Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ (12508 Views)

Power Crisis: Nigeria Lacks Gas To Generate 7,000MW —osinbajo / TY Danjuma: Nigeria Lacks Patriotic Leaders / Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OLUSEGUN OBASANJO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by babapupa: 11:30pm On Mar 02, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Saturday, said Nigeria lacks good leadership to administer her enormous potentials.

Obasanjo, who identified lack of quality leadership, among other factors, as major hindrances to development in Nigeria as well as other African countries, lamented the lack of leadership that could harness the resources to the point of noticeable development.

The former president spoke in Abeokuta during the final of Africa Region Inter-collegiate Debate on Human Security Africa, organised by Centre for Human Security (CHS), an arm of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library.

The occasion featured universities and secondary school students from Nigeria and other African countries who participated in a debate as part of the activities marking Obasanjo’s 76th birthday.

The former president opined that there were not many good leaders in the country, stressing that leadership in any country was very important to development and growth.
Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

“On the topic you have chosen for this debate, ‘Human Security in Africa’, whether it is a myth or reality, threat to human security, high economic growth, whether it is flash in the pan or sustainable, it all comes to one major thing and that one major thing is leadership. Very soon, I do hope that we’ll bring leadership in all dimensions and in all ramifications.

“I realise that we have many Nigerians and there are not many good leaders in Nigeria. Whatever is the reason, it is something we have to tackle because we cannot continue the way it is.

“That brings me to the hope and the bright future that I see in what Profs. Akin Mabogunje and Peter Okebukola are putting together (the debate).

“It’s to try and prepare African youths, boys and girls, together that future belongs to you youths.

“Nobody will help Africa, nobody can help Africa and that is the truth. If we expect others from outside to come and help us, it is a second class help.

“What do I see for the future? We have caliber of women, men, young and old that Africa needs to put itself up and to make its voice heard in the world today and tomorrow.

“Alfred Mills explains in his book, ‘Why Africa is poor’ but it’s a choice, a choice that our leaders have made.

“But here watching you (students) at the college level and university level. I believe that the materials are there.“

Obasanjo said he was shocked when Alhaji Aliko Dangote told him that six Ph.D holders and 600 master degree holders were among applicants for truck drivers in his (Dangote) company.

He stated that the issue boils down to the problems of job creation, wealth creation, among others.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/03/nigeria-lacks-good-leaders-obj/#sthash.YdbouZEN.dpuf
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 02, 2013
I am so happy that baba is also one of our leaders. Does this assertion means that baba is also a bad leader??

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by visionbiafra: 11:52pm On Mar 02, 2013
Obj or whatever he calls himself is the worst and most hypocritical leader that Nigeria has ever seen

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 02, 2013
This is either a personal admittance of failure or an irrefutable definition of senility.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by tomakint: 12:02am On Mar 03, 2013
For goodness sake, but why is this Baba always ridiculing himself before the public glare! Here was a man 'privileged' to be Head of State (as a military man) for 4 yrs and President (as a civilian) for 8 yrs, but couldn't live up to expectation despite the myriads of opportunities before him, and now he is advising? Who is he advising? This same Obj that wasted $16 billion dollars on power? Baba legba should go and sit down, he is not that relevant undecided

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by takedat(m): 12:04am On Mar 03, 2013
Its an insult to one's intelligence hearing OBJ talk with vigour and enthusiasm on our lack of good leadership. It shows how treacherous and perfidious he is. Nigeria is paying a price continuously for the hijack of political space by common thugs, thieves, poker-faced con men and mediocre men and women, who are horrible in their quest to amass wealth as much as they can without regard for the nation, all orchestrated by OBJ's brand of do or die politics! Not minding the messenger, its an obvious truth that we are lacking in good leadership. All we have now are leaders who lack vision, men and women who cannot motivate performance or create sustainable value!

14 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by magaliyu(f): 12:15am On Mar 03, 2013
Charity begins at home.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by naijaking1: 12:26am On Mar 03, 2013
Irony, irony, ironieeeeee!!!
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by otokx(m): 2:32am On Mar 03, 2013
In developed countries OBJ should be cooling off in jail.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by redsun(m): 2:36am On Mar 03, 2013
grin : grin grin

Coming from this muderfucker. Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Dibiachukwu: 2:41am On Mar 03, 2013
Oya na Mr Ape Obasanjo. It is time to kill yourself and reduce our bad leaders by one wink

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by taharqa: 3:15am On Mar 03, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by redsun(m): 3:21am On Mar 03, 2013
Gej once said obj us losing his mind,way after I have said it though.

