Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination (886 Views)

An Atheist View On "God's Plan" / RCCG, E.A. Adeboye (and All Other Churches) - Free Will Or Predestination? / How Do I Come To Know What God's Plan For My Life Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by JayFK(m): 2:36am On Mar 19, 2008
Does anyone actually believe that "God has a plan for your life"? I've heard this phrase thrown around a lot. Does anyone think life has a purpose? I always notice the same trend or at least the predominance of it: Go to school, meet chick in university, make money, get married, have children, raise children then you die and the circle continues. Seems pretty mundane to me, the insignificance of it all.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by JayFK(m): 10:37pm On Mar 19, 2008
so No Christian or M'uslim believes "God" has a plan?
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2008
If it is so mundane and insignificant, you shouldn't see anything wrong in committing suicide.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by JayFK(m): 1:09am On Mar 20, 2008
stillwater:

If it is so mundane and insignificant, you shouldn't see anything wrong in committing suicide.

If someone I don't know wants to commit suicide then by all means go ahead.

Anyways this is not an Issue. My question was "Does anyone actually believe that God Has a plan for us" I'd like to know why you think so.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2008
Well it bothers me when people commit suicide. You sound as if you lack passion for life with how you summarized why we exist, check yourself boy. Just a friendly advice. smiley

@ post
If you don't believe in Jesus---eternal damnation
If you do believe and keep his commandments--- eternal life
He sure does have a plan for everyone
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by ajadrage: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2008
JayFK:

Does anyone actually believe that "God has a plan for your life"?

Yes he does, that plan is currently being unfolded and would yield appropriate fruits when the part two of life commences, that is when his kingdom begins to exert rulership and authority over all the earth. It's a considerably small time considering the entire length of human history. While we're here, we need not be despondent as the life is like a test of faith. okay, adam sinned, lets all just blame it on him, but your life gives you the chance to prove that had you been adam, what would you have done under the circumstance.

prove yourself worthy of his grace and no matter the strife and struggles that this life presents to you, never succomb to the wiles of the wicked one.

suicide, that is taking the easier route, y'all are much stronger than that okay? grin
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by olabowale(m): 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2008
Predestination was what Jesus in the Bible was trying to change in his "Prayer at Garden of Gashamene" and his crying out of "My God, My God, why hads though forsaken me," on the cross. I am using your Bible now.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 21, 2008
Where are you heading to ?
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by 4Him(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2008
stillwater:

Where are you heading to ?

Allow him to fumble his way to his own downfall.

Alhaji pls continue ur sermon.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by olabowale(m): 11:38pm On Mar 21, 2008
@4Him: Aburo, Oti de. Pele. You eat no meat today. Good deal. Thee is no fumbling in my statement above. Was it not Predestination, according to the Bible that Jesus already knew he will be hung/killed, so that you, the believers in such an event be ransomed? Or lived? I thought that was the reason he was sent, as the begotten son? No?

So when he was begging in his prayer at the garden of geshemane and the crying out on the cross, were truly against the spirit of predestination, that has been put on his head. No?

Over to you, David.

And Stillwater, you are right. Where am I heading? I guess my writing is directly in line with the topic: Predestination. Think about it.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by 4Him(m): 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2008
olabowale:

So when he was begging in his prayer at the garden of geshemane and the crying out on the cross, were truly against the spirit of predestination, that has been put on his head. No?

Over to you, David.

Christ came to earth as both fully God and fully man. As God he forgave sins, healed the sick, raised the dead, brought salvation to our hearts and died on the cross for our ransom . . .
As man he was hungry, he slept, he felt pain, he was tired, he pleaded that the cup of the cross would pass over Him

BUT here is the clincher . . . while you sir are stuck mocking His tears at gethsemane, that same Jesus bore His cross, took His stripes and died on the cross for you and me. That same Jesus is risen and is seated on the throne of heaven.

While you mock about Him wishing the cup to pass over Him, He has already partaken of the cup and paid the price.
Dear sir, stop looking back to 2000yrs ago.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 21, 2008
And Stillwater, you are right. Where am I heading? I guess my writing is directly in line with the topic: Predestination. Think about it.

What is God's plan for your own life? Do you even know where you are heading to? Its funny how you guys say you acknowledge Jesus and any moment you get to say something about Him is to mock him. mmmh, who are we deceiving?
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by olabowale(m): 12:25am On Mar 22, 2008
@Stillwater: InshaAllah, I will enter Paradise. I think you forgot that Mus"lims say that Jesus did not die and was not hung! And Jesus was not a son of God, nor a partner of God or a third of God!

What the Mus:lims have continued to do is to open the eye of your soul to see the fault of your head; thoughts. Just imagine a god that has a son and turn the son loose for sinners to kill him. Then it is not guaranteed that all those sinners will go to paradise. You will be left to ask if that god was truly a God! You will be wondering why killing a son, yet the strangers will not be guaranteed safety.

This is the issue my sister. Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 1:58am On Mar 22, 2008
Jesus knew he was going to die as a sacrificial lamb for my sins and yours Olabowale , yet He still submitted himself by saying: that if it were possible, that the cup should pass over him, however since He knew it was God's will that He must die , He willfully accepted the fact He must die for the salvation of man.

Jesus as a "son of man" was not an hypocrite (like you and I) so He didn't lie about His own will!

He truthfully felt the pain and the anguish of having to become the sacrificial lamb for man, yet despite all the temptations that He put through as a man (which the bible truthfully revealed to us), He still did not sin, rather He still submitted Himself to the will of His Father.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by olabowale(m): 3:17am On Mar 22, 2008
@SysUser: Am laughing at your entry. Its kinda show your heart; very confused. Its not showing cognitive thoughts. Your god is god. Yet he is begging God, Who is his Lord. your god is son. Yet his father is refusing him! Your god is man. At the same time he is god? Wait a minute, can you run that by me, again? It just does not make any sense! lol.

If you can take this kinda confusion, no wonder staright talk is very difficult for you to understand. O da ro. Olorun a ji wa ree o.
Re: God's Plan For Your Life Aka Predestination by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 22, 2008
This guy is funny. Olabowale is actually telling someone that straight talk is difficult to understand? Lmao. I don't even understand two thirds of what you write. What an irony? I can see that the issue of the son is really troubling you, sorry. E ma bi nu sir grin grin grin grin

Even Nebuchadnezzar looked into the fiery furnace and said "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." Daniel 3:25

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is Coming Soonest / On God's Omniscience - Abraham And The Stayed Sacrifice Of Isaac / Pastor Scales Fence To Evade Arrest- Touch Not My Annointed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.