Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... (1208 Views)

8 Classic Ways To Make Money From Blogging / 25 Quotes From Blogging Experts At West Africa Bloggers Conference / Only Few Nigerian Bloggers Are Making Money From Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 10:57am On Mar 04, 2013
[b]1. If you're still using the ..com domain rather than a more professional .com one (Don't tell me LIB is on a . Linda was just lucky. Besides, she had a very brilliant idea and she started well before most Nigerians knew what blogging was all about. And FYI, Linda Ikeji doesn't own that blog. It belongs to Google, and Google can do anything they like with it - anytime.)

If you're targeting an international audience, know this: most people don't click on ..com links because there's a general impression of unprofessionalism about them

2. If you're blogging about entertainment news and gossip. This niche is already saturated, especially in Nigeria, and you'll never beat the likes of Nairaland, LIB, and other monster sites to it. So, simply choose another niche you have interest in. There are loads of other less competitive niches.

3. If you think you can run a serious blogging career without spending a dime. Well, if you're a web designer, a very good writer, and you have lots of free time, you'll spend much less. But you'll still need money for hosting, domain registration, etc.

4. If you've been copying and pasting content onto your blog, expecting Google to rank you for such stolen content.

5. If you started blogging out of desperation to make cool cash simply because you've heard that NL and LIB are money spinners.

6. If you think you can just publish some posts, then fold your arms, and watch traffic increase and advertisers coming to you. (You're such a joker).

7. If you think you can just write and publish some crappy blog posts. (FYI short posts of 200-500 words aren't just cutting it these days). Most articles that stay on top of Google are thousands of words long, well written, invaluable, and evergreen.

8. If you're only blatantly advertising with your posts and have your blog littered with ads.

9. If you don't know anything about keyword research, long tail keywords, quality link building (through guest posting etc), SEO, and content marketing.

10. If you're always seeking automated shortcuts (link building software, article spinners).

11. If you're too lazy to write or you're a very bad writer. (Yes, blogging thrives on the skill of writing).

12. If you're not ready to read more than you write. (You need to spend lots of time reading other blogs in your niche and get more ideas from them.)

13. If you're not ready to work hard and give much to blogging. (Blogging is just like any other business. It takes lots of time, effort, patience, interest, and money to succeed.)

PS. If you're only blogging for the fun of it, or just because you want to have an online presence, you need not worry about all these. But if you really mean to make money with blogging, you definitely should!!!

Next week, I'll start a practical session here, in which I'll start a new blog from scratch. (Sorry, I'll be using since it's for tutorial and experimental purposes. I already have two self-hosted wordpress blogs.)

So, if you wish to make money online through blogging, you can follow my exact steps as I'll lead beginners through the process of setting up, running, and improving the quality of a blog. Till then, take care.[/b]
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
I stand to be disagreed with.
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by mavtrevor(m): 4:45pm On Mar 05, 2013
Having your own .com is the first step to succeeding as a blogger, Linda Ikeji is an exception as you said, any day she messes up with one of the Google TOS, her site is gone forever....a risk i cant take. Running a blog on your own domain will give you the flexibility to do anything you want with it and thats the beauty of it. Check out Netmediablog and see what i have done with my blog, Linda Ikeji or anyone with a ..com can never come close to having the flexibility i have as a blogger in handling my blog.
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by wilbersoft(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2013
Please, what do you mean by "Linda Ikeji doesn't own that blog. It
belongs to Google" ?
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 1:12am On Mar 06, 2013
If by chance, any of her blog's content violates Google's terms of service, Google will close down the blog immediately.

Also she can't take decisions such as changing hosting services, etc. You get it now?
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by wilbersoft(m): 2:02am On Mar 06, 2013
Yes, I've grabbed what you mean. So, if she is using a custom domain, google won't close down her blog when she violates their TOS?
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2013
No, since you won't be hosting with Google, their terms of service will no longer be binding on you.
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by lilmama1: 2:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
Hey, basic! I just open a new blog, actually . I wnt to be a serious blogger,even for a life time. Tell me wt to do to succeed. I already hv more pageviews dan I expected. I need your advise. www.chingycheddah..com
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by mavtrevor(m): 11:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Being a successful blogger requires a lot of motivation and dedication, you can read 'Things needed to become a successful Blogger' so as to be better equipped with the right information, if anyone tells you that blogging is easy, bro its a set up.
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by akintayo1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2013
Many times, i have come across some new aspiring young blogger believing they can set-up a blog and within three months filling their bank account with enough cash from adsense and other pay-per-click advertising.

They get caught up by the smart internet marketers sales letters, you know what i mean, and eventually been sold to the lie about making money from blogs.

The better they understand that blogging is a real job that you need to learn like being an apprentice before you become a master of your of own.Well said bro.
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2013
@Lil mama, my advice is that you concentrate on publishing quality content for now.
When you have enough content (I'll suggest about 40 posts), you can then start to think of monetizing.
In the mean time, use social media to promote your blog. It rocks as a tool for generating traffic.

