Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily (13321 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / The Number Of Private Jets In Nigeria - NCAA / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by specialguest(f): 6:07pm On Mar 03, 2013
No fewer than 42 private jets land at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos daily.

A statement obtained by our correspondent from Nigeria’s first commercial private jet hangar, Evergreen Apple Nigeria, on Friday indicated that it received 15 private jet fights everyday.

But further findings on Friday from two aviation agencies, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority showed that a total of 1,200 private jet flights landed at the Lagos airport every month.

And by implication, it means at least 300 of the flights are recorded every week and 42 every day.

Of the 1,200 private flight jets, it was learnt that 450 arrived at Evergreen Apple hanger, while the remaining 750 jets landed at Execujets hangar and other private hangars at the Lagos airport.

Private aircraft movements have been on the rise in Nigeria lately due to the increase in ownership of luxury planes.

Other airports where there is a boom in private jet flights are Abuja, Kano and Kaduna.

Evergreen, which recently stated that it was monitoring the upward trends in the aviation business, said its daily private jet movements were running to an average of 15 flights.

The firm said its “business aviation movements have increased by over 100 per cent year-on-year, and daily movements are running at an average of 15 daily.”

According to the firm, flights are arriving into the FBO predominantly from Europe with London, Ireland, Germany, Spain, France and Austria, all featuring as regular starting points as they bring business executives into Nigeria.

It said, “Flight arrivals from the Middle East are also growing with Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Aman rating highest in terms of originating destinations.

“Within the continent of Africa, the movements mirror comments operators and charter brokers are making in terms of most active destinations. National flights within Nigeria and from further afield including Gambia, Cameroon, Ghana and Equatorial Guinea all reflect the increase in African business aviation activity driven by the continent’s continued expansion of energy, mineral, agricultural and telecom sectors.”

The statement quoted the Chief Executive Officer of Evergreen, Mr. Segun Demuren, as saying, “Owing to the size of the continent, the mid to heavy jets are proving most popular at the EAN Hangar Jet Centre. Gulfstream 400/450 models, the Bombardier Global Express family and the full range of the Bombardier Challenger types from 601s to 850s are regularly parking up at the hangar.

“The range of the aircraft enables business executives and government officials travelling around Africa and further afield to the Middle East and Europe to travel in the most convenient and efficient way.”

It was learnt that charter operators provided the main body of traffic through the airport but increasingly, privately owned aircraft belonging to local entrepreneurs were also contributing to the movement figures.

In addition, the increased movements had led to a greater demand for premium services, Evergreen said.

http://www.punchng.com/business/42-private-jets-land-at-lagos-airport-daily/
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by specialguest(f): 6:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
I am not sure of the appropriate section to post this. However the mods can assist by doing their job.

By the way, i had no idea Lagos airport was that busy shocked private jet owners wuna well done oo.
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
This time next year " go slow" go catch aeroplane lipsrsealed meanwhile, second to comment.. swag cool

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by specialguest(f): 6:42pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hehehe it would be nice to see roadsafety , vio and even police check points at 35000 feet above sea level. As you said sheyie2007, they would be mounted in the sky to control the "go slow"
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
By the grace of God i will be an owner of one someday in Jesus name.

13 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 03, 2013
that is our money flying

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 03, 2013
What's now my own abeg? *i pass*
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 03, 2013
Teacher: What do politicians and preachers have in common?

Akpors: Failed promises, lies and mumu supporters.. But lots of money...

5 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Jerryjat(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
So help us Lord...
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Mikkyhandy(m): 8:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
Na dem sabi jo
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Degis(m): 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2013
musKeeto: Teacher: What do politicians and preachers have in common?

Akpors: Failed promises, lies and mumu supporters.. But lots of money...

What do mosquitoes and atheists have in common

Akpors: Foolishness

11 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by tiarabubu: 8:02pm On Mar 03, 2013

42 private jet (Flights) land at Lagos airport daily

I wish these reporters will not continue to mislead people with their wrong headlines. From the headline it would appear 1,200 private jets land in Lagos. However, from the article they meant 1,200 FLIGHTS involving private Jets land in Lagos every month. A single private jet can take off and land in Lagos everyday and it should not imply that these are jets but FLIGHTS.

15 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by adebahyor: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Mine too will be mentioned among this jets soon by his MERCY.

3 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Hardeywerlay(m): 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
Senseless and Utter Wastefulness of Resources
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Tolexander: 8:03pm On Mar 03, 2013
They said 1200 private jets land in the airport monthly. Seems there is a possibility of the same jet landing up to 20 times a month.

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by lawyer(m): 8:04pm On Mar 03, 2013
All this private jet this, private jet that gossip talk is getting out of hand and is nothing short of beef talk! Work hard and someday you will either cruise in a private jet or have the money to buy one for yourself. The fact you complain and gossip about people who own private jets daily won't change the fact that they own one and are probably enjoying the ambience of one now, while pepper body de worry you! Free them abeg and work hard to own yours!

7 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by AbrantieGH(m): 8:11pm On Mar 03, 2013
specialguest: No fewer than 42 private jets land at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos daily.

A statement obtained by our correspondent from Nigeria’s first commercial private jet hangar, Evergreen Apple Nigeria, on Friday indicated that it received 15 private jet fights everyday.

But further findings on Friday from two aviation agencies, Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority showed that a total of 1,200 private jet flights landed at the Lagos airport every month.

