Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement (8110 Views)

PDP Faults Fashola's Criticism Of Good Governance Tour / Good Governance Tour Ill-conceived – Fashola / Oshiomhole Wont Use State Resources For Good Governance Tour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by gisoj: 2:28pm On Mar 01, 2013
My problem with the good governance tour is that Labaran Maku was asking the governors to fund their expenses for the tour running into millions of Naira. Since he is the one who wants to inspect the projects, his ministry should have provided the money for the tour instead of asking money from the governors.If a governor pays them the millions they are asking for the tour and during the tour they are able to see that the governor is not performing what will they tell the public? Since the governor sponsor their tour they will surely praise him even though he is not doing well. That is why i dont believe the good governance tour, it's just a jamboree. Truly, i dont need any tour for me to know if my president or governor is performing. I dont need any tour for me to know that the federal government is currently repairing the lagos apapa expressway,I dont need any tour for me to know that the federal government is repairing the railway system likewise i dont need any tour for me to know that lagos state government is massively constructing road in Ikorodu,okota Ejigbo etc. I dont need any tour for me to know that lagos state government is providing clean and portable water in Agodo Egbe where i live. still i dont need the tour to tell me that the minister for Aviation is really doing very well.They all have their publicity departments whose duty it is to tell the public what they are doing and it's for the public to agree with them or not. I dont believe in attacking individuals but i believe in what i see. whether Jonathan or Fashola, whether PDP or ACN none of them is saint all i want is good governance and if you are found wanting you will meet us at the poll in the next election.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

I thought I was having an intelligent and healthy debate with you but you just took us to the beer parlour! That's not my arena! I am a gladiator! Sorry! LOL!
I knew you were going to chicken out! No be today!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 2:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: I knew you were going to chicken out! No be today!

Haven't you noticed I don't engage trolls, low lifes and minors again on NL? LOL!

I am not that addicted to NL! Am only interested in intelligent debates. If you have one, we can engage. If not, I move on. I don't do sentiments.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by nkemKalu: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2013
WHAT OF JONATHAN WHO SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO DO ONLY ONE TERM WITH THE GOVERNORS AND IS NOW BLACKMAILING THE GOVERNORS AND TALKING ALL FORMS OF RUBBISH. FASHOLA SHOULD FORGET THAT RUBBISH OF GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR JARE.....
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

Haven't you noticed I don't engage trolls, low lifes and minors again on NL? LOL!

I am not that addicted to NL! Am only interested in intelligent debates. If you have one, we can engage. If not, I move on. I don't do sentiments.
Why kick up a fuss over nothing? This isn't our first time of engaging, and I have noticed that you can give but can't take! I knew you were going to opt out, immediately you passed the blame on the masses! Well, Whatever lifts your luggage! Thanks cool!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by ocelot2006(m): 3:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: The governments of Borno and Yobe also asked Maku not to visit their respective states, and they are not ACN governors! Leaders not keeping to their word isn't strange, after all, some people are accusing the president of the same thing! Adhering to a Gentlemanly agreement is not constitutional, so is the NGGT!

I can't say I'm suprised about Yobe state. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to show there, xcept Islamic extremism, tonnes of almajiris, and madrassas. But the state cannot stop the Good Governance Tour from visiting and inspecting FG funded projects there. 'same goes for Borno state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by ocelot2006(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2013
Vavavoom:

The foolish thing about the ACN pull out? It has already created a sourgrape feeling and the tag of losers in the public domain. It also affords us, the electorate to decipher in a small way the mind of the opposition. Truly if development and progressivism of the nation as they preach is at the heart of their fight, then it should be a spur on that a challenge has been thrown by the pdp in ACN's face. If I were ACN I will run with pdp in their program and highligt their failures,examine the cost/project -make same public, take exeprience on how they can better same in states they control. That is the job of the opposition. TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE WEAK PERFORMANCE INDICES OF THE RULING PARTY AND HIGHLIGTING HOW THEY CAN BE IMPROVED. PDP inadvertently called them to come and evaluate but, and perhaps the fear that similar shortfallings will be discovered with the ACN domain made them have cold feet.

IT is time they, ACN step up their game and not just seek power for power sake. If they cannot take advantage of the fumblings of the ruling pdp, what difference are we to expect?

