Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,306 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

Microcontrollers - Programming (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microcontrollers (34273 Views)

Help Needed On My Project Work Using Microcontrollers / How To Write Assembly Language For Microcontrollers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2013
Get a step down xformer.conect the 110v terminal of the step down to the suply and conect ur solding iron to the 220v terminal of the step down.then ur iron is nw blazing hot .even if nepa voltge fal to 90v you wont fel it much
Re: Microcontrollers by Kenbubble(m): 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
hopefullman: Get a step down xformer.conect the 110v terminal of the step down to the suply and conect ur solding iron to the 220v terminal of the step down.then ur iron is nw blazing hot .even if nepa voltge fal to 90v you wont fel it much
what if nepa increase the voltage to 200v will it burn my soldering iron.?.
Re: Microcontrollers by Kenbubble(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Plz hw much is the rework station?
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 11:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Kenbubble:
what if nepa increase the voltage to 200v will it burn my soldering iron.?.
it will burn your step down.the 110v terminal of the step down is capable of handling around 130v max.if you plug it to a 220v suply it wil burn the coil.you have to be alert.you have to use it like that when you know that the nepa suply wil be around 100v for quite a long time b4 the fault is rectified by nepa in the xformer.since nepa voltage is now 200v you have to remove your stepdown and plug your slding iron direct
Re: Microcontrollers by Kenbubble(m): 6:33am On Aug 17, 2013
But it does not heat fast.
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 9:24am On Aug 17, 2013
Kenbubble: But it does not heat fast.
do you mean the iron doesnt heat fast with 200v suply?if yes then u can use it with stabilizer to boost the voltage to around 220v or you can buy 40watt solding iron
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2013
40% DISCOUNT ON ALL ACCESSORIES. OFFER LAST TILL 31ST AUGUST, 2013. Terms and conditions apply.

like this page and... https://www.facebook.com/microscale
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Guys,I hail y'all.G0t a pr0blem wid ma pr0teus..W0rkin 0n blinking LED pr0ject.LEDs r c0nnected t0 p0rt B .Been tryna simulate,gat ma .hex file buh I keep getting warning messages lyk child sheet n0t present 0n tha MCU.Th0 tha simulati0n is running buh n0 visible 0utput.I m using a PIC16F84A..W0uld welc0me c0ntributi0ns.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 8:24am On Aug 20, 2013
Tchalz: Guys,I hail y'all.G0t a pr0blem wid ma pr0teus..W0rkin 0n blinking LED pr0ject.LEDs r c0nnected t0 p0rt B .Been tryna simulate,gat ma .hex file buh I keep getting warning messages lyk child sheet n0t present 0n tha MCU.Th0 tha simulati0n is running buh n0 visible 0utput.I m using a PIC16F84A..W0uld welc0me c0ntributi0ns.

Post your code and briefly describe how you connect the LEDs to the port.
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013
#include<htc.h>
#define _XTAL_FREQ 8000000

void main()
{
TRISB=0x00;
PORTB=0x00;
while(1)
{
PORTB=0xFF;
__delay_ms(100);
PORTB=0x00;
__delay_ms(100);
}
}
LEDs' an0des are c0nnected t0 2p0rt B via current limiting resistors(470R) while tha cath0des g0t0 GND..MASTER CLR pin c0nnected to VDD via a pullup 100K and to GND via an SPST switch.I m using tha Hi-Tech toolsuite available on MPLAB..Before I cud get my .hex file,I had to adjust tha inline delay arguments 4rm 100 to 10 c0s I kept receiving error messages like 'inline delay argument too large'..Now I have an0ther hurdle to jump which is tha pr0teus simulation..Giving me messages like child sheet not found,invalid user key etc..Even with my assembled code,I get same message..The whole thing is frustrating..Dnt knw tha demo editions of these software cud be tha issue holding me at rans0m 0r wat?
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2013
What version of MPLAB are you using ?
Did you install the hi-tech C compiler in your PC ?

Note that before you can use any compiler toolsuite in MPLAB you must have installed the compiler after installing the MPLAB.

Did your code build successfully when compiled from MPLAB?

Change that 100K resistor at MCLR Pin to 10K

Those 100mS delays are too fast, you can change them to 500mS or 1000mS

You can also reduce the 470R resistors used for the LEDs to 220R to increase the brightness of the LEDs
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 11:21am On Aug 20, 2013
Please mods..Need help on this.
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 11:35am On Aug 20, 2013
princejude: 40% DISCOUNT ON ALL ACCESSORIES. OFFER LAST TILL 31ST AUGUST, 2013. Terms and conditions apply.

like this page and... https://www.facebook.com/microscale
my oga i no know say promo dey na.
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
I am using mplab v8.88..MPLAB has hi-tech toolsuite in lite mode which is tha demo edition.Tha code above compiled but my problem is with the proteus simulation..I have .hex files which I g0t from my compiled code using Hi tech C and mpasmwin assembler
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2013
@oga princejude
please I will like some price list on these:
1) PIC18F1330
2) reed switch
3) 16 by 2 lcd display
4) temperature/humidity sensor ( cant remmeber d name now). Thanks
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2013
hopefullman:
my oga i no know say promo dey na.

