Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin (14839 Views)

INEC Office In Delta State Set Ablaze / Breaking News: INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers / Campaign Office Of PDP Candidate Set Ablaze In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by wbankz(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2013
This is true,this aint d first time in the state... A former vice chancellor of university of ilorin,had been said to be the sponsor behind the act.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Lero15(m): 9:57am On Feb 27, 2013
abdulkayus: Hah, na my town be dat oooo. I dont support d burnin of churches in dat town bt d way ppl are buildin churches in Ilorin, u will think its nt an islamic city. Churches almost everywhere as if dey are openin kiosks. Churches don turn to business center. If nt dat Ilorin ppl are tolerant unlike some states in d north, u wouldnt hav found churches in almost every corner in Ilorin.
CIAO
Dat shows Ilorin is developing broda.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 9:58am On Feb 27, 2013
Wily!Wily:

Look at this Pig

c dis akuya. Ode. Anuofia
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:03am On Feb 27, 2013
Lero15: Dat shows Ilorin is developing broda.

Yeahh, Ilorin is developin bt dey shld stop openin churches like business center.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by gerald09(m): 10:05am On Feb 27, 2013
Codedrock: The Prayer, Faith and Miracle Ministry, a church located at Asa Dam area in Ilorin, capital of the central Nigerian state of Krawa was on Tuesday burnt down by yet to be identified persons.
The church which is also known as Ori-Oke Majemu Agbara was said to have been set ablaze todaywhen none of the church members or security guard was around.
The suspected arsonists also burnt musical instruments, and public address system kept in the church but spared the bible and portraits of Jesus Christ which they removed to the frontage of the church.
They also reportedly carted away about 400 plastic chairs being used by the congregation and clerics of the church during
service.
Pastor in charge of the church, Paul Adekeye, said the building had been badly burnt before they got wind of the development and invited the fire fighters to douse the flame.
He said the part-time security guard they employed to watch over the church did not come for duty when the incident occurred on the excuse that his wife was indisposed.
Adekeye said they had no quarrel over the land save about five years ago when a man from Baboko area of the town who claimed to be the estate agent in charge of it asserted that the land was not meant for church building.
He said the man had since aroundthat time stopped coming to disturb them when he was disowned by the owner of the land who sold it to the church. The pastor, who said they could not yet suspect anybody as the perpetrator of the arson, disclosed that the church has reported the matter to the police and the Department of State Security Service and that
they had come to inspect it and promised to carry out full investigation on it.
Adekeye, who said property destroyed in the arson was worthmillions of Naira, urged the state government to come to the aide of the church in reconstructing the building.
Also reacting to the development, the secretary of neighborhood Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN), Ayetoro/Jooro district in Asa Dam area, Gabriel Olasunkanmi Taiwo said urged the state government to interveneto ensure that an end
is put to burning of churches in the town.
Another church, a branch of Living Faith Church was burnt in the town about three months agowith the state
CAN suspecting a renowned University Islamic lecturer being the instigator of the arson.
Source- (PM news)

CAN una settle down foolish, hw can u blame the University islamic lecturer, una read watin happen sef how st*pid una CAN members be sef he burnt the church n yet left d cross and the bible untouched n stole 400 chairs, dis is an open/close case the only people dat shuld b suspects ® d members of the church. CAN make una stop screaming "BOOM" so Nigerians can live in peace do u want to cause confusion n blood shed, u people are suppose to b "peace loving" and yet u promote anger, hate and confusion jt to cover up u shame.

2 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 27, 2013
abdulkayus: Hah, na my town be dat oooo. I dont support d burnin of churches in dat town bt d way ppl are buildin churches in Ilorin, u will think its nt an islamic city. Churches almost everywhere as if dey are openin kiosks. Churches don turn to business center. If nt dat Ilorin ppl are tolerant unlike some states in d north, u wouldnt hav found churches in almost every corner in Ilorin.
CIAO
u better repent and give your life to jesus christ. If u die with such animosity, hell awaits u.

1 Like

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Melahou(m): 10:07am On Feb 27, 2013
naijathings: [size=16pt] "Adekeye, who said property destroyed in the arson was worthmillions of Naira, urged the state government to come to the aide of the church in reconstructing the building." meaning what what has the state govt got to do with this?[/size]
for not providing enough security to prevent and combat crime in the state tongue
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:08am On Feb 27, 2013
Arysexy:

who made ilorin an islamic city? u r a pathetic f00l! Its ur like and die hard towel heads that go about burning churches out of envy, first it was Living faith, now another church is burnt. U may burn and bomb physical structures but u can never burn down the church of christ. Ewu congo!

Yeahh, Ilorin is an islamic city, better get dat into ur thick skull, d way also Anambra is a xtains city.
Ewu gambia. Oni ra nu. Read my post again, i never support and will never support d burnin of worship center. Olodo
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by WilyiWily: 10:08am On Feb 27, 2013
abdulkayus:

c dis akuya. Ode. Anuofia
Omo ale, Islamic Terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:10am On Feb 27, 2013
Hackin: u better repent and give your life to jesus christ. If u die with such animosity, hell awaits u.

hahahaha, c dis ode abeg. U be God. Idiota. FYI, we muslims believe in Jesus Christ nt as God or son of God bt as messenger of God.
CIAO

3 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:11am On Feb 27, 2013
Wily!Wily:

hahaha, i hav struck a nerve. C ur life like willy willy. Xtain Terrorist.

