Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,813 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Tips On Saving For Investment - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Tips On Saving For Investment (11507 Views)

Saving For The Rainy Day / N180 Million Available For Investment In Legal And Profitable Business / I Have Like 10million I Set Aside For Investment/business, Please Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Saving For Investment by gbengalite(m): 8:26am On Feb 26, 2013
Saving in a time like this is pretty difficult, that is a fact. But it gets frustrating if you are laid off from work and you have little or nothing to fall back on.

That is why I have put up some secret that have proven successful over the years, to help you increase your personalsavings in a time like this

At one point or the other we all agree that we do need funds to do whatever we want to, be it Investment, for Retirement, college, Child's education or a year cruise.

-You cannot save if you have not yet pictured what you want

-The best way to achieving anything in life is to know what you want

-What you want would lead to how much you need to get what you want

-what you want could be anything, it varies with different individuals it could be physical things, your child's education, business, investment etc

-Having known what you want, the problem becomes funds or capital to get started with; of course this is often a general problem.

-Some persons have genuine and feasible business idea but are without funds.

-Your idea is simply no idea if you are without funds especially if you have not started something at all (no business success antecedent).

-i have come to understand this quote while i was a teenager "Life is not fair" and also this Nigerian adage "Those that have caps don't have head while those with head are without caps".

People with funds no matter the amount don't usually know how to invest it they end up paying bills with it or even lavishing it while person with viable, workable and profitable investment ideas don't have funds.

-Each time we give excuses that our income is little, we can't save for what we want.

-The problem is not your income. I can tell you emphatically that even if your income is raised by 400% you would still make the same complain once you are used to the new income.

FEASIBLE TIPS FOR SAVING
Another secret I would like to reveal here are the tips you really need to sky-rocket your savings, even if you have zero-balance savings.
• Remove your savings before anything
• Reduce your bill
• Sleep over before you buy anything
• Find money to save
• Avoid buying the latest phone
• Take just enough cash with you
• Stop taking your ATM card everywhere
• Make more than you spend
• Choose a frugal spouse
• Cook at home
• Learn to fix things yourself
• Do not buy brand new car
• Go to market not super-market
• Do a price check before you buy things
• Do not buy brands or labels buy more of generic product
• Always occupy yourself with activities thereby preventing spending
• If you must use paid TV go for the lower rate
• Be optimal during Christmas

Gbenga Ogunbiyi
Author Download free '33Ways To Save Money£'FRI 28th June www.amazon.com/dp/B00CLU8OO6/
https://www.facebook.com/StreetPubLtd
twitter: @gbengalite
dp/B00CLU8OO6/

38 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Jerrygotswagg(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26, 2013
Finally first to comment........wat have been waiting for.......God is great
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by adekay09(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
Second to comment.

Great tips..thanks
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by yuzedo: 3:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
This thread is for poor people.

In Banana Island, our major problem is how to spend our money. undecided It is very very hard to spend N1m in a day. It gives me sleepless nights. cry

8 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by delkuf(m): 3:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
Another tip i wuld like to include is, drink lot of water

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by BedLam: 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
Too many tips this year! but those wey get ear make dem hear.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by momodub: 3:21pm On Feb 26, 2013
• Choose a frugal spouse grin nice one

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by tony1980: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
The one and only proven way to save your hard earned money is to close your mouth and open your eyes.By closing your mouth,i mean,eating less while opening your eyes means,seeing investment opportunities to invest in your money.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by dammytex: 3:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
Your tips are kinda okay...

but then, they look a little hmmmmmmm----(I don't know the word to use)

eg new cars, super markets and my DSTV package.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Rooneyboy(m): 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
delkuf: Another tip i wuld like to include is, drink lot of water

U are very correct bro, more like health is wealth.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by ebamma(m): 3:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
eating more of garri and less of indomie noodles
use molue instead of taxi for transport.
Use a nokia torchlight phone, instead of bb and androids afterall na calling and receiving calls were all of them dey do
Forget girlfriends ashawo charge less for sex with no strings attached

3 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Rooneyboy(m): 3:35pm On Feb 26, 2013
tony1980: The one and only proven way to save your hard earned money is to close your mouth and open your eyes.By closing your mouth,i mean, eating less while opening your eyes means,seeing investment opportunities to invest in your money.

