Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State (7833 Views)

Corpers Posted To The North And Middle Belt, Don't Ignore These Warnings / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 7:50pm On Mar 01, 2013
Please what is the fate of corpers posted to gombe state? How safe is the state? And how long does it take one living in lagos get there?how much is the transport.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by smakati(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
I
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by smakati(m): 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2013
I was also posted to gombe.....I went to dat thread library ogbeche created but gombe was blank......tanks greatgeo for taking d lead.......
Pls I need help, how do I move frm lagos to gombe, our mai guard is just talking rubbish here, he said I will need to go to abuja/jos first before I can get a bus going to gombe....pls someone shld help me clarify, I no get d 45k wey arik dey ask for flight, by d way my pin is 21F2E740
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by soyedamola: 7:21am On Mar 02, 2013
Hello guyz,I'm currently serving in Gombe state..nd I can tell u its d safest place in the north-east relatively.It's about 20/21hrs 4rm Lagos.U can get a direct bus(luxurious) 4rm Ijora 7up(I think dey call the place Iddo also)..d bus'll travel overnight;N8,050 is the T-fare..If not,u break ur journey,by taking Abuja 4rm Lagos first,sleep overnight,den take Gombe 4rm abuja(Maraba-park) d next morning.Farewell
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by StateOfMind: 1:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
smakati: I was also posted to gombe.....I went to dat thread library ogbeche created but gombe was blank......tanks greatgeo for taking d lead.......
Pls I need help, how do I move frm lagos to gombe, our mai guard is just talking rubbish here, he said I will need to go to abuja/jos first before I can get a bus going to gombe....pls someone shld help me clarify, I no get d 45k wey arik dey ask for flight, by d way my pin is 21F2E740

Hehehe, my fellow diarylander is going to mallam sidi camp. Congrats! I went by air during my time, but most people that went by road got a bus to gombe straight from lagos and some 'broke' their journey by going to abuja first then boarded a cab from abuja, just as soyedamola said.

I'd advise you gather people around you to make the journey interesting. Most of them had so much fun and I wished I also went by road.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by soyedamola: 2:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Exactly,gather unaselves..nd d journey would be an interesting 1 4 u.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by Esji80(m): 7:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
KT 2 GM
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 7:31pm On Mar 02, 2013
soyedamola: Hello guyz,I'm currently serving in Gombe state..nd I can tell u its d safest place in the north-east relatively.It's about 20/21hrs 4rm Lagos.U can get a direct bus(luxurious) 4rm Ijora 7up(I think dey call the place Iddo also)..d bus'll travel overnight;N8,050 is the T-fare..If not,u break ur journey,by taking Abuja 4rm Lagos first,sleep overnight,den take Gombe 4rm abuja(Maraba-park) d next morning.Farewell
How much does it cost if u have to break ur journey?and do u really like it there or u try redeploy but didn't wk? Wait Oh does this means that only a small numbers was posted to gombe?
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by smakati(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2013
StateOfMind:

Hehehe, my fellow diarylander is going to mallam sidi camp. Congrats! I went by air during my time, but most people that went by road got a bus to gombe straight from lagos and some 'broke' their journey by going to abuja first then boarded a cab from abuja, just as soyedamola said.

I'd advise you gather people around you to make the journey interesting. Most of them had so much fun and I wished I also went by road.

Oga stateofmind, no be small tin, I will also break d journey, I plan flying to abuja, den d rest of trip by road. How far, sey mtn bis network dey ok for dat side.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by StateOfMind: 7:59pm On Mar 02, 2013
I used glo throughout my stay in camp, and it was okay. Had room mates that used mtn, so I think mtn is okay over there too...

Have a safe trip to malam sidi camp. Its quite comfortable I must add.

And by the way, I'm female..cheesy and I redeployed, so all I know about gombe is mallam sidi camp and the airport!
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by smakati(m): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2013
StateOfMind: I used glo throughout my stay in camp, and it was okay. Had room mates that used mtn, so I think mtn is okay over there too...

And by the way, I'm female..cheesy and I redeployed, so all I know about gombe is mallam sidi camp and the airport!

