Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? (13195 Views)

Top 10 Mysterious Places Of The World / Fun Places Of Kids In Lagos / Places Of Interest to visit In Lagos Pls (2) (3) (4)

Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2011
Although we're not tourists, we're going to visit family, I'd like to ask for any tips to a interesting places (nature reservations, wonders, architecture, zoo, anything!) We'll be near Enugu (in Udi) and we do have a car. We can even go somewhere and stay over night, we're famlily of 4 with 2small kids. Any ideas appreciated! Many Thanks smiley
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ak47mann(m): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2011
nice family pix you got there wink wink am not from enugu state wait till you get comments from enugu state people they will no better, cool
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by teaparty1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2011
Yeah, I am from enugu. Precisely in Udi, you can take a drive around the famous Udi milkyhill. you might also like to see the ever green Ngwo pine forest (ideal for pick-nicks)
There is also the Enugu Museum, the awhum water fall, the okpala mines,etc
Am sure you will have fun in enugu. especially their wonderful delicacies, okpa, abacha, ede soup, ukwa, etc.
Enjoy with your family!!!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ayusman16(m): 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2011
spoony:

Although we're not tourists, we're going to visit family, I'd like to ask for any tips to a interesting places (nature reservations, wonders, architecture, zoo, anything!) We'll be near Enugu (in Udi) and we do have a car. We can even go somewhere and stay over night, we're famlily of 4 with 2small kids. Any ideas appreciated! Many Thanks smiley

Beware of kidnappers and ritualists.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ak47mann(m): 3:02pm On Nov 16, 2011
ayusman16:

this guy i hope you are sixteen as your i.d claim, because boy you sound like your mama was standing up when she was pushing you out of her puzzy cool
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2011
spoony:

Well, i wouldnt say very interesting places. I've been in Enugu state since 1995. The zoo was a little bit interesting but has been moved to Nsukka (So i heard). But there are places you can visit like Nike Lake, Ngwo Milken hills, then some hang outs like Bush house and much more.

I wish you a lot fun during your stay.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by marocguy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2011
you can visit the lakeside at the protea resort nike lake hotel.
The zoo and museum which are closely situated at ogui junction wud be cul too.
The new berries park,a nyc place too is situated in d museum.
Since you are in udi,u can visit d awhum monastry. Has a nyc waterfall there and environs. You could stay ova if you wish. Very quiet n natural,with accomodatn. Not strictly for religious visits.
Or you could go to town and hangout at numerous eateries,shoprite and exotic hotels around town.
Also the local joints around town. Just have the right guide,and ur fun cud be unlimited an unforgotable,an experience.
Enjoy ma peaceful beautiful city!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ayusman16(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2011
ayusman16:

You are entitle to your own stupidity.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2011
Re: "Beware of kidnappers and ritualists." ,  do you suggest that people will kidnap me/us because of our skin colour? Because we are not rich or famous or anything that could give the wrong idea of our family having some money to pay as a ransom. We are not going into dangerous areas (Delta state, near oil companies etc) and although things can happen (my husband was robbed once in a bus) HOW EXACTLY would you BEWARE? I want my childern to see their grandparents and I think we'll be safe.

And "ritualists",  I don't believe in juju or any kind of magic, I believe that we have (more less) our lives in our hands. Last time we have seen this shiran (sorry don't know how to spell it) and I went to observe it from close-up (been warned not to) and guess what? nothing happened! I'm not saying I don't respect your culture but come on! Some old superstitions are silly!

Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ayusman16(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2011
spoony:

Re: "Beware of kidnappers and ritualists." , do you suggest that people will kidnap me/us because of our skin colour? Because we are not rich or famous or anything that could give the wrong idea of our family having some money to pay as a ransom. We are not going into dangerous areas (Delta state, near oil companies etc) and although things can happen (my husband was robbed once in a bus) HOW EXACTLY would you BEWARE? I want my childern to see their grandparents and I think we'll be safe.

And "ritualists", I don't believe in juju or any kind of magic, I believe that we have (more less) our lives in our hands. Last time we have seen this shiran (sorry don't know how to spell it) and I went to observe it from close-up (been warned not to) and guess what? nothing happened! I'm not saying I don't respect your culture but come on! Some old superstitions are silly!

Good thing for them to see that. Just asking you to beware if u like to.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2011
marocguy:

you can visit the lakeside at the protea resort nike lake hotel.
The zoo and museum which are closely situated at ogui junction wud be cul too.
The new berries park,a nyc place too is situated in d museum.
Since you are in udi,u can visit d awhum monastry. Has a nyc waterfall there and environs. You could stay ova if you wish. Very quiet n natural,with accomodatn. Not strictly for religious visits.
Or you could go to town and hangout at numerous eateries,shoprite and exotic hotels around town.
Also the local joints around town. Just have the right guide,and your fun cud be unlimited an unforgotable,an experience.
Enjoy ma peaceful beautiful city!

