Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram (864 Views)

Gov Fayose welcomes Sultan of Sokoto to Ekiti state (photos) / Northern Elders Amnesty Call For Boko Haram: Unpatriotic, Insane And Insulting / 8,000 Security Personnel Mobilised In Sokoto For Saturday’s Guber Elections (2) (3) (4)

Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Euroclydon(m): 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2013
[b]The recent call for amnesty by the Sultan of Sokoto for BH elements raised so many concerns that i believe critical thinkers on this prestigious forum can relate to so i decided to unveil my thoughts on this issues and open the floor for intelligent inputs by Nigerians so if you gat nothing meaningful to contribute,kindly learn from other comments, it will serve you well.

These are my thoughts
1. If we are meant to believe that Boko Haram has links with Al- Qaeda,of what use is the amnesty if it wont be extended to Al -Qaeda too?

2. The last video release by Shekau did not give any inclination towards amnesty

3. We are also made to believe that Boko Haram has various factions so which of the faction is the sultan speaking for cos its obviously not Shekau's faction

4. Assuming the amnesty is implemented, how real is the assurances that the bombings will stop especially given the diversity of splinter groups and what is the probability that another ugly group wont emerge?

5. If the Amnesty call is being compared to the Niger Delta case, who will be the figure head for implementing it?...for Niger Delta,it was Tompolo and co.

6. In as much as we all want the BH violence to cease, is Amnesty really the way forward or is it a case of ''trial and error''[/b]

The floor is open for discussions please.

Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by yanni1(m): 2:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
I am of the opinion that the death of Shekau will go a long way. After his death, his followers might embrace either amnesty or pardon but as long as Shekau is alive and pumping....wahala dey.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by lacasa: 2:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
Remove PDP from the Helms of affairs anϑ BokoHaram will disappear

Shikenan! cool
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Andrew3(m): 2:47pm On Mar 06, 2013
yanni.:
I am of the opinion that the death of Shekau will go a long way. After his death, his followers might embrace either amnesty or pardon but as long as Shekau is alive and pumping....wahala dey.

He is just a tool.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by bubadaniel13: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2013
As far as i am concern,Amnesty to Boko Haram is just a waste of time,it can only happen when people like Shekau show commitment and shun their wicked act...
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Euroclydon(m): 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2013
lacasa: Remove PDP from the Helms of affairs anϑ BokoHaram will disappear

Shikenan! cool

Your point is not far from the truth but do you know that The Sultan did not make this assertion all this while till a few days from the expected visit of GEJ to the volatile region. A school of thought believes it's a political statement to preempt GEJ to say something in that direction when he visits.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by SherlockHolmes1(m): 3:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
::Andrew:::

He is just a tool.

Ok,if he is just a tool, who are the puppeteers? Al Qaeda or politicians or both?
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Stallion77(f): 3:26pm On Mar 06, 2013
I think he is just trying to give media geeks a headline jor...
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Stallion77(f): 3:34pm On Mar 06, 2013

Shikenan! cool

Really?
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by MurphyT1: 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2013

Shikenan! cool

so is pdp the prob? if cpc or ac takes ova, the will be no bokoharam...okkkkkk i seeeeee...invariably means that, boko haram are dancing to a tune played by some drummers somwehere...
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by BlackMamba2: 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2013
If it can be extended to Al Qaeda, I give my go ahead. Cos it's evident that the money is too much!
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by glimpse(f): 6:20pm On Mar 06, 2013

Shikenan! cool

if PDP is removed, they wil form dia own 'BokoHaram'.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by anicho(m): 8:56pm On Mar 06, 2013
Some people just want to finish this country before they leave mother earth.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by saintneo(m): 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
Ali Baba and the forty thieves.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by gramci: 9:32pm On Mar 06, 2013

Shikenan! cool

APC lawmaker was arrested earlier today with assault weapons and bomb making materials. They are the real terrorist, they killed innocent youth corpers in bauchi and they have threatened that "Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in blood".
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by miiraaj: 9:52pm On Mar 06, 2013
^^^
Didn't you get this part from the op
if you gat nothing meaningful to contribute,kindly learn from other comments, it will serve you well.

