Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Your Experience With Female Bosses - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Your Experience With Female Bosses (17276 Views)

Lady Who Slept With Her Bosses For Promotion Cries Out / Hilarious Relationship Between Workers And Their Bosses(pic) / Our Male Bosses Punish Us For Refusing Their Sexual Advances: Policewomen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by coputa(m): 6:31am On May 17, 2013
The fear of a woman boss is the beggining of wisdom..a woman boss is mean,proud and self serving,.they only like those who eulogise them...they often turn their position to a small empire where office work is extended to their homes...,the high point is that at the home front ,the man is at the receiving end....WOO MAN...
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by amunekeuto: 7:19am On May 17, 2013
gboss4sure:

bad nigga
my female boss was initially hostile. i slept with her hoping to win her over. she is now excessively jealous and critical of me.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 7:53am On May 17, 2013
rokiatu:
this boy is handsome o,his smile is cheesy :p 8-)

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 8:00am On May 17, 2013
obstead200:
You have said it all.
Female bosses are not really wicked. It is just their inability to separate their emotions from the Job that makes It very difficult For them to be fair in administration
i am a female administrator in my own place of work and that is not true.the thing is that if you are a female boss the men tend to look down on you or try to take you for granted to see what you can do,so when you punish one for flouting your instructions,they tag you mean and arrogant.the truth is that many men dont like the idea of a female giving them instructions or telling them no,it hits their ego real hard.however if anybody man or woman has to work with me,you have to put ego,indiscipline,rudeness,gossip and lawlessness outside the gate before you come to the office if we are to have a good working relationship

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by kemoolala: 9:10am On May 17, 2013
rokiatu: Anything female in charge is a disaster.

They can be so mean, jealous, back stabbing, envious esp to their fellow women.

Exactly my experience right now, the one i am working wit right now has all the qualities u just mentioned. If u want to see her ugliest side just let her open her eyes wey be like "eye owiwi". She is nothing but a devil in human clothing.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by mapet: 9:15am On May 17, 2013
@ Okija_Juju,

The day I saw Diezani-Allison's PA carry her hand bag for her @ NOG last year, I thought to myself "this guy is fvckd"
Okija juju: I cant work under a female boss. Not because I'ma chuvanist, but simply because women in power turn me on. Diezani-Allison is one of such women. There is just something about boss women that I love.

Should I ever have a female boss, all I would be thinking about is ploughing her. Nothing else.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by mapet: 9:19am On May 17, 2013
Hope you're not talking about my office
PrettySpicey: Though a woman and strongly believe in GirlPower. But my experiences with female bosses have been real terrible.
Last one was the Head PA, heading us junior PAs and Secretaries. This woman ruled that office like she was ruling her home. It was be in her good books or suffer in that office. I had my Confirmation as a staff postponed by over six months because of this lady. And you can't go behind to any of the Top Bosses and make a head way. It was that terrible.

Also had another experience with a 'frustrated' married female boss in 2008 who was also No1 gf of the Company Director. Every other female employee, especially us single ladies then, were a threat to her 'glorified' position and she made us suffer for it.

But I've also known ladies who are secure in their positions and truly God-fearing. Women who are truly hardworking and focused, with them as your boss you could build a good career. Unfortunately, they are so rare.

Ladies, we got to chill and really be the BOSS without bias and insecurity. Just LEAD, following God's guidance.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by clintwine(m): 9:28am On May 17, 2013
kulyie: i am a female administrator in my own place of work and that is not true.the thing is that if you are a female boss the men tend to look down on you or try to take you for granted to see what you can do,so when you punish one for flouting your instructions,they tag you mean and arrogant.the truth is that many men dont like the idea of a female giving them instructions or telling them no,it hits their ego real hard.however if anybody man or woman has to work with me,you have to put ego,indiscipline,rudeness,gossip and lawlessness outside the gate before you come to the office if we are to have a good working relationship

I think you are totally wrong here as females are also complaining
Your assumption will tend to point to the fact that the female boss has a perception of her male staff and even when these are not reality, they act it out hence causing more harm than good.

