Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,311 members, 7,864,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:03 PM

Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt - Phones (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt (153294 Views)

Infinix X451 Race Bolt Q, One Of The Best Quad Core Smartphone. / Infinix Race Bolt Vs Tecno N7 / ALERT:Infinix X450 Race Bolt, is a Substandard Android Phone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by sunnyman(m): 11:11pm On May 06, 2013
phranco: pls this issue of battery prblm of infinix shuld not be over flogged.i think the phones performance is generally ok aside 4rm the ba3 life and low RAM.its a good phone though.afterall almighty blackberry also has ba3 issue,always drained within 3-4 hours heavy usage.i even have extra ba3 4 my BB.So condeming the product or ranting is not the solution.i rather suggest we go their fb page,commend the product,lay ur complaint in a polite manner i.e.complain abt the ba3 and RAM,ask them 2 upgrade their ba3 to at least 23-25000amh,and their ram to 1GB.i think in doing so,our suggestion will reach the appropriate quarter,rather than using rude statements and ur id's getting blocked. Infinix is a good piece of gadget anyway,u dont expect a 100% performance for a 25k android,hmmm u be thief?afterall there are some smart phones that is costlier than infinix that stil has this ba3 issue eg blackberry.so lets not condem them abeg.

my brother you are not correct oh, i bought one infinix race(x400) and i realy regret it, because the phone hangs while on multi task. ram is total 341mb available used and unused, and when browsing mennnn, the phone can boil water believe me am not joking u cant be holding it confortably for 1 hour browsing, i had to return it to carl care today. just 7 days old phone, not even talking of the battery, you charge for 3 hours and drain in two hours and the hotness na D.I.E, so people lets call a spade a spade, for now infinix need to go do some correction on thier phone, am realy hopping they will change mine, other wise i just use oxy-acetelyne gas to roast it, because any time i see the phone or remember i have it i feel rubbed.

1 Like

Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by Nobody: 12:31am On May 07, 2013
Godvilla: Na so una dey talk..... WE...WE and more WE!!!
i know dem all from d inception of dis thread...
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by MasterPDON: 2:34am On May 07, 2013
Omo mehn....... shocked shocked shocked
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by leTrizzle: 7:14am On May 07, 2013
Godvilla: Na so una dey talk..... WE...WE and more WE!!!
Name you and whoever dey ur side sabi, Andy u no see my previous post say my fone dey carlcare for a week,say na yesterday I go pick am?
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by leTrizzle: 7:16am On May 07, 2013
Godvilla: Na so una dey talk..... WE...WE an!d more WE!!!
Na you and whoever dey ur side sabi, And u no see my previous post say my fone dey carlcare for a week,say na yesterday I go pick am?
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by biomedixexcel(m): 8:29am On May 07, 2013
I don't even know his problem with N7 gaining ground! Any new phone will always better than N7 in his own view! He led many to buy infinix by just making assumption how d phone beat N7 but now guys should be cursing or blessing him depending on what he deserves...... Guys should stop listen to dis clown........ @ You
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by biomedixexcel(m): 8:40am On May 07, 2013
LESSONS LEARNT ON THIS THIS THREAD IS TO KNOW WHOM U LISTEN TO AND ADVICE U TAKE....
SEE A COPY OF MY POST AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS THREAD AND D QUOTE I GOT FROM ONE GUY LIKE DAT......

biomedixexcel: I WANT ALL OF U
SHOUTING "AM GOING FOR INFINIX " TO
CONSIDER THESE;
1. YOU DON'T KNOW ANY OF THEIR
PRODUCTS BEFORE
2. IT JUST CAME WITH SMART PHONES
3. NOT MANY COMPANIES CAN PRODUCE
QUALITY DUAL SIM PHONES LIKE TECNO
4. EVEN THE EXPERIENCED NOKIA
CORPORATION FUMBLED WITH THEIR
DUAL SIM PHONES
5. REMEMBER THAT TECNO STARTED
FROM SO LOW THROUGH THING AND
THICK, GRADUATED TO T8 AND T9
(TOUCH SCREEN PHONES), TO FEEBLE
ANDROID T1 (EXPERIMENTING), TO T3
(LESS STABLE) TO N3 (LOW MEMORY &
LESS STABLE) TO N3 (RAM INCREASED
&GENERALLY ACCEPTABLE) TO D3
( GENERALLY A CRAP, NOT SURE IF IT
BELONGS TO TECNO) AND TO BIG BOSS
N7.
I WANT U TO THINK TWICE

by mr.drizzy (m): 8:22pm On Mar 03; u to also remember that both of them are frm
china
also remember that techno is still a small
brand in asia
also knw that for that company to extend its
brand to nigeria..means dey are a quality
brand,becos there are many company/brands/
phones in aisa that are still locked there till
now due to low income
(novo,newman,star,xiaomi),because there are
many companies in the asia market,so for this
INFINIX .to come to africa,they have a
goal,and their 1st product can nvr be
substandard,becos that is market strategy(u
cant come into a new business with wacky
products) and they knw that,dnt bad mouth
them pls.oh and also dnt forget they too came
out with "INFINIX RACE LITE"and "INFINIX
RACE BUZZ" before this
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by adoptop70: 8:49am On May 07, 2013
le Trizzle: Kk,just got my fone back still testing it in their office.

