Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP (1289 Views)

Jonathan Can Afford To Ignore Boko Haram - Cynical Politics / Jonathan Dozed Off At Convention, His Control Of PDP Significantly Weakened! / Am Alive And Well says Deziani Alison-Madueke, Petroleum Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 27, 2013
With the creation of a splinter group within the Nigeria Governors’ Forum and the purported clipping of Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s wing, President Goodluck Jonathan can now sleep with two eyes closed, National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Bamanga Tukur, has said.

Mr. Jonathan and the PDP had on Sunday masterminded the formation of a splinter group – thePDP Governors’ Forum – as a last gasp effort to dilute the perceived growing political influence of Mr. Amaechi , who was elected chairman of the NGF in June 2011 for an initial two-year term. But speaking when the chairman of the new splinter group and Akwa Ibom State Governor, Godswill Akpabio, visited him on Tuesday, Mr. Tukur admitted that he and President Jonathan were having sleepless nights because of the combative attitude of the PDP governors, then led by Mr. Amaechi. With the inauguration of PDP Governors Forum, Mr Tukur said he can now see well while Mr Jonathan can now sleep well. “Now I can see very well because I know, in form of leadership of PDP Governors Forum, they are for us,” he said.

“I can tell President Goodluck Jonathan, if he was sleeping few hours in the night because he does not know how the party is going, he can now go and have siesta.”

Also speaking, Mr.Akpabio said he would soon embark on the cleansing of the party with a view to sending away members working against its interest. Describing those working against party’s interest as “Judases”, the Forum Chairman noted that the internal crisis in the ruling party could be attributed to its size and the pursuit of parochial interest by some members he did not name. He, therefore, counseled them to have a change of mind or risk being thrown out.

“You know we are having challenges but the challenges for me, with what we have started now, have always been a function of PDP. What you saw was an implosion. What has happened to PDP is because of self implosion,” he said.

“When there is an implosion, where there is treachery, where there are more Judases than you have disciples, we want to have good disciples. We know that even in Christendom when Jesus Christ has 12 disciples there was one Judas, but if the Judases were up to nine then Jesus could have been in trouble, the gospel would have been in trouble today.”

“What the PDP is trying to do now is to cleanse its house, to try to identify the ones they called Judas and whisper it to them and said go out, the train is moving and you cannot stand otherwise we will crush you.”

Accompanied on the visit by his Bayelsa State counterpart, Seriake Dickson, Mr Akpabio denied claims that the formation of the Forum was meant to counter and whittle down the influence of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF). He stressed that the new forum floated on Sunday night was created to tackle the challenges not witnessed previously in the 14-year old party. He stated, “There was nothing like global warming and HIV about 40 years ago so you don’t need condoms like we do now. In the same vein there was no PDP Governors’ Forum 14 years ago, because there was no need, we were totally in charge. There was a time that PDP was having almost 27 governors and so if you have a Nigeria Governors’ Forum with 27 members from PDP what do you need another forum for”, he asked.

On the emergence of All Progressive Congress (APC), a coalition of four opposition parties, Mr Akpabio said the PDP would not be bothered by the development because it is the only party that has followership in all parts of the country. “PDP is the truly the only national party in Nigeria. PDP cannot lose election because Nigerians have come together to form PDP. PDP belong to Nigeria and Nigeria belongs to PDP. There is no godfather somewhere that stay somewhere to remote control PDP,” he stated.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/122110-gov-amaechi-weakened-jonathan-can-now-sleep-well-says-pdp.html
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 27, 2013
Hey,Dr Effeanyi AKA sincere9gerian,sorry to interupt your 40 laptop PDP propaganda work O.

I know how busy you are these days as per 2015 hustle tins. But its just that since I met that Wafi babe during our Good Govenment Tour(the tall yellow one with heavy backyard weh you wack remain for me),I 've had trouble sleeping at night because of some painful yellowish discharge.

Please Dr Effeanyi what is the solution to this wahala? Have a great day Sir.

Helep me salute Mr Taharqa,Billionaire,Last pope and the other 40L crew.

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:06am On Feb 27, 2013
Kamanda: Hey,Dr Effeanyi AKA sincere9gerian,sorry to interupt your 40 laptop PDP propaganda work O.