Mister, I owe you a carton of beer. Excellent post.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by ocelot2006(m): 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: Those benefiting from the fraudulent program on this forum, should please give us a break. Its bad enough that they are been paid DTA' from tax payers fund for the jamboree, but to forcefully shove it down our throats is a No-No!

It has been clearly stated in different posts that the Good Governance Tour was not imposed on anyone. So why the fuss? And please do tell, how's it being forced down your throats?
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by ocelot2006(m): 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
A-ZeD:

I don't care how many roads they are building or railway tracks they are laying, all i care is my street is tarred or not, if the bulb in my light comes on or not and i'm pretty sure iya Basira, mama Chukwudi, baba Saliu, papa Emeka don't also care.
I don't want to feel governments in newspapers or tv screens, i want to see with my own eyes and i want it to affect my life. Every other thing is propaganda and a waste of money.

So, the repairs of our road networks and other transport systems used to haul tonnes of goods and millions of Pax, the construction of new power generation plants, substations that power our homes and businesses, and other major projects highlighted during the GGT are all waste of money, abi?

Btw, if you have an issue with the road outside your home, blame your state governor or LGA chairman, not the FG.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Nobody: 3:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]Y'all shouldn't worry just yet, it's when the GGT visits Lagos you'll all know that the current Oshodi-Apapa exp way project, the flyover @ cele b/stop, the repair work at 3rd mainland bridge, Ikorodu exp.way road and lighting project, Lagos-Badagry exp way road and rail project, turnaround modification of Lagos Island CBD, the remodelling of the Airports in Lag and current construction of a New Airport & Sea port in Ibeju Lekki, and many more as all FGN projects, that's when y'all will ask what more Uncle Fash is doing.
Even the state Sucurity outfits and gadjets are being funded by FG, Banks, Oil $ Telecomms companies, Hotels and many private individuals like u and I in the LSSTF.
Well, whether he likes it or not, the GGT is still coming to Lagos and there's absolutely nothing he or anyone else can do about that, 'cos the last time I checked, Lagos state is owned by Nigerians and the FG, not by the clo.wns in CAN or is it APC now.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by jt2010: 3:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
ocelot2006:

So, the repairs of our road networks and other transport systems used to haul tonnes of goods and millions of Pax, the c[b]onstruction of new power generation plants[/b], substations that power our homes and businesses, and other major projects highlighted during the GGT are all waste of money, abi?

Btw, if you have an issue with the road outside your home, blame your state governor or LGA chairman, not the FG.

Can u mention about just two new power generations plants started by the GEJ Administration!!!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
nkem Kalu: WHAT OF JONATHAN WHO SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO DO ONLY ONE TERM WITH THE GOVERNORS AND IS NOW BLACKMAILING THE GOVERNORS AND TALKING ALL FORMS OF RUBBISH. FASHOLA SHOULD FORGET THAT RUBBISH OF GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR JARE.....
As an adult I should expect more. Plz show us that AGREEMENT or you my friend, should say what u know next time.
Even those in PDP haeve been asked to bring forth the agreement for a reward, they couldn't, na u!
Fashola can forget abt d GGT but he too knows he has no iota of power to stop them from coming into Lagos to inspect ALL the FG projects that he(Fashola) takes glory in; u just be ready to vex ur anger on him when the GGT comes to town, I was also deceived.
Abegi...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by tomakint: 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Fashola is an hypocrite then.
You couldn't have said it better! He is indeed one of the deepest dye!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Vavavoom(m): 3:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
nkem Kalu: WHAT OF JONATHAN WHO SIGNED AN AGREEMENT TO DO ONLY ONE TERM WITH THE GOVERNORS AND IS NOW BLACKMAILING THE GOVERNORS AND TALKING ALL FORMS OF RUBBISH. FASHOLA SHOULD FORGET THAT RUBBISH OF GOOD GOVERNANCE TOUR JARE.....

Jonathan may or may not have signed any pact with his co-devils, frankly I don't give 2 hoots because it wouldn't matter in the larger scheme of things if we have an alternative opposition who do a thorough grounds work and build proper democratic institutions within their party. As it stands there's nothing pointing to any smidgeon of difference ideologically between the APC and PDP. All are a bunch of self-serving-power-seeking bandits hoping to feast from the electorate apathy for the ruling pdp.

