Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,211 members, 7,839,119 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye (13667 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) / Your Thoughts On This Sticker Of Bishop Oyedepo? Blasphemy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye by NET1(m): 9:03am On Mar 07, 2013
I just hope I have not sinned against the Holy Spirit. The thought of Hell-Fire is too scary. God please help me bridle my tongue.

.NET

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye by danot1030: 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
THANK YOU FOR THIS, I AM HIGHLY BLESSED.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye by ijcu(m): 5:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Bro,pls try to study ur bible if you are a 'christian' ! Blasphemy of the holy spirit isn't permanently rejecting Jesus. Please see below what blasphemy of the holy spirit realy is :
Please note that if you continuously reject Jesus you can still be forgiven becos it is the holy spirit that will convict you and bring you to repentance !See what Jesus is saying to those who blaspheme HIM: ''And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him;''-Mathew 12:32

The unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is an act
of resistance which belittles the Holy Spirit so grievously that he withdraws for ever
with his convicting power so that we are never able to repent and be forgiven.

To explain the above,let us consider the scripture and see what God is saying through HIS son Jesus who left us with the HOLY SPIRIT to convict us of our sins and bring us to repentance !
See below what Christ is saying in Mark 3:29:
''but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences."
If you look at the scripture above,you will see that Christ did not say if you blaspheme against God or HIM(Jesus)the son of God BUT HE said blaspheme against the holy spirit ! God the Father,God the Son and God the Holy spirit are one i.e 'EGG' It has got the shell,the egg white and the yoke ! It's three in one but they have their different roles aiming at achieving one goal ! Now since by the grace of God we have seen or already know that God the FATHER THE SON AND THE HOLLY SPIRIT IS ONE,let's just take a little highlight of their duties !
1.God the Father-HE has planned redemption
2.The son (Jesus has accomplished redemption. This wonderful redemption is outside ourselves and available to us if we repent of our sin
and turn back to Christ in faith !
3.But it is the unique and special role of the Holy Spirit to apply the Father's plan and the Son's accomplishment of it to our hearts !
From the above,we can see that the holy spirit plays the role of bringing both the father's plans and the son's accomplishment to our hearts !
Now,if we blaspheme the father which most of us do every now and then,there is still hope ! If we blaspheme the son,there may still be hope according to what Jesus says in the book of Mathew 12:32 ''And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come.''
From the above we have seen that even if you sin against Jesus,the son of man,you can still be forgiven !
The big question is ;'what is the sin against the holy spirit and why can't i be forgiven here on earth and after ?
One of the sins committed before this statement was uttered by Christ was that the scribes were heard by Jesus attributing the powers of the Holy spirit that works in him as the powers of Satan, saying that HE (Jesus)uses the powers of Bezeebul to cast out demons and do miracles as well! This is only but one according to Mark 3:29.
From the fact that we have established regarding the work or role of the Holy spirit''But it is the unique and special role of the Holy Spirit to apply the Father's plan and the Son's accomplishment of it to our hearts !''We can therefore say,if we[b] grieve[/b] the holy spirit who is suppose to bring conviction to our hearts therefore bringing about the plans of God the father regarding redemption through the death of HIS son Jesus,who then will do this Job if we grieve the holy spirit ?
Christ isn't saying that we can not be forgiven because we asked for forgiveness.HE is saying we can not ask for forgiveness becos the holy spirit has been grieved and left us with our own human conscience that is weak becos we sinned against the holy spirit! And if we do not ask for forgiveness becos we can't as a result of the fact that we have grieved the holy spirit and he has decided to let us be,how then can we be forgiven? Forgiveness can never be possible becos the one who is supposed to convict us and bring us to repentance for us to be forgiven has far long left us to ourselves !
My brother,i pray the holy spirit help u to understand the above. The bible can not contradict itself !
God help us all

may God help us.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye by Snowwy: 5:32pm On Mar 07, 2013
Just as a poster here said, if one can guard what proceeds from His mouth, it goes a long way to show a perfect man.
The way so many posters on NL post nowadays is really a pity. The bitterness, vitrol and anger is alarming.
May God indeed help us to guard our lips to speak life to the hearers.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy Severs Link By Pastor Adeboye by Yornandrew: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Maybe I have committed the Sin against the Holy Spirit. Many times in prayer meetings and to our fellow brothers we usually say "the Holy Spirit has said" when not sure He has spoken. We usually say things that are untrue in the name of God. We distorted scriptures to sooth the norm. We at times resisted the move of the Spirit disregarding it when we were sure it is Spirit of God moving. I disobeyed specific words from God and did the exact opposite. We spoke lies against our fellow brothers and sisters to proof that we were more spiritual than them. If on the basis of this then I have committed the unpardonable sin or blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Winners Youth Convention 2016 August 2-6: The Rise Of End Time Rescue Agents / Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.