Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Which Church Do You Attend - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Church Do You Attend (2102 Views)

Which Church Program Would You Want To Attend? (Hilarious Photos) / Which Church Do You Attend And Why? / Nairalanders What Church Do You Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Church Do You Attend by SunGod1: 12:15am On Mar 28, 2008
4Him:

Funny that those who claim to believe that God doesnt exist shld waste so much time struggling to blaspheme and thrash the very concept of theism.
How will u spend half your life ranting about someone who doesnt exist? grin

Hey cut us some freaking slack, Just the way christians love to do their praise worship and engage in their psycho babble of speaking in tongues so as to entertain themselves and become pro active, we too just like to keep our selves busy and just create fun for the sake of it.

Since we dont really know how to engage in psycho babble talk in aramic, we can take solace in the fact that we can say bullshit about virtually anything we want and the issue of god keeps creeping up mysteriously, lol

And as you fundamentalists say, when 2 or 3 people are gathered together, god is there, so we have to give god something he would remember for a long time. Its just a habit we R.R.S love to enjoy, nothing sinister though, lol

Thats an example of our pictural blasphemy debate, Hope you can solve this little puzzle for us, lol
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Nobody: 12:19am On Mar 28, 2008
Lepers & Second Class Citizens? Because i dont believe in your Religion and ask Questions? So much for "Love your neighbour as your self"!

Re: Which Church Do You Attend
« #29 on: Yesterday at 11:58:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I belong to the Rational Response Squad.

Our motto is: If you believe in god, we can fix that problem or delusion for you

We believe in rational thinkings and analysing things through human reasoning and common sense.

We celebrate a lot of (un)holidays like

1. Christ-My-Ass day

2. Eostere sunday

3. Excellent Friday

During our congregation we engage in the blasphemy debate and challenge, e.g you can say F***k jesus or Moses is a Dick Head and chill out without any bible wielding nut job raining the wrath of romans 3 v 8 on you and condemning you to the gates of hell and all that bullshit!

In fact this is one of the posters we share to our esteemed delusional christians, lol

ordinarily, shouldnt give much attention to jips like you.think you belong to the unfortunate few who believe the MECHANIST'S THEORY
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 12:20am On Mar 28, 2008
Sun God:

Hey cut us some freaking slack

Easy does it mr. no one is arguing with you . . . or telling you not to excercise your freedom of expression.  grin
I'm just saying not to burst a nerve in the process . . . u seem to be taking it a little too personal especially as you already believe Christ does not exist.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 28, 2008
I'm just saying not to burst a nerve in the process . . . u seem to be taking it a little too personal especially as you already believe Christ does not exist.
you explaine my point so effortlesly
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 12:29am On Mar 28, 2008
Why are Atheists treated like Lepers & Second Class Citizens? Because i dont believe in your Religion and ask Questions? So much for "Love your neighbour as your self"!

This was on Sun_God's profile page . . . hmmm i had to chuckle to myself when i saw it. It is no different from the pathetic mooslims who are quick to hide under the skirts of "victimhood", forever crying of "Israeli oppression", western "foreign policy" and alleged "islamophobia" that only exists in their warped minds.

Did Sun God just claim that atheists are treated as second class citizens? shocked This man must be living in the moon . . . the same "second class" citizens who have succeeded in getting prayers banned from public space, banned the wearing of religious (read that to mean christian) symbols in public businesses, the removal of the terms AD replaced by CE and BCE . . . shocked

Wow, this must be some powerful "second class citizens".
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by SunGod1: 12:45am On Mar 28, 2008
olrotimi:

Lepers & Second Class Citizens? Because i don't believe in your Religion and ask Questions? So much for "Love your neighbour as your self"!

Re: Which Church Do You Attend
« #29 on: Yesterday at 11:58:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I belong to the Rational Response Squad.

Our motto is: If you believe in god, we can fix that problem or delusion for you

We believe in rational thinkings and analysing things through human reasoning and common sense.

We celebrate a lot of (un)holidays like

1. Christ-My-Ass day

2. Eostere sunday

3. Excellent Friday

During our congregation we engage in the blasphemy debate and challenge, e.g you can say F***k jesus or Moses is a Dick Head and chill out without any bible wielding nut job raining the wrath of romans 3 v 8 on you and condemning you to the gates of hell and all that bullshit!

