Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,549 members, 7,843,710 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30434 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Otobibaba(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2013
i think y'all need to read this; The Ref Was Wrong - So Is The Law http://www.football365.com/ref365/8543296/Ref365

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Frostyzone(m): 11:27am On Mar 06, 2013
This is what some pundits had to say;

Everton manager David Moyes on BBC
Radio 5 live:
"I think tonight Sir Alex Ferguson will be rightly as angry as he has ever been. The decision changed the game. I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had a hard time
tonight. I think they have a right to surround
the referee. The decision was poor and it has
cost them the biggest prize in football."

Former Liverpool and Germany midfielder
Dietmar Hamann on Sky Sports:
"He wants
to bring it down, I think no Real Madrid player
expected it, nobody was claiming a red card.
He didn't see him he didn't mean to do it, it's
not even a booking."

None of the pundits are Man united fans or of English nationality.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by 1dickatatime: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2013
Yes, he got a yellow for the tackle and another yellow for the simulation making it a straight red,wtf was he doing on the ground even when the supposedly injured Arbeloa was already on his feet. All he should have done was to walk up to Arbeloa and say sorry which could have earned him a yellow rather he was simulating.nonsense
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by cytellProperty: 11:29am On Mar 06, 2013
Osondi Owendi, When Chelsea were given 2 red cards against the Reds, they didn't cry foul play o.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by antontech(m): 11:29am On Mar 06, 2013
That was soo harsh.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by davades(m): 11:31am On Mar 06, 2013
What goes around comes around...how come Nani is rolling on the pitch as if he's the one injured? Who knows what Nani was thinking before making that move (raising his leg that high) now pretending as if he's the one injured. Better luck next season. Howard Webb is to ref Sunday's match, God save us o #UP CHELSEA
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by kehinde1588(m): 11:32am On Mar 06, 2013
Man u reap wat day sow. Dats hw dey also do ojoro in premeirship. Bleep man u fans 4 saying it didnt worth red card
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by adelaja70(m): 11:33am On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

I think you are the stupid dumb fu...ck here.
It is a red card, end off!
Deserved and sorry for getting slapped out of the tournament!
Sore losers ... Red or not, Madrid would have thumped you lot still!!!
Bro,na black and white tv u watch the match....How many chances did Madrid create before Nani was sent of?....
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2013
afroconi: No... I don't think it was... It lacked intent, was the first foul of the game and besides was a yellow card offense! I will beat that referee
This is not law court with blind argument please
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :
You cant go kicking about ... He kicked Arbeloa in the sternum and that is out of order ... So, yes, deserved what he got!
Sternum ko, cerebrum ni.. Is wasn't intentional. He wanted to control the ball mid air, and arbeloa was coming behind him. It happend soo fast. The ref just ruined the game. The red card was very harsh.. If it were madrid it happend to, mourinho wuld have cried to the high heavens. Shit dey say happens, so we live to fight anoda day. The one De Jong did to Xabi Alonso at d world cup final nko? Wasn't dat one intention to kill, nd yet he got only a yellow card. Refs are supposed to use their discretion in games, but unfortunately, Cakir didn't use his, nd he ruined d game for us. We played better dan Madrid.. We got a 1-1 score in deir home, nd forced dem into scoring an own goal. Yet dey culdnt penetrate our defence like dat. It had to take an audacious effort by dat stupid croatian to beat De Gea. It has gone, Chelsea shld watch it on Sunday, caus d annoyance will be vented on dem in the FA Cup. UEFA has sha made deir moni by pairing Man Utd vs Real Madrid at dis stage. Kudos to dem. We will be bak next season. *Mtchewww*
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by scholes23(m): 11:35am On Mar 06, 2013
sayso:

The law

Fifa law 12, fouls and misconduct, states: "A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play." It clarifies: "Excessive force means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent."
Aak yourself if Nani did any of those.

Boss watch the match btw Westham and Everton from there u'll c why Carton Cole was given a red card.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by JMystique(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2013
gratiaeo: Liverpool vs Man U̶̲̥̅̊... undeserved red
Shelvel send off, Man u advantage
Chelsea vs Man u... underdeserved red, Torres send off, Man u advantage
Man city vs Man u... undeserved red, kompany send off, Man u advantage
Who's complaining
Damn! Without ref Man u is nothing

Against Reading,RVP goal was adjudged not to have crossed the Line when it clearly did
The next week against city Ashley youngs goal was ruled offside when he was clearly on...don't make ur hatred 4 UTD make u say unreasonable things,UTD still won those 2 matches.Sometimes refs favour u sometimes they don't,sooner or later u loosers will have to come up with anoda excuse 4 UTDs dominance than refs