I know how busy you are these days as per 2015 hustle tins. But its just that since I met that Wafi babe during our Good Govenment Tour(the tall yellow one with heavy backyard weh you [size=18pt]wack remain for me[/size]),I 've had trouble sleeping at night because of some painful yellowish discharge.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by phantom(m): 2:47pm On Feb 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin O GOD! don't you just love nairaland! but on a serious note.....amaechi is not someone GEJ would want in the opposition.
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Gbawe: 2:50pm On Feb 27, 2013
Kamanda: Hey,Dr Effeanyi AKA sincere9gerian,sorry to interupt your 40 laptop PDP propaganda work O.

I know how busy you are these days as per 2015 hustle tins. But its just that since I met that Wafi babe during our Good Govenment Tour(the tall yellow one with heavy backyard weh you wack remain for me),I 've had trouble sleeping at night because of some painful yellowish discharge.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oga Basketmouth, when did you join Nairaland?
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by joeyfire(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2013
Na wa o! So GEJ who prides himself as a slow worker in things concerning his mandate as president can move like lightning to politically checkmate his rivals. This is an eye opener. The man is not as daft as he tries to look
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by cescadove: 3:12pm On Feb 27, 2013
HE WHO HAS MURDERED SLEEP SHOULD SLEEP NO MORE !
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by pokur: 3:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
Those who bring in ant-infested firewood,should expect visits from lizards.Nuff said.
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by jmaine: 4:56pm On Feb 27, 2013
Hilarious thread title cheesy . . .Meanwhile, Amaechi always had a close relationship with my man Babangida Aliyu , so i aint surprised seeing him feel the heat . . . . .

People seem to consistently make that foolish mistake of predicting GEJ failure, only to be rudely shocked by his stealth tenacity in getting his wishes through . . . . . .

Underestimate GEJ at your own peril folks . . A reason why some folks will continuously gnash and wail while the man ironically waxes stronger and stronger by the day. . . .
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
jmaine: Hilarious thread title cheesy . . .Meanwhile, Amaechi always had a close relationship with my man Babangida Aliyu , so i aint surprised seeing him feel the heat . . . . .

People seem to consistently [b]make that foolish mistake of predicting GEJ failure, only to be rudely shocked by his stealth tenacity in getting his wishes through . . . . . .

Underestimate GEJ at your own peril folks . . A reason why some folks will continuously gnash and wail while the man ironically waxes stronger and stronger by the day[/b]. . . .

Only a fo.ol will underestimate a man who initiated bombings, absolved the culprits even when they took responsibility, blamed his opponents for said bombings, refused to attend any debates, was horribly corrupt as Deputy Governor and Governor and still ended up becoming President of the country. Then, when he became President, committed sins upon sins on the country and her people at least once a week for at least 1yr and still wasnt impeached.

I never have, and will never, call such a man clueless.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2013

Too much straffing is not good for your health otherwise,use a condom.
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Coldfaya(m): 6:20pm On Feb 27, 2013
kingoflag:
Only a fo.ol will underestimate a man who initiated bombings, absolved the culprits even when they took responsibility, blamed his opponents for said bombings, refused to attend any debates, was horribly corrupt as Deputy Governor and Governor and still ended up becoming President of the country. Then, when he became President, committed sins upon sins on the country and her people at least once a week for at least 1yr and still wasnt impeached.

I never have, and will never, call such a man clueless.

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Muhehehehe......... U v made a strong n gud point.

Mr presido can now sleep by 6pm n wake by 11am. Oya na.
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 27, 2013
berem: Too much straffing is not good for your health otherwise,use a condom.

But Berem,where did you get "too much" from na?

Meanwhile,Them Wafi babes too get overskilz.The condom tia. grin

Remind me never to collect PDP-branded condoms from Sincere9gerian again embarassed
Re: Gov. Amaechi Weakened, Jonathan Can Now Sleep Well, Says PDP by Akanbiedu(m): 10:40pm On Feb 27, 2013
Tukur - preparing Jonathan for the GREAT FALL.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Really Drifting Into A Failed State? / Gbemi Saraki Moves To Rescue Embattled Wale Babalakin Of Bicourteny / Buhari Must Respect Agreement Not To Contest In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.