Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Microcontrollers - Programming (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microcontrollers (34259 Views)

Help Needed On My Project Work Using Microcontrollers / How To Write Assembly Language For Microcontrollers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Good Boi: I am currently learning C++ and am interested in microcontrollers and embedded system, I want to know if C++ is sufficient for microcontroller programming, as in without c

Hello Good Boi,

C++ can be used to program 32-bits microcontroller (called ARM). There are different types of ARM such as ARM Cortex M0, ARM Cortex M3, ARM Cortex M4, ARM7,ARM9. ARMs are powerful chips which are commonly used to design most of these our smart phones (Androids and Ipads).
I bought one of the ARM kit recently. When I was testing the kit I discovered that you can use C++ with it.

#ifndef __SYSTEM_STM32F10X_H
#define __SYSTEM_STM32F10X_H

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

I saw the above code in one of its header file.

I think the reason why you can use C++ is because the chips have an Operating System called uCOS ( MiCrocontroller Operating System).

Though I am using KEIL to test it.

1 Like

Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
@princejude, I tried saving flex_lcd.c in Drivers folder of PICC, but access was denied! I also tried saving modifications to lcd.c but again, access was denied! Cant I modify or add to the drivers that came with ccs c compiler? If I can, what must I do? If I cant, what do u suggest I do to use flex_lcd.c?
OK, let me try this:
I will compile flex lcd and save d source file in the same folder as my project.
When I used,
#include "flex_lcd.c"
in my code, d flex lcd will then be automatically used!
Now, a question: should I saved the raw flex lcd file or suld I compile b4 saving.
Please let me kno if Im right or wrong. Thanks
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
Always save flex_lcd.c in your project folder. If u edit the lcd connection, save it. Whether u save it b4 or after u compile it will work.
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 5:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
princejude: Always save flex_lcd.c in your project folder. If u edit the lcd connection, save it. Whether u save it b4 or after u compile it will work.
sir i'm stil waitin 4ur response on how to program my pic with mplab.thanks
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
hopefullman:
sir i'm stil waitin 4ur response on how to program my pic with mplab.thanks

Check my post b4 your post where u said u bought visual studio 2008 from Lagos
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 15, 2013
princejude: Always save flex_lcd.c in your project folder. If u edit the lcd connection, save it. Whether u save it b4 or after u compile it will work.
thanks, I got it compiled. I need to try it on the pic now, I pray it works fine!
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 2:17am On Sep 17, 2013
princejude:

Check my post b4 your post where u said u bought visual studio 2008 from Lagos
yes i have but it's not working.data execution prevention is preventing it from installing completely.i've disabled it but it's the same.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
hopefullman:
yes i have but it's not working.data execution prevention is preventing it from installing completely.i've disabled it but it's the same.

Download and try this :http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/PICkit3%200.2.0.3%20Setup.zip
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2013
Good afternoon gurus..I have a little problem with my LED display(7-segment).It is a dual-digit type and has got 10pins.I am finding it difficult to understand the pin configuration since there is no part number written on it.As it is I can't tell if it is common k or common a.I'l be grateful if anyone here could help me sort this out.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 2:58pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tchalz: Good afternoon gurus..I have a little problem with my LED display(7-segment).It is a dual-digit type and has got 10pins.I am finding it difficult to understand the pin configuration since there is no part number written on it.As it is I can't tell if it is common k or common a.I'l be grateful if anyone here could help me sort this out.

Download this datasheet and use the pinout at page 3

www.marthel.pl/pdf.php?goto=katalog/Betlux/BL-D36A-22.pdf

If you have a good digital meter that can be able to light an LED, do the following:

Set the meter to diode measuring scale or beeper scale for continuity testing.
Put the positive(RED) wire of your meter on the first pin of the upper row and the negative(black) wire of the meter on any of the other pins,the corresponding segment will be ON. If the segments are ON, it is a Common Anode because the common pin is positive(RED wire). If the segments didn't light, swap the meter probe. If the segments light when the black wire was at pin 1 then it is Common Cathode.

Pin 1(first pin at upper row) is the Common pin for the first digit while pin 6(last pin of down row) is the common pin for the second digit.
Re: Microcontrollers by ops84(m): 1:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Please house,is there no place in Lagos to really learn this micro controllers?

I really hv interest.
Thanks
@prince jude well done
Re: Microcontrollers by ops84(m): 1:42am On Sep 20, 2013
Please house,is there no place in Lagos,PH,Bayelsa to really learn this micro controllers?