Ask yourself these simple questions:

How accountable are the present opposition memebers in both houses to their constituencies? Some only go back on the eve of another election!

When monies are being shared by the ''corrupt pdp'' in both houses, do these righteous ACN/CPC people not take part?
We've had too many of these moments to be fooled...electorates need to decipher and ask questions of what has gone before, demand answers and be prepared for these thieving elites such that while they prepare their lessons in legislooting we can decipher who we seek that can bring us desired change. No be party matter, na INDIVIDUAL.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by jt2010: 4:07pm On Mar 01, 2013
Gabbysky:
As an adult I should expect more. Plz show us that AGREEMENT or you my friend, should say what u know next time.
Even those in PDP haeve been asked to bring forth the agreement for a reward, they couldn't, na u!
Fashola can forget abt d GGT but [s]he too knows he has no iota of power to stop them from coming into Lagos to inspect ALL the FG projects that he(Fashola) takes glory in; [/s]u just be ready to vex ur anger on him when the GGT comes to town, I was also deceived.
Abegi...

They are free to tour Lagos as they want but some road in Lagos are toll so no free toll gate pass for them grin Or u think Lagos State government can be compare to the FG that stop movement of ACN support into the Abuja all in the name of politics.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
jt2010:

They are free to tour Lagos as they want but some road in Lagos are toll so no free toll gate pass for them grin
Okay na! When the GGT-guys get to the toll gates make d operators lock dem tongue, u neva hear say for some Govs, the fear of GGT is d beginning of wisdom gringrin.
But seriously, I'll so love to see the Drama that will unfold when they visit Lagos, that's why they are saving it for the last, hahahaha... grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope: The character of a man will always come to the fore no matter how much he pretends to be something else.

Fashola agreed to fuel subsidy removal and turned around and betrayed the agreement

Fashola used okada during his governorship campaign and turned on them after he became governor

Fashola had an agreement with doctors before the election and reneged after the election and went ahead and fired all 788 of them when they protested

Now again, Fashola agrees to good governance tour then turns around and betrays it again. Tells a lot about the man's character.
shouldn't u be @ the vatican,trying to get elected as the last pope? All you do is spend time on nl! Na wa o!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by talk2s(m): 4:40pm On Mar 01, 2013
oddy4real:
Show us the satellite pictures Mr Musiwa

Very good man, let that musi... of a man present to us both fact and figures and stop making empty accusations
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by DVanguard: 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
dammytosh:
Fashoa and ACN have always been.

Recall how Tinubu betrayed electorates a night before election by endorsing Jonathan.

If a night before election Tinubu betrayed electorates it tells alot about you IQ. Dont insult nigerians. We decided to vote for goodluck not Tinubu. he saw the Handwriting and played to it so that it wont wither his strenght. I guess u are a kid/young man who just sink any thing thrown to you without thinking about it. Bro's grow up
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 01, 2013
gisoj: My problem with the good governance tour is that Labaran Maku was asking the governors to fund their expenses for the tour running into millions of Naira. Since he is the one who wants to inspect the projects, his ministry should have provided the money for the tour instead of asking money from the governors.If a governor pays them the millions they are asking for the tour and during the tour they are able to see that the governor is not performing what will they tell the public? Since the governor sponsor their tour they will surely praise him even though he is not doing well. That is why i dont believe the good governance tour, it's just a jamboree. Truly, i dont need any tour for me to know if my president or governor is performing. I dont need any tour for me to know that the federal government is currently repairing the lagos apapa expressway,I dont need any tour for me to know that the federal government is repairing the railway system likewise i dont need any tour for me to know that lagos state government is massively constructing road in Ikorodu,okota Ejigbo etc. I dont need any tour for me to know that lagos state government is providing clean and portable water in Agodo Egbe where i live. still i dont need the tour to tell me that the minister for Aviation is really doing very well.They all have their publicity departments whose duty it is to tell the public what they are doing and it's for the public to agree with them or not. I dont believe in attacking individuals but i believe in what i see. whether Jonathan or Fashola, whether PDP or ACN none of them is saint all i want is good governance and if you are found wanting you will meet us at the poll in the next election.

when objectivity is sacrificed on the alter of tribalism, you get a situation were followers are being misled by their respective representatives all in the name of tribalism. while i wont blame the representatives for their seemingly unbiased preference for a candidate from their ethnicity, I would lay the blame at the feet of the followers who are daily being deceived by their chosen representatives. While they put up an innocent look to stylishly cover up their antics the underlying reason for their affiliations is not far from the divide and rule syndrome which creates an environment for the corruption to thrive.