1 Like

Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Basic(m): 6:44am On May 27, 2013
@Akintayo, you're damn right!
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2013
Guess, you need to edit the title.

Many bloggers are making money and will keep making money if they do all you listed above, though they might not make it big like Linda. Som the use of "NEVER" is quite misleading bro.

...and who tells you people don't click on . address? What matters is ur content bro. .

1 Like

Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Adanyebe(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2013
mavtrevor: Having your own .com is the first step to succeeding as a blogger, Linda Ikeji is an exception as you said, any day she messes up with one of the Google TOS, her site is gone forever....a risk i cant take. Running a blog on your own domain will give you the flexibility to do anything you want with it and thats the beauty of it. Check out Netmediablog and see what i have done with my blog, Linda Ikeji or anyone with a ..com can never come close to having the flexibility i have as a blogger in handling my blog.

You sounded like You were About to make sense... What has Domain name got to do with the Success of A Blog. Have you Forgoten the Porpular saying that goes among top Bloggers "CONTENT IS THE KING".... or How do you explain My own case where I get More than 2,000 page-views Daily http://browsingcheat..com from my little tech Blog and still $$$$ cash $$$ out my adsense on Monthly Bases..... Provide Gooooooood Contents And people will love Ur Blog..... That also applies to Linda IKEJI's BLOG Too.... the Day Linda Starts posting rubish..... then thats the end with her Wack looking Blog

THATS ALL......
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by ibietela2(m): 5:33pm On May 28, 2013
Nice tips.... I agree with you. Almost all bloggers started with blogger.com

Best Health blog in Nigeria=====>>>>www.healthable.org
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Dclique(m): 2:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Basic: [b]1. If you're still using the ..com domain rather than a more professional .com one (Don't tell me LIB is on a . Linda was just lucky. Besides, she had a very brilliant idea and she started well before most Nigerians knew what blogging was all about. And FYI, Linda Ikeji doesn't own that blog. It belongs to Google, and Google can do anything they like with it - anytime.)

If you're targeting an international audience, know this: most people don't click on ..com links because there's a general impression of unprofessionalism about them

2. If you're blogging about entertainment news and gossip. This niche is already saturated, especially in Nigeria, and you'll never beat the likes of Nairaland, LIB, and other monster sites to it. So, simply choose another niche you have interest in. There are loads of other less competitive niches.

3. If you think you can run a serious blogging career without spending a dime. Well, if you're a web designer, a very good writer, and you have lots of free time, you'll spend much less. But you'll still need money for hosting, domain registration, etc.

4. If you've been copying and pasting content onto your blog, expecting Google to rank you for such stolen content.

5. If you started blogging out of desperation to make cool cash simply because you've heard that NL and LIB are money spinners.

6. If you think you can just publish some posts, then fold your arms, and watch traffic increase and advertisers coming to you. (You're such a joker).

7. If you think you can just write and publish some crappy blog posts. (FYI short posts of 200-500 words aren't just cutting it these days). Most articles that stay on top of Google are thousands of words long, well written, invaluable, and evergreen.

8. If you're only blatantly advertising with your posts and have your blog littered with ads.

9. If you don't know anything about keyword research, long tail keywords, quality link building (through guest posting etc), SEO, and content marketing.

10. If you're always seeking automated shortcuts (link building software, article spinners).

11. If you're too lazy to write or you're a very bad writer. (Yes, blogging thrives on the skill of writing).

12. If you're not ready to read more than you write. (You need to spend lots of time reading other blogs in your niche and get more ideas from them.)

13. If you're not ready to work hard and give much to blogging. (Blogging is just like any other business. It takes lots of time, effort, patience, interest, and money to succeed.)

PS. If you're only blogging for the fun of it, or just because you want to have an online presence, you need not worry about all these. But if you really mean to make money with blogging, you definitely should!!!

Next week, I'll start a practical session here, in which I'll start a new blog from scratch. (Sorry, I'll be using since it's for tutorial and experimental purposes. I already have two self-hosted wordpress blogs.)

So, if you wish to make money online through blogging, you can follow my exact steps as I'll lead beginners through the process of setting up, running, and improving the quality of a blog. Till then, take care.[/b]

I totally agree with you.
Thanks for pointing this out to those that are new to blogging.
I own a blog too([url]sosmait..com[/url]) and i just observed that i follow about 85% of the rules you listed smiley
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by doingreat(m): 5:57am On Oct 03, 2013
all the tips posted are great, and i will follow your updates but there is more. there are sites with little r minimal imput that are making lots of dollars. blogging demands time and innovation. www.happilyrich..com
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by Rich3s(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2013
Secrete exposed To Start Earning Money With Your Own Mini Importation Business... Your way to financial freedom http://www.4shared.com/office/HPpToH9y/Amurun-secret-exposed.html[b][/b][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Re: You'll Never Make Money From Blogging If... by austino2018: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
What is the difference between blogging and wordpress?

(1) (Reply)

Verify Your Usa & Uk Adsense "With Or Without" Pin At Affordable Rates!!!! / . / Here Is An Open Source Project From Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.