Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! (4059 Views)

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released / Unfair Treatment And Injustice Against Alhaji Suleiman Kabir / CNN: Singer Nneka Tells World Of Love And Injustice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 28, 2013
ACM10:

Don't cry when I start posting pictures of the largest slum I've seen in my life. Moreover, no city in the east is as filthy as Ibadan.

Post the pictures biko, I'm sure there are many threads with pictures of many eastern cities on NL, if I do not have time to pull them out (as I'm in work now) I believe other posters will dig them out for you.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:19am On Feb 28, 2013
eggheaders:

funny dude.please a link to that will be appreciated and the name of this non igbos in their cabinet.

Dr. Festus Adedayo was Special Assistant to Governor Nnamani

http://allafrica.com/stories/200505310205.html?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dfestus%2Badedayo%2Benugu%2Bstate%2Bgovernor%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den-gb%26client%3Dsafari&mstac=0
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ODUANEGRO: 8:20am On Feb 28, 2013
ACM10:

You are a pathological liar. Go away.

We just brought you two instances of discrimatory practices against non-igbos wanting to acquire land in igbo land. you call both lies. meanwhile Enugu government is not a liar when they admitted that something was not right and they will correct it?
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by joeyfire(m): 8:22am On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Ok Salam, I can arrange a plot of land for MCAN in Nkpor for 4 million naira only close to Tarzan. If you are serious.

That area don reach 4 million? Person get to invest quickly oh!
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:24am On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

We just brought you two instances of discrimatory practices against non-igbos wanting to acquire land in igbo land. you call both lies. meanwhile Enugu government is not a liar when they admitted that something was not right and they will correct it?

The problem with the Yorubas is that they want free land. You can't get it bro. We pay heavily for land in Lagos for anything ranging from land for churches, houses, markets etc. if they paid for their land and obtained the necessary deeds and titles, what stops them going to court?
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by eggheaders(m): 8:25am On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Dr. Festus Adedayo was Special Assistant to Governor Nnamani

http://allafrica.com/stories/200505310205.html?maneref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dfestus%2Badedayo%2Benugu%2Bstate%2Bgovernor%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26hl%3Den-gb%26client%3Dsafari&mstac=0

I just google it now.and have not seen anything convincing the only Festus adedayo is a media assistant to oyo state government. ok just saw your link now convinced.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 28, 2013
Ibos, you are not above the law. The fact you are making 100 trillion does not mean you have the right to bring in a private army and turn your abode into a wasteland.

Deal with it or go and mess up the east even more.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ODUANEGRO: 8:34am On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

The problem with the Yorubas is that they want free land. You can't get it bro. We pay heavily for land in Lagos for anything ranging from land for churches, houses, markets etc. if they paid for their land and obtained the necessary deeds and titles, what stops them going to court?

Yorubas gave you safety and security of lives when elsewhere you were hated and chased out. Yorubas gave you a path to economic recovery by opening our land for you to operate markets and industry....aspects which your own land cannot support. Yorubas gave you back your property and rents and mortgages when your rights in other parts were permanently and forever denied.

so what is a piece of land to give to a Yoruba community for a cultural center? Beside, in the other example they wanted a purchase, not a gift.

since we are talking of ladipo market....ibos did not buy any land in lagos on which any of your markets are located. you are leasing space on the land. the markets belong to the local govt. update and educate yourself on land laws in yorubaland. if you paid someone for a marketland purchase, hurry up and get your money back, LGs own rights of holdings on behalf of native families.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

Yorubas gave you safety and security of lives when elsewhere you were hated and chased out. Yorubas gave you a path to economic recovery by opening our land for you to operate markets and industry....aspects which your own land cannot support. Yorubas gave you back your property and rents and mortgages when your rights in other parts were permanently and forever denied.

so what is a piece of land to give to a Yoruba community for a cultural center? Beside, in the other example they wanted a purchase, not a gift.

since we are talking of ladipo market....ibos did not buy any land in lagos on which any of your markets are located. you are leasing space on the land. the markets belong to the local govt. update and educate yourself on land laws in yorubaland. if you paid someone for a marketland purchase, hurry up and get your money back, LGs own rights of holdings on behalf of native families.

Well put propaganda, but one point... Yorubas don't own Lagos. Go and learn property law and u will find that the land belongs to those with property on it particularly after long residency. mumu! wink
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2013
It is called actual occupation and proprietary rights, dis is something, i don't expect a local champion like urself to understand. All, I hear from local champions like urself is indigene, native, history. olodo!
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by PointB: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2013
kingoflag:

We probably wont know because some people just dont believe in whining as grown men, they take their "L" to the chin, stick their chest out, and keep it moving.

