Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? (5500 Views)

Why Call Yourself “salafi”? / Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. / Why Israhell Wants To Destroy Masjid Al-aqsa... Must Read Please !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 10:44pm On Mar 05, 2013
Assalaamu Alaykum warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuhu wassalaatu wassalaamu 'alaa Rasulullaahi wa 'alaa aalihi wa ashaabihi wa man tabi'ahum bi i'hsaani ila yawmi d deen, amma ba'd. Can brothers give me the details or info about salafi masjids in Lagos. Was on holiday few months ago in Lagos but i couldnt find salafi masjids, though, i was told there are salafi masaajid in there. Shukraan wa baraka Allaahu feekum.

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by deols(f): 4:24am On Mar 06, 2013
Muslims in Nigeria dont differenciate like that.

Do u mean you wont pray in mosques that are not stamped salafi? I doubt that Nigerians(save a few)know/care about what salafi means. Muslims are just Muslims.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by maclatunji: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2013
deols: Muslims in Nigeria dont differenciate like that.

Do u mean you wont pray in mosques that are not stamped salafi? I doubt that Nigerians(save a few)know/care about what salafi means. Muslims are just Muslims.

Crying out loud- what kind of question is he asking?
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by tbaba1234: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2013
maclatunji:

Crying out loud- what kind of question is he asking?

Simple question Hehehehe
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by sino(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2013
@OP, Wa alaykum salam.
Nope, there isn't a Mosque tagged salafi Mosque(to the best of my knowledge) in Lagos, rather, there are groups with salafi ideologies holding halqa in some Mosques.
Anything special about a salafi Mosque?

1 Like

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by LagosShia: 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
"Verily masajids are for Allah,so do not enjoin in worship others with Allah"-Holy Quran

"The entire earth was created a masjid (place for prostration) "- Prophet Muhammad (sa).
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
deols: Muslims in Nigeria dont differenciate like that.

Of course i can pray in any masjid as long as no other names except Allaah's are invoke in it.
But i wont pray behind shi'a imam tho- will rather offer my salah individually after shi'a imam.

1 Like

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 6:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
sino: @OP, Wa alaykum salam.
Nope, there isn't a Mosque tagged salafi Mosque(to the best of my knowledge) in Lagos, rather, there are groups with salafi ideologies holding halqa in some Mosques.
Anything special about a salafi Mosque?

Shukraan it just for Salafiyyah dawah purpose.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by LagosShia: 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

Of course i can pray in any masjid as long as no other names except Allaah's are invoke in it.
But i wont pray behind shi'a imam tho- will rather offer my salah individually after shi'a imam.

I can pray behind any Sunni prayer imam (salafi or not),but I consider the prayer as nafilah (supplementary),and repeat the wajib (obligatory) on my own. smiley
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2013
LagosShia: "Verily masajids are for Allah,so do not enjoin in worship others with Allah"-Holy Quran

"The entire earth was created a masjid (place for prostration) "- Prophet Muhammad (sa).

Sahih
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by deols(f): 7:07pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

mn. what are these generation of muslims turning Islam.too.

maybe I.shld ask u to define what salafi is. It.might help me understand you better.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 7:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
LagosShia:

I can pray behind any Sunni prayer imam (salafi or not),but I consider the prayer as nafilah (supplementary),and repeat the wajib (obligatory) on my own. smiley

Anyway akhi, it's a waste of time for a Sunni debating with shi'a. You guys only know how to slander the Messenger's Companion's including Mother of Believers (A'isha RA) Those Beloved Companions RA that fought for Islam wholeheartedly with their lives, wealth angry Keep following your desires but i ask Allaah to guide you lot.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 8:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
deols:

mn. what are these generation of muslims turning Islam.too.

maybe I.shld ask u to define what salafi is. It.might help me understand you better.

Should have mentioned Ahlus Sunnah wal jama'a, im sure you have heard about that.

Actually the Arabic word 'Salaf' means Ancestor or predecessor. The earliest muslims were the ancestors -they follow the Messenger with I'hsaan (Good, Faith, Kindness)
Therefore, Salafi is the one who follow the way of the ancestors (earliest muslims) for they follow the Qur'an and the sunnah of the Messenger peace be upon him.
Its just being orthodox muslim and thats it.