wat is d performance now? compare to be4 any tangible improvement?
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by McWelling: 9:37am On May 07, 2013
pls,is infinix RACE a gud phone,does it have flip case,is it as strong as a branded phone.finally,where do i get it in lagos,and whats d price there?
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by biomedixexcel(m): 9:38am On May 07, 2013
McWelling: pls,is infinix RACE a gud phone,does it have flip case,is it as strong as a branded phone.finally,where do i get it in lagos,and whats d price there?
Better read d last 2 pages!!!
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by McWelling: 9:59am On May 07, 2013
biomedixexcel:
Better read d last 2 pages!!!
Race o,nt race bolt,but all i've been reading is discouraging on infinix o,is there any nice plain touchscreen strong ba3 android phone around,i have 17k
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by biomedixexcel(m): 10:05am On May 07, 2013
McWelling: Race o,nt race bolt,but all i've been reading is discouraging on infinix o,is there any nice plain touchscreen strong ba3 android phone around,i have 17k
Tecno QI.....touch and type.....16k
Tecno N3.....Touch....13k
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2013
biomedixexcel:
Tecno N3 is 12K now
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by leTrizzle: 11:47am On May 07, 2013
adoptop70:

wat is d performance now? compare to be4 any tangible improvement?
So far so good,hasn't gotten so hot that I need to do a battery pull. The bollocks did some sort of upgrade or wipe cos I lost all my apps n my root too.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by africanboy(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2013
I am unable to read the entire thread, too many diversions from the main topic.

But my experience with the Race Lite. I bought the phone a couple of days ago and I am regretting the purchase. Maybe, it is as a result of me having used several android phones before now, or I had high expectations, I am not sure. I bought the phone on price and I am paying the price. It is a decent with decent specs, very much a mid range phone. I did not expect Galaxy S3 range performance but I did expect something to match my HTC Desire HD (a single core phone from 2010).

I unboxed the phone and my wife fell in love with it, but unfortunately, it isnt for her. Extra flip covers and a casing. Protecting the back of the phone but leaving the front vulnerable. I would have expected a single flip cover as opposed to 3 back covers. Here, high expectations.

I proceeded to install the common apps I use, some came preinstalled, e.g Facebook, Whatsapp. I proceeded to add Airdroid, Instagram, Twidere, Bible, ExExplorer, MxPlayer, SwiftKey. Some installed, some didnt. Important ones on the phone, I was okay. Next step was to search for root information. I need AdAway. It is essential for me. No root information available, only thread available was the Nairaland thread on Race Bolt X450. Searched on the main InfinixMobility site, nothing. Nothing on XDA, its not a large name brand. Went on Facebook, still nothing.

I resorted to using the phone as is. I wanted to live a week without root so I could blog my experience. Following day, I encountered the usual experience of android phone users - updates. I connected to WiFi and proceeded to update, all failed. The phone had run out of space. I checked the internal memory, 128MB. Really? I understand the need to reduce costs by using smaller components, but I expected the developers to trick the OS into using the sdcard as part of its internal storage. If I had root, I could have symlinked a folder on sdcard to the internal storage, but no root.

Opening the app drawer and the icons seemed to forget where their positions were. I had to slide the drawer to get them to rearrange themselves. I would have loved to install another drawer app but I have run out of space. I tried to move applications to sdcard, but that frustrated me even further. Most apps don't want to run from the sdcard, case in point - Facebook, Airdroid, SwiftKey, WhatsApp etc.

My preferred keyboard is SwiftKey, but every time I restarted the phone, it decides that I wish to use the default android keyboard. A workaround, avoid restarting the phone. Another issue, when the battery fell to 15%, I plugged it in and it remained there. Remained there. It didn't go above 15%, despite being in power for over an hour. I unplugged, restarted and it came up with the actual battery amount - 79%.

I am a clumsy user. I have broken the screens of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 7+ and HTC Desire HD. Hence my decision to buy on price. The infinix race lite fell (a soft fall) and switched off. Why? Is that a feature or a bug?

One more thing, if you choose to reset the phone to factory settings, ensure you do not wipe the sdcard, some default apps are preinstalled on the card.

