Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,858 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina (26412 Views)

Baby Born With Congenital Malformation Dies In Makurdi / INCREDIBLE: Baby Born With A Growing Tail (photo) / Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help (2) (3) (4)

Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by tonididdy(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
princemaicheal:
At this time,the least one can do is to show compassion for the parents of this child and also the child not mocking them.
why should a 19yr old be pregnant in the first place.i bet u this girl will have more than 6kids by the time shes 22...
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
Olorun darijimi ooO...but y not just inject IT n let sleeping dogs lie. it would b just painless..n use considerable amount of frolic acid before next preg. shikena.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by yungriz(m): 7:59pm On Mar 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]bia aboki y u no allow woman to mature well! Eeh! Ok see nw she don born pikin wey get 2 heads!! U no come happy!
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by omotoyiwa(f): 8:10pm On Mar 06, 2013
God help dem,so sympathetic
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by dominique(f): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
Afriface: See Picture Below

That's not the picture o, that's a pic of a Brazilian baby posted here sometime last year. Make you no dey mislead people abeg. There is a picture in the link I gave in the first page.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by ayobase(m): 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2013
I prefer the scene of damoche's to this!
Soooo.........
Don't know what adjective to use sef!
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
vivacious vivi: Omg! I hope she isn't in pain! Wht is spina bifida anyway

Neural tube defect happens very early during pregnancy often before a woman even knows she is prrgnant. Taking folic acid after you find out wont help. Basically the back is open and a cyst protudes but there are different severities.

But spina bifida isnt a death sentence.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by rofemiguwa(f): 8:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
Mr researcher doctor.u r talking about hydrocephale not enecephale.dy r totally 2 different tinz.get ur facts rite first before u critize nigerians
AdrenalineRush: I am really shocked at how poor our (Nigerians) general knowledge is and how we are just too lazy to research,,,,,,,i am referring now to the original report by vanguard that said "a baby with two heads". This condition happens once in a while and most atimes the enlarged head (or "extra head"wink is actually filled with excess fluid (called CSF-present within the coverings of the brain matter in all human beings. To a large extend, most can be corrected if intervention is instituted promptly.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by comsheidu: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
God have mercy
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by comsheidu: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Neural tube defect happens very early during pregnancy often before a woman even knows she is prrgnant. Taking folic acid after you find out wont help. Basically the back is open and a cyst protudes but there are different severities.

But spina bifida isnt a death sentence.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
rofemiguwa: Mr researcher doctor.u r talking about hydrocephale not enecephale.dy r totally 2 different tinz.get ur facts rite first before u critize nigerians

Eh? You are both partly right.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
smtin should be done or Euthanasia is d best option. Poor child. He didn't bargain for dis. Fate could be cruel smtyms.
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Fantacy1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2013
So strange. All d same, 2 God be d Glory
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by mikron(m): 11:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
end tym
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by touchmeder: 1:27am On Mar 07, 2013
How could this condition not have been spoted during the many ultra sound session? Tell me? lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by vanstanzy(m): 8:46am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by plendil: 9:22am On Mar 07, 2013
Euthanasia?? For real?? For NAIJA?? shocked shocked

C'mon, why are we fooling ourselves?

Even in developed, highly liberal societies, the right to die still remains a hotly debated and highly controversial issue. Mind you we are talking about fully conscious adult diagnosed with a terminal illness and grappling intense, agonizing pain being denied the right to end their life.

What do you think will be the reaction, in a conservative society like ours, to the that of a poor, defenseless, ignorant infant diagnosed with condition that could lead to lifelong physical and/or mental disabilities, being contemplated to go the euthanasia way?

lets deal with realistic options, please.

Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by stineb1: 11:10am On Mar 07, 2013
Its possible that the mother didn't do a 12th week and or 20 weeks routine obstetric scan required to rule out fetal anomaly.I personally suggest this to my patients when they come for scan because most Doctors do not know this sequence.Even if that lady had a late scan,towards 2nd or 3rd Trimester,someone who is not a trained medical Radiographer would most likely confuse findings with Twin Cyesis,because of the presented features on the fetal skull. Because I see no reason why this was not diagnosed prior to delivery.

For all your ultrasound,X-ray,Mammography,CT and MRI related enquiries and consultations, contact me on stine_b2000@yahoo.com
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by plendil: 11:26am On Mar 07, 2013
^^ what different would a scan have done?

the damage was done as early as the 3rd or 4hth week of gestation when the neural tube is supposed to have closed.

Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by ooman(m): 1:04pm On Mar 07, 2013
The works of your God
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by mdee1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
plendil:

very lame joke and callously inconsiderate of you angry
pls help me tell dat guy everythng isn't funny abeg.i really feel 4 d parentz sha.dang!
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by onyekabe(m): 8:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Akin-David:
Plz can this be corrected medically..I pray that God will do a miracle for this little baby. I stopped looking at the picture.
ha ha where where God during the developmental stage
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by excellentmoda: 10:06am On Mar 08, 2013
The most blessed aspect is that they live very long than expected
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2013
I don't mean to sound mean..as a matter of fact, i do feel sad for the mother and baby., but i can't help but say a beggar is already born. Thats the way it is with these hausa folks
Re: Baby Born With Encephalocele In Katsina by adexsimply(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
plendil: ^^ what different would a scan have done?

the damage was done as early as the 3rd or 4hth week of gestation when the neural tube is supposed to have closed.
an early scan would have made a hell lot of differences..the baby would have been discarded(or whatever the medical term is called) at least the mum wuld ve 4gotin all about the baby 4 long, instead of going thru the agony of childbirth all to find out that the baby is useless(i,m sorry for this)

My Right Eye Is Going Blur, Please Help / ‘Men Cause 60% Of Women’s Vaginal Infection’ - Twitter User / Hermaphrodite Causes Stir In Sapele