Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,813 members, 7,844,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (50000 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2013
GUD!Am also chalengd to brng more questnz'I AM QUITE CHALLENGED WIT UR QUESTIONS AND ANSAS HERE'
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sodium metal is easier to cut with a knife than a calcium metal bcus,a.its found in group 1 b.its nt totally considered as metal c.its soft d. its crystals r planar in shape
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
The type of dehiscent fruit in which each separat divided part contains a seed is,a.schizocarp b.follicle c.capsules d. Legumes
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2013
buzyguy: The type of dehiscent fruit in which each separat divided part contains a seed is,a.schizocarp b.follicle c.capsules d. Legumes

Both legumes and capsules separate divided part contains seeds...the only dfrnc z dat d earlier z made frm dfrnt carpels.....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 2:37pm On Mar 10, 2013
buzyguy: The type of dehiscent fruit in which each separat divided part contains a seed is,a.schizocarp b.follicle c.capsules d. Legumes
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 2:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
Remember in respiration..we breath in oxygen and breath out carbondioxide and water...meaning you release co2 and H2O into the air...in photosynthesis CO2 z used by plant and this lead to release of Oxygen by the plants...remember d cool breez you enjoy at bushy area at night...its due to release of oxygen by plants...remember alkaline pyrogallol is used in testing of oxygen in air....i.e photosynthesis release oxygen....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 3:48pm On Mar 10, 2013
Chck da questn vry well,ansa z there
mayorall:

Both legumes and capsules separate divided part contains seeds...the only dfrnc z dat d earlier z made frm dfrnt carpels.....
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
buzyguy: Chck da questn vry well,ansa z there

Yeah..buh there are two
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
Amoeba belong to which of the following phylum?.

A. Mastigophora
B. Sarcomastigophora
C. Sarcodina
D. Ciliophora
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by mayorall(m): 4:18pm On Mar 10, 2013
Which of the following will undergo substitution reaction?

A. C4H8
B. C7H16
C. C2H4
D. C8H16
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by olatosina(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
love u guys. Take dis.
which of dis do not react with N02
a. Sulphur nd candle
b. Ammonia nd lead
c. Copper nd benzene
d. Tetrachloromethane nd nephtaline
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 9:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Ansa,A
mayorall:

Yeah..buh there are two
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Scarcodina,bt itz subphyllum nau...2 remind u,brng jamb questns!
mayorall: Amoeba belong to which of the following phylum?.

A. Mastigophora
B. Sarcomastigophora
C. Sarcodina
D. Ciliophora
z there anytn lyk dat B?ur ansa C
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
B
mayorall: Which of the following will undergo substitution reaction?

A. C4H8
B. C7H16
C. C2H4
D. C8H16
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by olatosina(m): 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2013
olatosina: love u guys. Take dis.
a. Sulphur nd candle
b. Ammonia nd lead
c. Copper nd benzene
ans is A
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by olatosina(m): 9:39am On Mar 11, 2013
which of dis has banana smell
a. CH3COOC5H11
b. CH3COOC8H17
c. CH3COOC3H7
d. CH3COOC6H13
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by julius900(m): 10:51am On Mar 11, 2013
mayorall: The commercial production of Tetraoxosulphate (vi) acid is know as
a. vulcanization
b. contact process
c. Herber process
d. Isomerization
B-contact process
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
edreesabiodun: Which of the following is insoluble in water a) ethanol b) HCl c) ether d) NH3. (2) which of the ffg will form a white precipitate with AgNO3 a) Butane b) ethene c) ethyne d) benzene 3)ethene will change the colour of KMnO4 from purple to what in an alkaline medium a)brown, b)yellow c)green d) reddish brown
as for me,i think kMn04 is always decolourized from purple to colourless via additional reaction with ethene

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Michaellegend:
The first stage of treatment of water for township supply is sedimentation.
the first stage is coagulation i.e flucking together the dirts followed by sedimentation=selling of the dirt,followed by filtration=removal of dirt followed by disinfection=treatment of water by chlorination or any other means before it is supplied to town...
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2013
buzyguy: Watz da funtn of da mixture of argon-nitrogen in filling lamp filament or bulb?a.prevents reductn by air b.prevents oxidatn by co2 c.prevents blackening d.prevents rustn of da filament
i think there are two answers there,1=it prevent oxidation in filament lamp and then prevent blackening.but it seems both have thesame meaning chemicaly
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
buzyguy: Watz da funtn of calcium fluoride in the xtractn of ca?a.to prevent damag of electrdes b.to raise da meltn point of da electroly c.for economic purpose d.to reduce the rate of da reactn
i think CaF reduces the melting point during extraction of Ca
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2013
buzyguy: Sodium metal is easier to cut with a knife than a calcium metal bcus,a.its found in group 1 b.its nt totally considered as metal c.its soft d. its crystals r planar in shape
it's soft,(property of group 1 metal)
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2013
mayorall: Which of the following will undergo substitution reaction?

