Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. (15752 Views)

Charcoal Production And Sales. Do It Yourself. **Risky** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by abvkollections(f): 9:03am On Sep 11, 2013
@Ifyalways you are correct! The worst part of the story is they don't even have office,they pay for office space just when they need to meet people,after that you nor go c them again.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2013
I still can't make sense of all these, if truly they absconded with people's money, why is it that none of the investors have come here to complain. Remember we are talking about 500k minimum investment. I don't think anyone would lose such amount and remain mute about it.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by abvkollections(f): 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
@Blink182, sombody I know invested 250k,but now they are no where to be found.the guy said he still want to give them some time after that he will take it up.So am safe to say, I know one of the investors...
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 12, 2013
This is serious, the interest is long over due and I wonder what he is giving them time for. Can he even locate them at will?
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by azpekuliar: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2013
blink182: I still can't make sense of all these, if truly they absconded with people's money, why is it that none of the investors have come here to complain. Remember we are talking about 500k minimum investment. I don't think anyone would lose such amount and remain mute about it.

N500,000 wasn't the minimum technically. The minimum investment lot was N50,000. You needed to pool together 10 lots of that, either as a single individual or collectively to then invest. I had intended to partner with a few others and invest between N50,000 to N150,000 myself, just to test the waters.
So the minumum that would have been lost is N50,000.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Sep 12, 2013
abvkollections: @Blink182, sombody I know invested 250k,but now they are no where to be found.the guy said he still want to give them some time after that he will take it up.So am safe to say, I know one of the investors...
Did the person visit the said charcoal farm(Bush LOL) ,make inquiries discreetly from the locals before parting with his or her money?

What do you mean by "They are nowhere to be found" ? The charcoal farm disappeared over night,their phone numbers are switched off/they dont pick,they dont update the person anymore or what undecided