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Demdem(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2013
I think its justified. Just like keane said, dangerous plays aren't meant on the field. That was a dangerous play from Nani and its straight red. Whether he sees arbeloa or nor or its intentional or nor its immaterial. Dangerous players aren't meant on the field of play.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by licensed2k(m): 11:37am On Mar 06, 2013
fresh_dude: Listen tot his fhool. So Arbeloa should let him control the ball before making his own move? No be first to reach be football again? Nigger shut the fucck up.
see this idiota, cant u make a reasonable comment without offensive statements?
Well, thanks for the internet, trolls like you can now vent ur half baked brain for the world to see. Go Get a life boy!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 11:38am On Mar 06, 2013
adelaja70:
Bro,na black and white tv u watch the match....How many chances did Madrid create before Nani was sent of?....
No you are a foooooool!
I watched the match on my 50inch LED 3D TV and i can tell you again that red card or not, Real Madrid were always going to score goals and dump Manchester United out!
Forget about chances created before the game ..... the bottom line is the scores was level at half time!
Madrid were gee'd up by that goal and stepped up the game!
You need to stop thinking with your rectum, Manchester United FC never stood a chance .. The put in a good shift but the game was always going to be in favour of Real Madrid!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ideylaff: 11:38am On Mar 06, 2013
adelaja70:

How many chances did Chesea and Drogba create b4 Drogba rescued them in Last years Champions league Final

Football is not like that... 11 vs 11 still does not guarantee that the smelly mancs wld have won...

1st half the mancs @ home were defending /sitting back /soaking up pressure like they were the away team.... shameful...
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Reference(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2013
nastydamus: Johnny Evans did same against Drogba but got away with it, thanks to the English ref officiating on the day.
For crying out loud, Nani "could've killed the poor lad".

Arbeloa no be poor lad oh. Na danger to society as well. If na Pepe dem kick like dat the lefree no go even look am.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dopeJemi: 11:42am On Mar 06, 2013

2 d cheLsea fans saying it was a deserved red Card.. PLs I wanna ask u guys.. What luiz did 2 CLeverLy, what do u calL dat?? Which was more dangerous?
and was luiz given a Red card?

Abeg I dey wait oh
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by outseba(m): 11:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Orblonde: If you don't think it is a red card then ask a referee what dangerous play is. Don't let the uk media brainwash you. If that was Real they would be talking different.
well spoken joor...but karma can b smth really,still remember man u vs arsenal(couple of years bck)dis incident hapnd btw eboue and evra,Fergie said it shld hv bn straight red for eboue,so
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2013
jimcaddy: Sternum ko, cerebrum ni.. Is wasn't intentional. He wanted to control the ball mid air, and arbeloa was coming behind him. It happend soo fast. The ref just ruined the game. The red card was very harsh.. If it were madrid it happend to, mourinho wuld have cried to the high heavens. Shit dey say happens, so we live to fight anoda day. The one De Jong did to Xabi Alonso at d world cup final nko? Wasn't dat one intention to kill, nd yet he got only a yellow card. Refs are supposed to use their discretion in games, but unfortunately, Cakir didn't use his, nd he ruined d game for us. We played better dan Madrid.. We got a 1-1 score in deir home, nd forced dem into scoring an own goal. Yet dey culdnt penetrate our defence like dat. It had to take an audacious effort by dat stupid croatian to beat De Gea. It has gone, Chelsea shld watch it on Sunday, caus d annoyance will be vented on dem in the FA Cup. UEFA has sha made deir moni by pairing Man Utd vs Real Madrid at dis stage. Kudos to dem. We will be bak next season. *Mtchewww*
You are a dunce ... The red card wasnt harsh at all, it was a reckless attempt to get the ball thereby endangering the oncoming Arbeloa, that is definitely punishable and the referee used his discretion as you stated up there, and showed the fu...cker a RED, which i thought he duely deserved.....He didnt ruin the game for you crapheads, you never stood a chance ... Madrid were always going to score goals and i didnt see a Manchester United team beating Madrid over 90minutes ... I just didnt see it!
Nani on or off, Real Madrid would have still progressed ... I am glad it happened to a player like Nani, someone who is notorious for conning the referee on several ocassions in the past .... I am very pleased with the referees decision and the outcome of the game!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ogunsam75(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2013
Karate kid....Nani should be employ to act d part2 of d film.

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Saintp(m): 11:43am On Mar 06, 2013
This is why i'm begining to hate the game and will soon move to other sports. Everything and everybody involved in football are all liars,cheats and hyprocrites.The players, coaches, refs, fans etc. When it happens 2 ur team, ur analysis becomes different, people who supported or didnt support this red card will change their views if it were the other way round. Look at Fergie screaming blue murder, will he have done the same thing if it was the other way round? He would have said its part of the game or even said its a red and justify it. Look at Murinho trying to justify it, its d same morinho dat scream blue murder when he looses one man against Barca whether deserved or undeserved.

Chelsea fans will support the card why? because it is man utd. When it is Chelsea on d recieving end, man utd fans will see nothing wrong with the decision. When it is Barca, anti barca will support a wrong decision, when its madrid, anti madrid will support d decision.

Somebody was talking about Toress red card. Everybody in the world knows dat was a bad decision whether Utd fans agree or not. Then must u support the Nani's red simply becos its a payback?

For Goodness sake, This game is not fair anymore and its not making sense. Only very few people drop sentiments when watching football these days. Support the game and be fair whether its barca, chelsea , Man U, Real.etc
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 11:44am On Mar 06, 2013
ideylaff:

How many chances did Chesea and Drogba create b4 Drogba rescued them in Last years Champions league Final

Football is not like that... 11 vs 11 still does not guarantee that the smelly mancs wld have won...