So its not a new genaration thing, i dont think anything wrong in follow the Quran and the sunnah of the Messenger Peace be upon him. At the end of the day following these ancestors means you are forbidding evils and encourage good. Allaah like good deeds from His servants but the munafiqs among Muslims dislike that, thats the reason they always contradicts the Ahlus Sunnah (People of Tradition)
i hope this help sister.

1 Like

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by LagosShia: 11:13pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

Anyway akhi, it's a waste of time for a Sunni debating with shi'a. You guys only know how to slander the Messenger's Companion's including Mother of Believers (A'isha RA) Those Beloved Companions RA that fought for Islam wholeheartedly with their lives, wealth angry Keep following your desires but i ask Allaah to guide you lot.

Stop your silly propaganda.we don't slander anyone.we dislike "some" companions, for the love of the Prophet (sa) and dedication to Islam we represent.a few bad eggs among the companions and two rebellious wives among over 10 wives doesn't amount to all the companions and wives;companions were in the thousands.stop the generalization and lies.don't you say you're muslim?

You can review the below threads on the topic of the companions and Aisha in respect to us Shia :

https://www.nairaland.com/822675/actual-shia-position-sahaba

https://www.nairaland.com/1107764/story-sunni-imam-shia-ayatollah/5

https://www.nairaland.com/1001212/why-it-bidah-forbidden-sinful

https://www.nairaland.com/846958/tell-me-why-mohammed-married

After you review the above threads,I seek your opinion on the below threads on genocide and terrorism,and crime against humanity by your wahhabi/salafist fellows.do you support what they are doing to other Muslims (the Shia) ? Would/can you do the same? :

https://www.nairaland.com/1120418/genocide-shia-muslims-pakistan

https://www.nairaland.com/961495/timeline-sectarian-terrorism-against-shia
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by LagosShia: 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2013
PS:

When it comes to nothing but slander against the companions,it is in fact Sunnis who slander and defame the character of some companions (beloved to the Shia,and who themselves were Shia companions).these companions stood against the select few disliked by the Shia,that the Sunnis generalize for all the companions.examples include Hujr Ibn Adi,may Allah be pleased with him (killed by Muawiya,who is beloved to Sunnis),and Mukhtar al-Thaqafi who stood against the Umayyads to avenge the blood of Imam Hussain (as),grandson of Prophet Muhammad (sa).there are more Sunnis ignore,dislike or defame because those companions of the Prophet (sa) were part of the Shia of Imam Ali (as).
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Zhulfiqar1: 12:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 1:23am On Mar 07, 2013
[quote author=LagosShia]

Stop your silly propaganda.we don't slander anyone.we dislike "some" companions, for the love of the Prophet (sa) and dedication to Islam we represent.a few bad eggs among the companions and two rebellious wives among over 10 wives doesn't amount to all the companions and wives;companions were in the thousands.stop the generalization and lies.don't you say you're muslim?

After you review the above threads,I seek your opinion on the below threads on genocide and terrorism,and crime against humanity by your wahhabi/salafist fellows.do you support what they are doing to other Muslims (the Shia) ? Would/can you do the same? :

Did you just say you guys love the Messenger peace be upon him? I dont think so! If you love him you will obey him and love the people he (peace be upon him) love and those he (peace be upon him) hate for Allaah's sake.
And who are the ''few bad eggs among the companions'' Im sure you will definately mention those comapanions that Allaah has promised (Al-Jannah) Paradise.

Narrated Sa'id ibn Zayd:
AbdurRahman ibn al-Akhnas said that when he was in the mosque, a man mentioned Ali (may Allah be pleased with him). So Sa'id ibn Zayd got up and said: I bear witness to the Apostle of Allah (peace be upon him) that I heard him say: Ten persons will go to Paradise: The Prophet (peace be upon him) will go to Paradise, AbuBakr will go to Paradise, Umar will go to Paradise, Uthman will go to Paradise, Ali will go to Paradise, Talhah will go to Paradise: az-Zubayr ibn al-Awwam will go to paradise, Sa'd ibn Malik will go to Paradise, and AbdurRahman ibn Awf will go to Paradise. If I wish, I can mention the tenth. The People asked: Who is he: So he kept silence. The again asked: Who is he: He replied: He is Sa'id ibn Zayd.

