Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,010 members, 7,810,800 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Microcontrollers - Programming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Microcontrollers (34269 Views)

Help Needed On My Project Work Using Microcontrollers / How To Write Assembly Language For Microcontrollers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
princejude:

The price is in the list of components I posted above.
haba Prince, u mean say I don dey dey blind be dat, abi na old age grin na only components and quantity I saw for that ur list o, I did not see cost/price!
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
The price is there now.#10000
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 13, 2013
princejude: List of Components for this Project

Components Quantity Cost(N)

PIC18F4520 (or PIC16F887) 1 18f4520 = N1200, 16f887 = N700
40-Pin IC Socket 1 N100
11.0592MHz Crystal 1 N100
22pF Capacitor 2 N20 each
10K Resistor 1 N10
Button Switch 1 N20
10uF Capacitor 1 N20
16x2 LCD 1 N1000
2K Resistor 1 N10
Siemens GSM modem (or any) 1 N10,000
1K Resistor 4 N10
BC547 NPN Transistor 4 N30
6V/10A Relay 4 N100
1N4007 Diode 8 N10 each
7805 Regulator 1 N50
1000uF/50V Capacitor 1 N50
12V/500mA Transformer 1 N250

They are available
thanks @hopefullman, it was my browser, Im on mobile. I saw the price as I quoted the list!
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 7:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Sorry Princejude, I used my laptop and I saw the price list, with 16f887, everything will cost 13000naira.
@princejude, I just saw something on BBC Click program now and I dont know if microscale could also organise such thing in Nigeria, its called Maker Faire! its a kind of an exhibition where all home techys and tech hobbysts will show their handwork and have a chance to interact.
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 9:54am On Jul 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: Sorry Princejude, I used my laptop and I saw the price list, with 16f887, everything will cost 13000naira.
@princejude, I just saw something on BBC Click program now and I dont know if microscale could also organise such thing in Nigeria, its called Maker Faire! its a kind of an exhibition where all home techys and tech hobbysts will show their handwork and have a chance to interact.
it's dificult 4dt 2hapen in nig cs mst naija guys hardly want 2share info.dy want 2hav d monopoly.dy got d knowledg frely on various foreign forum bt dy cnt share.dt's y i salute engr princejude &holax.d links and knowledge engr princejude shares wit us is superb.even most of our best friends(who knows electronics/programing) wont share it.dy cn giv u fish bt dy wunt teach u hw 2 cth a fish.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: Sorry Princejude, I used my laptop and I saw the price list, with 16f887, everything will cost 13000naira.

good suggestion...
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2013
hopefullman:
it's dificult 4dt 2hapen in nig cs mst naija guys hardly want 2share info.dy want 2hav d monopoly.dy got d knowledg frely on various foreign forum bt dy cnt share.dt's y i salute engr princejude &holax.d links and knowledge engr princejude shares wit us is superb.even most of our best friends(who knows electronics/programing) wont share it.dy cn giv u fish bt dy wunt teach u hw 2 cth a fish.
with proper organisation, I beleive it could be done! U kno a selfish person will not want to tell u how he/she did something but he/she will be happy to show u what he/she has done so u can praise him/her! and an intelligent person only need to see to be fired-up grin
If an organisation like microscale could organise something like this, maybe with the backings of ministry of science and tech, I strongly beleive it will work. At the end of the day the exhibited work could be collected and published in a journal/magazine dedicated to the show(it could be a yearly event).
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 13, 2013
hopefullman:
with proper organisation, I beleive it could be done! U kno a selfish person will not want to tell u how he/she did something but he/she will be happy to show u what he/she has done so u can praise him/her! and an intelligent person only need to see or hear to be fired-up grin
If an organisation like microscale could organise something like this, maybe with the backings of ministry of science and tech, I strongly beleive it will work. At the end of the day the exhibited work could be collected and published in a journal/magazine dedicated to the show(it could be a yearly event).
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
@princejude and others, please I need a little help here! I have this project idea where several switches (reed switches, like 8 ) will be connected to a PIC, if any of the switches closes(one at a time), a message will be displayed on a 16x1 lcd. The message displayed depends on the switch closed.
Please, which PIC module do you think will be most suitable for this type of project?
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 2:18pm On Jul 13, 2013
The Home Automation code is here:

// #include "C:\Users\Jude\Documents\pic train\home_auto.h"