The promo started (Mon)19th August and will end on 31st August.
Just like and share the facebook page and you will get 40% discount on anything you buy.
https://www.facebook.com/microscale
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
Tchalz: I am using mplab v8.88..MPLAB has hi-tech toolsuite in lite mode which is tha demo edition.Tha code above compiled but my problem is with the proteus simulation..I have .hex files which I g0t from my compiled code using Hi tech C and mpasmwin assembler

I will advice you to forget about that Hi-tech C because that lite mode (or demo version) will not allow you to go far in learning embedded system and the compiler is a bit expensive to buy the full version.
May be you can start with CCS C compiler since this thread is for CCS C. If you don't have CCS you can PM me so that I will give you some links where you can download CCS.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:42am On Aug 21, 2013
cogitoErgo: @oga princejude
please I will like some price list on these:
1) PIC18F1330
2) reed switch
3) 16 by 2 lcd display
4) temperature/humidity sensor ( cant remmeber d name now)

Please I will prefer we communicate via: <sewuese(at)gmail(dot)com>. I dont want mods to read meaning to this thread. Thanks

I sent a mail to your email
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 12:54pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tchalz: I am using mplab v8.88..MPLAB has hi-tech toolsuite in lite mode which is tha demo edition.Tha code above compiled but my problem is with the proteus simulation..I have .hex files which I g0t from my compiled code using Hi tech C and mpasmwin assembler
u can get the full version on the internet for both proteus and hitech compiler.but it think ccsC compiler and mikroc are very common and better.there are alot of resources about them on the internet.many ppl sem to have alot of problem with hi_tech compiler.dont know why.
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 21, 2013
princejude:

I sent a mail to your email
OK, I got it.
I already liked the facebook page, I gues I only need to share it to claim my 40% discount?
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tnx Prince
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tchalz: Tnx Prince

Ok,

have you download and install the 2 software?
Re: Microcontrollers by Kenbubble(m): 7:29am On Aug 22, 2013
Plz where can i download proteus lite full version not demo version
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 9:14am On Aug 22, 2013
Kenbubble: Plz where can i download proteus lite full version not demo version

Use google and search for "proteus crack"

OR

You can open www.4shared.com.
Register with any username and password, then login with
the register username and password.
Search for "proteus"
Select the version you want, Click "download" then
Click "Free Download" and wait for 20seconds then
Click the file link.

Note,you can also search for "pcwh" in 4shared.com for
the CCS C compiler
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2013
Are you a student or a hobbyist?

There are some interesting do-it-yourself(DIY) project topics:

1. Digital Frequency meter
2. Home Automation with multichannel RF control
3. Matrix Display
4. GSM based matrix display
5. Surveillance camera controller
6. Biometric Attendance Management and Access control system
7. Obstacle Avoidance robot using ultrasonic sensors
8. GPS/GSM Car Tracking system
9. Home Automation with TV remote
10. Electronic Combination Lock
11. Multiuser keypad access control
12. Liquid level indicator
13. DTMF-based home automation
14. Home automation with GSM
15. Numeric calculator
16. Automated farm irrigation system using SMS notification
17. Electronic Voting Machine
18. Remote Controlled Digital Clock
19. Digital Calendar
20. Gas sensors
21. Traffic Light
22. Automated Fan Speed Control with respect to temperature
23. Car Security system/immobilizer
24. Digital Capacitance and Inductance meter
25. Programmable change-over system for two Air conditions
26. Finger Print and Keypad security access control
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2013
Wow! Wish I live in KD..I really want to go deep into embedded systems..For now Engr. Jude,I'm interested in the matrix display..
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 11:04am On Aug 23, 2013
Engr jude these project are corect projects o.for me i'm interested in inductance meter frequency meter and scrolling mesage display.
Re: Microcontrollers by Tchalz(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2013
Engr..Our tutorial has been placed on hold.They really helped a novice like me.I was wondering if you could resume.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2013
Tchalz: Engr..Our tutorial has been placed on hold.They really helped a novice like me.I was wondering if you could resume.

I was busy since. I will try to resume as soon as possible.
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 23, 2013
what Is the question
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 24, 2013
embeddoyin: what Is the question
Sorry, are you in the right place?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program! / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.