Way forward ?
The people themselves should decide if they would continue the status quo with nothing to show for their tribal affiliations, a situation in which successive politicians continue to take advantage of the populace, in each case silencing them with cash or threats, to the point that the people have developed thick skins and would not be bothered with what is happening as long as they are not involved directly. They would rather buy a generator, instead of holding the government responsible for power generation.
or
Decide to take their destiny into their own hands by voting for the right candidates. while in the case of Nigeria, everyone would profess to be saints until proven otherwise and it is a risky business to trust an untested hand, it is a better alternative. Because the present crop of politicians in this country are involved in corruption in one form or the other.

while the tour is a great idea which could improve the awareness and educate the people on different projects in the country, it has been taken over by sycophants whom are hell bent on taking the glory for themselves, this is evident in the inclusion of the pictures of innosson in the tour itself. A project which is owned by a private individual. It baffles me why the government would want to take glory for basic projects like good roads and educational facilities, like they are doing us the people a huge favor by approving such projects.

Fashola has done the right thing expected of any man that has his integrity at stake.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Hardfact: 8:01pm On Mar 01, 2013
take dat: The governments of Borno and Yobe also asked Maku not to visit their respective states, and they are not ACN governors! Leaders not keeping to their word isn't strange, after all, some people are accusing the president of the same thing! Adhering to a Gentlemanly agreement is not constitutional, so is the NGGT!
Surprised this's coming from you. That's evil! Not keeping to agreements is not a virtue. How do you view a friend does not keep his word. Wont you call him a traitor? FYI, I dont really fancy the tour.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by Dpeacemaker101: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
Now we shall really know who the real men are? Fashole is jus being a coward, let us see what he has done.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by dammytosh: 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope: One big reason for this brand of roforofo politics Fashola and ACN are practicing is that Nigerian politics is not based on ideology but on regional interests. In an ideology based political system, states do not make themselves competitors of the central government. Instead, they collaborate with the central government to deliver good governance and development to the people. Their difference is always in their core beliefs of how society should be structured and run, not on good governance and development. By now, what we should see are state governments moving in sync with the FG on Agric, Power, Education and the Rail system.

How many states have been able to build power plants that can deliver say 50MW or transmission stations that can deliver stable power to their state? How many states have been able to organise and mobilise their farmers to take advantage of the agric reforms? How many states in the north are encouraging their almairis to attend the over 100 new almajiri schools? How many states are working on building train stations or connecting roads to train stations to tap from the rehabilated and new rail tracks. We as citizens of Nigeria are at fault in that we have focused our eyes 100% on Aso rock and have eventually given our state governments free passes to loot , squander and underperform while using a fiticious and fraudulently conceived competition with the FG as a smoke screen.

God bless you. They see everything as fight between APC, OPC and PDP.

The nation can not move forward. Personally i don't give a hoot about any party. Present a credible candidate and i will vote for him.

We quickly condemn PDP yet, APC is extending hands of fellowship to acclaimed corrupt and clueless PDP Governors.

Who is deceiving who ?

What i see is that some people are desperate to have unrestricted access to the Presidency and will do anything to achieve that.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by thelastPope(m): 11:03pm On Mar 01, 2013
dammytosh:

God bless you. They see everything as fight between APC, OPC and PDP.

The nation can not move forward. Personally i don't give a hoot about any party. Present a credible candidate and i will vote for him.

We quickly condemn PDP yet, APC is extending hands of fellowship to acclaimed corrupt and clueless PDP Governors.

Who is deceiving who ?

What i see is that some people are desperate to have unrestricted access to the Presidency and will do anything to achieve that.