In fact this is one of the posters we share to our esteemed delusional christians, lol

ordinarily, shouldnt give much attention to jips like you.think you belong to the unfortunate few who believe the MECHANIST'S THEORY

4Him:

Easy does it mr. no one is arguing with you . . . or telling you not to excercise your freedom of expression.  grin

Oooh! Some people are feeling edgy already, lol

Guess you dont like it when the people say u worship a delusional being huh!

hmm, let me see how i feel (Before i burst a nerve again)  grin

1. I wake up in the morning and hear some freaking Imams disturbing my ear lobes and constituting an early morning    public nuisance. Nobody except me seems to notice and its freaking normal, because they are praying to this freak of nature:

2. Switch on the t.v and the first thing you see is a televangelical programme trying to distrupt my early morning news

3.  Open my gates and guess what an early morning jehovah witness trying to hand me some chick tracts pamplet in a watch tower form

4. If by some freak of nature i end up taking the public bus to work, i get totally subdued by one raving lunatic preaching all day and raining thunder and brim stone about the wrath of god and hell.

5. Get to work and the lunatic secretary is trying to organize a 15 minute praise worship to start off the day and inviting me to join in unless business wont move ( As if the stupid prayers had improved the fortunes of the company anyway)

6. Stupid figure heads all claiming to be some form of clergy men as business men come to the office and start praying for the owner and saying all form of shit blocking my ears.

7. Get home from all the madness and once again prayer before supper

8. Okay about to sleep, prayers before sleeping

9. Ok am done with the prayers, you get a phone call from an irritaing chick begging you to attend serve with her on sunday

The least goes on and on and on with all this media and personal hoopola about jesus , mohammed and whatever infilterating my ears all day and haranging me to pray with this or sing with that.

Now since i have joined the Rational Response Squad i am enjoying myself now getting back at the fundamentalists with so much happiness and peace of mind and your saying i am devoting my energy to this and breaking a nerve?

Please compadre, i am having a ball. Just the way you irritated me all my life with these psycho babble, i would definately irritate some people. It might not be you for now but i am definately going to make one or 2 people see reason why they should bitch slap anything that preaches the bible or koran near them ever again till they wake up from their delusions.

Now when ever i hear one of those twats preach to me about jesus, this is what i see:

Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2008
Sun God:

Oooh! Some people are feeling edgy already, lol

Guess you don't like it when the people say u worship a delusional being huh!

Sun God . . . why would i be feeling edgy? grin I'm enjoying ur entertaiinment on this thread.
Whether you claim i worship a delusion or not, it really isnt a bother. Enjoy the tomes, it makes for a good reading when i'm less busy. tongue
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by SunGod1: 12:58am On Mar 28, 2008
Wow, this must be some powerful "second class citizens

Hmm let me see!

1. How many atheists do you know that has won an election?

2. How many atheists do you know that grown up around you

3. How many atheists do you have as friends

4. How many atheists can come out in public and say they dont believe in god and they are not looked down upon like AIDS patients

5. How many atheists do you know that can question any of the pastors and imams and not get stoned, burnt, imprisioned or killed

6. How many times have you seen a questionnaire that includes all the religions and adds atheisms

7. How many families can openly accept their kids are athiests

8. How many athiests can marry into a religious home

Please my friend, you have nothing to say. In case you dont know, the people that fight to ban prayers in public places are religious fundamentalists of a different faith that are trying to protect their territorial grounds.

Wasnt it the largely french christian dominated parliament that fought against muslim girls wearing the hijab in schools?

The removal of the A.D to B.C.E was largely because of the gaffe christian scholars recognized in their distorted history so as to save face and not necessarily an atheist movement change.

All we do is ask rational questions and if you cant answer back, then your delusional. Q.E.D.

Abeg stop distorting history or facts and start thinking rationally.  

Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2008
while i leave you guys to slug i out in this never say die thread, know that bible says you should not be involved in[b] foolish [/b] [color=#990000][/color]arguements esp as pertaining to doctrine and biblicals.not quoted in toto
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 1:01am On Mar 28, 2008
Here's a simple solution to ur "grievances" . . .