I disagree with u on the bolded, if u starve urself daily u'll find urself frequenting the hospital .
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 26, 2013
HAVE ONE GIRLFIERND.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Nosyke(m): 3:37pm On Feb 26, 2013
dammytex: Your tips are kinda okay...

but then, they look a little hmmmmmmm----(I don't know the word to use)

eg new cars, super markets and my DSTV package.

Instead of using DSTV, use Startimes, if you must watch epl etc go to a viewing center, instead of designer clothes, buy, bend down select, instead of designer perfume, buy those mixtures that those abokis hawk on the streets of wuse. Dont ever go to Drumstix, visit iya abasira if you are hungry. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Tee13(f): 3:39pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ok, I'll try them out.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by abbeylanre007: 3:48pm On Feb 26, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Finally first to comment........wat have been waiting for.......God is great
Ehehen....so wat?? undecided
Jerrygotswagg: Finally first to comment........wat have been waiting for.......God is great
Ehehen....so wat??
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by moshoodn(m): 3:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
What is the craze about "first to comment, second to comment bla bla bla"

Na wa o.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by farem: 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
yuzedo: This thread is for poor people.

In Banana Island, our major problem is how to spend our money. undecided It is very very hard to spend N1m in a day. It gives me sleepless nights. cry
[color=#990000]
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. BUT TO THE FOOLS... Learn from a German billionaire who am6o committed suicide.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by dammytex: 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
Nosyke:

Instead of using DSTV, use Startimes, if you must watch epl etc go to a viewing center, instead of designer clothes, buy, bend down select, instead of designer perfume, buy those mixtures that those abokis hawk on the streets of wuse. Dont ever go to Drumstix, visit iya abasira if you are hungry. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

So, why did I struggle to make 2:1 in school and still fight my way into multinationals.
No be make my life for better?
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by azpekuliar: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2013
About the ATM tip, I struggle a lot with that. It's time to curb my impulsive spending.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by trix1: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2013
gbengalite:

FEASIBLE TIPS FOR SAVING
Another secret I would like to reveal here are the tips you really need to sky-rocket your savings, even if you have zero-balance savings.
• Reduce your bill
• Find money to save
Avoid buying the latest phone. Why? dont buy the latest phone only if your current phone has all the features that you want!
Stop taking your ATM card everywhere. what do you do when there is an emergency?
Choose a frugal spouse. there's a thin line between being frugal and being a miser!
Cook at home. Many times, It is cheaper to eat out! besides eating out is necessary in relationship building
Do not buy brand new car and buy a brand new car when? after retirement? when you are old? A good new car would save you all the hassles of Nigerian mechanics and is cheaper in the long run
Go to market not super-market If you do not know how to bargain, A supermarket would be cheaper than a market
Do not buy brands or labels buy more of generic product. Only if the generic is the same quality as the branded one
If you must use paid TV go for the lower rate. Good quality doesn't ever come cheap!

Gbenga Ogunbiyi

I always laugh when I see all these tips. what exactly are you saving all the money for? for your burial?

I live by one motto,
In your preparation for the raining day, do not forget to Enjoy today's sunshine!

13 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by 76Naira(m): 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2013
Thanks a lot OP.

Just to add a few points.

1 It is crucial to differentiate between Needs and Wants; failure in this would usually, inevitably lead to financial failures.
2 Keep some gap between you, your wants and family from money you save for Needs. Open an investment-saving account.
3 After you chose a prudent spouse, run the home with some basic finance platform; work with budgets. If you fail, you would at least know how & when.
4 See relatives and friends as people who compliment life; do not compete for trendiness or fame. Every finger with its relative length.
5 Have a viable project and allocate cash before you have it.

Above all, remember you and your immediate family is a major responsibility for you. It's up to you to guaranty their financial security with part of the gifts from God.

