Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,372 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? (3771 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:
If you've ever read about PH not to talk of being there, you'll know that PH was extended into local governments such as Okirika, Eleme and Obio/Akpor.
The main Port Harcourt City Local Government Area is an all Ikwerreland.
Ikwerreland comprises of four local governments; Ikwerre, Emohua, Obio/Akpor and Port Harcourt Local government areas.

Again grin grin
Demdem:

Even from this analysis of urs which is even debatable, it obvious to all discerning minds that ph isn't igboland like u claimed earlier. grin Don't need to visit, I live there.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 12:52pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

Goon, as if i know u will get offensive soon. its normal for ur kind grin grin
Obigbo isnt inside port harcourt city perse, but its generally acceptable to the people on ground that its inside PortHarcourt itself. Of cos i expect u to have issues with that also grin grin
I think I've said very much. I hate repeating words.
Again, I will say:
you can't know about the whole universe from your bedroom.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:
I think I've said very much. I hate repeating words.
Again, I will say:

O yes u have corrected ur fallacy by ur own analysis no doubt that ph is surely and solely not igboland. Am ok with that. grin
That in itself is the genesis of our arguments not local govts.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 12:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem: PH is not Igboland just as Lagos is not Yorubaland.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
grin grin grin

I won't join u inside ur tribal playground no doubt. Surely, that wasn't my qoute. This shows desperation on ur part. That of ph I know very well and will allow those that knows about lagos discuss that with u.
At least we have been able to agree that though many igbos are in PH, it doesn't mean that ph is igboland. grin
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by T9ksy(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:

I'm too busy now to start educating junkerheads, so I would rather advice you to leave your house dustbin in Lagos/Ibadan and travel out.
You can't continue with NL all the days of your life.

Junkerhead No.1, am sorry to inform you that i have no wish or desire to visit anywhere in the country

where you guys congregate. I fear for my life plus am perfectly content with my lot in my papa's land.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by OneNaira6: 7:58am On Mar 09, 2013
o'boy:
na,they are yoruba land

You dey mind am. I don't get why some specific region like coming on the Internet to tell people who the f2k they are and trying to speak for all just to bring division. Ewu Gambia. Abeg Ezepromoe, highlight, bold and capitalize Asaba. If they got a problem with Asaba being Igbo, then they can come to the city and snatch our ancestry from us. We don dey wait. Don't stay on foreign website trying to cause wahalla for us. I cant speak for river igbo, policewoman can do that for own people but for asaba, Bold am well well for me. Dalu.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by fero007: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2017
I live in Ph, I will tell you that the main Ph is 50% ikwerre, 45% ijaw, 5% ogoni, the expansion of Ph is even into more ikwerre lands, so main Ph is not purely ikwerre land as you claim. Again it is Igbos outside rivers state(owerri, aba) that call ikwerre people Igbos, an ikwerre man himself will tell you he is not igbo, just as an asaba man wil tell you he is aniocha not Igbo, I don't know why Igbo want to force their tribe on other people. If you doubt I can tell you the history of ikwerre and delta people

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by fero007: 9:24am On Dec 15, 2017
asaba is actually Igbo(in a way) as for ph, ikwerre resembles Igbo but they are a tribe of their own not a dialect of Igbo. I'm nt trying to bring division, I'm from Niger delta and I can say we are far closer to Igbos than Yorubas and hausas, however telling some minor tribes they are Igbo may insinuate that their tribe is inferior

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by ipodstinks: 9:26am On Dec 15, 2017
Antivirus92:
Unlike other regions in the country that have atleast 3 to 4 states developed. Even the poor north is more developed than the south-west. South-west only has LAGOS as the only developed state. Why is it like that? I need answers and not insults!
Did you say developed. Is there dictionary in aba with definition for developed

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by ipodstinks: 9:35am On Dec 15, 2017
Demdem:

My friend keep shut if u have nothing to say. Am here in ph and for over a decade now. Ph is not igbo/biafra land. Get that to ur skull.

https://www.nairaland.com/1113144/where-biafra-delcared
Is he claiming rivers as igbo land?
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by mercyville: 10:07am On Dec 15, 2017
ipodstinks:
Did you say developed. Is there dictionary in aba with definition for developed
You know he has a flat head.His brain is also totally flat.All eastern states joined together are not as developed as Ibadan. ..

