Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Pat Utomi For President In 2007? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi For President In 2007? (21135 Views)

Poll: if Pat Utomi contests, will you vote for him?

Yes: 77% (111 votes)
No: 22% (32 votes)
This poll has ended

Jonathan’s Biggest Economic Mistakes — Pat Utomi / Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / President Of Nigeria In 2007: Who? <Poll> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 6:15am On Feb 18, 2007
Knowing that nairaland is not a political front and not everyone here really supports Pat Utomi and his "white man idealogies", i'll still want to suggest to the moderator (or anyone concerned) on how we can get this discourse across to Uncle P's website.

This might be where the revolution will start from!!!! remember we r almost 1 million individuals in nairaland alone!!! who says we don't have a say? we do, fellow compatriots.

Donation to PAT UTOMI's CAMPAIGN

I want to donate a web site (domain/server/content management software/live video/forum) dedicated solely to support Pat Utomi and to get his message accross to the youths. (All cost covered by me) 

The site can be up and running within 24-72 hrs and all UTOMI's supporters in NairaLand can login and manage it individually.

Please, suggest a domain name such

- www.utomi4nigeria.com
www.utomi4president.com
  - www.patutomicapaign.com
   etc

I will register it FREE within 5 minutes. It's all part of my community contributions.

Note: Please inquire from the moderator if this sort of sponsorship is allowed here and it does not violate EFCC rules. To clear the air on this, I am a CEO/Software Developer
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 6:34am On Feb 18, 2007
Isn't there already one; www.patutomi2007.com
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 6:38am On Feb 18, 2007
I was reponding to this:

Knowing that nairaland is not a political front and not everyone here really supports Pat Utomi and his "white man idealogies", i'll still want to suggest to the moderator (or anyone concerned) on how we can get this discourse across to Uncle P's website.

This might be where the revolution will start from!!!! remember we r almost 1 million individuals in nairaland alone!!! who says we don't have a say? we do, fellow compatriots.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 6:41am On Feb 18, 2007
Aww My Bad grin

Carry On
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 10:06am On Feb 18, 2007
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 11:10am On Feb 18, 2007
From Sunday Vanguard
PRESIDENT Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday in Yola expressed regret for picking Vice president Atiku Abubakar as his running mate for the 1999 and 2003 general  elections, describing him as a disaster and a disappointment to the entire political system in the country.

He stated that there were the likes of Professor Jibril Aminu, Senator Iya Abubakar, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur and others who could have served the country diligently  but for Atiku’s closeness to the late Alhaji Musa Yar’adua, who never lied to him, he (Obasanjo) opted for Atiku.

The president, who was speaking at the Adamawa chapter of the PDP presidential rally, told the people of the state to accept his apology for making a wrong  choice.

So people how can you tell "He isn't making another mistake choosing Yaradua"
don't tell me Yaradua wasn't choosen or else ,

Despite the fact that i know OBJ has done quite a number of things for Nigeria ,i still don't beleive in PDP(it appears too dictative and sole on its 2007 presidential ambition,that doesn't represent the true Nigerian voice).
it's time for a change ,the change is PAT UTOMI,the TRUE NIGERIAN VOICE .
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 4:29pm On Feb 18, 2007
If you are for Pat Utomi, post your lastest views and findings every hour to keep this thread active so we can spread the message until the elections.

Let's do it, guys!

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monkeyleg: 11:39pm On Feb 18, 2007
I am so excited to see good people show so much passion about Pat Utomi. Please let us all keep the momentum up. It is about time we start choosing the right people to rule us. I always challange my country men and women that if they indeed want a change, from the rubbish we have had for the last 8years, then they should vote right. The days of money politics should be seen as dead and buried. If we do not stand up and do the right thing now, then I am afraid our great Country will fall deeper into cesspit we find ourselves in.

It is time for us all to stand up for change.

Vote Pat Utomi
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 2:41am On Feb 19, 2007
Prof Pat Utomi speaks on the socio-economic and political issues concerning Nigeria.

Live Video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2502240648675966627

This man is H-O-T, Watch it!!!

Utomi's Qualities: experienced, educated, aggressive, emotionally stable, fnendly, popular, powerful, sexy, wealthy, ambitious, good sense of humor, highly social etc.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 6:20am On Feb 19, 2007
If at least 45 percent of Voters registered in Northern Nigeria vote for him or vote for numerous candidates then Pat Utomi will have a good shot wink
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Gani: 11:30am On Feb 19, 2007
I think Pat Utomi shuold go and invest more in the banking industries than coming into nigeria politics at the wrong time. cool
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 11:38am On Feb 19, 2007
Pat Utomi should jettison the idea of leading Nigeria at this stage. He is a technocrat with developmental ideas but the fact remains that he is new to the political terain of the country and this remains a major huddle before him. I will advice him to serve in the capacity of a Minister rather than wasting his hard earned resources on presidential ambition. The future is a better option for him.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 12:13pm On Feb 19, 2007
Most comments here have all been very positive with respect to Pat UTOMI for President.

donnymikky:

Pat Utomi should jettison the idea of leading Nigeria at this stage. . .
. . .I will advice him to serve in the capacity of a Minister rather than wasting his hard earned resources on presidential ambition.
. . .The future is a better option for him.

