Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu (1136 Views)

Buhari Discriminates Against Northern Christians / PUNCH Newspaper Set To SMUGGLE Gov Sullivan Chime Back To Enugu / Governor Sullivan Chime Could Be Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by DuduNegro: 12:51pm On Mar 02, 2013
Yoruba Community Alleges Marginalisation In Enugu
By Emmanuel Nzomiwu,Reporter, Enugu

Yoruba community in Enugu State has cried out over what it described as total neglect and marginalisation by the present Enugu State government led by Sullivan Chime.

The aggrieved members of Yoruba community, who made their feelings public through their leader, Mr. Ade Johnson Adeyelu, regretted that the group which was formed in 1990 and registered under then Anambra State Government had never before now experienced marginalisation in the state.
Adeyelu said that his people voted for state government during the last general election and wondered why Chime’s government has since inception not cared for their welfare.

His words: “We have passed through series of military governors and military administrators down the line to the civilian governors.
“Over these years, we have enjoyed some sort of patronage from the government, patronage in the sense that some Yorubas then were given the opportunity to be members of the Muslim Welfare Board. As a result of that they were given one or two slots to participate in Hajj Operations in Medina. From that 1990, down to when Chimaroke became governor, we still enjoyed the slots that were given to the Yoruba community in Enugu.
“There is no doubt we are facing a lot of problems in this state. We have not benefited anything from the present administration in Enugu State. We as a community we have participated in almost all the activities of the state. The last straw that broke the camel’s back was the present Hajj operation, which we recommended people to participate. But up till now, there is no single Yoruba man that belongs to the Yoruba community that was given any slot to participate in the Hajj operation.”

Adeyelu recalled that since governor Chime came on board, he had written about five letters seeking for audience with him, to let his government know the problems of the Yoruba community but unfortunately none of the letters was replied.
He also expressed disappointment that Chime does not care and had not asked leaders of non-indigenes in his state the problems their various groups are facing in the state, just as he regretted that the immediate past administration cancelled the allocation of land given to the Yoruba community to build its secretariat by the former military governor of the state, Navy Captain Mike Agbaje.

The secretariat, he said, would have served as a centre where the Yoruba cultural heritage would have been sold to the people, adding that all the promises of re-allocation of another land to the community made by the past administration, did not yield fruitful dividend until its tenure expired in 2007.
Besides, Adeyelu advised all members of the Yoruba community in the state to remain calm, law abiding and loyal not only to their host state but to the Federal Government as there is still hope for a better tomorrow for them.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Nobody: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2013
Fashola is the cause. Sending negative signals to other state governors that ibos and ibo businesses will no longer thrive in Lagos. With the exodus of people and report south east governors get from their people, they have no option that reciprocate this negative gesture.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 02, 2013
Na who we go Blame now? grin
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Ufeolorun(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02, 2013
Don't you get tired of this constant ethnic baiting ni? Ojomiloju o undecided just maybe the perennial chest beaters conventions here would stop if you simiedor and let them "give themselves brain"
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Dreal1247: 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
U ar lucky dat the governor only didnt giv u audience. U didnt c the easterners that were captured lyk criminals in Ladipo mkt by Fashola and his agents. Thank God u were not deported neither was ur means of lifelihood tampered with. CHIME is still an angel when compared 2 what is happening in Lagos State. But i think our leaders need 2 consider the welfare of non indigens 4 a peaceful coexistence.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by gramci: 1:27pm On Mar 02, 2013
The governor should make provision for their space mission.

Chei! Chime don suffer cheesy
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Gbawe: 1:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ufeolorun: Don't you get tired of this constant ethnic baiting ni? Ojomiloju o undecided just maybe the perennial chest beaters conventions here would stop if you simiedor and let them "give themselves brain"

Thank you. On every side, the most hateful and most divisive always win here. They are always the loudest here and consistently overshadowing the voices of unity and reason who happen to be in the minority by far. A sad microcosm of Nigeria somewhat whereby those most bereft of ideas and lacking the ability to unite our Nation for the better, and set inspirational examples, always find themselves in the most important/influential position they use to regress the lives of everyone.

The way I see it is that those obsessed with ethnic baiting here are simply not and can never be part of the solution. We have a modern world around us where liberal ideas are shaping societies for the better yet we fight like cavemen here daily. Tragic for Nigeria.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Ufeolorun(m): 2:55pm On Mar 02, 2013
Gbawe:

Thank you. On every side, the most hateful and most divisive always win here. They are always the loudest here and consistently overshadowing the voices of unity and reason who happen to be in the minority by far. A sad microcosm of Nigeria somewhat whereby those most bereft of ideas and lacking the ability to unite our Nation for the better, and set inspirational examples, always find themselves in the most important/influential position they use to regress the lives of everyone.