Why were they paraded? Didnt they get caught with Machetes, Daggers, meat cleavers and voodoo charms? Didnt they confess to be "Security Forces" hired from the Eastern part of Nigeria to come provide protection for their compadres at the market in Lagos? Are they cops? Who authorized them to carry such weapons or discharge duties of law and order? So, what are your complaints about?

Were the walking about the markets welding those so called weapon around? Is there any serious market with local security arrangement? What better security than those you can actually trust not to betray you, no matter what part of the country they are from? Does one require a license to keep a dagger (small knives) at home? I thought you were going to say they were caught with Ak47 riffles and live ammunition.

Arresting someone for having a machete and meat cleaver is very lame, to the point of ridiculous. And wtf is voodoo charms? Granted our police, and the politicians whose purpose they serve are that idiotic, must you necessary join their idiocy?
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ACM10: 9:17am On Feb 28, 2013
eggheaders:

damn they are the same lols.with the way y'all treat the ebonyi peeps the delta igbos y'all openly called efulefu for not being on the same page with you about the biafra issue lol mehn.your assertion does not hold water igbos are significant in other climes too they were not given political positions and pre fashola no governor deem it fit to appoint any ndigbo right.y'all should quit whining and give this guy a thumbs up mehn.

I have a feeling that you have penchant for making careless assertions. Which state is the present secretary-general of Ohaneze Ndigbo from? Delta, right? If Igbos can give that top post to a Deltan, then what do you make of it?
No true son of Igbo calls Ebonyi or Deltans, efulefu. Who in his right state of mind will call a whole state and an integral part of Igboland, efulefus. Efulefu is a term reserved for the few misguided Igbos. It does not discriminate between states. We have efulefus in every states of Igboland. So, learn to use your terms appropriately.
But that does not take away the fact that Fashola is a Yoruba ethnic jingoist.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ODUANEGRO: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

Well put propaganda, but one point... Yorubas don't own Lagos. Go and learn property law and u will find that the land belongs to those with property on it particularly after long residency. mumu! wink

ODE! Even Oba of Lagos will tell you the land belong to the native families. Federal Govt sef tried to convert it to Federal land and lost in court. na ibo go come say because hin build mansion for land the land belong to am. Una never sabi! I don tell una many times, at the end of the day this Yorubaland will wash the ibo blood from your gene pool. small small, generation by generation you go become yoruba. Ijaw go end up inherit alaigbo.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ACM10: 9:25am On Feb 28, 2013
inufele2:

Post the pictures biko, I'm sure there are many threads with pictures of many eastern cities on NL, if I do not have time to pull them out (as I'm in work now) I believe other posters will dig them out for you.

For some obvious reason, I will not post the pictures on this thread. But feel free to challenge me in some other threads. Ibadan is unbelieveably filthy. Even the clean up they did today is not enough to improve the outlook of the town.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by gbadexy(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2013
I feel for the traders at ladipo.
There are many other tribes there too but the ibos are the predominant ones there.
Its obvious the leadership of the market brought this on the market because I read on a thread here where the commissioner said they went to the market but the leaders didn't meet with them and they formed their own government there.
The market leaders should have met with the government and addressed the complaint on time. I even read that the closure was announce a week ahead and I expected the market leadership to have gone for damage control and do an agreement with the government to sanitize the market.
If the market leaders can constitute a security outfit, they could have easily formed and empower environment task force to ensure compliance.
That notwithstanding, the government should facilitate early opening of the market even if it means they would take over the management of the market because these people aren't salary earners, they make daily money!
We need to put ourselves in their shoes and not just make statements because it is happening to another person.

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:32am On Feb 28, 2013
Moving on swiftly, where was the police to arrest dis gang of OPC gun and knife wielding hooligans?

This was done in the afternoon, whilst people were going about their legitimate business, causing panic and anxiety.

Why arrest shop keepers who have take measure to secure their life and property within their shop premises and keep certain tools for cutting of objects like rubbers and other spare parts(work related) that the police call weapons?

Is a machete an illegal weapon to keep in ones own property/home? What is charms?

Are guns and knives carried on the street openly not assault weapons in Nigeria or maybe OPC is part of his Excellence Armed Forces?

I am ashamed of the Nigeria Police Force and entire Nigeria Justice System, it sucks.

Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by gbadexy(m): 9:33am On Feb 28, 2013
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Ngwakwe: 9:35am On Feb 28, 2013
When will South Westerners stop this malicious statement (Igbos should move back to .........)?

A free society fears no competition. Hardwork and Business acumen are not a curse but rather should be emulated.

Can we move on with freedom for healthy challenge and see ourselves as trying to bring out the best in both ethnic groups instead of rival that need to be eliminated.