And he Peace be upon him said: "Do not abuse my Companions, for if any of you were to spend gold equal to (mountain of) Uhud in charity, it would not equal a handful of one of them or even half of that" [al-Bukharee, Muslim].

And he said, "Whoever abuses my Companions, upon them is the curse of Allah, the angels and all the people" [Saheeh, At-Tabaranee].

End quote Mr man, you disobey Allaah and the Messenger Peace be upon him then you call yourself muslim? You aint muslim until you submit yourselves to Allaah, you lack Tawheed, and i seek Allaah's refuge from your fitnah towards islam.
I dont even know why you are on this forum anyway angry angry angry does this forum read ''shi'a'' to you please stop following my post for Allaah's sake.

1 Like

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 1:47am On Mar 07, 2013
LagosShia: PS:

When it comes to nothing but slander against the companions,it is in fact Sunnis who slander and defame the character of some companions (beloved to the Shia,and who themselves were Shia companions).these companions stood against the select few disliked by the Shia,that the Sunnis generalize for all the companions.examples include Hujr Ibn Adi,may Allah be pleased with him (killed by Muawiya,who is beloved to Sunnis),and Mukhtar al-Thaqafi who stood against the Umayyads to avenge the blood of Imam Hussain (as),grandson of Prophet Muhammad (sa).there are more Sunnis ignore,dislike or defame because those companions of the Prophet (sa) were part of the Shia of Imam Ali (as).

Furthermore to add to the above,here are other companions and righteous men killed by Muawiya (whom the Sunnis say after calling his name: "may Allah be pleased with him" ) -

1.) Amr Ibn Hamiq
2.) Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr
3.) Malik Ibn Ashtar
4.) Two sons of Ubaidullah Ibn Abbass,a cousin of the Prophet (s) who was serving as governor of Yemen under Imam Ali (as).
5.) Abdul-Rahman Ibn Hassan,who was buried alive for refusing to talk ill of Imam Ali (as).

There is also Aba Dharr (ra) who was tortured and banished by Usthman (another Sunni hero),third Sunni caliph and cousin of Muawiya.

Habib Ibn Muzahir al-Asadi and Zuhair Ibn Qayn (ra),were both companions of Prophet Muhammad (sa),who were of the Shia that stood to defend Imam Hussain (as) in Karbala,and were martyred by the forces of Yazid,Muawiya's son.

And some people still have the blind gut to generalize that it is the Shia that slander "the companions".they know too well who they are referring to as "the companions" are the few men they prefer to use to generalize as "the companions".sunnis accusing the shia of "slander" against "the companions" is a false flag!
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by LagosShia: 2:00am On Mar 07, 2013
@ibnjurayj

We are serious people here with concrete knowledge.not people who hide under fake "love".

The "hadith of the 10 promised paradise" which is used by sunnis to prove the "innocence" of certain companions hated by the shia and included among the 10,is a false hadith.if you cared for the truth,you'd have seen that in the video earlier posted by brother "zhul-fiqar";the hadith is talked of towards the end of the video.

I don't need your acceptance whether we (shia) are muslims or not,and we don't care about your takfir and killing machine you apply on the shia,as far as we believe in the shahadatain we are muslims,whether you like it or not!

You should tell me your opinion on the two links I earlier posted of threads citing shia genocide in pakistan and killings of shia elsewhere by your salafi/wahhabi brothers.do you support what they're committing?
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 2:01am On Mar 07, 2013
Rafidi :

Furthermore to add to the above,here are other companions and righteous men killed by Muawiya (whom the Sunnis say after calling his name: "may Allah be pleased with him" ) -

1.) Amr Ibn Hamiq
2.) Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr
3.) Malik Ibn Ashtar
4.) Two sons of Ubaidullah Ibn Abbass,a cousin of the Prophet (s) who was serving as governor of Yemen under Imam Ali (as).
5.) Abdul-Rahman Ibn Hassan,who was buried alive for refusing to talk ill of Imam Ali (as).

There is also Aba Dharr (ra) who was tortured and banished by Usthman (another Sunni hero),third Sunni caliph and cousin of Muawiya.