I think he got that right,obj has ran amorked. More like eating himself alive.

He has turned against himself by pointing out his own atrocities. While nigerians look on as always and that is why he able to convince university dons to grace his lectures. A case where academicians rob minds with hoodlums and traitors,while the youths are being led astray.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 03, 2013
Who is the thief that just said that? angry
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Fatdon(m): 8:10am On Mar 03, 2013
Leadership starts from our
immediate families. therefore
Obasanjo is a wrong person to
speak on leadership as he is not
a good leader starting from his
family. Nigerians made a
mistake by imposing Obasanjo
on Nigeria. How can a man
whose son accused of incest in
public speak of leadership. I de
laff.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by eggheaders(m): 8:21am On Mar 03, 2013
obj is living in a pimpers paradise and talking after consuming excess methyl mehn.he is the perfect definition of bad leadership and guilty for all the nonsense we stuck in today by forcing two nematodes to succeed him.when Nigeria finally get her footings the likes of obj,ibb,gej and other thieving nitwit will be doing lengthy times in kirikiri with hard labour. that why they will spin up and do anything to make buhari not be president of this nation.thumbs up my yoruba peeps for scolding our own evil brother unlike the popular our son comrades.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by jmaine: 8:25am On Mar 03, 2013
taharqa: Ok

Perfect response. . . . .

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by theripper: 9:44am On Mar 03, 2013
When atiku sef don dey talk of corruption, wetin remain again? Fooolish old man.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Gbawe: 9:59am On Mar 03, 2013
OBJ himself , perhaps more than any other politician alive today, promoted poor leaders, to the detriment of Nigeria, every chance he got. I don't think Nigeria has many bigger living enemies today than the likes of OBJ. It is obvious OBJ, with this hypocritical and narcissistic utterance disguised as nationalistic fervour, is not 'well-grounded' to say the least.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by gratiaeo(m): 10:09am On Mar 03, 2013
Abeg make una no blame the old man joor...... Na Yoruba and their BIG mouth

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by takedat(m): 10:34am On Mar 03, 2013
gratiaeo: Abeg make una no blame the old man joor...... Na Yoruba and their BIG mouth
You just won for yourself the world's most moronic comment award!

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Boss13: 11:10am On Mar 03, 2013
Is old age affecting Baba? Is he trying to reconcile with his heart?
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Scream(m): 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Boss13: Is old age affecting Baba? Is he trying to reconcile with his heart?

Baba has issues...
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by ITbomb(m): 1:19pm On Mar 03, 2013
in that case all former bad leaders should be rounded up and shot.
What do ya think?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by demmie1: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mere reading the topic is enough to make one curse this man. did he not spend a total of twelve years as the president? he should advise himself and pack all past and present leaders in a jumbo jet and crash it.
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by achinaboy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2013
Obj is an olodo just like other ex pres like him,,i support ITbomb
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by wazobiaforu(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2013
He said the TRUTH even if he is among the first victim of the word ..Obasanjo is the bigest satan in Nigeria.

We dont have good leader even the present president make it clear with his present retardeen actions

WHERE IS AKPORS to come and purify his master as usual but he should remember OBJ said Nigeria lack good Leader

Before i call 3 time come and purify your master or else!

AKPORS!
AKPORS!!
AKPORS!!!

Billyonaire = Akpors

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by PointB: 2:37pm On Mar 03, 2013
Classic case of irony!
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 03, 2013
You cant work alone as a leader,you need a collection of people that will give you result.Obj was far better

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by bigfat05: 4:55pm On Mar 03, 2013
YES [size=35pt]OBJ[/size] WAS THE BEST LEADER WE HAD IN NIGERIA AND I GUESS ALL OTHER LEADERS ARE BAD...I AM TRYING TO FIGURE HOW MUCH IS REMAINING IN HIS ACCOUNT, AT LEAST HE HAD A SHARE OF THE NIGERIAN CAKE WHEN HE WAS IN ASO ROCK ... cool
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by killuminati(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2013
Toto dey call pr*ick ash*awo
Re: Nigeria Lacks Good Leaders – OBJ by Juwon25: 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2013
babapupa: Former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Saturday, said Nigeria lacks good leadership to administer her enormous potentials.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Police, NASS Clerk, Others Meet Over Petition / cc / Benue Killings: Enough Of This War, Life Is Sacred — David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.