@Donnymikky & Gani

Your advice seems out-of-place, if I may say so.

Of all the presidential candidates currently aspiring for this TOP SEAT, whc of them seem to hav the qualities of honestly being an administrator in a Local Govt Area?

At this stage, we shld look beyond whether UTOMI has what it takes to lead Nigeria or not, but to sincerely and honestly weigh the QUALITIES of all the current candidates in this race.

On your other issue:
Of what good will Utomi be as a Minister when he serves under a corrupt system?
Where is Okonojo-Iweala today after her input in this administration?

In essence, we should select people based on their Values, their Strengths, as well as their precedence.
Let's not allow sentiments to be-cloud us.

Nigerians have been known to be very 'understanding' with corrupt and direction-less leaders, but I don't think the patience is beginning to wear thin. {need I remind u of MEND in d Delta, or the Abuja Military-Pensioners blockade?}

That FUTURE your were referring to, my dear gentleman DonnyMikky, is NOW!
NOW is the TIME to stand up for a Change!

We CANT make another such mistakes in the likes of Alamesiya, Uzor Kalu, Fayose, Dariye, and a whole host of them.

I have a GUT feeling that UTOMI remains the Best Candidate thus far!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 12:38pm On Feb 19, 2007
@Tonyblu

Open your eyes very well and read my postings again. shocked
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by donnymikky(m): 12:47pm On Feb 19, 2007
Of all the presidential candidates currently aspiring for this TOP SEAT, whc of them seem to hav the qualities of honestly being an administrator in a Local Govt Area?

At this stage, we shld look beyond whether UTOMI has what it takes to lead Nigeria or not, but to sincerely and honestly weigh the QUALITIES of all the current candidates in this race

I have never compared Utomi with any of the contestants and i have never said he lacks what it takes to be the next Nigerian president so i dont know where you got your information from. Probably you misquoted me. Anyway you have the right to make your personal views on issues but i think its morally wrong for you to say my point is out of place. Whether or not it is out of place i have given my advice base on comprehensive political analysis.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by twinstaiye(m): 12:58pm On Feb 19, 2007
donnymikky:

Pat Utomi should jettison the idea of leading Nigeria at this stage. He is a technocrat with developmental ideas but the fact remains that he is new to the political terain of the country and this remains a major huddle before him. I will advice him to serve in the capacity of a Minister rather than wasting his hard earned resources on presidential ambition. The future is a better option for him.
Well said, I couldnt agreed less. Oshiomhole decided to run the race for Governorship rather than Presidential race, he probably learn from that school of thought. I also want to believe Pat Utomi may not make much impact in the forthcoming election, at least from the voting trend of Nigeria in the past. Gani did the same in the last election, and popular and credible his candidature was, he lost gallantly.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2007
@Donnymikky:

I stand corrected!

Just that, often times I wonder whether one needs to attend any "school" to be able to contest for presidency, especially if such a person is to be ELECTED not SELECTED!

Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by elder04: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2007
Now Pat Utomi has declared his intention to run for the President. Many of us are not really sure of what we really need. Do we want this politicians who have been there for quite some time now and have not given us the Change we really want. If we nigerians can give him our vote! and we decide to make our votes to count. then, there is nothing bad in giving a fresh person, a person that have not soiled his hand a chance. You said that he does not have the politics experience. Do you really know the beginning of most of this so called politicians, let give a person that we know his begining a chance. THIS IS THE CHANGE THAT WE NEED.

VOTE PAT UTOMI NOW!
YOUR CHILDREN WILL BLAME YOU FOR NOT DOING SO.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by elder04: 6:18pm On Feb 19, 2007
[color=#000099]Yes! Vote for Him!

Let your Vote count!

We must not waste another 4 years!

We really need him now!

HE IS THE CHANGE WE NEED IN THIS COUNTRY[/color
[b][/b]]
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 6:38pm On Feb 19, 2007
UTOMI is President!
cheesy
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by naylow: 7:53pm On Feb 19, 2007
To all objecting to a Pat Utomi presidency I woud say you are all defeatist. You've already written off he man without giving him a chance. The problem with our Nigerian thinkers has been their inability to think beyond their noses and this is an area where Pat Utomi excels. He is a thinking man and an astute businessman at that and it is for these reasons that I will support his running for Aso Rock.

This might be the revolution we have been waiting for.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monkeyleg: 7:56pm On Feb 19, 2007
Tonyblu,

I support your passion for Pat Utomi, but we must also give people with differing views an opportunity to express themselves, even if we do not like thier answers.

On experience, I often hold myself from shitting a brick when I hear people say that Pat does not have Political experience. If we are to look at those politicians with experience, which of them has actually made a diference for the good of all. As far as I am concerned the experience they have gained counts for nothing. They have not learnt the basic rule of public office, and that is to serve. The way I see it is that Pat has as much political experience as the other candidate, just that he is heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of good quality.

