Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,415 members, 7,843,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb (49987 Views)

2015 WAEC Specimen (biology, Chemistry, Physics & Agric Science) Released. / Chemistry And Physics Tutorial Thread For Jamb And Postjamb / Please I Need A Link To Download, Biology , Chemistry And Physics Text Book (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav:
thanks!
U are welcome
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav:
I jst messd up!. . .neva knew momentum was = impulse

I woud rather say that u made mistake, but didn't mess up. Come on! Nobody is perfect, we make mistakes everyday. Just keep the good work up.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2013
ANDREW2EIC:

Perhaps u were wrong. I think u unnecessarily prolonged a simple work.
Below is my little explanation to the question:

When a force f(N) is applied on a body of mass m(kg) for a given period of time t(s), the body gains momentum i.e, the massive body moves forward with a certain velocity. The gain in momentum is as a result of force which acts with time. With the already established fact, i can safely say that the gain in momentum is also as a result of impulse on the body. I believe u still remember that impulse is mathematically expressed as: force x time, ft. From law of conservation of energy, energy exhausted for exerted force on the body for a period of time = energy gained by the body to give it momentum.

Hence, impulse = momentum gained, i.e, ft = mv (where m=mass of the body, v = velocity gained. Of course, f is force and t is time taken)

Relating my explanation with the problem at hand, we have:

force exerted by the footballer = 30N, time taken = 0.05s, mass of ball = 0.075kg, velocity= ?.
Substituting:
30x0.05 = 0.075xV, 0.075V = 1.5 (divide both sides by 0.075)
0.075V/0.075 = 1.5/0.075
V = 20m/s.
Therefore, the velocity gained by the ball is 20m/s.

N:B, i only elaborated this much for u to understand what really happened, not that the question is really that difficult.

Hope that helps!
wao @andrew,i've gained from that explanation of yours...
I think it can also be solved this way,
from the law of conservation of energy { F=Mv/t}
since f=30N,M=0.075kg,t=0.05
then make v the subject of the formula and solve.the final answer will be 20 N/s
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 8:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
t.boy007:
then make v the subject of the formula and solve.the final answer will be 20 N/s

U are on point my guy. If u multiply both sides of that ur equation by t, u wil get the same thing i used.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 8:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
t.boy007:
anoda method learnt,thanks
ANDREW2EIC:

I woud rather say that u made mistake, but didn't mess up. Come on! Nobody is perfect, we make mistakes everybody. Just keep the good work up.
thanks alot. . I jst learnt sumfin very valuable 4rm yu.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav:
anoda method learnt,thanks

thanks alot. . I jst learnt sumfin very valuable 4rm yu.

Honestly, u are such a great guy. Very flexible and willing to learn. These are the qualities that are lacking among us the students, but am really challanged. If you don't mind, which course are u aspiring for and ur preferred institutions?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
Ansa z A,cuz evry memba in da group hz an electrn in outa shell wich z responsible 4their reactivity likewis weak metallic bond
t.boy007:
it's soft,(property of group 1 metal)
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:37pm On Mar 11, 2013
Sum1 try ds,A Car of mass Mkg is accelratd uniformly frm rest by an engine power P.The minimum time it wil take to attain a speed V is,a.MV/P b.MV/2P c.MV^2/2P d.MV^2/P
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Simplefemo(m): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nemidav: Guy i'v a prob wiv diz question. . . . When taking a penalty kick,a footballer applies a force of 30.0N for a period of 0.05s.ifthe mass of the ball is 0.075kg,cal d speed with which the ball moves off.
A.4.50m/s b.11.25m/s c.20.00m/s d. 45.00 m/s
Newton 2nd law of motion, F=m(v-u)/t,
30=0.075*u/0.05
=20m/s (c)
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Only argn z used to prvnt oxidatn,nt mxture of argn nd nitrogn
t.boy007:
i think there are two answers there,1=it prevent oxidation in filament lamp and then prevent blackening.but it seems both have thesame meaning chemicaly
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
ANDREW2EIC:

Honestly, u are such a great guy. Very flexible and willing to learn. These are the qualities that are lacking among us the students, but am really challanged. If you don't mind, which course are u aspiring for and ur preferred institutions?
thanks 4 d nice words smiley. . . i'm goin 4 medicine,uniben. . . I filld d same tin last year bur i was 10% lower dan medicine's cutoff,i was given biology tho. . Bur i turned it down. . . . Wht about you?
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Yeah,sam as C i only twstd it!
t.boy007:
i think CaF reduces the melting point during extraction of Ca
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Simplefemo:
Newton 2nd law of motion, F=m(v-u)/t,
30=0.075*u/0.05
=20m/s (c)
thanks alot bro. . . GOD BLESS THIS THREAD
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
I cn see sum1 önline,plz dnt go widout leaving a questn
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by sagaciousblog: 5:26am On Mar 12, 2013
Obinnau: Answer is A cos the mitochondrion is the power house of the body and its found in d cells.
in this question,u r actually wrong...the answer is D
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 5:59am On Mar 12, 2013
Nemidav:
thanks 4 d nice words smiley. . . i'm goin 4 medicine,uniben. . . I filld d same tin last year bur i was 10% lower dan medicine's cutoff,i was given biology tho. . Bur i turned it down. . . . Wht about you?

Our good Lord will grant you your heart desire this year. Am going for electrical electronics engineering, futo is my 1st choice while ui is my 2nd. Nice to have u around here.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 6:15am On Mar 12, 2013
buzyguy: Sum1 try ds,A Car of mass Mkg is accelratd uniformly frm rest by an engine power P.The minimum time it wil take to attain a speed V is,a.MV/P b.MV/2P c.MV^2/2P d.MV^2/P

My real guy nice to meet u here.
The answer to ur question is c).
Reason: the power of the accelerated car = energy expended by the car/time taken.
But in this case, the energy of the car is all kinetic.
Hence, power(P) = k.e/time(T), P = 1/2MV^2/T. Multiplying both sides by T.
PxT = 1/2MV^2/TxT, PT = 1/2MV^2. Divide both sides by P.
PT/P = 1/2MV^2/P,
Therefore, T = MV^2/2P.

1 Like

Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2013
Yeah,whr av u bn snce?u r 2correct!
ANDREW2EIC:

My real guy nice to meet u here.
The answer to ur question is c).
Reason: the power of the accelerated car = energy expended by the car/time taken.
But in this case, the energy of the car is all kinetic.
Hence, power(P) = k.e/time(T), P = 1/2MV^2/T. Multiplying both sides by T.
PxT = 1/2MV^2/TxT, PT = 1/2MV^2. Divide both sides by P.
PT/P = 1/2MV^2/P,
Therefore, T = MV^2/2P.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by ANDREW2EIC(m): 7:46am On Mar 12, 2013
buzyguy: Yeah,whr av u bn snce?u r 2correct!

I have been around my guy, but didn't know the existence of this thread. I just found it yesterday. Anyways, how is jacking going over there? The D day is almost close
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 7:47am On Mar 12, 2013
Which of the follown atoms has the follwn,n=3,l=0,m=3orbitals,s=+1/2 or -1/2?a.Na b.Ne c.Al d.Si
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 7:52am On Mar 12, 2013
Yeah u r rite,bt i stil av lotz to do.may God See us tru!
ANDREW2EIC:

I have been around my guy, but didn't know the existence of this thread. I just found it yesterday. Anyways, how is jacking going over there? The D day is almost close
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 12, 2013
buzyguy: Which of the follown atoms has the follwn,n=3,l=0,m=3orbitals,s=+1/2 or -1/2?a.Na b.Ne c.Al d.Si
d question is incorect i tink d ans is a. Na since l=0 it means it is s subshell and it suppose 2 av m=0 m=3 refers 2 p orbital with
l=1
s=0(azimutal quantum l)
p=1 (azimutal quantum l)
d=2(azimutal quantum l)
f=3(azimutal quantum l)
remember m=-l,0l

s=0 (magnetic =1)
p=-1,0,1(magnetic no =3)
d= -2,-1,0,1,2(magnetic =5)

so l=0 can not av m=3 quantum number since l= 0 means s orbital also since p orbitals only av m=3
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:39am On Mar 12, 2013
Oh,thks 4ur observatn,itz a graphicl error.l=1 instead ov zero
larri: d question is incorect i tink d ans is a. Na since l=0 it means it is s subshell and it suppose 2 av m=0 m=3 refers 2 p orbital with
l=1
s=0(azimutal quantum l)
p=1 (azimutal quantum l)
d=2(azimutal quantum l)
f=3(azimutal quantum l)
remember m=-l,0l

s=0 (magnetic =1)
p=-1,0,1(magnetic no =3)
d= -2,-1,0,1,2(magnetic =5)

so l=0 can not av m=3 quantum number since l= 0 means s orbital also since p orbitals only av m=3
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:49am On Mar 12, 2013
Wot type of hybridizatn does graphite conform?a.sp b.sp2 c.sp3 d.sp3d
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 10:55am On Mar 12, 2013
Which molecule hz da least chemical reactivity?a.N b.Cl c.O d.iodine
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by buzyguy: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2013
The likely dude,who needs a thorough nd effective psychiatric attention among our posterz here is ,a.mayorall b.buzyguy c.tboy d.donsnazzy.
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 11:50am On Mar 12, 2013
buzyguy: Which of the follown atoms has the follwn,n=3,l=0,m=3orbitals,s=+1/2 or -1/2?a.Na b.Ne c.Al d.Si
the value of L can't be 0 since n=3,so L must be definately =2
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 11:56am On Mar 12, 2013
buzyguy: Which molecule hz da least chemical reactivity?a.N b.Cl c.O d.iodine
a N2 requires +3 which is the highest in the above list to obtain a stable octet configuration
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by tboy08: 12:21pm On Mar 12, 2013
What is the composition of the alloy duraluminium.
a)al,cu,co,fe
b)al,mg,mn,fe
c)al,ni,c,di
d)al,Na,fe,zn

in a light spectrum,which colour has the highest speed?
a)green
b)red
c)blue
d)violet
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Simplefemo(m): 2:39pm On Mar 12, 2013
t.boy007:
What is the composition of the alloy duraluminium.
a)al,cu,co,fe
b)al,mg,mn,fe
c)al,ni,c,di
d)al,Na,fe,zn

in a light spectrum,which colour has the highest speed?
a)green
b)red
c)blue
d)violet
1.B
2.B
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Simplefemo(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Exponential increase in the population of an organism is a characteristic feature of
a. binary fission
b. sexual reproduction
c. budding
d. vegetative propagation

2. A fundamental similarity between nervous and hormonal system is that both
a. involve chemical transmission
b.have widespread effects
c.shed chemicals intothe blood stream
d.evoke rapid responses.

3. 5g of oven dried soil was heated in a furnace for 24 hours. After cooling, it weighed 4.8g. What is the amount of humus in the soil
a. 40.0g per 100g dry soil
b. 4.4g per 100g dry soil
c. 4.0g per 100g dry soil
d. 0.4g per 100g dry soil.

4. During cell division, the two strands of chromosomes are joined at a point called
a. Spindle
b. Chromatid
c. Centromere
d. Aster
Re: Biology, Chemistry and Physics tutorial thread for jamb by Nemidav(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2013
ANDREW2EIC:

Our good Lord will grant you your heart desire this year. Am going for electrical electronics engineering, futo is my 1st choice while ui is my 2nd. Nice to have u around here.
yu too. . .tot ui is a federal uni??

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (28) (Reply)

Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / 8-Year-Old Zamfara Girl Who Treks 2KM To School Gets A Bicycle Gift (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.