Abeg, try to be a responsible human being.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by free13: 10:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
gramci:

APC lawmaker was arrested earlier today with assault weapons and bomb making materials. They are the real terrorist, they killed innocent youth corpers in bauchi and they have threatened that "Dogs and Baboons will be soaked in blood".

Buhari and his killer party.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 07, 2013
In a N1 billion suit filed by the Plaintiff at the High Court holden in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, the defendant, Asu Beks has been summoned to appear before the court on Thursday, March 7, 2013 to defend himself against the allegations.

The Counsel to the Comptroller General of Customs, Mr. Amobi Nzelu, alleged that the Elder Asu Beks had, on a breakfast show, Today on STV, broadcast on August 22, 2012, accused Dikko of financing the dreaded Boko Haram sect.

But in a swift reaction to the suit, Elder Asu Beks denied the allegations made by the defendant at another edition of the programme that was aired on Friday, February 15, 2013.

The Plaintiff claimed that the dispute arose after Abdullahi openly and vehemently reprimanded him (Asu Beks) for condemning the activities of Boko Haram in a communiqué issued at the end of an Ijaw Nation Forum meeting on January 7, 2012.

In the communiqué published as an advertorial on page 9 of the January 15, 2012 edition of The Sun Newspaper, the Ijaw Nation Forum, to which Asu Beks belongs, out rightly condemned the dreaded Boko Haram sect and called on the group to desist from further attacks on southerners living in the northern part of Nigeria.

This must have angered the Customs boss who reacted angrily towards Asu Beks when the latter paid him a visit on January 25, 2012 at the Customs Headquarters in Abuja.

According to Asu Beks, he was surprised when Dikko, who had always received him with open arms said, “You, Asu Beks, I thought you were my friend I never knew you are anti-north. How can you come out so openly to condemn Boko Haram on the pages of a newspaper? Well, the Sultan of Sokoto has seen this too, and has directed that I should not have anything to do with you…”
https://www.nairaland.com/1217909/alleged-sponsorship-boko-haram-dikko
http://247ureports.com/alleged-sponsorship-of-boko-haram-dikko-customs-boss-drags-asu-beks-to-court/
my point is, why would the sultan call for amnesty for the boko haram when he is against thoase condeming their activies. Or am I missing something here?
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
I think people always forget that certain people in the sect maybe seeking a way our but find themselves trapped in that one wrong judgement to associate. Which ever way they go its a life and death thing.Amnesty may allow people run out and even seek protection readily.Reducing there ranks is a step to isolating hardliners and reforming a people that could be useful.
Also i feel an amnesty is enough.it shouldnt be financial.just orientation would do.i can tell you that this would even get families to expose members.it could be hard to hand over a family member when you are sure he faces certain death.if a window exist to get a second chance .the lower less indoctrinated members could be broken.Also more families would join to help there children out of the trouble they find themselves.right now nothing of such exist.is kill or be killed. You have to know that this has worked in alot of places.from our simple cultism in schools and renouncing programs to African conflicts. Its not easy for victims but forgiveness and reformation is preferable to a prolonged and uncertain end to a crisis.As victims continue to swell.God help us.Amnesty is known for managing crisis even worst than insurgency.it will not be bad exploiting it.
Also i am against monetary options.i dont support why a law violator should be rewarded.Amnesty is good enough sacrifice.forgiving you certain crimes is enough. Go home do no evil and show us you can be a good Nigerian like any other law abiding citizen.
Re: Analysis Of The Amnesty Call By Sultan Of Sokoto For Boko Haram by 1800bc(f): 11:50am On Mar 08, 2013
saintneo: Ali Baba and the forty thieves.

and your point?

Do You Really Think Arunma Oteh Should Be Sacked? / New Political Group, APCN, Emerges / Is Goodluck Jonathan Weak, Dull Or Both?