Absolutely spot on! Its not about making Nigeria better. Its about the presidency! That is why Buhari cannot retire. Its too juicy!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by takedat(m): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
thelastPope:

Absolutely spot on! Its not about making Nigeria better. Its about the presidency! That is why Buhari cannot retire. Its too juicy!
Is there a retirement age for politicians? Isn't PDP practising gerontocracy?
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by myola(m): 11:56pm On Mar 01, 2013
taharqa:

Exactly.

These people have always said that the FG have NOT DONE ANYTHING in their states and in the country generally; some of us have always disagreed. the NGGT is a GOOD chance to find out who is lying. Why are some people then afraid to allow all of us find out??

I wrote this comment to one of them yterday, who said that the FG had done 'NOTHING' in Lagos state in the last 2 years or thereabout:

Do I need to tell you that am still expectng a response from him??

Like I have ALWAYS said here: PROPAGANDA and Lies always fails, eventually.

Thanks for your enlightenment. I would like to add that the much talk about badagri 8 Lanes is FG and world bank project against as ACN Want us to believes is lagos state project. The tour will expose a lots of such projects. It was not fashola and oshi that were talking, u are hearing from tinubu through them.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by nonebutme: 12:08am On Mar 02, 2013
myola:

Thanks for your enlightenment. I would like to add that the much talk about badagri 8 Lanes is FG and world bank project against as ACN Want us to believes is lagos state project. The tour will expose a lots of such projects. It was not fashola and oshi that were talking, u are hearing from tinubu through them.
lagos state government is involved. nationalmirroronline.net/index.php/business/real-estate/37320.html

tribune.com.ng/index.php/property-a-environment/20872-lagos-badagry-expressway-to-shore-up-investments--experts
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by emmatok(m): 12:24am On Mar 02, 2013
Were is the agreement, document signed by various parties.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by babapupa: 1:18am On Mar 02, 2013

Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by bloggernaija: 1:56am On Mar 02, 2013
jt2010:

Can u mention about just two new power generations plants started by the GEJ Administration!!!

You dey mind this mumus.are these people for real,ignorant,disingenuous or just being stupid. Jonathan, for the sort of revenue and the waste is the worst calamity to befall nigeria. He makes Abacha look competent. Imagine last year alone nigeria earned $100 billion .with the 60/40 arrangement that is $60 billion for the federal government.can you point to anything significant that this goodluck has added to the country . the Lagos light rail project and eko Atlantic trumps all his achievement. even the Abuja light rail project is yar adua's. the only thing he has done is to patch road and tenure elongation attempt.calling him incompetent is giving incompetence a bad name.okonjo iweala , will then assault our senses with tales from her worldbank neo liberal agenda. These idiots removed fuel subsidy now they want to tax fuel at the pump.a federal government with no responsibility at all. No more taxes from yoruba land to pay rotten corrupt bastards.it is a fact 75% of electricity bills is collected in the southwest. In most other part, energy bills either not collected or remitted at the same level,90% of vat,over 90% of import,custom and excise duty.it is times like these that I feel the pains of the people of the south south. However their elites are probably the worst of them all in terms of corruption.
Nigeria is in need of a real leader. A leader of men.
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by koruji(m): 6:55am On Mar 02, 2013
Funny people. It is called retaliation.
Backstabing is what Maku did by using the tour for PDP/GEJ propaganda.
Angry retaliation is condemning the tour and tearing it up publicly - and just as well.

thelastPope:

Nobody is forcing anyone! If the ACN governors had said "look, from what we have seen so far, we are not interested again and we will not fund it", it would have been a different story. The statements from ACN and its governors is that the whole thing was ill concieved and something they were never a party to. Its called backstabbing and deceit. Its called not keeping to your word and Fashola has shown that this is his character over time. Shame!
Re: Lagos Was Party To National Good Governance Tour Agreement by koruji(m): 7:00am On Mar 02, 2013
This the exact reason for the tour being dishonorable. Lagos is the one expanding the road not the FG. The same FG who cannot even keep its roads in Lagos patched.

Awon ole osan gangan

myola:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu And The British Connection. / First Picture From IPOB Protest March In Onitsha.15min Ago / You Visited Someone And This Kind Of Bed Was Offered To You, What Would You Do ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.