4 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:12am On Feb 27, 2013
Wily!Wily:

hahaha, i hav struck a nerve. C ur life like willy willy. Xtain Terrorist

1 Like

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:13am On Feb 27, 2013
Pharaoh9: in Pakistani language, LARGE CITY OF ISLAM is known as ISLAMABAD!

hahahahaha, large city of Islam. Olodo rabata.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:14am On Feb 27, 2013

hahahahaha, large city of Islam? Olodo rabata.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:15am On Feb 27, 2013
double post
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by mu2sa2: 10:15am On Feb 27, 2013
this is undoubtedly an inside job. A nonchristian wuold not bother to spare anything connected with xtianity. Christian arsonist clearly at work, moreso when the church is located in a xtian neighbourhood.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:16am On Feb 27, 2013
Pharaoh9: what we need are mosques, as in Bornu and Meduguri

i didnt say dey shld nt open a church, bt nt anyhw.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Vado(m): 10:17am On Feb 27, 2013
CIAO

If not that I've decided not to engage in nairaland e-brawl, I would have been vocal about how daft you are. Sule!
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:19am On Feb 27, 2013
confusion247:

So ilorin is an Islamic city? That's interesting, soon Osun state will be an Islamic state.

Yeahh, Ilorin is an Islamic city, get dat into ur thick skull
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:20am On Feb 27, 2013
Vado:

If not that I've decided not to engage in nairaland e-brawl, I would have been vocal about how daft you are. Sule!

bring it on dude, supo like u. Cant read between d line.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Orikinla(m): 10:23am On Feb 27, 2013
[size=18pt]Imagine a NIGERIA without ISLAM.
It would be a safer place for all people.

Who needs a religion that begets terrorism in the modern world?
Can you count how many lives have been destroyed by the Islamic terrorists and the so called moderates among Muslims who have never attacked those they claim are not practicing true Islam, but they fellowship and worship in the same mosques?
People don't become religious terrorists overnight without indoctrination.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by abdulkayus(m): 10:26am On Feb 27, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]Imagine a NIGERIA without ISLAM.
It would be a safer place for all people.

Who needs a religion that begets terrorism in the modern world?
Can you count how many lives have been destroyed by the Islamic terrorists and the so called moderates among Muslims who have never attacked those they claim are not practicing true Islam, but they fellowship and worship in the same mosques?
People don't become religious terrorists overnight without indoctrination.[/size]

and imagine Nigeria without u hypocritical xtains. Nigeria would hav been a better, safe and more moral place. Hypocrite.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by WilyiWily: 10:27am On Feb 27, 2013
Mohammed died of Gonorrhoea

2 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by jonsn: 10:31am On Feb 27, 2013
WHERE ARE THE IMAGES OF THE INCIDENT?
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Paschal007: 10:34am On Feb 27, 2013
Smh...So a whole church worth that millions have no insurance policy or something? No fire, theft, etc insurance? Good luck to them as they build from scratch. And woe to those that carried out this evil act, yea we know the usual suspect. They profess peace all the time. #Godiswatching#
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 27, 2013
MAYBE IT WAS SOME PEOPLE AROUND THERE WHO GOT IRRITATED BYT THE NOISE BEING GENERATED THERE AND DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. AT LEAST THEY WILL GET A FEW DAYS OF REST. undecided
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Dawdy(m): 10:48am On Feb 27, 2013
Ur Ignorance knows no bound! Now learn ur lesson ''Abad'' in urdu is differen from ''Bad'' in English.
Islamabad is Urdu for "Abode of
Islam".

2 Likes

Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Kay005: 10:57am On Feb 27, 2013
To be frank asa dam is highly dominated by xtian. No muslim will burn d church and go scot free. Nah inside job!
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Dsecret: 11:02am On Feb 27, 2013
wbankz: This is true,this aint d first time in the state... A former vice chancellor of university of ilorin,had been said to be the sponsor behind the act.
Why are we always quick to pass judgment ? Am very sure u ve never been to Ilorin B4.Ilorin still remains one of the most peaceful religiously diverse City in Nigeria.I am not in support of church burning cos am a christian but the matter if its true,should be properly investigated because d area d OP mention i.e Asa dam area is full of different kinds of churches in their 100 of numbers so why is it dat only the church was affected ? I think there must av been smtin fishing in dat church I may be wrong though.See en churches are scattered in every nook & cranny of Ilorin so why is it that only dat church ws affected.
Re: Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin by Dsecret: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2013
Babzilla: MAYBE IT WAS SOME PEOPLE AROUND THERE WHO GOT IRRITATED BYT THE NOISE BEING GENERATED THERE AND DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. AT LEAST THEY WILL GET A FEW DAYS OF REST. undecided
. lol seriously that could i.e COULD be true o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Kerry To Attend Buhari's Inauguration, Leads US Presidential Delegation / We Don’t Want To Associate With Gov Matawalle – Zamfara APC Decampees To PDP / Lagos Will Witness Massive Transformation In Six Months- Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.