#include <16F887.h>
#device adc=8
#FUSES NOWDT, XT, NOPUT, MCLR, NOPROTECT, NOCPD, NOBROWNOUT, IESO, FCMEN, NOLVP, NODEBUG, NOWRT, BORV40
#use delay(clock=4000000)
// #use rs232(baud=9600,parity=N,xmit=PIN_C6,rcv=PIN_C7,bits=8 )

#include "flex_lcd.c"
#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#use rs232(baud = 9600, xmit = PIN_C6, rcv = PIN_C7, TIMEOUT=30)

void lcd_clear_line(char line)
{
lcd_gotoxy(1,line);
lcd_putc(" " ) ;
lcd_gotoxy(1,line);
}

void print_home_screen()
{
lcd_gotoxy(1,1);
lcd_putc("Waiting for CMD " ) ;
lcd_clear_line(2);
}

char response[90];//buffer to store response from modem
char* ReadSmsCmd = "AT+CMGR=#\n";//add another # before the \n if message addres is 2 digits
//char* SendSmsCmd = "AT+CMGS=##############";
char* delSmsCmd = "AT+CMGD=#\n";//add another # before the \n if message addres is 2 digits
//assignment: modify the program to be able to handle both cases at the same time, i.e. 1 and 2 digit message address
char* cmd = " ";
char c;
char* ona = "ona";//note the commands are lower case.
char* offa = "offa";
char* onb = "onb";//note the commands are lower case.
char* offb = "offb";
char* onc = "onc";//note the commands are lower case.
char* offc = "offc";
char* ond = "ond";//note the commands are lower case.
char* offd = "offd";

void incomming_sms()
{
int i=0; //short timeout;

ReadSmsCmd[8]=response[13] ;
//ReadSmsCmd[9]=response[14] ;//uncomment if message address is 2 digits

delSmsCmd[8]=response[13] ;
//delSmsCmd[9]=response[14] ;//uncomment if message address is 2 digits

lcd_clear_line(1);
printf(lcd_putc,ReadSmsCmd);//display read sms command

//read message
printf(ReadSmsCmd);//read sms from modem
i=0;
while(getch()!='@');//wait for command delimiter. So what happens if the delimeter is missing? assignment!!
c = getch();
while(c != '\n')//read command = all characters until new line
{
cmd[i++] = c;
c = getch();
}

lcd_clear_line(2);
printf(lcd_putc,cmd);//display command

//now command execution
if(strncmp(cmd,ona,3)==0)
Output_high(PIN_D0); // On load a

if(strncmp(cmd,offa,4)==0)
Output_low(PIN_D0); // Off load a

if(strncmp(cmd,onb,3)==0)
Output_high(PIN_D1); // On load b

if(strncmp(cmd,offb,4)==0)
Output_low(PIN_D1); // Off load b

if(strncmp(cmd,onc,3)==0)
Output_high(PIN_D2); // On load c

if(strncmp(cmd,offc,4)==0)
Output_low(PIN_D2); // Off load c

if(strncmp(cmd,ond,3)==0)
Output_high(PIN_D3); // On load d

if(strncmp(cmd,offd,4)==0)
Output_low(PIN_D3); // Off load d

delay_ms(100);
//delete message
printf(delSmsCmd);

//clear modem in preparation for the next command
gets(response); gets(response); gets(response);
response[0] = response[1] = " ";//clear response so we dont mistake it for another SMS

//a little delay before we clear the screen
delay_ms(2000);
print_home_screen();
}

//**************************************************
//** Main Program
//**************************************************

void main()
{

setup_adc_ports(NO_ANALOGS|VSS_VDD);
setup_adc(ADC_OFF);
setup_spi(SPI_SS_DISABLED);
setup_timer_0(RTCC_INTERNAL|RTCC_DIV_1);
setup_timer_1(T1_DISABLED);
setup_timer_2(T2_DISABLED,0,1);
setup_comparator(NC_NC_NC_NC);// This device COMP currently not supported by the PICWizard
//Setup_Oscillator parameter not selected from Intr Oscillator Config tab

// TODO: USER CODE!!

lcd_init();

print_home_screen();

Output_D(0x00);//port E connected to LEDs: initial state: not on, not off (feel free to modify)

while (TRUE)
{
gets(response);
if(response[1] == '+' || response[0] == '+')//check if SMS received
{
incomming_sms(); //handle sms
}
}
}

2 Likes

Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
cogitoErgo: @princejude and others, please I need a little help here! I have this project idea where several switches (reed switches, like 8 ) will be connected to a PIC, if any of the switches closes(one at a time), a message will be displayed on a 16x1 lcd. The message displayed depends on the switch closed.
Please, which PIC module do you think will be most suitable for this type of project?

