Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Advice On SEO And SEO Expert - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Advice On SEO And SEO Expert (2600 Views)

SEO Expert Needed / BREAKING!!- Google Is Hiring An SEO Expert To Improve It's Search Engine Ranking / Professional SEO Expert Needed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by dokunbam(m): 8:01am On Feb 28, 2013
I started a blog last year July. I have tried all available SEO tools, I have read all SEO advice I come across on the net and tried to apply some reasonable ones. As at yesterday my page view was around 400 and adsense only report 150. I not really particular about the adsense because I know that with good traffic, the adsense with do good. (but I think the margin is too high) Last year December I was having between 600 and 800 views so I decided to change the template then the traffic dropped to 150, I notice the traffic is gradually coming up. The issue is that the blog is more than 6 month and I think I should be getting more traffic and get more money in my adsense cos I spend money every month to pay internet subscription and some other stuff. I know it takes time to get paid, but it is not getting too long.

Now I want to hire SEO expert to handle it for me. SEO expert on nairaland pls advice

What is really the work of SEO expert? Is it back linking, keyword research for HTML meta tag, bookmarking, social media sharing? they do not have access to my HTML

Am I assured of good traffic to like 1500 views in the first month with a steady growth the subsequent months?

will he/she continue working on the site as long as the site exist?

I want to try seomoz.org( pls advice)

I really need a broad advice on this before I put my money online. does it really worth it hiring SEO expert?

The advice/comment is not only for me, also for those in my shoe.

So pls a reasonable advice.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by naijainfogalery: 8:35am On Feb 28, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm first of all SEO is a big thing, many people read about it daily but they dont still get expected results, In Nigeria to really have a good chance in ranking it involves a lot of work, follow me on @naijainfogalery then tweet at me will give you tips or like my page on fb will be willing to help you out https://www.facebook.com/NaijaInformationGallery
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by mj(m): 9:21am On Feb 28, 2013
The truth is that SEO takes time, it includes backlinks, keyword research, article and PR submission. Google algorithm changes always, so an SEO method that works today may not work tomorrow, just to let you know, Google is trying to eliminate use of keywords because many people have been sent to wrong urls based on keywords. Hence if you don't understand how the algorithm works, your lost.
about 80% of web traffic starts from Search Engine, I wish I have opened my Blog to the Public, I might just have the answers to all your questions in my blog. all the best, post your URL, let me check it and provide recommendations for you, after this am gonna charge you. all the best.

Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by Basic(m): 4:01pm On Feb 28, 2013
The simple fact is that most bloggers are desperate for quick results and are therefore not patient enough to apply the right tactics.

Even "SEO experts" are no longer getting it right these days. All the shortcut, automated strategies are no longer fooling Google.

Only natural, real, and high quality tactics are now working.

1. Frequent publishing of high quality content (longer posts of 1000+ words are doing better in Google these days)

2. Guest posting (ignore this one and you'll die of failure!)

3. Optimizing your posts for ultra-specific, long tail keywords.

If you're persistent in these 3 for just six months, you'll start generating tons of traffic, and you'll start making huge profits from your blog. It's a guarantee!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by mj(m): 2:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
After viewing your blog, this is what I noticed:
1.the title, keywords and description tags are wrongly done (i guess ur current theme is the problem)
effect: people can not get to your website through search engines results cos your website will not come up.
2. backlinks, you need to get quality backlinks from website having good PR, except for nairaland there that has PR4.
3. share your news on website with high PR, google will do a follow for you. eg, nairaland, digg, StumbleUpon, pininteres, etc.
4. create unique content, Google don't like copy copy work.
5. Some images do not specify alternative text.
6. The website is not W3C compliant.( u are using this like <p bgcolor="#FF0000"> in the html page, replace them with CSS)
Improve on this....takia.

1 Like

Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by dokunbam(m): 6:57am On Mar 03, 2013
thanks guys
am working on effecting the changes
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by mrkels(m): 8:13am On Mar 04, 2013
Plenty of the old seo techniques like backlinking may not help you in ranking these days as the useless panda update has done more harm than good.
My advice is
1) Fully adhere to @basic post

2) Download some free firefox seo pluggins- they would really help you in optimizing all your content and show you your score on H1 and H2 tag, page rank flow, meta discription, ALT image tag ( non-ref flow ) number of links , title tag etc.