In my community everybody has decided to try to give their children a minimum of university education not because they are rich but because of competitions among families.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by eggheaders(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2013
ACM10:

I have a feeling that you have penchant for making careless assertions. Which state is the present secretary-general of Ohaneze Ndigbo from? Delta, right? If Igbos can give that top post to a Deltan, then what do you make of it?
No true son of Igbo calls Ebonyi or Deltans, efulefu. Who in his right state of mind will call a whole state and an integral part of Igboland, efulefus. Efulefu is a term reserved for the few misguided Igbos. It does not discriminate between states. We have efulefus in every states of Igboland. So, learn to use your terms appropriately.
But that does not take away the fact that Fashola is a Yoruba ethnic jingoist.

it not far fetch get to upper iweka and see how the uzo guys(truckpushers).are daily insulted by your folks because they are mostly ebonyi guys.which has made those guys hostile.no need dragging issues with you.a copy of the biafran veteran Gen. maduegbuena books will give you more insight on how ndigbo view the delta igbos.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:41am On Feb 28, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

Bros, Like I stated in another trade, apart from Lagos ( which is for obvious reasons as a former Federal capital) the number of Igbos living in Kano state alone is far more than the number of Igbos living in the whole of the other south west states. The Igbos go where there is money to be made.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by ACM10: 9:56am On Feb 28, 2013
eggheaders:

it not far fetch get to upper iweka and see how the uzo guys(truckpushers).are daily insulted by your folks because they are mostly ebonyi guys.which has made those guys hostile.no need dragging issues with you.a copy of the biafran veteran Gen. maduegbuena books will give you more insight on how ndigbo view the delta igbos.

Who is Gen. maduegbuena? I can see that you are playing above your league. At this point in time, I feel no need to respond to any of your outrageous claims.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 28, 2013
gbadexy: I feel for the traders at ladipo.
There are many other tribes there too but the ibos are the predominant ones there.
Its obvious the leadership of the market brought this on the market because I read on a thread here where the commissioner said they went to the market but the leaders didn't meet with them and they formed their own government there.
The market leaders should have met with the government and addressed the complaint on time. I even read that the closure was announce a week ahead and I expected the market leadership to have gone for damage control and do an agreement with the government to sanitize the market.
If the market leaders can constitute a security outfit, they could have easily formed and empower environment task force to ensure compliance.
That notwithstanding, the government should facilitate early opening of the market even if it means they would take over the management of the market because these people aren't salary earners, they make daily money!
We need to put ourselves in their shoes and not just make statements because it is happening to another person.
The only sensible post I have read here.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 28, 2013
ACM10:

For some obvious reason, I will not post the pictures on this thread. But feel free to challenge me in some other threads. Ibadan is unbelieveably filthy. Even the clean up they did today is not enough to improve the outlook of the town.

That's a blatant lie! There's is nothing unbelievable about some few dirty areas in Ibadan. As it is in Ibadan so it is in Owerri, Aba, Onitsha etc so stop the exaggeration. I was born and bred in Ibadan and was in Ibadan in Oct last year for at least 3 weeks the city is not in any way you're trying to paint it to be.
Whenever you're ready to post the pictures just make sure you have the names of the areas attached to each pic, not some Internet pics with no source or name.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by eggheaders(m): 10:25am On Feb 28, 2013
ACM10:

Who is Gen. maduegbuena? I can see that you are playing above your league. At this point in time, I feel no need to respond to any of your outrageous claims.

how do you mean.since you not ready to debate again goodluck.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2013
eggheaders:

how do you mean.since you not ready to debate again goodluck.

Salam, there is nobody like General Maduegbeuna. He only exists in your imagination
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by EzePromoe: 10:49am On Feb 28, 2013
eggheaders:

then why y'all desire to be treated right here.are your numerous Eze ndigbo here not representing you guys. the appointment just show how liberal we are.in alaigbo there are numerous Delta igbos why has your governors not consider them for any political post?? it not far fetched in a clime where non abians were sack from the abia state civil service because of their state of origin.speak volumes about you guys.
@bolded,
stop talking like a toddler. If you aren't sure ask.

Ralph Uwechue, from Ogwashi Ukwu in Delta state is the President of Ohaneze Ndigbo, the apex Igbo group.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by eggheaders(m): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Salam, there is nobody like General Maduegbeuna. He only exists in your imagination

Google no dey work again for your CPU??
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by joelee: 2:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Dear Concerned,
Lagos State Government took over my schools for 39yrs and have not
returned them even after they have promised doing so, am pleading and
seeking the help of the President, the Governor and well meaning
Nigerians to help me get back my schools. This struggle has made me a
widow, am 91yrs old, do they want me to die and retain my only
possession in life?