The zoo has been moved. But the museum is something else. Not because of the Museum itself, but the activities in the museum complex. For instance new berries, but not really that,   There is a hang out section AFTER the museum, Some people dont know about it.

spoony:

Re: "Beware of kidnappers and ritualists." ,  do you suggest that people will kidnap me/us because of our skin colour? Because we are not rich or famous or anything that could give the wrong idea of our family having some money to pay as a ransom. We are not going into dangerous areas (Delta state, near oil companies etc) and although things can happen (my husband was robbed once in a bus) HOW EXACTLY would you BEWARE? I want my childern to see their grandparents and I think we'll be safe.

And "ritualists",  I don't believe in juju or any kind of magic, I believe that we have (more less) our lives in our hands. Last time we have seen this shiran (sorry don't know how to spell it) and I went to observe it from close-up (been warned not to) and guess what? nothing happened! I'm not saying I don't respect your culture but come on! Some old superstitions are silly!

Lol, how come you know about the word "Juju" Hmmm, I am beginning to suspect you, lolz
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Good thing for them to see that. Just asking you to beware if u like to.

Just one question for you. Is this how others spoil the name of their countries/states to you?
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ayusman16(m): 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
Dere I:

Just one question for you. Is this how others spoil the name of their countries/states to you?

Any crime asking one to beware?
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Is that the first impression you wanna give someone visiting your country? Na wa for you oo, Anyways, i reserve my comments
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2011
No it's not, but all we can do is be carefull because in my own world "Beware" = "informed" and that is what we are. No need to stir panic around. wink
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by renewnaija(m): 3:42pm On Nov 16, 2011
@ poster.

If you are white, I suggest you be careful about coming to Nigeria and going beyond Lagos & Abuja to the S/S and S/E. I'm not discouraging you but I guess that is why you came to this forum so we can give you advice. Just be careful and have a Plan B, C & X. The terrorist & kidnapping news aren't lying & there's no smoke without fire.

Better safe than sorry. Hope you have fun though.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ayusman16(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2011
spoony:

No it's not, but all we can do is be carefull because in my own world "Beware" = "informed" and that is what we are. No need to stir panic around. wink

Yeah right. But we can warn people not to visit Maiduguri, Bauchi and some northern states abi? Ok. Pardon me.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by spoony(f): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2011
Guys keep posting your tips and ideas, we have been there in 2007, we've been to Nike Lake and then some waterfalls in a jungle but thats about it and I'm sure there is more, its just that my hubby's been away for long and he's never been into turistic destinations! smiley Thank you all for your responses and good wishes!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2011
ayusman16:

Yeah right. But we can warn people not to visit Maiduguri, Bauchi and some northern states abi? Ok. Pardon me.

Who warned you not to visit those states? Please can you visit Jos for me? and if you have the time, go through Borno and Bauchi please? grin
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2011
spoony:

Guys keep posting your tips and ideas, we have been there in 2007, we've been to Nike Lake and then some waterfalls in a jungle but thats about it and I'm sure there is more, its just that my hubby's been away for long and he's never been into turistic destinations! smiley Thank you all for your responses and good wishes!

Ah, means you aint a newbie, Abeg carry go jooooooooooor (Means Ride on Please), Lolz
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by Konnektions146(m): 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
@Op,

please  no need to panic,  Enugu is a beautiful place, i know u`ll totally enjoy yourself, dont mind people tryin to make yu feel otherwise.

wen yu re in enugu, a lot of places to visit inside the city

then yu can visit
-Ngwo pine forest(Ngwo)
-miliken Hills(the old road from Ngwo to Enugu town)
-Opi Nsukka Lake(in Opi, Nsukka Local Govt area)
-Awhum water fall(there is a monastery there)
-National Musuem near old Government Lodge, abakaliki Road
-Nike lake resort(A big Hotel by the lake side---just by Abkpa nike, Enugu East Local Govt)
-Eucalyptus Reserve, Okpara Square, independence layout
-Awhum Cave(Udi Local govt)
-Onyeama mine
-Eastern region parliamentary building
-iheneke lake
etc

wishin yu de very best as yu visit THE COAL CITY

Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by DereI(f): 4:10pm On Nov 16, 2011
Konnektions146:

@Op,

please  no need to panic,  Enugu is a beautiful place, i know u`ll totally enjoy yourself, dont mind people tryin to make yu feel otherwise.

