Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? (3759 Views)

10 Most Developed State Capitals In Nigeria. / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / What's The Most Developed State In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Antivirus92(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26, 2013
Unlike other regions in the country that have atleast 3 to 4 states developed. Even the poor north is more developed than the south-west. South-west only has LAGOS as the only developed state. Why is it like that? I need answers and not insults!
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Ybutterfly: 12:08am On Feb 27, 2013
[size=20pt]There is no doubt that the South-East is among the least developed areas of the country – if not the very least – in terms of infrastructure, which is worsened by the virtual absence of federal projects in the region. This is one reason the Igbos of the South-East are scattered in all parts of Nigeria and the world where they contribute immeasurably to development, while their home region remains a backwater[/size]
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/38496-the-south-east-and-need-for-regional-integration

grin grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Antivirus92(m): 7:24pm On Feb 27, 2013
Ybutterfly: [size=20pt]There is no doubt that the South-East is among the least developed areas of the country – if not the very least – in terms of infrastructure, which is worsened by the virtual absence of federal projects in the region. This is one reason the Igbos of the South-East are scattered in all parts of Nigeria and the world where they contribute immeasurably to development, while their home region remains a backwater[/size]
http://businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/analysis/commentary/38496-the-south-east-and-need-for-regional-integration

fyi,south-east only lacks in federal projects because of descrimination. South east in general is more developed than south west in everything,human and natural. Again,even if south-east is heaven,igbos must surely travel out,it runs in their vein.

11 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by tpia5: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by tpia5: 4:53pm On Feb 28, 2013
Lagos isnt the only developed state per se, but the fact is a huge number of swners are more used to the quietness and slower pace outside lagos.

Not everybody is comfortable with city life.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Antivirus92(m): 7:48pm On Feb 28, 2013
tpia@:
Lagos isnt the only developed state per se, but the fact is a huge number of swners are more used to the quietness and slower pace outside lagos.

Not everybody is comfortable with city life.
simply put it that lagos apart,all other sw states are slow in development due to many internal and external factors, not that the people like it that way.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2013
Lol, which SE city is better than IB? Or better than akure sef. Leave SW alone and worry abt ur SE.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by tpia5: 4:29am On Mar 01, 2013
Antivirus92: simply put it that lagos apart,all other sw states are slow in development due to many internal and external factors, not that the people like it that way.

actually most of them do.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Antivirus92(m): 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
tpia@:

actually most of them do.
why?
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Antivirus92(m): 6:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
django1: Lol, which SE city is better than IB? Or better than akure sef. Leave SW alone and worry abt ur SE.
yes sir,
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by tpia5: 1:02am On Mar 03, 2013
Antivirus92: why?

the pace is slower.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2013
Ybutterfly: [size=20pt]There is no doubt that the South-East is among the least developed areas of the country – if not the very least – in terms of infrastructure, which is worsened by the virtual absence of federal projects in the region. This is one reason the Igbos of the South-East are scattered in all parts of Nigeria and the world where they contribute immeasurably to development, while their home region remains a backwater[/size]

If you're talking about development, we have;
Enugu
Onitsha
Owerri
Aba
Asaba
Port Harcourt

if you're talking of infrastructures then look at the bolded. Virtually every state in Igboland is special for something. It's only in Igboland that you find many other important city outside the capital city;

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2013

If you're talking about development, we have;
Enugu
Onitsha
Owerri
Aba
Asaba
Port Harcourt

if you're talking of infrastructures then look at the bolded. Virtually every state in Igboland is special for something. It's only in Igboland that you find many other important city outside the capital city;
Abia - Aba
Anambra - Onitsha and Nnewi
Ebonyi - Afikpo
Enugu - Nsukka

And most interesting thing is that none of this cities was built with oil money except P.H which was built by its own resources. It's the hardwork of the Igbos that you can see here.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 7:04am On Mar 03, 2013
So Asaba and Ph are now igbo land eh? Na wa ooo

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by oboy3(m): 9:37am On Mar 03, 2013
Demdem: So Asaba and Ph are now igbo land eh? Na wa ooo
na,they are yoruba land

7 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 2:08pm On Mar 03, 2013
No, na your papa land, you hear tongue

6 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Mar 03, 2013
o'boy:
na,they are yoruba land

They aren't yorubaland, neither are they igboland.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
Eze Promoe:
No, na your papa land, you hear tongue

Bringing up ur papa into the discussion is absolutely not neccessary. Am not interested in that.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by T9ksy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2013

Abi ojare! That's the same plan they have for Lagos as far back as the 1940's but unfortunately (for them)

The yorubas ain't bulging from their vintage position. That also exonerates the sardunna of blessed memory who assert then

that wherever the ibos go, they would want to take over the place due to their greedy and ingratitude disposition.

This must explain why the northerners once in a while relieves their bodies of his/her obdurate heads just so they know who the

indigenes are and who the settlers are.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 6:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
Demdem:

They aren't yorubaland, neither are they igboland.
T9ksy:

Abi ojare! That's the same plan they have for Lagos as far back as the 1940's but unfortunately (for them)

The yorubas ain't bulging from their vintage position. That also exonerates the sardunna of blessed memory who assert then

that wherever the ibos go, they would want to take over the place due to their greedy and ingratitude disposition.

This must explain why the northerners once in a while relieves their bodies of his/her obdurate heads just so they know who the

indigenes are and who the settlers are.