I really hv interest.
Thanks
@prince jude well done
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 6:03am On Sep 20, 2013
hopefullman:

what is "data execution prevention" is preventing it? what antivirus are u using ? Don't u think dat its ur antivirus dat is preventing the installation.? Disable ur antivirus and firewall then. install the pickit3 software again.
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 20, 2013
princejude:

what is "data execution prevention" is preventing it? what antivirus are u using ? Don't u think dat its ur antivirus dat is preventing the installation.? Disable ur antivirus and firewall then. install the pickit3 software again.
Nawa o, dis pickit3 is realy giving hopefullman a serious headache o, but my pickit2 was very smooth in installation and use!
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 1:51pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks Prince Jude,I'm most grateful...
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2013
Please sir,0ne m0re thing...I'v downloaded and installed every software you posted other than the proteus 7.67sp4.I am having serious headache applying the patch.Could you please help? Thanks in advance
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 7:00pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tchalz: Please sir,0ne m0re thing...I'v downloaded and installed every software you posted other than the proteus 7.67sp4.I am having serious headache applying the patch.Could you please help? Thanks in advance
After extracting the file, check the "Readme". .txt document , It contains the instructoon on how to patch the software
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 7:21pm On Sep 20, 2013
Tchalz: Please sir,0ne m0re thing...I'v downloaded and installed every software you posted other than the proteus 7.67sp4.I am having serious headache applying the patch.Could you please help? Thanks in advance
Which link did u download proteus7.67. Post the link.
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2013
I'm on mobile platform now and my device cannot post.Bt is the link you sent to my mail box alongside ccs c compiler, ekpeeffiong@gmail.com on August 21,2013
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 4:02am On Sep 21, 2013
princejude:

I will advice you to forget about that Hi-tech C because that lite mode (or demo version) will not allow you to go far in learning embedded system and the compiler is a bit expensive to buy the full version.
May be you can start with CCS C compiler since this thread is for CCS C. If you don't have CCS you can PM me so that I will give you some links where you can download CCS.

Pls can I get the links too. I'm a regular software /web developer and I have been extremely busy so haven't been able to monitor this thread. Also I would like to know how much your cheapest programmer costs at micro scale?
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 4:19am On Sep 21, 2013
princejude:

i av downloaded the recent pickit3 setup link u shared.it requires .net framework.i wil try downloading the .net2 framework 4rm sites that wil zip it to make it smaler.thank you
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Execution_Prevention
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 5:49am On Sep 21, 2013
hoodboi:

Pls can I get the links too. I'm a regular software /web developer and I have been extremely busy so haven't been able to monitor this thread. Also I would like to know how much your cheapest programmer costs at micro scale?
Search for pcwh in 4shared.com. PICKIT2 is N5500
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 8:52am On Sep 21, 2013
princejude:
Search for pcwh in 4shared.com. PICKIT2 is N5500
Wt will I gt wiv picki2. Wt sort of mcu cn I program wit it, wat does it hv and not have
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2013
How can I get it?I stay in kwara state.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:42pm On Sep 21, 2013
hoodboi: How can I get it?I stay in kwara state.

You add N2k as shipment, then we send it to u
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2013
if u are in lag i can arrange a pickup
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 1:48pm On Sep 22, 2013
hoodboi: if u are in lag i can arrange a pickup
I am in Kaduna
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
hoodboi: How can I get it?I stay in kwara state.
If u are in Ilorin and u dont realy care abot time, I may be able to help u! I will send somebody to Kaduna who will pick ur thngs and brng them to me, I will then brng dem to Ilorin anytime Im comng dere. On average, I come to Ilorin once a month!
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 4:44am On Sep 23, 2013
cogitoErgo: If u are in Ilorin and u dont realy care abot time, I may be able to help u! I will send somebody to Kaduna who will pick ur thngs and brng them to me, I will then brng dem to Ilorin anytime Im comng dere. On average, I come to Ilorin once a month!

How much extra would this cost me?
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2013

Maybe the file is corrupt. Try this one:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/v-cQSwRL/ProteusProfessional77SP2.htm

OR

Search for "Proteus" inside the 4shared.com

How to Patch Proteus 7.7 SP2 shown above

After downloading the proteus7.7 disable your antivirus, unzip the zipped file.
Then unzip the second file named "Proteus.Professional.7.7.SP2" to open the license files.
Install Proteus "pro-setup77",When it ask of the license file: browse to the "LXK Proteus 7.7 SP2" folder, then select "Users of the former USSR_LICENCE".
After installation, open the "LXK Proteus 7.7 SP2" folder, double-click "LXK Proteus 7.7 SP2 ENG v1.0.0"
Click "Browse..." to select the proteus installation folder C:\Program Files(x86)\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus7.7
Then Click "Update".

Enjoy and don't forget to enable your antivirus after installation
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2013
hoodboi:

How much extra would this cost me?
It will only cost u time! As it depends on when my friend will go to Kaduna and come back to give me ur products and also on when Im comng to Ilorin ( Im running a program at UNILORIN). Its like dat my friend will be in Kaduna from dis week till d next two weeks, he is d one dat usually pick my products from mikroscale for me.
Re: Microcontrollers by hoodboi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks bro I rilly apreciate this. I only jst got admitted into unilorin myself through direct entry. It seems a friend of mine is saying he as some conxns in kd dat wud be faster. But let me hear him out, If he's nt making sense I'll come bk. Thank you once again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

First Thing First, Learn To Program! / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.