Sorry for d gender mixup. Am suffering from pre gombe disorder. Tanks for d info. I guess ama ve to redeploy. Dat place no be am
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
StateOfMind: I used glo throughout my stay in camp, and it was okay. Had room mates that used mtn, so I think mtn is okay over there too...

senior corper, thanks for dropping by, your comments wll be helpful, most corpers posted up north are always naïve, experienced something similar few months ago myself
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2013

What state where u redepoly to and on what ground,which bank dey dere sef.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by StateOfMind: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2013
You can say that again, grin..I was in their shoes last year and It was just too much to take in for me coupled with the fact that gombe threads dont attract posters like some other popular states, I found it difficult to get answers.

At a point I thought I was the only one posted to that state but i eventually got more than enough info and the re-assurance I needed from 2 different nairalanders.

Most of my friends did not redeploy and tried to persuade me to stay, but I just couldn't.

And just like every other state, its the ppa and the town its situated that really matters, not the state in particular.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by StateOfMind: 9:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
greatgeo:
What state where u redepoly to and on what ground,which bank dey dere sef.

Lol@ which bank dey there sef? Gombe aint that local na. I dint have a cause to use a bank throughout my stay but they sure have the popular banks over there.

I redeployed to Oyo state and in as much as I redeployed based on health ground (I took to camp a doctor's report from a government hospital), so many others were given the freedom to redeploy based on insecurity.

When we were being given redeployment forms to fill in camp, They initially said they would deny any redeployment based on insecurity (just health and marital grounds) but the DG came to visit us second week in camp and instructed the officials to grant anyone who wants to redeploy the freedom to go. More than half of us in camp eventually redeployed. LOL.

This was last year july, I'm not sure how it works now.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 02, 2013
StateOfMind: You can say that again, grin..I was in their shoes last year and It was just too much to take in for me coupled with the fact that gombe threads dont attract posters like some other popular states, I found it difficult to get answers.

At a point I thought I was the only one posted to that state but i eventually got more than enough info and the re-assurance I needed from 2 different nairalanders.

Most of my friends did not redeploy and tried to persuade me to stay, but I just couldn't.

And just like every other state, its the ppa and the town its situated that really matters, not the state in particular.
during your time, the nysc section was still in it toddler age, vert few threads from this section makes homepage, compared to now
I redeployed without thinking twice, though some nairalanders who I had contacted before embarking on my Katsina journey tried to convince me, but the north was not just for me.
I enjoyed the experience though, but I don't plan returning there in a longggggggggggg while. lol
How are you enjoying your service year, my senior corper?was at your ppa last weekend shaaaa
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by zeeziz(f): 10:39pm On Mar 02, 2013
Abeg is dere any1 in dis house going to Gombe from Abuja,make we arrange things.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by StateOfMind: 11:03pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ogbeche77: during your time, the nysc section was still in it toddler age, vert few threads from this section makes homepage, compared to now
I redeployed without thinking twice, though some nairalanders who I had contacted before embarking on my Katsina journey tried to convince me, but the north was not just for me.
I enjoyed the experience though, but I don't plan returning there in a longggggggggggg while. lol
How are you enjoying your service year, my senior corper?was at your ppa last weekend shaaaa

Yeah, I agree, the section is quite active now, kudos to you and crazyman..

And Did you just say you were at my ppa last weekend? Don't tell me we are presently in the same state..

Service is good btw, thanx..we are counting down next, lol.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 02, 2013
StateOfMind:

Yeah, I agree, the section is quite active now, kudos to you and crazyman..

And Did you just say you were at my ppa last weekend? Don't tell me we are presently in the same state..

