Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) (10068 Views)

Mother Of Three Vomits Cocaine At Abuja Airport (photo) / I Train My Kids With Drug Proceeds –suspect (pictured) / A Nigerian Caught With Drug At Australian Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
A 22-year-old Nigerian, who lives in Thailand, Ilechukwu Ejikonye Jude, has been apprehended with 1.295kg of substances found to be methamphetamine on his way to Thailand.

The drug, hidden inside the luggage of the suspect, was detected during the screening of passengers on Ethiopian Airline flight at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos.

The suspect has confessed to investing N750,000 in drug trafficking.

Speaking on the development, the Lagos airport commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mr Hamza Umar, said the drug was carefully hidden in the suspects’ luggage.

According to Ilechukwu, who said he was lured into the drug deal by a friend he met in Thailand, “I am a businessman. I relocated to Thailand last year where I buy goods and send to Nigeria. It was in Thailand that I met a man who introduced me to drug business.

“He gave my number to his partner in Lagos who lodged me in a hotel. They made me to offer N750,000 as my contribution and promised me a handsome reward on arrival in Thailand. My focus was on the profit that will accrue to me, it was when I was arrested that I realised I had made a big mistake.”

Also, a 36-year-old suspected drug trafficker, Akpata Martin Chukwudi, who was given $800 for ingesting 20 wraps of cocaine, while narrating his ordeal, said he ingested the drug in Brazil and was apprehended at the Lagos Airport.

While he was on observation, the suspect allegedly excreted 20 wraps of cocaine weighing 350 grammes.

“I saw hell trying to ingest the drugs in Brazil. They brought about 100 wraps but I was only able to ingest 20. They were angry and disappointed but the more I force myself, the more difficult it was for me to swallow.

“Eventually, they gave me $800 in anger instead of $5,000. I actually decided to smuggle drugs because I needed money to settle my mother’s hospital bill”.

NDLEA chairman, Ahmadu Giade, said the agency would investigate all cases and bring drug culprits to justice.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6181-thailand-based-nigerian-caught-with-drug-at-lagos-airport
http://alabamauncut..com/2013/02/22-year-old-thailand-based-nigerian.html

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by omayyi: 8:29pm On Feb 28, 2013
An industrious young lad. They're quite industrious in that part of country, aint they?

4 Likes

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2013
omayyi :
An industrious young lad. They're quite industrious in that part of country, aint they?

Yes we are grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 28, 2013
**BO grin
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2013
sheyie2007: **BO grin
grin
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by ifyalways(f): 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2013
Shame.

Young bloods wasting away all because of ego!
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Tolexander: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2013
what is the problem with the OP? Why must you embolden the name to make people know the tribe he is from?
But ikechukwu! Your scope aint interesting enough.

1 Like

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 28, 2013
Tolexander: what is the problem with the OP? Why must you embolden the name to make people know the tribe he is from?
But ikechukwu! Your scope aint interesting enough.

What is wrong with bolding his name? Someone on NL may know him personally, hence I did that cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2013
I am tired of dis get rich quick or die trying, wateva happened to education.

Maybe the quality is just too low. Wat a waste.

1 Like

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Tolexander: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2013
pDude:

What is wrong with bolding his name? Someone on NL may know him personally, hence I did that cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
why then did you normalise it?
You want me to be feeling that my brother has disgraced me again?

1 Like

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by reporter1: 11:35pm On Feb 28, 2013
Another one of "them" caught. Even before I opened the page, I knew he would be one "them people"
If they are not carrying drugs, they are kidnapping or armed-robbing innocent people.

7 Likes

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by 50calibre(m): 3:58pm On Mar 01, 2013
He should thank his God he was apprehended in Nigerian, because if he were to be apprehended in Thailand, he would be facing the death penalty.

3 Likes

Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by blackmale(m): 4:10pm On Mar 01, 2013
these same set of tribe all the time,,, smh..they will never learn...mtchew..
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by Next2Bezee(m): 4:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
They would never realize its a mistake until they are caught... angry
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by 1dickatatime: 4:14pm On Mar 01, 2013
Na wa oo, 22 year old boy with so much energy and opportunities in his future.
Re: Thailand-based Nigerian Caught With Drug At Lagos Airport (PHOTO) by blackmale(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
thank your star SAY NO BE FOR THAILAND DEM CATCH YOU,,,,NA DIE BE THAT OOO,,,you are very lucky to be alive claiming to be a business man...all tribes re doing drug business in nigeria,,, but the truth is 8 out of 10 is IGBO!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Defamation: Maxwell Opara Files N10 Billion Suit Against Twitter, DSS / Robber Arrested For Violating 75yr Old Woman In Ondo / Police Accused Of Collecting N350,000 To Cover Up Teenager’s Death Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.