PIC module? ...do you mean PIC internal peripheral module or PIC microcontroller?
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
princejude:

PIC module? ...do you mean PIC internal peripheral module or PIC microcontroller?
sorry, PIC microcontroller
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
cogitoErgo:
sorry, PIC microcontroller

any pic (from 14-pin I/O) can do that.
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
princejude:

any pic (from 14-pin I/O) can do that.
Thanks
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 1:55am On Jul 19, 2013
I beleive there should be a way to make the system respond to sms from only a given phone number? dat will make d system a bit more secure!
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 11:36am On Jul 26, 2013
usisky: PEACE ALL.

@ Jude. i wanna know: what fascinating projects have u designed thus far as an electronics expert or enthusiast? PEACE!

Some of the projects are here:

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=5

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=6

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=11

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=3

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=1

http://www.microscale-embedded.com/blog/?cat=4

Note that we also do Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) design and fabrication.
Re: Microcontrollers by usisky(m): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
^^^peace bro'. Cool! Wish u success. Are u strictly into digital designs or do u do analog designs as well? I mean like power electronics stuffs? Maybe SMPS designs....either DC-AC, AC-DC Or AC-AC power conversion systems? Just curious, dats all! Thanks and good job
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 9:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
usisky: ^^^peace bro'. Cool! Wish u success. Are u strictly into digital designs or do u do analog designs as well? I mean like power electronics stuffs? Maybe SMPS designs....either DC-AC, AC-DC Or AC-AC power conversion systems? Just curious, dats all! Thanks and good job

We do both analog and digital designs.

Vision

Microscale’'s long term vision is to be a world recognized leader in the creation of intellectual property i.e. patents and royalties for the global semi conductor hardware and software design industry currently estimated to be worth $260 billion

Mission

Our mission is to promote electronics as a viable industry in Nigeria and to be a one stop shop for products and services required to produce all electronics product.

Contract Design

We offer custom design and fabrication services of electronics and controller boards (PCBs), featuring microcontrollers and FPGAs. Our Design services are affordable and we complete projects on schedule. [Typical project completes within 60 days: including prototypes, PCB, components and Enclosure]
Microscale’s design services offer an integrated suite of product design and development services focused on helping our clients solve their design and product development problems in record time.

We strive to become partners with our clients, integrating smoothly within their development systems; viewing ourselves as an extension of their in-house team.

For more info: www.microscale-embedded.com
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013

Manufacturing

Our manufacturing service is designed for both the small scale and large scale manufacturer; for prototyping and production. We can handle Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication, enclosures and also complete products including board assembly.

Training

Microscale Embedded Limited is one of the leading Electronics firm in providing professional and practical training in Electronics, Embedded systems, Software Engineering in Nigeria.

We specialize in customised in-house and outdoor professional and practical training for Individuals, Colleges, Organisations, Tertiary institutions using latest Industry Tools and Software.

Our training instructors are well qualified trained experts with lots of experience in their respective fields. The majority of our training classes are "hands-on" and involve a PC and dedicated training hardware.

Microscale Embedded limited have trained several individuals and organisations and our alumni’s are now contributing towards the growth of leading organizations within Nigeria. Additionally, Microscale Embedded products are used by various industry and academic institutions all across Nigeria.

Benefit of Our training

An engagement with us exposes our customers to our professional training solutions which in-turn benefits them in more than one way:

Well structured training methodology ensures a quick turnaround time for the participants thus saves on cost and achieves efficient time to market objectives.
Exposure to latest industry tools empowers our participants towards learning and implementation, thus increasing level of productivity and highly skilled competitive work force
Flexible training modalities allows you to learn at your pace and convenience

Contact us today to discuss your training needs at info@microscale-embedded.com and we'll do our best to satisfy your training needs.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
The training covers the following:

>> Embedded system design using:8051, PIC, AVR, FPGA, ARM and PSoC

>> PCB Design and fabrication

>> Development of Android Apps.

>> Matlab and GUIDE (Graphic User Interface)
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2013

Students and Hobbyists

Welcome to our Student and Hobbyist Webpage

There are so many electronic projects you can embark on that cost you less and brings you much pleasure and commercial benefits. A lot of electronic devices available in the market today started from a simple hobbyist project and have become house hold products generating revenue in millions.

To all our Electronics Hobbies enthusiasts and Students, Electronics designers who are determined to improve their knowledge of electronics, acquire practical skills through DIY design, build final year projects, Customized Electronic Devices, we provide the support, materials and training that you need.