5 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by AroOkigbo(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
moshoodn: What is the craze about "first to comment, second to comment bla bla bla"

Na wa o.

Do you think that everyone on nairaland is an adult?

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
trix!:

I always laugh when I see all these tips. what exactly are you saving all the money for? for your burial?

I live by one motto,
In your preparation for the raining day, do not forget to Enjoy today's sunshine!
this guy na confirm lawyer.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Akpan107(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
I also realised that, when one is a born again, it help one to save more money. Women things makes one to spend more... Today: i lost my phone, tomorow: i need N10'000, next tomorrow: our lecturer said we should pay N4,000 to pass his exams or we should him the ''thing'' to him to jazin... Am not even talking of recharge cards. And you will always try to meet her needs so that when you are in need she will also meeet urs, too. But one thing know is, Jesus is coming soon... Give ur life to Jesus and save more monies!

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Akpan107(m): 5:15pm On Feb 26, 2013
gbengalite: Saving in a time like this is pretty difficult, that is a fact. But it gets frustrating if you are laid off from work and you have little or nothing to fall back on.

That is why I have put up some secret that have proven successful over the years, to help you increase your personalsavings in a time like this

At one point or the other we all agree that we do need funds to do whatever we want to, be it Investment, for Retirement, college, Child's education or a year cruise.

-You cannot save if you have not yet pictured what you want

-The best way to achieving anything in life is to know what you want

-What you want would lead to how much you need to get what you want

-what you want could be anything, it varies with different individuals it could be physical things, your child's education, business, investment etc

-Having known what you want, the problem becomes funds or capital to get started with; of course this is often a general problem.

-Some persons have genuine and feasible business idea but are without funds.

-Your idea is simply no idea if you are without funds especially if you have not started something at all (no business success antecedent).

-i have come to understand this quote while i was a teenager "Life is not fair" and also this Nigerian adage "Those that have caps don't have head while those with head are without caps".

People with funds no matter the amount don't usually know how to invest it they end up paying bills with it or even lavishing it while person with viable, workable and profitable investment ideas don't have funds.

-Each time we give excuses that our income is little, we can't save for what we want.

-The problem is not your income. I can tell you emphatically that even if your income is raised by 400% you would still make the same complain once you are used to the new income.

FEASIBLE TIPS FOR SAVING
• Reduce your bill
• Find money to save
• Avoid buying the latest phone
• Stop taking your ATM card everywhere
• Choose a frugal spouse
• Cook at home
• Do not buy brand new car
• Go to market not super-market
• Do not buy brands or labels buy more of generic product
• If you must use paid TV go for the lower rate

Gbenga Ogunbiyi
God bless you...!

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by adefash(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2013
trix!:

I live by one motto,
i wonder ooo.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by carmelion(f): 5:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
Thanks op,nice thread.this would help.I am really fighting mt obsession for clothes(its a ladies thing you know)wink.I have really cut down,except for the one I got on valentines daysmiley.The 2nd& 3rd tip helped.Lol

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by Akpan107(m): 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2013
trix!:

I live by one motto,
Atleast, you should save the money to buy urself a Land, build a good House on it, take very good care of ur family and send ur childred to good schools. Then, you can buy iPhone, the most expensive clothe, Perfumes and visit the best restuarant in town with the remaining change... My dear, we truely need to save money and a big one for that matter!

2 Likes

Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by kkkp: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
Living on per second billinggrin grin grin grin
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by vanstanzy(m): 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
yuzedo: This thread is for poor people.

U must be into ritual money making, yahoo-yahoo or u are poor n just FAKING rich.
Re: Tips On Saving For Investment by yuzedo: 6:00pm On Feb 26, 2013
vanstanzy:

U must be into ritual money making, yahoo-yahoo or u are poor n just FAKING rich.
WHAT?!?!?!?! shocked

You mean you dis poor boy you are insulting me when you have never seen common N1b cash live?!?!

OK! I will deal with you! angry angry Wuz yo sister's numba? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks Lose 24.5% Of Market Value / Palmpay Is A Fraud/scam, Nigerians Should Beware !!! / Investing in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.