Sun God:

1. I wake up in the morning and hear some freaking Imams disturbing my ear lobes and constituting an early morning    public nuisance. Nobody except me seems to notice and its freaking normal, because they are praying to this freak of nature:

Go warn the imams urself and see if they dont chase you with cudgels.  grin

Sun God:

2. Switch on the t.v and the first thing you see is a televangelical programme trying to distrupt my early morning news

That's why you have a remote control,, simply flip to the next channel.

Sun God:

3.  Open my gates and guess what an early morning jehovah witness trying to hand me some chick tracts pamplet in a watch tower form

Tell them to leave . . . we all do the same to salesman.  grin

Sun God:

4. If by some freak of nature i end up taking the public bus to work, i get totally subdued by one raving lunatic preaching all day and raining thunder and brim stone about the wrath of god and hell.

Buy ur own car, wake up early so you can beat the early morning rush.

Sun God:

5. Get to work and the lunatic secretary is trying to organize a 15 minute praise worship to start off the day and inviting me to join in unless business wont move ( As if the stupid prayers had improved the fortunes of the company anyway)

tell the secretary to mind her business.

Sun God:

6. Stupid figure heads all claiming to be some form of clergy men as business men come to the office and start praying for the owner and saying all form of shit blocking my ears.

Shut ur door and turn ur stereo set to the loudest volume, that way u wont have to endure the prayers.

Sun God:

7. Get home from all the madness and once again prayer before supper

Is anyone operating ur mouth for you?

Sun God:

8. Okay about to sleep, prayers before sleeping

Its not by force.

Sun God:

9. Ok am done with the prayers, you get a phone call from an irritaing chick begging you to attend serve with her on sunday

dump the chic and find another one . . . ensure the new one understands the meaning of "spiritual but not religious".

Sun God:

The least goes on and on and on with all this media and personal hoopola about jesus , the great prophet and whatever infilterating my ears all day and haranging me to pray with this or sing with that.

Refuse to buy the papers, make sure ur apartment is nowhere close to a church or mosque, watch only selected channels . . .

Sun God:

Now since i have joined the Rational Response Squad i am enjoying myself now getting back at the fundamentalists with so much happiness and peace of mind and your saying i am devoting my energy to this and breaking a nerve?

Your rantings on this board dont represent a true state of piece of mind.  grin More like a restless spirit.

Sun God:

Please compadre, i am having a ball. Just the way you irritated me all my life with these psycho babble, i would definately irritate some people. It might not be you for now but i am definately going to make one or 2 people see reason why they should bitch slap anything that preaches the bible or great book near them ever again till they wake up from their delusions.

me? When did we ever meet?  cheesy

Sun God:

Now when ever i hear one of those twats preach to me about jesus, this is what i see:

If they every distur u again just slap them.  grin

See . . . problem solved.  cheesy
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 1:03am On Mar 28, 2008
olrotimi:

while i leave you guys to slug i out in this never say die thread, know that bible says you should not be involved in[b] foolish [/b] [color=#990000][/color]arguements esp as pertaining to doctrine and biblicals.not quoted in toto

this is not a slugfest. i'm just enjoying needling Sun God. wink Arguing with the likes of him is a pure waste of precious time.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Nobody: 1:04am On Mar 28, 2008
See . . . problem solved.  
 and every one should be happy.thanks to 4Him. grin cool
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by 4Him(m): 1:12am On Mar 28, 2008
Sun God:

Hmm let me see!

Joseph Stalin, Hitler . . . just to mention a few of ur heroes.  wink

Sun God:

2. How many atheists do you know that grown up around you

Too numerous to mention.

Sun God:

3. How many atheists do you have as friends

Several. For a yr i didnt see the insides of a church myself in college when i was still searching for who God really was.

Sun God:

4. How many atheists can come out in public and say they don't believe in god and they are not looked down upon like AIDS patients

atheists already have books and websites dedicated to them . . . u must be in denial.

Sun God:

5. How many atheists do you know that can question any of the pastors and imams and not get stoned, burnt, imprisioned or killed

Reserve this question for the mooslims . . . who burnt, imprisoned you or threatened u with death for rubbishing the bible? It seems to be everyone's pastime today eh . . . even Dan Brown has made millions from it and he aint dead yet.