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 15, 2017
South east come put south west matter for head....dis 1 weak me....leave us alone pls....we are happy the way we are,we living happily and developing gradually....at least we are not iPod,militant kidnapping,thief and other devilish act dat is rampant in south east we thank God for the way we are...we are educated,social and intelligent
PROUDLY YORUBA
GOD bless LAGOS
GOD bless OSUN
GOD bless EKITI
GOD bless OYO
GOD bless ONDO
GOD bless OGUN
YORUBA KEEP WINNING
PROUDLY AWOLOWO ✌✌✌

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by coputa(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2017
EzePromoe:

If you're talking about development, we have;
Enugu
Onitsha
Owerri
Aba
Asaba
Port Harcourt

if you're talking of infrastructures then look at the bolded. Virtually every state in Igboland is special for something. It's only in Igboland that you find many other important city outside the capital city;
Warri is an important city outside the capital (Asaba) in Delta state.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2017
Lol, which SE city is better than IB? Or better than akure sef. Leave SW alone and worry abt ur SE.
but why are you pple trooping to SW
go back to village na
atleast kaikai dey your village
drink to stupor
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 15, 2017
EzePromoe:

If you're talking about development, we have;
Enugu
Onitsha
Owerri
Aba
Asaba
Port Harcourt

if you're talking of infrastructures then look at the bolded. Virtually every state in Igboland is special for something. It's only in Igboland that you find many other important city outside the capital city;
why are you now developing Lagos when ur village is well developed
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Rotimik: 11:34am On Dec 15, 2017
Antivirus92:
Unlike other regions in the country that have atleast 3 to 4 states developed. Even the poor north is more developed than the south-west. South-west only has LAGOS as the only developed state. Why is it like that? I need answers and not insults!

It is evident you have never visited other Southwest states, otherwise you would not have posted this thread.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Rotimik: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2017
Ybutterfly:
[size=20pt]There is no doubt that the South-East is among the least developed areas of the country – if not the very least – in terms of infrastructure, which is worsened by the virtual absence of federal projects in the region. This is one reason the Igbos of the South-East are scattered in all parts of Nigeria and the world where they contribute immeasurably to development, while their home region remains a backwater[/size]
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/38496-the-south-east-and-need-for-regional-integration

grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

There are very few federal roads/ project in the SW. They are barely visible.

Southwesterners takes responsibility for their own infrastructural development. We don't wait for FG to do anything for us.

We had always wanted to build Lagos/Ibadan metroline and expressway by ourselves, but denied by the anti-Yoruba Obasanjo administration.

This explains why we don't cry marginalisation. We love to take our own destiny in our own hands, not leave it for others.

You also now know why we didn't vote PDP. They were always standing in the way of our progress. Always denying us the permission to use federal right of ways to get things done, even when they had no plan to do them for us.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Naijiant: 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2017
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Rotimik: 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2017
Naijiant:
Lagos is not developed. https://www.naijiant.com/articles/lagos-case-study-growth-without-development/

We are a developing country, with some developed and underdeveloped areas scattered all over the country.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by ChimaAgbalajob: 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2017
@op.
This question is what oyinbo calls...a question begging for answers grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by lukaf17(m): 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2017
Thanks to new era where fact and figures are at our fingers tips not like in the dark ages of papa deceive pekin when there professors in economic will give us figure from sky,at least we no where we are every month even when the Sta is not favorable to the government they still publish it,finally for the record present Sta show that the IGR of Ogun state is more than the 3 states added together in develop SE,hope when you travel for Christmas you will not return until the SW come to your SE to beg you,then l will believe that truly you guys are valueless.please let see your value stay back after Christmas � we are begging you

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by UfuomaUN(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2017
Mynd44 should close this thread already! All the incessant, almost hourly tribal fights on nairaland should be nipped in the bud!
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by mchenryking0(m): 4:07pm On Dec 15, 2017
mr OP and his like. can't you say something without mentioning the Yoruba's. I beginning to suspecte unnecessary jealously from Igbo brethren

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Files Charges Against Leadership Journalists / What Happens Between February 14 And May 29 When Buhari Wins? - Bakare. / Rivers Governor-elect, Nyeson Wike, A Goner; INEC Document Exposes Massive Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.