Service is good btw, thanx..we are counting down next, lol.
I'm serving in Abeokuta, but was at the ancient city to spend the weekend with a former classmate, so visited ur ppa briefly, cos that was the only place we could get dinner. lol, it was already late and all canteen in town were closed...
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by soyedamola: 8:09am On Mar 03, 2013
All I can say is that serving in Gombe state is not as bad as 'we' Lagosians think It is..Der r banks,good BIS services,nd so on.Infact,plans r underway 4 an increase in our State Allowee.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by soyedamola: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2013
greatgeo:
How much does it cost if u have to break ur journey?and do u really like it there or u try redeploy but didn't wk? Wait Oh does this means that only a small numbers was posted to gombe?
Sincerely,I'm just accepting the will of God to stay here,so I try to blend wats happening around me to my taste!..I even collected d redeployment form on camp..buh I had 2 later keep it.In short,It's good for any1 dat wants to redeploy but better if u stay.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2013
soyedamola:
Sincerely,I'm just accepting the will of God to stay here,so I try to blend wats happening around me to my taste!..I even collected d redeployment form on camp..buh I had 2 later keep it.In short,It's good for any1 dat wants to redeploy but better if u stay.
@staeofmind and seyedamola you guys are really making me to have a rethink and hope something good come out of this cos I have so many stuffs I take care of in and around lag so may stick to redeployment for now.a friend equally told me that gombe is good and since I love pctures and travelling I may eventually come to love and that it seem they have new camp not sure though but with all I have hard from you guys its seem to be a nice place.hope the pupolation is not as hight as some other state in the north sha.God help me O
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Ogbeche77: I'm serving in Abeokuta, but was at the ancient city to spend the weekend with a former classmate, so visited ur ppa briefly, cos that was the only place we could get dinner. lol, it was already late and all canteen in town were closed...
I need ur contact pls
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2013
greatgeo:
I need ur contact pls
me? U cam pm me? But have in mind that I camped in katsina not Gombe
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by soyedamola: 12:28am On Mar 04, 2013
greatgeo:
@staeofmind and seyedamola you guys are really making me to have a rethink and hope something good come out of this cos I have so many stuffs I take care of in and around lag so may stick to redeployment for now.a friend equally told me that gombe is good and since I love pctures and travelling I may eventually come to love and that it seem they have new camp not sure though but with all I have hard from you guys its seem to be a nice place.hope the pupolation is not as hight as some other state in the north sha.God help me O

Gombe camp is one of the best in the country..cos its new,nice facilities nd structures!..The population of corpers always posted to Gombe is not always much unlike other states..The state is a young state(created 1996) nd fast developing.
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by kny4sure: 12:46am On Mar 04, 2013
Gombe pal u can add me up 2398fbd9...may God grant us safe trip
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2013
@seyedamola and stateofmind thank you for all the infos .from what am seeing it seems we are very few going to gombe hope this bring goodluck Oo
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by usm537: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2013
for those of you that have never been to gombe state. see some pictures here
https://www.nairaland.com/1180649/surpising-gombe-state
https://www.nairaland.com/1179076/gombe-state-roads-other-structures
https://www.nairaland.com/1180208/views-gombe-state-inside-car

plus gombe state has the lowest population in the north, so there is not much pressure on infrastructure as other places in the country, but of course you might not get all the stuffs you want like in abuja or lagos(shopping wise).
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by DCONE1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2013
Am by name jamilu abdu fortunately posted in gombe state,i pray almighty allah to gv us the success and strenght tru out d serving period in oda to contribute toward development of our dia country i.e nigeria
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by smakati(m): 10:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
My fellow gombe corpers....am @ abuja currently, I took bus, a stupid decision, I shld ve travelled by air, we left lagos 8:30am. We got here 7pm. So stressful ehn, d advantages of going by bus re
- 1 cheap (N3,500)
- 2.u get to see new places
The demerits of going by road outweighs d merit. Pls com by flight if u can afford it.

Am currently @ NCCF family house @ mararaba, nice reception frm dem....will continue to gombe tomoro. We jst finished praying....PM me if u nid help, good night.....I wish u all (and myself) safe journey
Re: A Thread For Corpers Posted To (mallam sidi) Gombe State by greatgeo(m): 8:28am On Mar 05, 2013
Lord have mercy

(1) (2) (Reply)

NYSC Ogun State; The “5 Star” Camp / Nysc 2017 Batch B / Police Arrest 2 Miscreants In Kano For Gang-Desecrating NYSC Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.