For those that think he can not win, you might just be surprised. Dont sit idle hoping for change if you are not interested in being part of that change. A lady I met at the Voters registeration office summed it up well. "Nigerians are Very Passive people" They talk about change, but are not keen to get involved in the process. Dont get involved now, and your Kids will definitely blame you.

God Bless us all
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2007
monkeyleg:

Tonyblu,
I support your passion for Pat Utomi, but we must also give people. . .
. . . "Nigerians are Very Passive people" They talk about change, but are not keen to get involved in the process. Dont get involved now, and your Kids will definitely blame you.
God Bless us all

Thanks Mnkylg, cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Actually, I'd wrongly posted a thread here; but since I couldnt delete my post, I had to leave sumthng there.

Your comment is noted and well-taken.

God Bless us all!

grin cheesy wink smiley cheesy
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by progwiz(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2007
Guyz u know what there is no need giving a long sermon

i will rather cast my vote to utomi and he losses(God forbid) than to keep my vote to my self or waste it on any other politicians out there

cos there isn't any sincere 1 as UTOMI

if we all begin to ve dis mind ,we will make dis change , we are due for this change

i read this on his site (www.patutomi2007.com)

Nigerians, just a simple plea, put me beside them. Put the commitment I have shown throughout my life to service. Put the ones they’ve shown throughout their lives to public service. Put my competence in terms of education and all of that in front of them. Put the ones they have shown. Put down my team spirit, put down theirs and compare it. Put my character and their values down. If you put all of this one against the other and theirs appears higher than mine, please, vote for them. But if mine is higher than theirs, do your conscience a duty

Guyz   OUR CHILDREN MUST REFERENCE THIS REVOLUTION STORY  we must vote ooo and he must win , am tired of seeing the present state of Nigeria ,haba !!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by debosky(m): 10:07pm On Feb 19, 2007
as much as I admire Pat and his ideas and thoughts, running Nigeria is not a one-man show, he lacks the network and the wide-spread supporter base to achieve what he says, I daresay at this time if he won, he would be a lameduck president. He needs to establish good contacts in the political system first to garner enough backing for him to succeed, its not by giving good speeches and having ideas alone that elections are won.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 8:40am On Feb 20, 2007
debosky:

as much as I admire Pat and his ideas and thoughts . .
. . .He needs to establish good contacts in the political system first to garner enough backing for him to succeed. . .

@Debosky,
Pls could you kindly throw more light on the "Good Contacts in the Political System" issue you stated.

Cheers.
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by monkeyleg: 12:04pm On Feb 20, 2007
Debosky,

Just like Tonyblu, I will like to know a bit more about this "Political contact" you so refer to.

I think a lot of people who are skeptical about Pat's chances tend to compare his pedegree with the present set of politicians. I think the point here is that Nigeria is due a change from what is classified are the political norm in Nigeria. If that is the case, political experience and Political contacts do not come in. By the way you would be grossly underestimating Pat Utomi, by thinking he does not have the necessary contacts were it matter. And I mean good contacts.

My appeal is that everyone is that we try something different for a change rather than leaving things the way they are.

God Bless us All
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2007
Pat Utomi musn't associate with corrupt bastards in office bus must make sure new credible and trustworthy people are appointed once he get's to office wink
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by HIROSHI: 10:14am On Feb 21, 2007
Whether my vote counts or not, I will obey my conscience by voting for Pat Utomi. I'll also defend my vote. However, what much water can ADC hold beside the mighty PDP?

Yar'adua? Mmmh! undecided
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by dblock(m): 6:15am On Feb 22, 2007
Up Utomi wink
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by Tonyblu(m): 9:14am On Feb 22, 2007
I just watched Utomi on AIT (TV) this morning about Issues with Niger Delta . . .
. . .And he finally convinced me on why creating a new Ministry of Niger Delta will NOT be a solution.

Didn't we hear they merged many ministries recently, why create new ones?

It's all about tackling issues, not BOGUS, FAT, unrealistic promises!

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ /o\ All Hands In the AIR for . . .U know who!
Re: Pat Utomi For President In 2007? by shutmouth(m): 9:43am On Feb 22, 2007
Pat Utomi is the Tony Blair and Bill Clinton of Nigeria

Pat Utomi is Sexy, Hansome, Intelligent, highly Educated, well travelled, Good Sense of Humour, Responsible, Tested, Young etc.

A country is always blessed with such quality men once in a life time and Utomi is a gift from God for Nigerians this century.

Dubious Atiku is using his recklessness to generate attention hence overshadowing the popularity of Pat Utomi.

We will carry Pat Utomi's messages to every corner of Nigeria irrespective of the low publicity created by the irresponsible Atiku and his stupid fans.

Ride on Pat!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Richard Branson- Nigerian Politicians Are Insane, & Dream Killers / Why We Didn’t Disqualify Yahaya Bello for Double Registration -INEC / Fayose's One Year In Office Thanksgiving Service (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.