Na real wao for dis kain bush bending corner business cheesy

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by abvkollections(f): 10:23am On Sep 12, 2013
@ifyalways the person did not visit any farm,they only met at one V.I office before the guy make payment to their acct.Now their numbers are not going..LOL
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by nadesh(f): 11:21am On Sep 12, 2013
This na well packaged scam and Charcoalblaq is def one of them.
https://www.nairaland.com/1261524/charcoal-production-supervisors-needed-70k/2
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2013
abvkollections: @ifyalways the person did not visit any farm,they only met at one V.I office before the guy make payment to their acct.Now their numbers are not going..LOL
too bad
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by personaldomest(f): 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hello all,
First of all I am not a scam artist, I am simply a business woman who ran out of luck. I ran a farm and I did not pocket a thing after everything went bad. I got in touch with all the investors, paid some and begged the others to wait while I put the broken pieces of this business together. While my employees began acting up I had several people call me who had wanted to invest in the business, should I not have just sent them my account number? I did not because by then the problems that the large number of people was giving us made it absolutely clear that a larger number would be uncontrollable.
Am I ashamed that it went this bad, that those who doubted me from the beginning now have a chance to say ‘I told you so’ , I am heart broken by my failure, but I did not let that stop me. I put off all my phones because I am scared of all the happenings that I know would come with this.
Half the people pouring acid on me are not affected by my failure, the kind of joy a person would derive from tearing a person down is still unclear to me. I got in touch with the people affected, mostly my family and friends, I don’t expect the same kind of understanding with an investor, but they have been at my last getting in touch, understanding.
I would pay back all I owe, but to others who just want to kick me while I am down, please don’t, please imagine people did not all have ulterior motives.
As to what happened to the farm it’s a long story. 3 years we spent trying to build this business, failing and getting up with the belief of a better understanding of how it works, bootstrapping till we had a model to show, only for everything to come crashing down. My spirit is broken, if not for the fact that I cant keep away from this thread I would just like to run away from everything. I am sorry for those who had some faith in these, I am sorry I disappointed. If I knew it was going to come crashing down I would have gotten a phone at least of this.
Since this has become the court of public opinion let me give a short narrative of what happened. You can go to Afon Police Station in Ilorin to confirm. Our workers got violent. We had an agreement and they broke it and even attempted to hurt my hubby who was trying to settle an arguement the day he came to check up on them, they threatened our supervisors at every slight provocation and were demanding things that we can in no way provide. They all left for back for Togo with a couple of them staying back to work in Ilorin there. Apparently the majority of them lied about being able to produce charcoal, we got carpenters and fishermen who in front of their government officials lied about their skills. We had to immediately get some markurdi’s at a higher cost to help supervise and work with them. They had varied diet and that was a major problem for food purchase and they were just a complete mess. I am sorry if I seem unable to say much it is just I feel so broken it physically hurts.
Our supervisors left understandably and my head supervisor stole from us, yes the dark man who sat at the other end in the meeting stole from us.
I would pay back every cent I owe, but please find it in yourself to have some pity for us, this is the roughest patch ever for us as we have got no one to turn to but dig ourselves out of this hole we have put ourselves in. I am sorry. Please tell Mr. Kayode to get in touch with me at personaldomest@gmail.com
I am sorry I failed, and I am even more sorry I buried my head under the sand hiding thinking it would all go away. I would face the repercussions for my failure and I would set thing straight again.
I am sorry.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by jethro2: 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by nadesh(f): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
No be small hmmm. You did not reach people that believed,trusted you to give you their money until now because u thought this would be swept under the carpet? Abi dis long sob story for no surface if not that Toluxa opened your partners nyash in the other thread where he is codedly looking for people to join his ponzi money crowding thread? Hmm.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
personaldomest: Hello all,
First of all I am not a scam artist, I am simply a business woman who ran out of luck. I ran a farm and I did not pocket a thing after everything went bad. I got in touch with all the investors, paid some and begged the others to wait while I put the broken pieces of this business together. While my employees began acting up I had several people call me who had wanted to invest in the business, should I not have just sent them my account number? I did not because by then the problems that the large number of people was giving us made it absolutely clear that a larger number would be uncontrollable.
Am I ashamed that it went this bad, that those who doubted me from the beginning now have a chance to say ‘I told you so’ , I am heart broken by my failure, but I did not let that stop me. I put off all my phones because I am scared of all the happenings that I know would come with this.
Half the people pouring acid on me are not affected by my failure, the kind of joy a person would derive from tearing a person down is still unclear to me. I got in touch with the people affected, mostly my family and friends, I don’t expect the same kind of understanding with an investor, but they have been at my last getting in touch, understanding.
I would pay back all I owe, but to others who just want to kick me while I am down, please don’t, please imagine people did not all have ulterior motives.
As to what happened to the farm it’s a long story. 3 years we spent trying to build this business, failing and getting up with the belief of a better understanding of how it works, bootstrapping till we had a model to show, only for everything to come crashing down. My spirit is broken, if not for the fact that I cant keep away from this thread I would just like to run away from everything. I am sorry for those who had some faith in these, I am sorry I disappointed. If I knew it was going to come crashing down I would have gotten a phone at least of this.
Since this has become the court of public opinion let me give a short narrative of what happened. You can go to Afon Police Station in Ilorin to confirm. Our workers got violent. We had an agreement and they broke it and even attempted to hurt my hubby who was trying to settle an arguement the day he came to check up on them, they threatened our supervisors at every slight provocation and were demanding things that we can in no way provide. They all left for back for Togo with a couple of them staying back to work in Ilorin there. Apparently the majority of them lied about being able to produce charcoal, we got carpenters and fishermen who in front of their government officials lied about their skills. We had to immediately get some markurdi’s at a higher cost to help supervise and work with them. They had varied diet and that was a major problem for food purchase and they were just a complete mess. I am sorry if I seem unable to say much it is just I feel so broken it physically hurts.
Our supervisors left understandably and my head supervisor stole from us, yes the dark man who sat at the other end in the meeting stole from us.
I would pay back every cent I owe, but please find it in yourself to have some pity for us, this is the roughest patch ever for us as we have got no one to turn to but dig ourselves out of this hole we have put ourselves in. I am sorry. Please tell Mr. Kayode to get in touch with me at personaldomest@gmail.com
I am sorry I failed, and I am even more sorry I buried my head under the sand hiding thinking it would all go away. I would face the repercussions for my failure and I would set thing straight again.
I am sorry.
Swear you are not the lady that told me you are someone else. I even wrote you a long sms hoping you will tell me this instead you kept mute and continued to deny your personality. You should be ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by ifyalways(f): 1:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
abvkollections: @ifyalways the person did not visit any farm,they only met at one V.I office before the guy make payment to their acct.Now their numbers are not going..LOL
I'm sorry but your friend shares part of the blames too,infact a greater part of the blames.
How could he invest without atleast seeing the site,interacting with the locals,thorough investigation? What was their investment plan like,how was he supposed to get his money back when all he saw was some pictures online and a VI office?
Anyway,for the sake of the blind trust he vested on the OP ,I pray he gets his money back.