Sun God:

6. How many times have you seen a questionnaire that includes all the religions and adds atheisms

Pls ask them to include it next time.

Sun God:

7. How many families can openly accept their kids are athiests

Its not the fault of the church now is it? Ask your parents to accept you . . .

Sun God:

8. How many athiests can marry into a religious home

Depends on the individual u're marrying.

Sun God:

Please my friend, you have nothing to say. In case you don't know, the people that fight to ban prayers in public places are religious fundamentalists of a different faith that are trying to protect their territorial grounds.

Your incoherent rambling disguised as "having something to say" is hilarious. Dont make a fool of urself, i dont remember anyone being bothered about whether u're an atheist or not.

Sun God:

Wasnt it the largely french christian dominated parliament that fought against a great one girls wearing the hijab in schools?

No, it was a fight for secularism.

Sun God:

The removal of the A.D to B.C.E was largely because of the gaffe christian scholars recognized in their distorted history so as to save face and not necessarily an atheist movement change.

No one is complaining, we have since adjusted our calendars.

Sun God:

All we do is ask rational questions and if you can't answer back, then your delusional. Q.E.D.

a question like "when last did an atheist get elected to office" doesnt sound rational to me.

Sun God:

Abeg stop distorting history or facts and start thinking rationally.  

I was just about to raise this too. Maybe we can start from u eh.

. . . and dont forget, you are not obligated to pray before u sleep tonite.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by SunGod1: 3:12am On Mar 28, 2008
Too Many Irrational Nonsense to address. I was wrong about you. Your state of delirium is better imagined. All i can offer now is a first aid to cure your un waivering delusion ( but i go try sha, e go hard though!)

Quote from: Sun God on Today at 12:58:24 AM
Hmm let me see!

Joseph Stalin, Hitler . . . just to mention a few of your heroes.

Hmm, i guess this is the beginning of your lack of research to back up your falsitude aptly demonstrated by christians.

Just to help you understand that hitler was a religious man, i have a clip from wikipedia to help you know that you just jumped the gun and decided to spew out rubbish.

Christianity

Drawing on higher criticism and some branches of theologically liberal Protestantism, Hitler advocated "Positive Christianity", traditional Christianity[citation needed] purged of everything that he found objectionable. Hitler never directed his attacks on Jesus himself,[23] but viewed traditional Christianity as a corruption of the original ideas of Jesus, whom Hitler regarded as an Aryan opponent of the Jews.[24] In Mein Kampf Hitler writes that Jesus "made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In return, Christ was nailed to the cross." Hitler rejected the idea of Jesus' redemptive suffering, stating in 1927:

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."[25]

As Protestantism was more open to reinterpretations, especially Positive Christianity, and a non-traditional re-reading of sacred scripture, and because some of its liberal branches had similar views, Hitler, still a nominal Roman Catholic, demonstrated a preference for Protestantism over Catholicism.[26][27]His views were supported by the German Christians movement, but rejected by the Confessing Church. According to Steigmann-Gall, Hitler regretted that "the churches had failed to back him and his movement as he had hoped;"[28] and he stated according to Albert Speer: "Through me the Protestant Church could become the established church, as in England." Not all the Protestant churches submitted to the state,[29] which Hitler said in Mein Kampf was important in forming a political movement. Hitler supported the appointment of Ludwig Müller as Reichsbischof over the Protestant churches, hoping that he would get them to adhere to Nazi positions. After 1935 Hitler was advised by the newly-appointed Reich Minister for Church Affairs Hans Kerrl.[30] Many Protestants who were not persuaded by argument were arrested and their property and funds confiscated. Hitler said of the Protestants "you can do anything you want with them, they will submit, "[31]

Now how can you open your mouth and say hitler wasnt a religious man abeit a christian before he later waged his war against other denominations but never waiving from the fact that he was a christian?

So much for a lame defense and embarrassing your self in between

As for Joseph stalin, i have proof once again that Stalin was affilated to a religious movement

The Russian Orthodox Church Synod's recognition of the Soviet government and of Stalin personally led to a schism with the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia. An Act of Canonical Communion was signed on May 17, 2007, followed immediately by a full restoration of communion with the Moscow Patriarchate; there remain some issues not fully healed to the present day.

