Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,888 members, 7,956,348 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 10:24 AM

5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road (12961 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / Gombe Lawmaker, Jalo Ganga, Kidnapped At His Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by fogman1(m): 2:25pm On Mar 01, 2013
buoye1: . So hw did u go about it?

Read his story above
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Sweetapple007(f): 2:29pm On Mar 01, 2013
The kidnappg of this country is somethig else ,we need foreign intervention
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by gramci: 2:30pm On Mar 01, 2013
abiki: Op, I thank God for your life. May he continue to bless and protect you and your family.

Amen
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by TableLeg(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2013
Here we go again!
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by 360command: 2:38pm On Mar 01, 2013
In God we trust - En Dieu nous croyons.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Syenite(m): 2:52pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hmmm...scary for those of us that like driving from Benin to Lagos.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by lumeneng22: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2013
Ah! I no go travel again o. Na pocketmoni i go de use transfer money to my people now.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Hardfact: 3:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
pro01:

Kindly share your experience. This kidnapping menace has assumed a worrisome new dimension.

Relax. Not yet worrisome enough. When we say these pressures from everywhere, govts at different levels, on people who ordinarily would mean no harm, our theorists dont seem to understand. If for eg tolerance for street begging/trading (peaceful) is at zero level, then armed robbery and kidnapping (violent) which have high guaranted success rate in our clime as it were, are being even more attractive. No surprise if most of the pepetrators are jobless graduates. The tempo's already hot why'd those in govt make it even hotter?

It's still fresh on my mind that a good friend of mine survived a similar bus kidnap incident with serious wounds two weeks ago.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by otokx(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2013
@pedestal82, what time exactly did this happen? Thank God for your life.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by buJu234: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2013
a friend was kidnapped in similar way last yr close to Sapele...

He said the Kidnappers were jst checking every passengers Id cards; they will scrol thru ur phone looking for bank statements;
that was how he was taken hostage; and his family had to pay 200k as ransome after alot of abeg..
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 01, 2013
Hardfact:
Relax. Not yet worrisome enough. When we say these pressures from everywhere, govts at different levels, on people who ordinarily would mean no harm, our theorists dont seem to understand. If for eg tolerance for street begging/trading (peaceful) is at zero level, then armed robbery and kidnapping (violent) which have high guaranted success rate in our clime as it were, are being even more attractive. No surprise if most of the pepetrators are jobless graduates. The tempo's already hot why'd those in govt make it even hotter?
It's still fresh on my mind that a good friend of mine survived a similar bus kidnap incident with serious wounds two weeks ago.

Well, things are getting out of hand, and from all indications, it might get even worse. I hope Nigeria doesn't become another Somalia in a few years.

BTW, it's scary that many of you here seem to know one or two persons that have had similar experiences. This suggests that it is now a daily occurrence. Scary indeed. I can imagine what happens to their female victims.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by pedestal82(m): 3:54pm On Mar 01, 2013
On a lighter note! Yay! ℓ̊ made front page.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Myself2(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote]pedestal8:[/ In the forest, ℓ̊ met a lunatic, who ℓ̊ begged to show ♍e the way to a village, that was another long walk, for close to 2 hours he was just taking ♍e from one point to the other. ℓ̊ had no choice but  stick with himquote]

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Wow,what a chilling story
Thank God for saving you guys and I salute your courage and determination to escape.Your impending wedding was your driving force,I believe the wedding is done already and I wish you and your wife a fruitful peaceful married life and may you never experience such incident again

2 Likes

Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by pedestal82(m): 3:59pm On Mar 01, 2013
otokx: @pedestal82, what time exactly did this happen? Thank God for your life.
It happened on Monday 11th of February 2013, at about 5pm. The escape was around 7pm.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by pedestal82(m): 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2013
[quote author=Myself2][/quote]
Yes the wedding was M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ driving force, and it held in Benin the trad was on thur, and church on the 16th. We thank God. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by ceejayluv(m): 4:21pm On Mar 01, 2013
trix!:

Your text font make this very difficult to read
Na so... Blackberry wahala
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by otokx(m): 4:41pm On Mar 01, 2013
pedestal82:
It happened on Monday 11th of February 2013, at about 5pm. The escape was around 7pm.

more like it, would have been alarmed if they got you at say 12 midday, security should be beefed up and the neighboring villages should be educated on the dangers of harboring criminal elements.

the government should look into the entertainment industry where illicit sex and ill gotten wealth are currently being held up as things to emulate.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Jakumo(m): 5:35pm On Mar 01, 2013
Once upon a time in Nigeria, kidnapping gangs only posed a threat to foreigners and the wealthy, but now any person who falls into the hands of a gang can be assigned a monetary ransom value based simply on the text messages and phone-book contacts stored in the victim's cellphone handset.

One shudders to imagine the fate that befalls kidnap victims who don't even own a phone, or whose loved ones cannot afford the price set by the kidnappers for the freedom of their captive, especially when the cash value of human organs for ritual sacrifice and medical transplant is contemplated.

1 Like

Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by blazingtrain: 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2013
Too bad
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by Summersland(m): 5:39pm On Mar 01, 2013
We're even tired of kidnapers in dis country self..Where poor family'll get 3m 4 God sake,even 2 eat na wahaala
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by dederocs(m): 6:12pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nigerians always report cases of crime or kidnapping to the police,it will help them in their operations as they will spot out troubled spots and they will be on the kidnappers or criminals trail from there.it is dumb to just pay ransom and not report to the police,its a disservice to our nation and helps to propagate crime.the police belongs to us all,we need to come together and make our society better.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by OmoTier1(m): 9:09pm On Mar 01, 2013
dederocs: Nigerians always report cases of crime or kidnapping to the police,it will help them in their operations as they will spot out troubled spots and they will be on the kidnappers or criminals trail from there.it is dumb to just pay ransom and not report to the police,its a disservice to our nation and helps to propagate crime.the police belongs to us all,we need to come together and make our society better.
In as much as I do not support the whole ransom paying thing, is current Nigeria Police Force an institution to be trusted or a den of criminals in authority who will end up using the information provided by responsible citizens to better advance their criminality in the society. Are Nigerian Police Officers no made up of criminals mostly? How many kidnapped victims have they freed in Nigeria except the high profile ones where Police knew they would be I trouble if they fail to act?

Nigerians have come to survive on their own because we have no government that cares for her people at the moment..
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by blessedchosen: 9:31pm On Mar 01, 2013
Psalm 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Pro 28:13 He that covers his sins shall not prosper: but whoever confesses and forsakes them shall have mercy.

Mark 9:43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
Mark 9:46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
Mark 9:47 And if your eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for you to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
Mark 9:48 Where their worm dies not, and the fire is not quenched.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Re: 5 Lagos-bound Passengers Kidnapped At Benin-Ore Sagamu Road by ifyalways(f): 9:44pm On Mar 01, 2013
Nkan mbe

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Ajumo'mo" Learning Tablet To Be Launched By Oyo State / 11 Boko Haram Members Killed By Army And Bomb Making Factory Destroyed In Borno / Gbajabiamila: Reps To Give Legal Backing To Social Investment Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.