1st half the mancs @ home were defending /sitting back /soaking up pressure like they were the away team.... shameful...
Thank you and dont mind the idio...t!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 11:45am On Mar 06, 2013
J-Mystique:

Against Reading,RVP goal was adjudged not to have crossed the Line when it clearly did
The next week against city Ashley youngs goal was ruled offside when he was clearly on...don't make ur hatred 4 UTD make u say unreasonable things,UTD still won those 2 matches.Sometimes refs favour u sometimes they don't,sooner or later u loosers will have to come up with anoda excuse 4 UTDs dominance than refs
I like ur comment bro. Some ppl are just haters. Hate it wen yu are succeeding. United are the best in England based on current form, and second best in England after Liverpool based on History. Chelsea and arsenal fans shld go nd rest in peace. I wonder how some pple think sef. D red card was very harsh. Fergie's tactics was working up until d red card. We didn't need rooney caus we wanted to keep d game as it was. Madrid were under pressure caus dey needed to score. Nd dey didn't until after d red card. Arbeloa was taken off wen Mourinho smelt blood nd he brought on Modric. The pressure was on the mid field. And it had to take a 25 yard shot caus dey culdnt penetrate us. I still maintain dat madrid wuldnt have beaten us 11 vs 11
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 06, 2013
Demdem: I think its justified. Just like keane said, dangerous plays aren't meant on the field. That was a dangerous play from Nani and its straight red. Whether he sees arbeloa or nor or its intentional or nor its immaterial. Dangerous players aren't meant on the field of play.
You don't fail to disappoint, always yawning dust, so you come up here to justify what Keane said, didn't you see it yourself?
Don forget say na newspaper stabd you dey watch your own match
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by HornyJane(f): 11:48am On Mar 06, 2013
That is Kung Fu at its best, my sister almost fainted seeing Nani do those stunts lol
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ideylaff: 11:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

Thank you and dont mind the idio...t!

LOL
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by JMystique(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

I think you are the stupid dumb fu...ck here.
It is a red card, end off!
Deserved and sorry for getting slapped out of the tournament!
Sore losers ... Red or not, Madrid would have thumped you lot still!!!

Real had just a shot on target before ther red,utd had hit d post and were leading by a goal
Note:I didn't resort to insuLts or name calling to make my point cos I think dts 4 retards
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by toprealman: 11:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Have always said it that Ferguson and his lot are all bad losers.
You guys have to focus on the FA and EPL. Very bright prospect for your team to be honest.
Bale scored a clear offside against Arsenal but nobody dwelt on that.
How many times have they denied Suarez clear penalty, yet Brendan Rogers don't moan forever about that.
You win some and lose some, that is football for you.
Van Persie is a legend isn't he?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Demdem(m): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Ogbeche77: You don't fail to disappoint, always yawning dust, so you come up here to justify what Keane said, didn't you see it yourself?
Don forget say na newspaper stabd you dey watch your own match

Av stated my opinion which tends to go with what Keane said. Why don't u state urs or shut the ffuck up. Again, what I saw was a deserved red. U can continue to moan till eternity, nothing can change that.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jimcaddy(m): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2013
Table Leg :

You are a dunce ... The red card wasnt harsh at all, it was a reckless attempt to get the ball thereby endangering the oncoming Arbeloa, that is definitely punishable and the referee used his discretion as you stated up there, and showed the fu...cker a RED, which i thought he duely deserved.....He didnt ruin the game for you crapheads, you never stood a chance ... Madrid were always going to score goals and i didnt see a Manchester United team beating Madrid over 90minutes ... I just didnt see it!
Nani on or off, Real Madrid would have still progressed ... I am glad it happened to a player like Nani, someone who is notorious for conning the referee on several ocassions in the past .... I am very pleased with the referees decision and the outcome of the game!
you just sounded like a fucking hater. How can you say Madrid were always goin to beat us. How many shots on target did madrid have in the first half?? Answer me. We controlled d game. We almost scored. We put so much pressure on dem. And we defended well. If dey were dat gud, why didn't dey beat us in the first leg. If not for missed chances by RVP, we shld have buried dem in their own stadium. We forced dem into scoring an own goal, and yu are saying bullshit. Lady luck smiled on dem.. Bcaus dey beat barca, u are talkn rubbish. If dey had beaten us without a red card, I wuld have admitted defeat. One decision turned d tie.. We shall see if dey will win the UCL. Common Dortmund and Man City almost knocked dem out of d group stages. We shall see. Dey shld thank goodness for Ronaldo our boy. Let's see where dey wuld have been without dat boy.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by kujix101(m): 11:56am On Mar 06, 2013
pro01: Na (red) devil go punish Nani and Man U in general. Dem think say ojoro na their birthright. Was Torres' red card in Chelsea vs Man U (at Stamford Bridge) justified? Not every referee belongs to the 'PDP'. Serves them right.

I owe you bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs AFC Bournemouth (0 - 3) On 31st January 2018 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (1 - 4) On 6th November 2023 / Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 20th January 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.