wen yu re in enugu, a lot of places to visit inside the city

then yu can visit
-Ngwo pine forest(Ngwo)
-miliken Hills(the old road from Ngwo to Enugu town)
-Opi Nsukka Lake(in Opi, Nsukka Local Govt area)
-Awhum water fall(there is a monastery there)
-National Musuem near old Government Lodge, abakaliki Road
-Nike lake resort(A big Hotel by the lake side---just by Abkpa nike, Enugu East Local Govt)
-Eucalyptus Reserve, Okpara Square, independence layout
-Awhum Cave(Udi Local govt)
-Onyeama mine
-Eastern region parliamentary building
-iheneke lake
etc

wishin yu de very best as yu visit THE COAL CITY

I think i will visit some of those mentioned places. Didnt know some of those. Hmmm, cool cool

Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by nadico(m): 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
more places of interesting in Enugu, Item seven at nza street ind layout 4ur hot fresh fish delicacy, mama onyinye joint at nkwoagu udi 4ur point and kill bush meat, ijengala place at nike road for ur tap and drink fresh palmwine, then nigeria breweries beer carnival at GTC college abakaliki rd 4all round entertainment from music,jokes,suya,dance and very chilled beer startin December 1st 2011.Lots to Enjoy in Enugu
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by KINGwax(m): 4:47pm On Nov 16, 2011
Dere I:

yeah, u might be asked to stay away from the bronx in U.S.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by blank(f): 6:07pm On Nov 16, 2011
Its been a while since i was in Enugu. Is 18 seconds still bubbling though i know flavour has left. Want to recommend there to a friend and i don't know it is now.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by ak47mann(m): 6:20pm On Nov 16, 2011
look this bush people abeg is the poster only none African or European visiting SE/SS ? dumb Bottom people my brothers wife she is white last Christmas she was in nnewi in my village i got pixs if i want i post it but no need i will even advice poster to avoid any state that have Muslims living there, Lagos and Abuja and few of them because of boko haram.

poster don't listen to this people you have been to enugu b4 is a peaceful place at list you are safe from Islamic fundamentalism

they have chase all their investors away from northern states and Lagos now most oil companies are moving their head office back 2 oil producing states  cool cool they feel safe living with Christians at list you will not get blown up cool cool
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by HighChief4(m): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2011
nadico:

more places of interesting in Enugu, Item seven at nza street ind layout 4ur hot fresh fish delicacy, mama onyinye joint at nkwoagu udi 4ur point and kill bush meat, ijengala place at nike road for your tap and drink fresh palmwine, then nigeria breweries beer carnival at GTC college abakaliki rd 4all round entertainment from music,jokes,suya,dance and very chilled beer startin December 1st 2011.Lots to Enjoy in Enugu

How could you leave out EMILLY RESTAURANT off Ogui Rd, Nwanyi-Mgbeke joint at Udi town(thou I prefer Mama Onyinye).
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by okunoba(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2011
Relocating to Nigeria, but not sure of the best place to move to. I am thinking of Enugu for the cleanliness, the chance to learn another language and calmness, Calaba for the same reason plus the added addition of a beach and my home town of Ife. Which is better guys?
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by johnboyy(m): 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2011
Enugu!
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by unipol(m): 8:30pm On Nov 16, 2011
the most stuborn thing on earth is truth. though not acceptable at most time.
BEWARE OF KIDNAPPERS AND CRIMINALS. enugu is a beautiful city. there are good places like national museum, nike lake resulted hotel, polo park
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by Godmann(m): 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2011
unipol:

the most stuborn thing on earth is truth. though not acceptable at most time.
BEWARE OF KIDNAPPERS AND CRIMINALS. enugu is a beautiful city. there are good places like national museum, nike lake resulted hotel, polo park

Please do not mind the above fools. I am from Enugu state, though works and lives in Lagos. There is hardly a place in Enugu that is not safe. Except for may be Awgu/Oji axis, you can drive to anywhere anytime in th night. As for during the day time, walk around any where and feel free.

No body will intimidate or harm you.

Enugu people generally respects visitors. Even at the peak of the kidnapping in the East, Enugu had the least reported cases. Even those that was reported that I know were politically motivated.

Please feel free and enjoy Enugu.

I can give you my contacts if you are any how unsure.
Re: Any Places Of Interest In Enugu? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 16, 2011
okunoba:

Relocating to Nigeria, but not sure of the best place to move to. I am thinking of Enugu for the cleanliness, the chance to learn another language and calmness, Calaba for the same reason plus the added addition of a beach and my home town of Ife. Which is better guys?

Enugu is a nice place. The people are very calm and peace-loving. Probably, a good place to raise a family.

Calabar too is fine.(They are quite loose morally from what I heard, but I'm not so sure tho)

The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 / Pls Is Dis Driver Licence Genuine / Ibom Air Today Celebrate One Million Passengers

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66