pack.....that way I just drop the soap back I̶̲̥̅̊n pack and air penetrates thru †ЂΞ opening to keep the soap dry after use

Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by EiE1(f): 10:01pm On Feb 27, 2013
Eewwwwoo! The tin tire me, so so quoting and writin rubbish @ the end! Irritants.

mysticgal: the black soap works like magic,buuh all this people quoting the op's piece is making reading stressfull.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Ampeaceful(f): 10:09pm On Feb 27, 2013
Magic ABS undecided pls does it clear stretch mark cuz i gat alittle of dis miserabl mark on my bu.tt.ocks?
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 27, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge: That soap dried out my skin. Like literally.

I had to switch to dove.

No thanks. Unless the manufacturers can add a moisturising agent (aloe) to it's ingredients, I no do.

I like my soft, supple skin.

Same here oo..it made my skin so dry..I would rather go for normal toilet soaps abeg.I can't afford to strip my skin of the natural oils in the name of cleansing. If it works well for you then fine.
Re: Benefits Of African Black Soap by tashanja(m): 10:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Winneygirl:
Right on point!

4 those complaining of dryness, shea butter acts as a moisturiser, too little or non-addition may result in dryness.

I also prefer it in liquid form so I can squeeze it out of a tube.

4 skin troubles, mix it Urself.
Aloe vera, Lime, and honey are very skin-friendly and quite 'unfriendly' 2 germs.

My ex (now of blessed memory) introduced me to something closest to your formula, though yours is way much more sophiscated.
Her formula was simple: mix the natural locally made black soap with (powdered ground) Potash(i.e Kaun), add fresh lime juice, mix thoroughly to smooth thick consistency (she also prefered it in liquid form)until it stops foaming.
You can adjust the proportion of lime/potash used to determine the acidity or alkalinity of the final product.
She always made mine slightly acid with more lime; which served as excellent antiseptic soap for my then pimply face as well as shaving cream and protection from shaving bumps/rashes - until after many years of skin stabilisation and conditioning that I no longer need it for this purpose. Today, I can wet shave as I often do using any kind of cream or soap, no wahala, thanks to this pre-conditioning. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix) / 9 Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf - No 1 Will Suprise You! / #NoBraDay 2021: Nigerian Women, Others Mark 'No Bra Day' (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.