The way I see it is that those obsessed with ethnic baiting here are simply not and can never be part of the solution. We have a modern world around us where liberal ideas are shaping societies for the better yet we fight like cavemen here daily. Tragic for Nigeria.
Abi,the unfortunate aspect of it ,is,it drives traffic.On almost all Nigerian E-media its always from one ethnic fight to another other,we know the biggest culprits and to answer them would take common sense and a direct put down of some of the soggy,circular ramblings we often hear not this childish tit for tat.I could be insular but that's no excuse for going round baiting those who seem ready to fight anyway.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by takedat(m): 3:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
Our friends here are always oblivious to their leaders failings, but find fault in everything done by outsiders, playing the victim card and a cry of marginalisation. The toxic sentimentalism in their judgement and the inconsistencies between the way they treat others and what they believe about themselves, never will it make them see the wrong done by their leaders!

1 Like

Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by BlackPikiN(m): 3:54pm On Mar 02, 2013
This OP must be the Hediot of the century!!!

He's a criminal and a thief like his mentor Tinubu!

This story happened almost 4years ago! 2009!
There was a thread created by Aloy-Emeka exactly with the same title.

https://www.nairaland.com/343405/yoruba-community-alleges-marginalisation-enugu#4806355

He couldn't even provide a link. Onye Oshi!!!
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by ODUANEGRO: 4:38pm On Mar 02, 2013
berem: Na who we go Blame now? grin

who else, na Chime fault na. grin
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by ODUANEGRO: 4:41pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ufeolorun: Don't you get tired of this constant ethnic baiting ni? Ojomiloju o undecided just maybe the perennial chest beaters conventions here would stop if you simiedor and let them "give themselves brain"

ufe, c'mon.....how is this ethnic baiting?

if i cook it up, yes, you can call it ethnic baiting but this is a true event. i dont know what you mean, please explain.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Ufeolorun(m): 4:57pm On Mar 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

ufe, c'mon.....how is this ethnic baiting?

if i cook it up, yes, you can call it ethnic baiting but this is a true event. i dont know what you mean, please explain.
YOur grasp of history/culture is one thing i really appreciate and its the real reason i made my comments.We know these guys do not need any motivation to cook up the usual sappy arguments,i just feel your logical and coherent put downs are preferable to stuff like this(not necessarily this thread).I fully respect your right to decide how you go about your business here.Its more out of respect sha than anything else.
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by ODUANEGRO: 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ufeolorun: YOur grasp of history/culture is one thing i really appreciate and its the real reason i made my comments.We know these guys do not need any motivation to cook up the usual sappy arguments,i just feel your logical and coherent put downs are preferable to stuff like this(not necessarily this thread).I fully respect your right to decide how you go about your business here.Its more out of respect sha than anything else.

i see. well thanks for the observation, i appreciate that.

have you been following the eze election and their drama lately? do you know why they are voting to elect a replacement?

i want you to be aware that while many events here in nl may appear disjointed on the surface, there is a more organized syndicate running the machinery behind it all.

i can give hausa slack, i can excuse a kanuri insult, i can overlook a tivi abuse, but there are two ethnic groups i watch with my 8 eyes, fulani and igbo.

fulani because they are wild and when they are out of the wilderness they are out of their element and unstable. igbo because their element is brash and disorganized and when they encounter orderliness they are out of their element at that point and unstable.

i dont slack off for unstable people!
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Ufeolorun(m): 5:44pm On Mar 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

i see. well thanks for the observation, i appreciate that.

have you been following the eze election and their drama lately? do you know why they are voting to elect a replacement?

i want you to be aware that while many events here in nl may appear disjointed on the surface, there is a more organized syndicate running the machinery behind it all.

i can give hausa slack, i can excuse a kanuri insult, i can overlook a tivi abuse, but there are two ethnic groups i watch with my 8 eyes, fulani and igbo.

fulani because they are wild and when they are out of the wilderness they are out of their element and unstable. igbo because their element is brash and disorganized and when they encounter orderliness they are out of their element at that point and unstable.

i dont slack off for unstable people!

grin grin
To be honest i have wondered about the bold as well but Okun ki horuru ki afa ruru ni and some of these guys are separatists so you can forgive their desperation.That election shenanigans is a freaking joke man grin,it should be happening on a community website not here but still eso eso
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by ODUANEGRO: 5:56pm On Mar 02, 2013
Ufeolorun:

grin grin
To be honest i have wondered about the bold as well but Okun ki horuru ki afa ruru ni and some of these guys are separatists so you can forgive their desperation.That election shenanigans is a freaking joke man grin,it should be happening on a community website not here but still eso eso

ose ufe, and again, i respect your feedback to me and thank you for it. Blessings! wink
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Ufeolorun(m): 6:01pm On Mar 02, 2013
ODUA_NEGRO:

ose ufe, and again, i respect your feedback to me and thank you for it. Blessings! wink
NO problem bro.coherent and logical put down from DUDU is still very much in order,baba grin cheesy
Re: Sullivan Chime Discriminates Against Yoruba In Enugu by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 03, 2013
Gbawe:

. A perspicacious insight of Nigeria history x-ray a conflagratn of ethnic groups and not a 'NATION'' your blatant display of political adagio shows that u never understand the 'dichotomy between minority and majority group in sociology of politics'' its comical to see pple form opinion base on sterotype rather than scientific and indepth investigation of facts and academic nourishment.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Sulivan Chime Is Dead / Buhari Is The Last Hope Of The Fight Against Curruption In Nigeria / See You At The Polls, Mr. Asari Dokubo By Chiechefulam Ikebuiro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.