A. C4H8
B. C7H16
C. C2H4
D. C8H16
B (From alkane CnH2n+2)
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
olatosina: love u guys. Take dis.
a. Sulphur nd candle
b. Ammonia nd lead
c. Copper nd benzene
A
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 3:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
olatosina: which of dis has banana smell
a. CH3COOC5H11
b. CH3COOC8H17
c. CH3COOC3H7
d. CH3COOC6H13
i think is A
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Atesunate15(m): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Donsnazzy:
u r a big fool
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
Guy i'v a prob wiv diz question. . . . When taking a penalty kick,a footballer applies a force of 30.0N for a period of 0.05s.ifthe mass of the ball is 0.075kg,cal d speed with which the ball moves off.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 5:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Guy i'v a prob wiv diz question. . . . When taking a penalty kick,a footballer applies a force of 30.0N for a period of 0.05s.ifthe mass of the ball is 0.075kg,cal d speed with which the ball moves off.
A.4.50m/s b.11.25m/s c.20.00m/s d. 45.00 m/s
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav: Guy i'v a prob wiv diz question. . . . When taking a penalty kick,a footballer applies a force of 30.0N for a period of 0.05s.ifthe mass of the ball is 0.075kg,cal d speed with which the ball moves off.
A.4.50m/s b.11.25m/s c.20.00m/s d. 45.00 m/s
i solvd it lyk diz f=30N,T= 0.05S,M= 0.075kg,u=0...a=f/m;a=30/0.075;a=400
then i used s=ut+1/2at^2
s=1/2*400*0.0025
;s=0.5;using speed=distance/time;0.5/0.05=10. . . . And therez no 10 in d options,did i make a mistake?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 6:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav:
i solvd it lyk diz f=30N,T= 0.05S,M= 0.075kg,u=0...a=f/m;a=30/0.075;a=400
then i used s=ut+1/2at^2
s=1/2*400*0.0025
;s=0.5;using speed=distance/time;0.5/0.05=10. . . . And therez no 10 in d options,did i make a mistake?

Perhaps u were wrong. I think u unnecessarily prolonged a simple work.
Below is my little explanation to the question:

When a force f(N) is applied on a body of mass m(kg) for a given period of time t(s), the body gains momentum i.e, the massive body moves forward with a certain velocity. The gain in momentum is as a result of force which acts with time. With the already established fact, i can safely say that the gain in momentum is also as a result of impulse on the body. I believe u still remember that impulse is mathematically expressed as: force x time, ft. From law of conservation of energy, energy exhausted for exerted force on the body for a period of time = energy gained by the body to give it momentum.

Hence, impulse = momentum gained, i.e, ft = mv (where m=mass of the body, v = velocity gained. Of course, f is force and t is time taken)

Relating my explanation with the problem at hand, we have:

force exerted by the footballer = 30N, time taken = 0.05s, mass of ball = 0.075kg, velocity= ?.
Substituting:
30x0.05 = 0.075xV, 0.075V = 1.5 (divide both sides by 0.075)
0.075V/0.075 = 1.5/0.075
V = 20m/s.
Therefore, the velocity gained by the ball is 20m/s.

N:B, i only elaborated this much for u to understand what really happened, not that the question is really that difficult.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
ANDREW2EIC:

Perhaps u were wrong. I think u unnecessarily prolonged a simple work.
Below is my little explanation to the question:

When a force f(N) is applied on a body of mass m(kg) for a given period of time t(s), the body gains momentum i.e, the massive body moves forward with a certain velocity. The gain in momentum is as a result of force which acts with time. With the already established fact, i can safely say that the gain in momentum is also as a result of impulse on the body. I believe u still remember that impulse is mathematically expressed as: force x time, ft. From law of conservation of energy, energy exhausted for exerted force on the body for a period of time = energy gained by the body to give it momentum.

Hence, impulse = momentum gained, i.e, ft = mv (where m=mass of the body, v = velocity gained. Of course, f is force and t is time taken)

Relating my explanation with the problem at hand, we have:

force exerted by the footballer = 30N, time taken = 0.05s, mass of ball = 0.075kg, velocity= ?.
Substituting:
30x0.05 = 0.075xV, 0.075V = 1.5 (divide both sides by 0.075)
0.075V/0.075 = 1.5/0.075
V = 20m/s.
Therefore, the velocity gained by the ball is 20m/s.

N:B, i only elaborated this much for u to understand what really happened, not that the question is really that difficult.

Hope that helps!
thanks! I jst messd up!. . .neva knew momentum was = impulse

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (28) (Reply)

7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos) / FUTO Lecturer's Message To His Student Who Chose Kaduna For His IT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.