Hmmmmmn

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by azpekuliar: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
personaldomest: rything.... and my head supervisor stole from us, yes the dark man who sat at the other end in the meeting stole from us.

I recall that fellow. Something about him, I just knew I couldn't quite trust him with my money.

Edit 24-10-2019:

Turns out I could not trust you either tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by ifyalways(f): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
blink182: Swear you are not the lady that told me you are someone else. I even wrote you a long sms hoping you will tell me this instead you kept mute and continued to deny your personality. You should be ashamed of yourself.
she already said she's super "ashamed" of herself now cheesy
What a pity party epistle!

Good thing is she didn't deny receiving funds from some folks, so they can hope on getting it back(I hope so?)
I do business too. A genuine biz minded fella knows that the investors should under no circumstance be kept in the dark.@OP, Your plans(if there really was any) failed and so you went incommunicado and expect ur investors to do what? You knew what was at stake(your integrity,if you had any) yet you handled things this way only to surface with this "blame-it-on-my-haters-story" ?

I do hope you pay back as you claim you would and this is not just to calm nerves while your partner perfects his new scheme, as already pointed out.

3 Likes

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2013
personaldomest:
Please kindly explain how this is similar to the wonder bank? Please if you are ignorant about a topic you do not have to comment. Go get your facts straight then comeback and challenge me. Your ignorant comment is not welcome. Thank You.

wonder shall never end these prophesy came to pass
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
tolaerinle: HOPE THIS IS NOT ANOTHER WONDER BANK

https://www.nairaland.com/1237592/wonderbank-cripples-economy-village

the way the guy sound @ the meeting i new its scam @ work
so i back out immediately
now water don pass Garri
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2013
BRIGHTSOLAR:

the way the guy sound @ the meeting i new its scam @ work
so i back out immediately now water don pass Garri
Shut your phucking mouth, can you prove this is a wonder bank? She made a mistake and has come out to say she was sorry.

What infuriates me is her hiding hoping it will all go away. All she had was personnel problem, these things happen. I am still very interested in this business and ready to work with personaldomest and help her patch up if she needs it.

A company has four systems-operations, accounting, marketing and human resources. If marketing had failed, then we would have said she did not know what she was doing and made bogus claims about being able to sell the charcoal easy.

If operations had failed, that would have meant her being unable to secure land where wood is abundant and also having problems with authorities but that is not the case.

If accounting had failed, sales would have been made but when it was time to make payment to investors, we would have heard stories that touch-stories of how she received payment but her husband's sister's mother's niece broke her leg and had to be flown to London but this is not the case.

We have read what she said and assuming it is the truth, it is obvious her hr department failed, success probably overwhelmed her and she started delegating duties that were supposed to be carried out by her.

Personaldomest should list all that went wrong, proffer solutions and draw up a new business operation manual. Then implement it.

Get your first set of beninoise that gave you confidence and knew how to produce charcoal.

They should be the ones to recommend other charcoal producers from their country.

Make sure your bottom line is solid before you try to expand.

Finally my dear, you should stop being an atheist. I can not believe an edo girl can be conquered by foreigners in her own country this easily. It is either you worship God or you worship the devil. Nigeria is not a functioning country like the west where the police would have protected you and even arrested your thieving supervisor and there will be no need to serve a supreme being as you practise. Please pick one and allow the supernatural work in conjunction with you.

1 Like

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by BRIGHTSOLAR(m): 2:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=blink182]Shut your phucking mouth, can you prove this is a wonder bank? She made a mistake and has come out to say she was sorry.