My overall verdict - the phone is only good for people who do not need a smart phone. If you are a casual user, go for a Symbian or a feature phone. If you are a heavy user and want to fully enjoy Android (or a smart phone), save a bit more and go a low end big name brand.

Score: 3/10.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by techfreak: 5:50pm On May 07, 2013
Guys pls does d infinix joypad hav problems like d racebolt. pls help i wanna buy it....!
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by shadelek(m): 10:33pm On May 07, 2013
Me still dey enjoy my N7 grin grin
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by McWelling: 1:08am On May 08, 2013
biomedixexcel:
thanx but,tecno n3 has a problem that if call entas while u r using any app,d app restarts,i dnt want that,any more ideas,i dnt want to waste money
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by Nobody: 7:06am On May 08, 2013
McWelling: thanx but,tecno n3 has a problem that if call entas while u r using any app,d app restarts,i dnt want that,any more ideas,i dnt want to waste money
it doesnt hav anything like dat... am uising it nw
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by McWelling: 7:54am On May 08, 2013
i think i should go 4 gionee,i need a great model,i have 18k,any idea
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by leTrizzle: 8:14am On May 08, 2013
saxywale: This topic was created to prevent the tecno N7 thread from being derailed. It's for those that have bought or thinking of buying an infinix race bolt. Everyone is welcomed and can contribute to this topic.
I bought an infinix x450 popularly called a race bolt a week ago to compliment my HTC desire HD. The phone was sold for 25500. So far I have had no issues with this phone. The specification is below.

Network: 3G/2G
Dimension: 136*68*9.1mm
Display: 4.5 Capacitive touch screen
Processor: 1.0 Ghz Dual Core
battery: 1700mAh
Camera: 8.0MP back with flash and 0.3MP front
Memory:4GB+512 internal memory
Connectivity: Wifi, Wifi hotspot, GPS, AGPS, USB, Bluetooth 3.0
Sensor: G sensor, Light sensor, Proximity Sensor
Additional:FM radio, Dual Sim, 1year Warranty Platinum Card, free case, free 8Gb memory card, earphone.

Infinix in Nigeria Shares same service centre with tecno i.e Carlcare.

The battery is good. Even with 3g conection on, it last about 30hours with moderate use. I.e moderate browsing, game and music . with heavy use say from 8 till 5pm. The battery would have dropped to bout 12% by 4 - 5pm and that 12%. The 12% could last an additional one hour or more with heavy use!

The phone is fast(with no lags), amazing for games and videos. It has rich contrast and colour, I am not suprised here, might be a result of the 540 x 960 screen resolution. It even comes loaded with a trimmed version of asphalt 6 and shark attack . it comes with flash player and youtube app as well. The Browsing experience is great. Browsing is fast both on phone and when tethered with laptop. Its very easy to connect contacts despite the phone being dual sim.it performed well above my expectation.

All pics taken with a Samsung PL121 digital camera.

.......wondering if its the same race bolt that I have or its another phone entirely.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by WackyJ1(m): 9:35am On May 08, 2013
le Trizzle:

.......wondering if its the same race bolt that I have or its another phone entirely.
Sir you've not given us your review after getting your phone back from carlcare.
Did the hotness reduce?
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by leTrizzle: 10:26am On May 08, 2013
WackyJ1:
Sir you've not given us your review after getting your phone back from carlcare.
Did the hotness reduce?
Sorry,i didn't notice any difference except that the time it takes to charge the battery seems to have reduced a bit,it still gets hot but hasn't asked for a battery pull since ,plus I lost all my apps,thats the annoying part.
Twas just a waste of time.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by ehissi(m): 8:00pm On May 08, 2013
In that case! I think the best solution (since infinix don't take too kindly to criticism on their facebook page) is to craete a facebook page . I recommend that we here first agree to christian a Facebook page name here (so as to help us identify with each other quickly) and take pictures of all the defective ifinix phones, their cases and make its membership open so that we can register our misgiving and if possible demand some form of compensation for those who have been robbed or"rubbed" as the case may be. What say U all. I recommend we dub the page " save Nigerians from infinix". I also recommend that an admin for the page be nominated from among those who were robbed by infinix and we fellow nairalanders go there and cook up a storm. I also recommend that we use a picture of infinix phone case with the name of the company showing clearly as the facebook profile picture for the page!! Who will second this motion??

1 Like

Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by biz2get(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2013
Wait wait, you all don't reason....

what do you expect of a fone whose ba3 is 1700mah ummm
Bcus it is called a smart phone running android os, you want to use it like a 7ice laptop..

How will you will do 3tinz at once on a 512ram and expect it doesn't get hot or run the ba3...