The fact that Stalin had a religious pact with the The Russian Orthodox Church is enough to counter attack your claims that he was fully atheist. His war was against other denominations but not the The Russian Orthodox Church.

So please go and verify your facts before you come out here and bamboozle neutrals who would have just taken your word for it. We rations verify every single bloviate written or said by religious fundamentalists and you just disgraced yourself with your poor knowledge of history and facts.

4. How many atheists can come out in public and say they don't believe in god and they are not looked down upon like AIDS patients

atheists already have books and websites dedicated to them . . . u must be in denial.

In case you didnt read the question correctly, i asked "How many atheists can come out in public and say they don't believe in god"

I didnt ask how many have written books or hide behind their keyboards?

( Fickle minded) For every 10,000 or probably 100000 openly declared christians or muslims, you might find only one that can weather the storm of criticisms. Maybe you have forgotten a certain salman Rushdie so quickly who wrote the satanic verses and a fatwa was placed on his head for decades, pffsssss!

Reserve this question for the mooslims . . . who burnt, imprisoned you or threatened u with death for rubbishing the bible? It seems to be everyone's pastime today eh . . . even Dan Brown has made millions from it and he aint dead yet.

Rubbish!

Common miss world beauty pageant they almost held in abuja because of one statement accredited to mohammed led to the worst violence, deaths and injuries abuja has ever seen by those illiterates who call themselves rational muslims. Talkless of whats happening in the middle east today and sub sahara africa.

Fyi Dan Browns book never questioned the authencity of the existence of jesus. He only made allusions to mary magdalene and the connection with jesus. An atheist would never ever recognize the existence of a certain jesus christ. So please check your facts again. Its becoming painfully shameful.

Please my friend, you have nothing to say. In case you don't know, the people that fight to ban prayers in public places are religious fundamentalists of a different faith that are trying to protect their territorial grounds.

Your incoherent rambling disguised as "having something to say" is hilarious. Dont make a fool of yourself, i don't remember anyone being bothered about whether u're an atheist or not.

Wasnt it the largely french christian dominated parliament that fought against a great one girls wearing the hijab in schools?

No, it was a fight for secularism.

Oh thats funny, but you forgot to add that christian catholic nuns are still allowed to wear their veils and roam the streets of paris 24/7, Hmm, some fight for secularism!

All we do is ask rational questions and if you can't answer back, then your delusional. Q.E.D.

a question like "when last did an atheist get elected to office" doesnt sound rational to me.

Really! What a subtle way of dodging the question. How many people get elected in the u.s and say they are not affilated with god and have the opportunity to win elections?

Hmm isnt the u.s government advocating that the 10 commandments should be placed beside the flag as a national monument?

Look at sub saharan Africa and tell me who has gotten into power for just being rational and not affilated to any religious group?

So much for the question not being rational to you because the staus quo suits you just fine, Hey you a christian so Bleep it, whenever someday i choose to run for office, i can use that as my trump card and get the evangelicals to endorse me, sounds pretty convient.

The remaining one line quips are not worth replying because apart from being nonsensical in nature, its quite appalling e.g asking me to slap the secretary or Dump the chic or , too many senseless things you wrote not worth replying.

Like i said before, your delirium is better imagined and next time please stop convoluting fables as evidence. It only would just expose your ignorance more and it could be quite shameful
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Carlosein(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2008
all this big big grammar for simple question as "which church do you attend?"

na wa for naija grin
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by titoria(f): 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2008
i attend celestial church of christ (C.C.C).anybody who attends the church?
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by oziomatv(m): 12:23pm On Mar 29, 2008
Cherubim and Seraphim till death.
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by ukoma(m): 5:45am On Apr 14, 2008
I am of the Anglican Church
Re: Which Church Do You Attend by Sisikill: 1:01am On Apr 19, 2008
Which Church do you Attend

Lol. . .why would anyone in their right mind want to answer that question on this forum? Who wants to be hanged, drawn and quatered because their Church is not one of the "Chosen"?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor Peter Kayode's Story - True Or False? / All About Rastafarianism / Religion: Truly The Opium Of The Masses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.