Habib Ibn Muzahir al-Asadi and Zuhair Ibn Qayn (ra),were both companions of Prophet Muhammad (sa),who were of the Shia that stood to defend Imam Hussain (as) in Karbala,and were martyred by the forces of Yazid,Muawiya's son.

And some people still have the blind gut to generalize that it is the Shia that slander "the companions".they know too well who they are referring to as "the companions" are the few men they prefer to use to generalize as "the companions".sunnis accusing the shia of "slander" against "the companions" is a false flag!

I know you know nothing apart from debating, where is your daleel (evidence) about what you qouted above you guys are nothing but munafiqs. I will rather debate with kuffaar than sitting down here blabbing with munafiqoon and juhaal.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 2:06am On Mar 07, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

I know you know nothing apart from debating, where is your daleel (evidence) about what you qouted above you guys are nothing but munafiqs. I will rather debate with kuffaar than sitting down here blabbing with munafiqoon and juhaal.

Masha'Allah brother.

So you're telling us you want evidence because you don't even know those companions?

No problem.I will give you evidence for each.I'd turn a blind eye to your insults.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 2:19am On Mar 07, 2013
Hujr Ibn Adi (ra)

Salafi scholar Hasan bin Farhan al-Maliki who on page 170 of his book ‘Qeraah fi Kutub al-Aqaed’ said:

إذ لجأ بنو أمية إلى الفتك بمحبي أهل البيت وإذلالهم. فقتلوا حجر بن عدي صبراً في عهد معاوية لأنه أنكر سب علي على المنابر
“The Bani Umaya killed and humiliated the lovers of Ahlulbayt (i.e. the Shia) , and ruthlessly killed Hujr bin Adi during Mu’awyia’s reign on account of his criticism of their act of cursing Ali from the pulpits”

Tarikh ibn Asakir, Volume 12 page 227 Dhikr Hujr ibn Adi
“Ayesha said: ‘Mu’awiya you killed Hujr and his associates, By Allah! The Prophet told me ‘In the ditch of Adra seven men will be killed, due to this all the skies and Allah will be upset”.

al Isaba, Volume 1 page 313 Dhikr Hujr ibn Adi

After the battle of Qudsiya Hujr ibn Adi participated in Jamal and Sifeen, alongside Ali and was amongst his Shi’a. He was killed upon the orders of Mu’awiya in a village called Mriaj Adra near Damascus. At the time of his execution he requested: ‘Do not remove these chains after I am killed, nor clean the blood. We will meet again with Mu’awiya and I shall petition my case against him’.

al Bidaya wa al Nihaya, Volume 8 page 53 Dhikr 51 Hijri
When the time of death approached Mu’awiya, he said to himself thrice: ‘Hujr bin Adi! The day of answering for your murder is very lengthy’

Hujr Ibn Adi (ra) was a pious sahabi (companion)

“Hujr was amongst the virtuous Sahaba”
Istiab, Volume 1 page 97 – Hujr bin Adi al-Kindi

Ibn Atheer in ‘Asad ul Ghaba’ counts Hujr amongst the great Sahaba:

“He was amongst the virtuous Sahaba”
Asadul Ghaba fi Ma’rafat Sahabah, Volume 1 page 244

Imam Hakim in ‘al-Mustadrak’ created a chapter called:

“Manaqib Hujr bin Adi (ra) wa wahu rahib Asahab Muhammad” i.e. “Merits of Hujr bin Adi (May Allah be pleased with him) and he is one of the companions of Prophet (s)”.
Mustadrak Hakim, Volume 3 page 468

Ibn Asakir recorded that Hujr bin Adi (ra) met Holy Prophet (s) and Ibn Kathir echoed the same in his book ‘Al–Bidayah wal Nihayah’ Volume 8 page 55 . He records:

“Ibn Asakir has recorded that Hujr came to Holy Prophet (s) and he heard (hadith) from Ali, Ammar, Sharajeel bin Marat and he is known as Sharjeel bin Marat”

Similarly while talking about Hujr bin Adi (ra), Hanafi scholar Kamaluddin Umar ibn al-Adeem (586-660 H/1191-1262) records in ‘Bughyat al-Talib fi Tarikh Halab’ Volume 2 page 298:

“He was among the people of Kufa, he came to Prophet (s) as a delegate and narrated from Ali bin abi Talib”

Likewise Imam Ibn Qutayba Dinwari (213-276 H) records in his famed work ‘Al-Maarif’ page 76:

“He came to the Prophet (s) as a delegate and converted to Islam, he attended the battle of al-Qadsiya, he attended the battles of Jamal and Sifeen with Ali then Mu’awiyah killed him in Adra along with his group”

While recording about the miracles possessed by the companions of Holy Prophet (s), Shafiyee scholar Allamah Hibatullah Lalkai (d. 418 H) records in his authority work ‘Sharh Usool Etiqad Ahl Sunnah’ Volume 7 page 18:

“What have been narrated from the miracles of Hujr bin Adi or Qais bin Makshooh who are the companions of Prophet (s)”

If still there remains any doubt in Nasibi minds, then let us complete the story by citing the words of the beloved scholar of the Nawasib, Imam Dhahabi who while recording details of Hujr bin Adi stated:

“He had companionship and he was a delegate”
Siyar alam an Nubla, Volume 3 page 463
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 2:25am On Mar 07, 2013
Aba Dharr al-Ghiffari (ra)

Abar Dhar: "O Abul Aswad! According to the Prophet's advice I listened to them and accepted what they said. I still listen to them to accept what they say. By Allah, He will take revenge on Uthman for what he has done to me and he will be proved the worst sinner in my case when he reaches in the court of Allah".
Umdatul Qari Sharh Sahih Bukhari, vol. 4, p. 291
Musnad Ahmad, vol. 5, p. 156 and p. 180
Sunan Abi Daud, vol. 2, p. 282
Tabaqatul Kubra Ibn Sa'd, vol. 1, p. 166
Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, vol. 1, p. 241
Tarikh Ya'qubi, vol. 2, p. 148
Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 3, p. 343
Hulyah Abu Na'im, vol. 1, p. 162
Murujuz Zahab Mus'udi, vol. 1, p. 238
Fatahul Bari, vol. 3, p. 213

Sahih Bukhari-2.24.488-
Narrated Zaid bin Wahab I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following verses of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This verse is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." I said, It was revealed regarding us and also the people of the scriptures." So we had a quarrel and Mu'awiya sent a complaint against me to 'Uthman. 'Uthman wrote to me to come to Medina, and I came to Medina. Many people came to me as if they had not seen me before. So I told this to 'Uthman who said to me, "You may depart and live nearby if you wish." That was the reason for my being here for even if an Ethiopian had been nominated as my ruler, I would have obeyed him .

Bukhari-2.24.489-en-Khan-
Narrated Al-Ahnaf bin Qais While I was sitting with some people from Quraish, a man with very rough hair, clothes, and appearance came and stood in front of us, greeted us and said, "Inform those who hoard wealth, that a stone will be heated in the Hell-fire and will be put on the unmentionables of their bosoms till it comes out from the bones of their shoulders and then put on the bones of their shoulders till it comes through the unmentionables of their bosoms the stone will be moving and hitting." After saying that, the person retreated and sat by the side of the pillar, I followed him and sat beside him, and I did not know who he was. I said to him, "I think the people disliked what you had said." He said, "These people do not understand anything, although my friend told me." I asked, "Who is your friend?" He said, "The Prophet said (to me), 'O Abu Dhar! Do you see the mountain of Uhud?' And on that I (Abu Dhar) started looking towards the sun to judge how much remained of the day as I thought that Allah's Apostle wanted to send me to do something for him and I said, 'Yes!' He said, 'I do not love to have gold equal to the mountain of Uhud unless I spend it all (in Allah's cause) except three Dinars (pounds). These people do not understand and collect worldly wealth. No, by Allah, Neither I ask them for worldly benefits nor am I in need of their religious advice till I meet Allah, The Honorable, The Majestic." '

We read in Tabaqat and Istiab as follows:

Ibrahim bin Malik al-Ashtar has narrated from his father that when Abu Zar’s death approached, his wife started to cry, at which he inquired about her weeping, to which she replied that she couldn’t arrange his funeral, and she didn’t have any sufficient piece of cloth to use as shroud for him.
To this Abu Zar asked her not to cry and said that he had heard the Holy Prophet [saww] that one from amongst his companions would die in the desert and a group of believers would come to him, and I know that I am that person, because its me that lives in the desert. By Allah! Neither did I lie, nor was I lied to, therefore keep observing and wait. She asked how that could be possible when the pilgrim caravans had passed.
She, then would hike a mount and watch the path and return to look after her husband. She then saw a group who were moving very fast on their riding animals. She waved a cloth at them, which they noticed and came to inquire about it. She said that a believer was dying and she didn’t have cloth for his shroud. When asked she told then that it was Abu Zar, to which they replied, may their parents be sacrificed on him….
An Ansari youth came forward and offered a shroud saying it was from the clothes that he wore and was in his bag. He agreed and allowed him to shroud him. He said that the Ansari shrouded him and all the others in the group also came to him. The group also included Hujr bin al-Adbar and Malik bin Ashtar. They were all Cypriots.
Tabaqat ibn Sa’ad (Urdu), Volume 2, part 4, page 601-602 (Published by Daarul Ishaat, Karachi)
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 2:30am On Mar 07, 2013
Rafidi :

Masha'Allah brother.

So you're telling us you want evidence because you don't even know those companions?

No problem.I will give you evidence for each.I'd turn a blind eye to your insults.

At the end of the day i say to you and your other raafidah (ahlul bid'ah wal hawa) that: lakum dinukum wa liyadeen (to you be your faith to me is my faith)

I testify that there is no God/deity worthy of worship except Allaah ta'aala and i also testify that Muhammad (the Messenger peace and blessing of Allaah be upon him) is His (Allaah) Messenger.

A'oothobi kalimaatillaahi tamaati min sharri maa khalaqa, amiin.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 2:32am On Mar 07, 2013
Malik Ibn Ashtar (ra)

“When ‘Ali returned from Siffin he had sent al Asthar back to his command over the Jazirah and had said to Qays bin Sa’d ‘Stay with me in charge of my personal guards (shurat) until we have finished this business of the arbitration (hukumah) and then do to Adharbayjan”. So Qays remained with ‘Ali over his personal guard and when the business of the arbitration was over, ‘Ali wrote to Malik b, al-Harith al-Asthar, who was at the time in Nasibin. “Now you are one of those whose help I need in making the religion (din) effective, by whom I restrain the arrogance of the sinner, and by whom I fortify the dangerous fromtier district (thagir). I have Muhammad b. Abu Bakr over Egypt, but the rebels (Khawarij) there came out aganst him and he is a raw youth with no experience of war and untested. Come to me so that we can consider what is necessary regarding that, and leave behind over your province, those of your men who are trustworthy and sincere advisors. Salutations”.

Malik came ‘Ali and went in to him.’Ali told him the news about the men of Egypt and gave him the reports about them, and he said, “You are the only man for it. Set out there, may God have mercy on you. If I do not tell you what to do about it, it is because I am content with your own judgement. Ask for God’s help if anything worries you, and micx firmness with gentleness. Be mild so long as mildness is effective, but insist on firmness when you have to”. So al-Ashthar left ‘Ali, went to the place where he had left his things, and got ready to set out for Egypt.

Mu’awiyah’s spies came and informed him of ‘Ali’s appointment of Al-Asthar, and that weighed haveily on him for he coveted Egypt and knew that if Al-Asthar arrived there he would be a more difficult prospect than Muhammad b. Abu Bakr. He therefore sent to al Jayastar, one of those subject to the Kharaj tax, and told him that al Asthar had been appointed over Egypt. And he said to him, “If you take care of him, I will not take any Kharaj from you as long as I live; so do what you can to outwit him”. al Jayastar then went to al Qulzum and waited there. Al Asthar left Iraq for Egypt, and when he reached al Qulzum al Jayastar met him and said, “Here is somewhere to stay and here is food and fodder. I am one of those subject to the Kharaj”. Al Asthar stayed there with him and the diqhan came with fodder and food. Then, when he had fed him, he bought him a honeyed drink into which he had mixed poison. He gave it to him to drink and when he had done so he died.