@blink82 you said she maid a mistake when she plan the scam from onset
i can deduce you work together the way you are protect them
there lots of Nigerian who invest their hard earn money so to let the money goes like that

i wonder 00000

2 Likes

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2013
^^^
Do not engage in discussions above your station. You will end up making a fool of yourself.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by azpekuliar: 4:51am On Sep 25, 2013
^^

Wetin concern Solar power business with Charcoal? grin
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 25, 2013
azpekuliar: ^^

Wetin concern Solar power business with Charcoal? grin
Lol
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by okechukwu3: 8:01am On Sep 25, 2013
This sounds great, i am in but still observing
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:39pm On Sep 30, 2015
I need Oak charcoal in large quantity 24mt/container...if you can supply to Lagos port...kindly contact me on 08077881934 serious suppliers please....
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by EXPORTFINANCE: 6:32am On Dec 03, 2015
funding available for charcoal export only...08077881934
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by toyomars(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2015
personaldomest:
I understand the connection, what you are not getting is the fact that a need be served.

I am not putting up a cover, my business is as illegal as butchering a cow is to a vegetarian. It must be done.

Emphasis should be based on replanting.

And for now, we are neither large enough or have any pressure on us to do that. I really do understand your point of view, but like me, alot of industries rely on wood and charcoal, even the bread you eat sir.

I am all for a green earth, but i am just a person, and if your cause gains traction i would gladly set aside a budget to a replanting effort.

Now, back to everyone, sorry for the delay, had to do some running around. So, where were we?

@op If you move to a new site like you claimed you would do in the near future, please be kind enough to set aside a small budget of planting trees; bamboo trees should be planted they are cheaper and they can take care of land encroachment. I live in kwara state and I know what the lack of no trees will cause to the people here if a great flood happens. Thank you.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Ltrust(m): 1:01am On Aug 18, 2016
We have large quantity of quality Hardwood Charcoal for sale. It is produced from Iron wood. We are located in Kwara State. Our term and conditions are:

ORIGIN OF PRODUCTS: kwara State
CARBON CONTENT: 75% minimum
MOISTURE: 8% maximum
ASH : 3-4% maximum
SCREEN SIZE: 30mm-150mm or 70mm -180mm
PACKAGING: 50kg Bags
PAYMENT TERMS: As agreed by both parties

Reach Bayo for Supply on 08035211291.
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by EXPORTFINANCE: 2:30pm On Sep 20, 2016
funding available for charcoal export...08077881934
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by EXPORTFINANCE: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
How many tons do u have on ground?...I want 1000mt of WELL processed charcoal ( no sand, dry, non sparkling, no small particles)...reach me on 08077881934 (wattzapp only) ASAP!....
Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
ifyalways:
she already said she's super "ashamed" of herself now cheesy
What a pity party epistle!

Good thing is she didn't deny receiving funds from some folks, so they can hope on getting it back(I hope so?)
I do business too. A genuine biz minded fella knows that the investors should under no circumstance be kept in the dark.@OP, Your plans(if there really was any) failed and so you went incommunicado and expect ur investors to do what? You knew what was at stake(your integrity,if you had any) yet you handled things this way only to surface with this "blame-it-on-my-haters-story" ?

I do hope you pay back as you claim you would and this is not just to calm nerves while your partner perfects his new scheme, as already pointed out.
You're currently being vindicated on Twitter after so many years. cheesy Turns out the now famous Gloria Osei was behind this scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Charcoal Production. Investors Needed. Pics n Vids of my farm inside. by azpekuliar: 4:45am On Oct 24, 2019
Viking07:
You're currently being vindicated on Twitter after how many years. cheesy Turns out the now famous Gloria Osei was behind this scam.

Honestly, but for better judgement I would have fallen for this scam in 2013.

I was huddled together along with a few others into a hurriedly put-together office space on Bishop Aboyade Cole street in VI to listen to what I would term an unconvincing business presentation.

If their victims still care, they haven’t disappeared into thin air yet!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Emefiele: Forex Scarcity Bringing Out The Best In Nigerians / Gtbank Restores Normalcy And Resumes Operational Services Fully / Looking For The Best Nigeria Bank For A Domiciliary Account? Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.