I'm too busy now to start educating junkerheads, so I would rather advice you to leave your house dustbin in Lagos/Ibadan and travel out.
You can't continue with NL all the days of your life.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 6:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Eze Promoe:

I'm too busy now to start educating junkerheads, so I would rather advice you to leave your house dustbin in Lagos/Ibadan and travel out.
You can't continue with NL all the days of your life.

My friend keep shut if u have nothing to say. Am here in ph and for over a decade now. Ph is not igbo/biafra land. Get that to ur skull.

https://www.nairaland.com/1113144/where-biafra-delcared

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 6:39pm On Mar 03, 2013
This issue has been discussed extensively no doubt.

https://www.nairaland.com/500126/true-extent-alaigbo-igboland
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 6:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
Demdem:

My friend keep shut if u have nothing to say. Am here in ph and for over a decade now. Ph is not igbo/biafra land. Get that to ur skull.

https://www.nairaland.com/1113144/where-biafra-delcared
Before I go on to reply you, please tell me the places you know in PH.

Talking of Biafra, you'll be very wrong refering Igbo as Biafra all alone. To tell you the truth, there are millions of Non-Igbos who are so passionate about Biafra and there are still millions of Igbos like myself who don't want Nigeria to divide, else South Africa alone will be the super powers of the continent for years before the most civilised broken part of Nigeria will come back to rival them. Nigeria is good as one.

Remember to answer my question.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Before I go on to reply you, please tell me the places you know in PH.

Talking of Biafra, you'll be very wrong refering Igbo as Biafra all alone. To tell you the truth, there are millions of Non-Igbos who are so passionate about Biafra and there are still millions of Igbos like myself who don't want Nigeria to divide, else South Africa alone will be the super powers of the continent for years before the most civilised broken part of Nigeria will come back to rival them. Nigeria is good as one.

Remember to answer my question.

grin grin

Funny dude. Where exactly do u want to know in ph? Should we start from obigbo that has a huge concentration of igbos or what exactly? Anyway, am not interested in proving anything for u so if u have an opinion, u are free to share it.
Like I said, this issue has been thrashed severally. Say whatever, it doesn't make PH an igbo land. Period.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

grin grin

Funny dude. Where exactly do u want to know in ph? Should we start from obigbo that has a huge concentration of igbos or what exactly? Anyway, am not interested in proving anything for u so if u have an opinion, u are free to share it.
Like I said, this issue has been thrashed severally. Say whatever, it doesn't make PH an igbo land. Period.
Ikpuru Onitsha shocked !
Wait o, you just mentioned Obigbo? in PH?
End of discussion!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 9:44am On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:
Say whatever, it doesn't make PH an igbo land. Period.

Even the Ijawman who hate to hear the word, "PH is Igbo", hundred times more than you Yorubas will tell you that PH is 50% Igbo and 50% Ijaw, but the truth is that 80% of PH land mass is based in Ikwerre land while 15% percent goes to the Okrikas and 5% goes to the Ogonis.
So visit P.H and see for yourself. You can't know everywhere in your bedroom.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:
Ikpuru Onitsha shocked !
Wait o, you just mentioned Obigbo? in PH?
End of discussion!

Then where is obigbo located oga? Aba right?
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 11:07am On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:

Even the Ijawman who hate to hear the word, "PH is Igbo", hundred times more than you Yorubas will tell you that PH is 50% Igbo and 50% Ijaw, but the truth is that 80% of PH land mass is based in Ikwerre land while 15% percent goes to the Okrikas and 5% goes to the Ogonis.
So visit P.H and see for yourself. You can't know everywhere in your bedroom.

Even from this analysis of urs which is even debatable, it obvious to all discerning minds that ph isn't igboland like u claimed earlier. grin Don't need to visit, I live there.
Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 12:41pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

Then where is obigbo located oga? Aba right?
And your low IQ wasn't able to differentiate between "PH" and "Rivers State?"
Then I guess Onitsha is in Awka because Awka is the capital of Anambra state undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by Demdem(m): 12:45pm On Mar 04, 2013
Eze Promoe:
And your low IQ wasn't able to differentiate between "PH" and "Rivers State?"
Then I guess Onitsha is in Awka because Awka is the capital of Anambra state undecided

Goon, as if i know u will get offensive soon. its normal for ur kind grin grin
Obigbo isnt inside port harcourt city perse, but its generally acceptable to the people on ground that its inside PortHarcourt itself. Of cos i expect u to have issues with that also grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 12:46pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

Even from this analysis of urs which is even debatable, it obvious to all discerning minds that ph isn't igboland like u claimed earlier. grin Don't need to visit, I live there.
If you've ever read about PH not to talk of being there, you'll know that PH was extended into local governments such as Okirika, Eleme and Obio/Akpor.
The main Port Harcourt City Local Government Area is an all Ikwerreland.
Ikwerreland comprises of four local governments; Ikwerre, Emohua, Obio/Akpor and Port Harcourt Local government areas.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Lagos The Only Developed State In The South-west? by EzePromoe: 12:48pm On Mar 04, 2013
Demdem:

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does TAN Have To Tell Nigerians About The Super Eagles? / Nigeria Loses N50trn Annually From Untapped Natural Resources. Most In North / NNPC Board GEJ And PMB Compare And Contrast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.