And by implication, it means at least 300 of the flights are recorded every week and 42 every day.

Of the 1,200 private flight jets, it was learnt that 450 arrived at Evergreen Apple hanger, while the remaining 750 jets landed at Execujets hangar and other private hangars at the Lagos airport.

Private aircraft movements have been on the rise in Nigeria lately due to the increase in ownership of luxury planes.

Other airports where there is a boom in private jet flights are Abuja, Kano and Kaduna.

Evergreen, which recently stated that it was monitoring the upward trends in the aviation business, said its daily private jet movements were running to an average of 15 flights.

The firm said its “business aviation movements have increased by over 100 per cent year-on-year, and daily movements are running at an average of 15 daily.”

According to the firm, flights are arriving into the FBO predominantly from Europe with London, Ireland, Germany, Spain, France and Austria, all featuring as regular starting points as they bring business executives into Nigeria.

It said, “Flight arrivals from the Middle East are also growing with Dubai, Saudi Arabia and Aman rating highest in terms of originating destinations.

“Within the continent of Africa, the movements mirror comments operators and charter brokers are making in terms of most active destinations. National flights within Nigeria and from further afield including Gambia, Cameroon, Ghana and Equatorial Guinea all reflect the increase in African business aviation activity driven by the continent’s continued expansion of energy, mineral, agricultural and telecom sectors.”

The statement quoted the Chief Executive Officer of Evergreen, Mr. Segun Demuren, as saying, “Owing to the size of the continent, the mid to heavy jets are proving most popular at the EAN Hangar Jet Centre. Gulfstream 400/450 models, the Bombardier Global Express family and the full range of the Bombardier Challenger types from 601s to 850s are regularly parking up at the hangar.

“The range of the aircraft enables business executives and government officials travelling around Africa and further afield to the Middle East and Europe to travel in the most convenient and efficient way.”

It was learnt that charter operators provided the main body of traffic through the airport but increasingly, privately owned aircraft belonging to local entrepreneurs were also contributing to the movement figures.

In addition, the increased movements had led to a greater demand for premium services, Evergreen said.

http://www.punchng.com/business/42-private-jets-land-at-lagos-airport-daily/

And so?
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
Time to turn my private jet hangar to commercial it seems business is booming
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by JayKayMaybachz(m): 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2013
Okay !!! I don hear ... Will these reduce the rate of unemployment !n the country Will it stop Boko Haram from bombing destroying peoples life and property ?? Will it stop our selfish politicians from looting our money(s) ... or will it put food on our respective table ?? Nairalanders abeg make una answer those questions .. e get some fhings when me dey see e dey vexa me die ... co to develop countries that's not case ..... we are here boasting of private jets landing and taking off ... whyle others are boasting of job opportunities, good governance, advance technology etc .... abegy make una park wella like old passat

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Blackgold09(f): 8:16pm On Mar 03, 2013
Timflex: that is our money flying
Na your how much dey inside?

3 Likes

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2013
I hear!!!
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by fkaz(m): 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2013
This shows that our economic is improving grin grin

if i catch you, say you quote me

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by pomporiking: 8:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
Why don't u focus on getting ur own rather than tell us info we don't give a phuck about
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Freiburger(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2013
fkaz: This shows that our economic is improving grin grin

grin
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by bodee(m): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2013
specialguest: Hehehe it would be nice to see roadsafety , vio and even police check points at 35000 feet above sea level. As you said sheyie2007, they would be mounted in the sky to control the "go slow"
you are employing a figure of speech called 'hyperbole'

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by specialguest(f): 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2013
fkaz: This shows that our economic is improving grin grin

If the amount of people landing and taking off are making positive impact in Nigeria, then i guess the economy is improving..
Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by specialguest(f): 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2013
tiarabubu:

42 private jet (Flights) land at Lagos airport daily

I wish these reporters will not continue to mislead people with their wrong headlines. From the headline it would appear 1,200 private jets land in Lagos. However, from the article they meant 1,200 FLIGHTS involving private Jets land in Lagos every month. A single private jet can take off and land in Lagos everyday and it should not imply that these are jets but FLIGHTS.

The English may not have been used in the right context but you would agree that 1200 jet 'flights' lading in Lagos Airport per month signifies something serious is happening there. As stated in the article most of those flights bring business executives from all destinations into Nigeria and most importantly the increase in Business aviation activity is a major Economic indicator that Nigeria is making progress despite all the negative reports of bombings and killings everywhere. Personally i am happy to read about this development.

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by gerrardomendes(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2013
Hardeywerlay: Senseless and Utter Wastefulness of Resources
a poor man would neva live in a brick house cos he believes its too hot. i wont nid a hangar for my jets,too small. wil build a wardrobe

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by ocelot2006(m): 10:00pm On Mar 03, 2013
'can't say I'm suprised. Afterall, Lagos is Nigeria's commercial capital, and a main hub in West Africa.

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by martyns303(m): 10:01pm On Mar 03, 2013
specialguest: I am not sure of the appropriate section to post this. However the mods can assist by doing their job.

By the way, i had no idea Lagos airport was that busy shocked private jet owners wuna well done oo.
flying that airspace is a nightmare, extremely busy for its limited facilities.

1 Like

Re: 42 Private Jets Land At Lagos Airport Daily by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 03, 2013
1200 ?? And they say that naija is poor grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Landed In Calgary Canada / Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud / World Airline Awards 2014- The Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.