Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions (14237 Views)

Just 34 Lions Are Left In Nigeria As West African Lion Population Declines / Woman Kisses Two Lions In South Africa (VIDEO And Pictures) / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by livebullet(m): 5:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
We had our own inventions too as kids growin in rural 9igerian setting but we neva got a TED invitation or even local recognition dey jus applied my innovation witout recognozing d innovator.....#sad# well kid u lucky.

Mine was i devised a way of bringing snakes outta dia burrows n guided dem into a trap d@ will snap as soon as dey get into it....i think its time to commercialize d@ my childhood innovation.Patency Please!

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Nobody: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
good
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by jeffizy(m): 5:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
mikeyhernadez: you be big fool_masai na black
It is civil to maturely make your point. Getting aggressive when corrected is a sign of inferiority complex.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by SuyaEater(m): 5:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
samson killed a lion with his bare hands not david.......jeez
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Decryptor(m): 5:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
If na naija pikin, wetin im go invent na Lion trap to kill the lions and from there start "lion-nkwobi" bizness undecided
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Ejine(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=16pt]SHUT UP MONKEY! WE ARE TRIBESMEN AND INDIVIDUALS NOT AKATA SLAVES! CALL US BY OUR ID! [/size] angry angry angry angry

Thank you. You're a true son of the soil.
Can't believe people are so happy to live by the fake name given to them by those melanin-deficient piglet bastaards from Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Symphony007: 6:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
And there are dozens of kids in nigeria today with superb talents but no one seem to care yet we claim we want to be one of the most industralized nations on earth by 2020. Do the government think we can achieve that with outside investments alone? Let's wake up.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by groovie(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
chiover: Good thinking,good product. Shing cging hung, shing hum hong

lol, its yoshina yo kangi
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by great063(m): 6:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
Cool,kudos dude.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by huninaija(f): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2013
Brilliant boy, his future is bright. We need to encourage more of such amongst our young, promising minds...
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by TUMIC(m): 7:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
Kids in Nija's Discovery:
Discovery channel.
Facebook
2go
Super story
Add more.....
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by free2ryhme: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=32pt]NOT BLACK GENIUS! MASAAI GENIUS!

STOP RACISM![/size]
angry angry angry angry angry angry

the boy is brown colour. angry

which one be brown again ooo grin
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Chynx(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

[size=16pt]SHUT UP MONKEY! WE ARE TRIBESMEN AND INDIVIDUALS NOT AKATA SLAVES! CALL US BY OUR ID! [/size] angry angry angry angry

Some people like fight pass quarrel o...
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by kingzson1: 9:24pm On Mar 01, 2013
Smart kid
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Parisfran(f): 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nice, Very nice indeed. The boy's shoe at the conference is what picked my attention though.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
This boy wey dey strategize for Lion like this...
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by 190theclown: 9:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
Popowaa: Lol,u wan kill me with laugh abi.u fit run self?

angry angry
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by AlhajiPastor: 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2013
A KID INVENTED SOMETHING THAT THRILLED THE WORLD, AND SOME ADULTS ARE HERE FIGHTING ON WHO IS BLACK, WHITE, BROWN AND MASAI? HMM WHAT AN IRONY!

1 Like

Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by dokunbam(m): 11:33pm On Mar 01, 2013
interesting engineering
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by braine(m): 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Local people invent things every day! This is like one in thousands of local inventions. The boy is simply lucky. Plus, how long have they used the light work?
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 02, 2013
Donlittle: Why are people hating?

they are black.
what do you expect? tongue grin
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 02, 2013
handsome lil genius. kiss

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1006734_413696_jpg71aeee3b9a0f978bfa187860a6c62c7a

he's successfully achieved in three years what those before him
never took into consideration or knew.

he's truly God sent. smiley
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Solozzo(m): 3:34am On Mar 02, 2013
ezeuba:
Dude you got me rotflmao... Seriously, that would be the best invention so far, if it could scare armed robbers too... LOL...

If you can design the system to include a criminal recognizing capacity, and make the LED lights discharge an electric voltage on the criminal when they approach your premises. With a little innovation and much thinking and hard work one may come with eg link with cameras to detect gun carriers. Then flash with a voltage. That would scare armed robbers.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Solozzo(m): 3:41am On Mar 02, 2013
Paris-fran:
Nice, Very nice indeed. The boy's shoe at the conference is what picked my attention though.

Me too! Loved his shoes and jeans!
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Solozzo(m): 4:00am On Mar 02, 2013
Symphony007: And there are dozens of kids in nigeria today with superb talents but no one seem to care yet we claim we want to be one of the most industralized nations on earth by 2020. Do the government think we can achieve that with outside investments alone? Let's wake up.

The difference b/w naija kids invention and that of Turere is that his had been tried tested and found to be working. Most of the naija kids invention just end on TELEVISION shows. They also need to have relevant economic value and environmentally safe eg a boy in Tanzania singlehandedly made a windmill from local materials eg bicycle wheel and other things. It produced electricity for lights and charges mobile phones.not as if there was no windmill beforehand but he made it from reading a simple Book in the village library and had not seen one before. He was about 14 years of age then, made several models and became the toast of American inventors. He may have finished his studies by now in the USA and hopes to work in Africa developing energy machines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Solozzo(m): 4:08am On Mar 02, 2013
Decryptor: If na naija pikin, wetin im go invent na Lion trap to kill the lions and from there start "lion-nkwobi" bizness undecided

Laugh out loud. You nko?
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by infogenius(m): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2013
iv4fb: Now, that's what I call 'CREATIVITY'
Yep,he discovered only one thing and that is lions are scared of moving lights.
It takes a discovery for a recovery.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2013
So touching..
About time we started valuing positively innovative use of our young minds.
I'm so happy for him.
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by Adeyeancah(m): 11:20pm On Mar 02, 2013
Keneking: nansence...writing in small caps.
nonsense isn't spelt that way bros....
Re: Teenager Uses Lights To Protect Livestock From Lions by veesuccess01: 5:36pm On Nov 05, 2013
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS SALES!!!!!

Vin-keke Nigeria Ent. located at the New Auto Spare Parts Market, along Owo-Benin Express way Akure, Ondo State, is selling tricycles (Keke Napep) at special give-away prices. TVS T-KINGS selling for N380,000 and Banjo (India Model) selling for N350,000. Brand new.

We deliver to any part of the country, except, boko haram infected area, within 48 hours of purchase from our stable. We accept part payments, as well as payment on delivery (on conditions please). Contact us today on 08051574147 or 08131832480.

The best part of the deal is that we deliver to your doorstep, in any part of the country. First in Nigeria!!!

Vin-Keke Nigeria Ent.
Shop stand D1 Heavens Line
New Auto Spare Parts Market
Owo-Benin Express way. Akure
Ondo state.

Vincent A.I
Manager

(1) (2) (Reply)

Elon Musk Deletes Telsa and SpaceX's Facebook Page / Design And Build Of A Pure Sine Wave Inverter / Whatsapp, BBM For PC Download, Whatsapp For Computer (windows 7/8/vista/xp)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.