3) Do it yourself and don't pay for sh.it, in 6 months if your niche is nigerian, you would be among the top...
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by mavtrevor(m): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2013
Start from migrating from a ..com subdomain to a .com domain and i will suggest you use wordpress. Wordpress has alot of SEO advantages over any other blogging platform. A neat theme design and unclattered sidebars encourages visitors to read more. Visit my blog @Netmediablog and see the blogging tips section, you will definitely learn alot from it.
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by dokunbam(m): 9:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
Thanks guys
pls keep the comments comming
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by cheavroi(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2013
SEO Optimization starts with a good keyword research. That should be your starting point.Get your keyword wrong and all your effort will go down the drain. there are various keyword tools out there but the basic principle is the same. Always make sure that you research your keyword very well. I have a post on my website on how the factors to consider when doing your keyword research.
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by okdluxresh(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2015
wow! i love this topic, poster thanks for throwing it open in this great forum this my little question is directed to all including MJ, pls guys can anyone here go through my URl which is newsflash9ja..com and tell me the right things to do as regards my SEO solutions and how to drive lots of traffic to my blog thanks
my contact is 07035122091 i will be waiting for your replies
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by cheavroi(m): 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2015
First, great advice from everyone. For the first time,im hearing people talk real issues and give real advice. Having said that,here is my advice

1. SEO is a long term project. And that's why if you don't have the budget for it, you better off learning it. The challenge with learning it is that you have to make all the mistakes expert makes before you can know the difference between what works and what does not work. By then you may give it expect you make it your life

2. Wordpress has not advantage when it comes to SEO. The best way to take advantage of SEO is to use pure html.

3. SEO is not the only way to get traffic and if you choose the wrong keywords, your traffic is doom

Now having said that, what can you do

1. Choose a niche ( an seo expert can help you here)

2. Optimise the website

3. Write great content

4. Build links

5. Look for other ways of getting traffic

6. Look for other ways of monetising your blog

7. Ignore all the advices out there (90% of them are lies). Don't rush to implement every update like mobile friendiness and https

Finally and most importantly, hire an seo to worry about seo while you worry about other things.
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by okdluxresh(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
Cheavroi can you pls drop your contact for me and also can you be my seo expert here?
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by cheavroi(m): 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2015
okdluxresh:
Cheavroi can you pls drop your contact for me and also can you be my seo expert here?

Visit my site www.vtnssolutions.com to get the contact details or drop me a message using the contact form.

As per if I can be your seo expert, it will depend on a lot of things.
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by WebclickNG: 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2015
Webclick offers local SEO services for companies looking to enhance their local search engine presence. This days, it’s not enough to be the number 1 position in the search results anymore. Times are changing, and as they do, search engine results closely follow. As time goes on, Google continues to update search results based on user feedback and user behavior to give users exactly what they want, when they want — as conveniently and quickly as possible. You may also check out our organic SEO service.
Visit: http://webclick.com.ng/services/digital-marketing/local-seo-services/
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by WebclickNG: 6:26pm On Aug 24, 2015
Webclick offers local SEO services for companies looking to enhance their local search engine presence. This days, it’s not enough to be the number 1 position in the search results anymore. Times are changing, and as they do, search engine results closely follow. As time goes on, Google continues to update search results based on user feedback and user behavior to give users exactly what they want, when they want — as conveniently and quickly as possible. Check it out at [url]http://webclick.com.ng/services/digital-marketing/local-seo-services/
[/url]
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by crankie(m): 2:38pm On Mar 03, 2019
Hi @dokunbam

If you are really looking for an SEO expert in Nigeria, I would advise you go for Crank Digital. They are the best when it comes to SEO in Nigeria.
Re: Advice On SEO And SEO Expert by 9jaoncloud: 12:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
If you need free consult for your SEO( Search Engine Optimization) in Nigeria, check out 9jaoncloud.com.ng, i will personally be give you the best available advise and consult. Regards. Simeon. Free while offer lasts.

(1) (Reply)

Gurus In The House - I Think My Nairaland Account Have Been Hack. / For Joomla Developers,how Can You Add A Pdf/exe File Into A Joomla Website?! / What Is The Meaning Of Cc: Lalatisclala?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.