Here a solution I gave to a guy, 'don't use this fone if you leave in a place we're there's no good fan or an AC!'

If you think am lieing try it. You won't know if it Eva got hot in you harms nor until you enta an heated environment....

Note : b4 you buy this fone there questions you need to ask yourself...
Eg. What exactly re you buying this fone for.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by physise(m): 8:12pm On May 08, 2013
ehissi: In that case! I think the best solution (since infinix don't take too kindly to criticism on their facebook page) is to craete a facebook page . I recommend that we here first agree to christian a Facebook page name here (so as to help us identify with each other quickly) and take pictures of all the defective ifinix phones, their cases and make its membership open so that we can register our misgiving and if possible demand some form of compensation for those who have been robbed or"rubbed" as the case may be. What say U all. I recommend we dub the page " save Nigerians from infinix". I also recommend that an admin for the page be nominated from among those who were robbed by infinix and we fellow nairalanders go there and cook up a storm. I also recommend that we use a picture of infinix phone case with the name of the company showing clearly as the facebook profile picture for the page!! Who will second this motion??
i support
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by techfreak: 8:28pm On May 08, 2013
i second
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 08, 2013
biz2get: Wait wait, you all don't reason....

what do you expect of a fone whose ba3 is 1700mah ummm
Bcus it is called a smart phone running android os, you want to use it like a 7ice laptop..

How will you will do 3tinz at once on a 512ram and expect it doesn't get hot or run the ba3...

Here a solution I gave to a guy, 'don't use this fone if you leave in a place we're there's no good fan or an AC!'

If you think am lieing try it. You won't know if it Eva got hot in you harms nor until you enta an heated environment....

Note : b4 you buy this fone there questions you need to ask yourself...
Eg. What exactly re you buying this fone for.

AM SOWI 2 SAY BUT U SOUND SOOO STUPID!!!
WHAT EXACTLY AM I BUYING A FONE 4?
SERIOUSLY, I BUY A SMARTFONE FOR SMART AND INTUITIVE USE AND NOT FOR BOILING EGGS AND PRESSING CLOTHS.....................
BESIDES, TECNO N3 RUNS MORE DAN 3 APPS SEEMLESSLY

1 Like

Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by kendrick36: 4:26am On May 09, 2013
So i see a couple of people complaining about this phone's battery... well... A friend just got the Samsung Galaxy s4 yesterday and after full charge.... the battery barely lasted 5 hours over mild usage...... I've used the RaceBolt... and don't need a lot of convincing to let you know the battery is pretty okay..... lasts about 6 hours on 3G use.. though it takes time to charge..... I usually charge mine with the data connection off..... If you want a low budget phone that gets the job done... this phone is your sure bet.... and about the heat... I've never had to pull the battery out before... maybe i'm not a heavy user though.... Y'all go buy whatever phone works for you... but i look forward to future brands of infinix... I'll definitely fuxx with them ...

1 Like

Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by Nobody: 7:00am On May 09, 2013
kendrick36: So i see a couple of people complaining about this phone's battery... well... A friend just got the Samsung Galaxy s4 yesterday and after full charge.... the battery barely lasted 5 hours over mild usage...... I've used the RaceBolt... and don't need a lot of convincing to let you know the battery is pretty okay..... lasts about 6 hours on 3G use.. though it takes time to charge..... I usually charge mine with the data connection off..... If you want a low budget phone that gets the job done... this phone is your sure bet.... and about the heat... I've never had to pull the battery out before... maybe i'm not a heavy user though.... Y'all go buy whatever phone works for you... but i look forward to future brands of infinix... I'll definitely fuxx with them ...
I CAN CLEARLY SEE THE HANDWRITINGS ON THE WALL.
U COMAPRE DIS HEATER 2 SAMSUNG GS4?
ABEG GO SLEEP JOR.... CHINKO SGS4 NOT THE REAL S4 WHICH IMPRESSED IN THE BATTERY TEST CONDUCTED BY GSM ARENA OF RECENT.
Re: Infinix X450 Android Phone (ICS)- Race Bolt by cybermaven(f): 11:36am On May 09, 2013
le Trizzle:
Sorry,i didn't notice any difference except that the time it takes to charge the battery seems to have reduced a bit,it still gets hot but hasn't asked for a battery pull since ,plus I lost all my apps,thats the annoying part.
Twas just a waste of time.

what's the time-to-charge difference. Before and After.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (60) (Reply)

Jiayu F2,S2,S3,G4-G4s,G5-G5s,G6 Discussion Thread / Solution To ANY soft/hard Bricked Android Phones/tablets, Blackberry's, PS3 / New Airtel Internet Bundle Plans, Prices And Activation Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.