Mu’awiyah proceeded to tell the Syrians, “Ali has sent Al-Asthar to Egypt – Call on God that he will suffice you against him”. So everyday they implored God against Al-Asthar, and then he who had goven him the drink came to Mu’awiyah and told him of Al-Asthar’s death. Mu’awiyah stood among the people and delivered a khutbah. He praised God and extolled Him and then said “Ali b. Abi Talib had two right hands; one of them was cut off on the day of Siffin (meaning Ammar b. Yasir) and the other today (meaning Al-Asthar)”.
History of Tabari, Volume 18 pages 144-146

Tabaqat al Kubra, Volume 6 page 213
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 2:35am On Mar 07, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

At the end of the day i say to you and your other raafidah (ahlul bid'ah wal hawa) that: lakum dinukum wa liyadeen (to you be your faith to me is my faith)

I testify that there is no God/deity worthy of worship except Allaah ta'aala and i also testify that Muhammad (the Messenger peace and blessing of Allaah be upon him) is His (Allaah) Messenger.

A'oothobi kalimaatillaahi tamaati min sharri maa khalaqa, amiin.

Again,I'd turn a blind eye to your insults.

But at least be patient.you asked for evidence.calling us "ahlul bidah wal hawa",with disregard to the evidence you asked for is unfair.no need to run,while you insist to blowing big words.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 3:16am On Mar 07, 2013
Rafidi :
Aba Dharr al-Ghiffari (ra)

Abar Dhar: "O Abul Aswad! According to the Prophet's advice I listened to them and accepted what they said. I still listen to them to accept what they say. By Allah, He will take revenge on Uthman for what he has done to me and he will be proved the worst sinner in my case when he reaches in the court of Allah".
Umdatul Qari Sharh Sahih Bukhari, vol. 4, p. 291
Musnad Ahmad, vol. 5, p. 156 and p. 180
Sunan Abi Daud, vol. 2, p. 282
Tabaqatul Kubra Ibn Sa'd, vol. 1, p. 166
Sharh Ibn Abil Hadid, vol. 1, p. 241
Tarikh Ya'qubi, vol. 2, p. 148
Mustadrak Hakim, vol. 3, p. 343
Hulyah Abu Na'im, vol. 1, p. 162
Murujuz Zahab Mus'udi, vol. 1, p. 238
Fatahul Bari, vol. 3, p. 213

Sahih Bukhari-2.24.488-
Narrated Zaid bin Wahab I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following verses of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This verse is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." I said, It was revealed regarding us and also the people of the scriptures." So we had a quarrel and Mu'awiya sent a complaint against me to 'Uthman. 'Uthman wrote to me to come to Medina, and I came to Medina. Many people came to me as if they had not seen me before. So I told this to 'Uthman who said to me, "You may depart and live nearby if you wish." That was the reason for my being here for even if an Ethiopian had been nominated as my ruler, I would have obeyed him .

Bukhari-2.24.489-en-Khan-
Narrated Al-Ahnaf bin Qais While I was sitting with some people from Quraish, a man with very rough hair, clothes, and appearance came and stood in front of us, greeted us and said, "Inform those who hoard wealth, that a stone will be heated in the Hell-fire and will be put on the unmentionables of their bosoms till it comes out from the bones of their shoulders and then put on the bones of their shoulders till it comes through the unmentionables of their bosoms the stone will be moving and hitting." After saying that, the person retreated and sat by the side of the pillar, I followed him and sat beside him, and I did not know who he was. I said to him, "I think the people disliked what you had said." He said, "These people do not understand anything, although my friend told me." I asked, "Who is your friend?" He said, "The Prophet said (to me), 'O Abu Dhar! Do you see the mountain of Uhud?' And on that I (Abu Dhar) started looking towards the sun to judge how much remained of the day as I thought that Allah's Apostle wanted to send me to do something for him and I said, 'Yes!' He said, 'I do not love to have gold equal to the mountain of Uhud unless I spend it all (in Allah's cause) except three Dinars (pounds). These people do not understand and collect worldly wealth. No, by Allah, Neither I ask them for worldly benefits nor am I in need of their religious advice till I meet Allah, The Honorable, The Majestic." '

We read in Tabaqat and Istiab as follows:

Ibrahim bin Malik al-Ashtar has narrated from his father that when Abu Zar’s death approached, his wife started to cry, at which he inquired about her weeping, to which she replied that she couldn’t arrange his funeral, and she didn’t have any sufficient piece of cloth to use as shroud for him.
To this Abu Zar asked her not to cry and said that he had heard the Holy Prophet [saww] that one from amongst his companions would die in the desert and a group of believers would come to him, and I know that I am that person, because its me that lives in the desert. By Allah! Neither did I lie, nor was I lied to, therefore keep observing and wait. She asked how that could be possible when the pilgrim caravans had passed.
She, then would hike a mount and watch the path and return to look after her husband. She then saw a group who were moving very fast on their riding animals. She waved a cloth at them, which they noticed and came to inquire about it. She said that a believer was dying and she didn’t have cloth for his shroud. When asked she told then that it was Abu Zar, to which they replied, may their parents be sacrificed on him….
An Ansari youth came forward and offered a shroud saying it was from the clothes that he wore and was in his bag. He agreed and allowed him to shroud him. He said that the Ansari shrouded him and all the others in the group also came to him. The group also included Hujr bin al-Adbar and Malik bin Ashtar. They were all Cypriots.
Tabaqat ibn Sa’ad (Urdu), Volume 2, part 4, page 601-602 (Published by Daarul Ishaat, Karachi)

I ask for daleel but you found none except those one that people you make taqleed (blind following) of fabricated.
Nothing you can quote from the Qur'an or the Hadith Alkutubus Sittah.

And you have the gut to ask me if im muslim
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by maclatunji: 8:50am On Mar 07, 2013
Gentlemen, kindly halt the name-calling and bickering. Ibnjurayj, you are welcome to this section but you need to calm down and ignore the temptation to take on LagosShia and his companions in "name-calling and insults contests". They literally want to debate and attack your points at every given opportunity they get. Hence, you will have to exercise a lot of patience and refrain from using derogatory words.

@LagosShia and Co. You know we have history and I am going to request that you guys stay in your lane. That starts with addressing issues and stop attacking other Muslims. Whatever thoughts you have about the companions of the Prophet (SAW) or other Muslims should be moderated. Any attempts to malign this or any other category of people will not be tolerated.

I don't want to start banning people but if you guys abuse your posting privileges, I will have to sanction you. Islam is big enough to accommodate every individual that genuinely seeks to worship Allah and follow the Sunnah of his Prophet (SAW). Hence, there is no need for the shenanigans that have been exhibited in this thread.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Rafidi: 11:00am On Mar 07, 2013
Ibnjurayj:

I ask for daleel but you found none except those one that people you make taqleed (blind following) of fabricated.
Nothing you can quote from the Qur'an or the Hadith Alkutubus Sittah.

And you have the gut to ask me if im muslim

All the evidence given are from Sunni books by classical and respected scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah.
Re: Any Salafi Masjid In Lagos Mainland? by Ibnjurayj(m): 9:07pm On Mar 07, 2013
Rafidi :

All the evidence given are from Sunni books by classical and respected scholars of Ahlus-Sunnah.

I decide to accommodate you still, maybe you will take heed and abandon the path of falsehoods, may Allaah guide you.

I expected you to bring daleel from one of these 6 authentic books:

1.Sahih Bukhari, collected by Imam Bukhari (d. 870), includes 7275 ahadith
2.Sahih Muslim, collected by Muslim b. al-Hajjaj (d. 875), includes 9200 ahadith
3.Sunan al-Sughra, collected by al-Nasa'i (d. 915)
4.Sunan Abu Dawood, collected by Abu Dawood (d. 888)
5.Jami al-Tirmidhi, collected by al-Tirmidhi (d. 892)
6.Sunan ibn Majah, collected by Ibn Majah (d. 887)

All those references you mentioned are void, i want you to give me the name of the collector and then mention the volume and the chapter name i.e Sahih Bukhari vol 1, book 1 we already know that vol 1, book 1. is about revelation. So stop giving page number, you should understand that the page that brother A has might not correspond with brother B. If you can give me that then you are trusworthy.

I challenge you Mr

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Islam Justify This / Ziyarat To The Haram Of Imam Ali Al-ridha (as), 8th Shia Imam / The Final days of Ramadan 1445AH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.