Roseline Ololo.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173818072956317&set=pcb.173818406289617&type=3
https://www.naij.com/tag/madam-roseline-ololo.html
http://www.punchng.com/…/woman-91-protests-non-return-of-h…/
http://thenationonlineng.net/91-year-old-woman-threatens-l…/
http://thenationonlineng.net/91-year-old-woman-threatens-l…/
http://www.vanguardngr.com/…/woman-91-others-to-picket-amb…/
http://starconnectmedia.com/…/return-of-metropolitan-colle…/
http://sunnewsonline.com/…/release-my-school-91-yr-old-wid…/

Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by joelee: 2:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
The God of the Bible: the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the God of Moses and David; the God of Isaiah, and the prophets; the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, whom Jesus reveals, is the God of perfect justice.
Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by MayorofLagos(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2015
Sincere9gerian:
I've been reading alot of articles recently about the attitude of the Lagos state govt towards Igbos in the state. What is going on?

I've not commented on this issue because of inadequate information but I cant understand how state govt officials will abruptly close a market as big and old as Ladipo?

If there are issues like environmental sanitation and all that, is the solution to such problems complete closure? Do we cut off the head because of headache?

This attitude of decapitating means of lively hood of the poor because of one flimsy (or even genuine concerns) reason or the other is wicked. Okada is constituting nuisance, ban Okada. There are environmental challenges in Ladipo market, close the market. What about the thieving politicians? Do we now ban them too?

Decapitation cannot be the only solution to these problems. I thought they said some 'progressive' minded persons are charge of Lagos? These persons are being paid to proffer solutions to problems. If the only solution they can proffer at any given time is decapitation, then they'r USELESS

Tejuosho market was an eyesore until the govt stepped in and constructed a market complex with parking facility. Tejuosho was all Yorubas back then and they cooperated and accepted what govt planned to do. After the complex opened they moved back in.

Tejuosho is not the only market that has gone through remodelling but is a classic example.

This hateful reaction and obstruction againt plans to tear down and redevelop Ladipo market is uncalled for. Ibos are not the first to experience this in Lagos. The government is saddled with responsibility for public order and planning. They are doing their job.

Why is it everytime Lagos State embarks on improvement projects and environmental upgrade Ibos get on public air with resentment and hate, can you explain this?

1 Like

Re: Enough Of This Oppression And Injustice Against Igbo Traders In Lagos State! by onoja12: 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
You hear me big rubbish,we all know that when you get to a place you try to live in harmony with the owners of the land,but the arrogance and abusive way in which the igbos have conducted themself in lagos,even going as far as openly insulting the Oba and telling people that Lagos is no man's land,when they clearly know who owns lagos([b][/b]AN ACTION WHICH THEY WOULD NEVER ALLOW IN ANY OF THE IGBO CONTROLLED STATES) all draws the kind of reaction they get from there host,the first rule of life is that you must not do unto other what you dont want done to you and this rule is in all regions all over the world.so my igbo brothers/sisters go and learn respect and you would enjoy lagos like you have always done until your arrogance stated

Sincere9gerian:
I have personally and officially followed closely, the case of Ladipo market, Mushin LGA Lagos. I assert that the closing down of Ladipo market by the Lagos State Government and the arrest, detention and dehumanizing of Igbo traders in that market is a clear case of oppression and injustice by powerful, primordial forces intent on dislodging the traders, dispossessing them of their assets and taking over a market they built with their own sweat and resources.

This is the culmination of a long-drawn scheme and ceaseless attempts by these self-serving and base individuals and forces to forcefully and illegally throw out the traders and take over their market, in utter violation of subsisting agreements that the traders will run the market for a specified period of time having spent their money constructing structures in the market.

The claims of 'environmental degradation','obstruction of traffic and drainage' etc are fraudulent pretext and sheer subterfuge for what is apparently a case of ethnic persecution fuelled by hatred and the individual avarice of some people who have over the years nursed the ambition to take over the market- and have on several occasions- and up to December 2012, used both the police and thugs to harass, intimidate, hound and even made attempts on the lives of the leadership and members of the traders association. A section of the media has also been employed to propagate falsehood in furtherance of the dubious agenda of the masterminds of this wicked act. Those innocent traders branded 'bakasi boys' and currently detained by the police must be released. The issues leading to, and surrounding, the closure of the market should be transparently investigated and truth and justice must prevail!

Okechukwu Nwanguma
Advocacy Coordinator
Network on Police Reform in Nigeria

http://saharareporters.com/article/enough-oppression-and-injustice-against-igbo-traders-lagos-state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hilarious Picture Of "FUFU AREGBE" From Aregbesola's Supporter / Exposed!! Arewa's Plan 'b' / One of the greatest African Leaders/president :Thomas Sankara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.