Our objective is to improve the quality of engineering graduates, Electronic Designers in Nigeria by providing them with low-cost products and services. Our products and services make it affordable for an average student, beginner to be able to develop his engineering skills. You can Source your electronics products using our online store or contact us directly. We have supplied Million worth of components to buyers all over Nigeria using our 24hrs delivery service.

Furthermore, our on line tutorial provides useful material with lots of example projects that you can use to accelerate you learning time. Visit our online tutorial via http://microscale-embedded.com/blog/

Tips on getting started

1. Get a simple electronics text book that shows you how to identify, read and test electronics components

2. Buy some basic components like resistors, capacitors and transformer and design your power supply

3. Get more materials on project design via the website and carry out experimental projects

4. Contact us for technical advice where necessary or apply to us for more practical training from

5. Start today
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 10:36pm On Jul 28, 2013

Online Store

Our online store is designed to cater for students, hobbyist and research institutes who want to buy components in small quantities to produce their prototype.

Our range of components covers microcontrollers, LCD display, LED, sensors and transducers, modules for RF communications, GSM Modem, GPS modules,Finger print reader, RFID etc. Customers who want to do production should use our contract design and/or manufacturing service, where they can get a lot of discount on their BOM.

Please browse through the categories below and use our online shopping cart to make your order. Completed orders will be processed as soon as payment is made to Microscale. Packages will be delivered to the customer by DHL or via other special arrangements, such as ABC transport.

For available components: http://www.microscale-embedded.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=3&Itemid=39
Re: Microcontrollers by usisky(m): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
Peace @princejude. Nice to know. I have visited d microscale website a couple of times before. Have even visited d office in kaduna and got some devices. I never knew u was affiliated with d company. Sorry man....nice to know. Wil communicate with u further sometime. I am kinda too busy dis days. Wish u well.
Re: Microcontrollers by Adeyinkaolu: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2013
@princejude. Please where are you from? Are you from lag? I need you to teach me this micro controller stuff. Am an electrical and electronics engineer. Graduated last year. Please i wil be looking forwad to hearing from you
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 9:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Adeyinka olu: @princejude. Please where are you from? Are you from lag? I need you to teach me this micro controller stuff. Am an electrical and electronics engineer. Graduated last year. Please i wil be looking forwad to hearing from you

Where am I from ? or where is my location ?

I am at www.microscale-embedded.com in Kaduna State.
Re: Microcontrollers by Adeyinkaolu: 11:05am On Jul 30, 2013
@prince. Please do know any body that you can refer me to in lagos state. Who can be of assistance for me. I need to know this micro controller stuff.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
Adeyinka olu: @prince. Please do know any body that you can refer me to in lagos state. Who can be of assistance for me. I need to know this micro controller stuff.

I don't know.
Re: Microcontrollers by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
Adeyinka olu: @prince. Please do know any body that you can refer me to in lagos state. Who can be of assistance for me. I need to know this micro controller stuff.
Sorry to poke-nose o, Mr Yinka grin I really do not think you need Mr Jude to do this thing, even though its helpfull at times if you can interact with a real being! But Mr Jude is so far away from you! With the help of internet and courier services, I think things are settled and coupled with the fact that you are already an EE engineer with perhaps some knowledge of computer programming.
The bottomline: teach yourself and get the materials from people like princejude's mikroscale
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 11:07am On Aug 02, 2013
@princejude.pls do you have FLC meter(frequency inductance capacitance) and how much is it.thank you.
Re: Microcontrollers by princejude(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
hopefullman: @princejude.pls do you have FLC meter(frequency inductance capacitance) and how much is it.thank you.

We don't have ready made but we can build one for you. We designed one as a student project for one of our client recently.
Re: Microcontrollers by hopefullman: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
princejude:

We don't have ready made but we can build one for you. We designed one as a student project for one of our client recently.
i want to add it to my chart.when will you have it?how much do you build it?thank you
Re: Microcontrollers by pheforusty(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2013
Hmmm..I had 2 read dis thread 4rm page 1-7 n I must say y'all r doing a gewd job..well I'm currently in ma 300lvl n studying electrical/electronics engineering..recently I started 2 teach maself Visual basic all tenx 2 FG/ASUU(haven't gone far tho) n attended a tutorial where I got familiar wiv Proteus(recently)...ma ? Is thus ''is dere any link wiv VB as a language n micro-controllers''(I hope I asked d ? rightly)..pls I'll nid ur help..wud appreciate if any 1 can put me in d rite dirxn..I dnt wanna b an engineer of theory n no practicals..TNX..GOD BLESS!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program! / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.