I did work under a female boss, the woman was fantastic, if you had an issue, she will come to your aid, when male colleagues had family issues, she stepped in to help financially and with contacts that could solve problems, when some got married, she printed on gifts and distributed during the marriage. I still remember her asking me when I will bring my car loan for her to sign.

since we were IT guys,we had just 3 females in the dept, one was ok, the other was a biatch, wouldn't want her to be my boss

And to be honest with you, if she had an issue even after she had left the dept, a lot of us would come to her aid
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by ddeola: 9:42am On May 17, 2013
Man,I feel your pain because I have worked with 4 female bosses back home and right now,I work in an organization owned and run by a woman, with another woman as my superior boss plus one stupid racist woman as another indirect boss closer to the oga at d top. What I can just tell you now is to be on top of your job or tasks as the case maybe, don't expect your boss to always acknowledge your good results and find a way of correcting your mistakes because she will always take you on that. Also, no matter what try and motivate yourself all the time and don't get involved in all their politics, don't speak too much and let them know you are never ready for any side talks and gossips. You will always stand out. I feel I don't need to tell you some funny stuff female bosses do but I can confidently tell you,your boss will always respect you as a reliable and focussed subordinate even if she doesn't act that way or show it. Just do your thing and manage her excesses,a woman will always be a woman.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by mapet: 10:21am On May 17, 2013
I started out working under a female boss. Well the insecurity was always there. She was supposed to train me, she did, but held something back for her aces. Mostly had to tactfully extract somethings from her, but she was not the nagging type.......my girlfriend (now wife) didn't like her initially. Felt there was something wrong with her..but she wasn't the nagging, wicked type.I guess just insecure. 13years later, I've moved across 3 departments, she's still rooted on a spot.

90% of the female bosses in my company have been and still devil's incarnate. There is this young female boss in our office, OMG.......she's so skilled in everything other than the job. She is so wicked, none of her subordinates has gotten promotion in an average of 4-5years. I told a collegue that they day she's either transfered to my department or me to hers, I will start writing my resignation letter.

Female bosses who "waxed" their way to the top are hardly an good. Some are damn lazy, clueless and annoying. A female GM, tactically "escaped" from the scene at the Performace Review Meeting, when she saw the "heat".....But there are some who are pretty nice. There's this lovely female Boss who is a "Jayejaye lady". Her subordinates are just enjoying. She's hard working, loves life and fun. I recall when she rated one of her staff 4.3 on a scale of 5 and recommended him for promotion. HR rejected the appraisal as being overtly generous. Guess what! She rejected HR's position, sent it back and told HR that she's done a professional assessment of the staff and stands by it. HR had no option but to promote the guy.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by mapet: 10:32am On May 17, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This is a case of "waxing" gone wrong. To me you're trapped o! You may have to continue "waxing" that "arse" and I'm scared for your girl.........
amuneke-uto:
my female boss was initially hostile. i slept with her hoping to win her over. she is now excessively jealous and critical of me.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by biolabee(m): 11:11am On May 17, 2013
had a superb female boss for 3 years
she let me do my thing..no issues
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 11:59am On May 17, 2013
clintwine:

I think you are totally wrong here as females are also complaining
Your assumption will tend to point to the fact that the female boss has a perception of her male staff and even when these are not reality, they act it out hence causing more harm than good.

I did work under a female boss, the woman was fantastic, if you had an issue, she will come to your aid, when male colleagues had family issues, she stepped in to help financially and with contacts that could solve problems, when some got married, she printed on gifts and distributed during the marriage. I still remember her asking me when I will bring my car loan for her to sign.

since we were IT guys,we had just 3 females in the dept, one was ok, the other was a biatch, wouldn't want her to be my boss

And to be honest with you, if she had an issue even after she had left the dept, a lot of us would come to her aid
well i am not disputing that fact,she has to be nice at the same time firm so that her other surbodinate staffs cannot take advantage of her niceness and you know an oga always has another oga watching how you are taking control of your domain,whether you are ensuring order and efficiency or you are indulging your staffs to behave any how.the thing is that if i as a leader in my own area is not firm and live by example,instead of people comming to work at 9am,you will see them strolling to work with an unserious aura, walking in like they are larger than life.recently i gave one query for always comming late to work and when he comes,instead of getting straight to work,he will watch movies on the office laptop.he didn't know i was watching his movement/actions from the t.v upstairs.i was thinking if he does that once or twice,he will stop it.one of his colleagues tried to encourage him to come earlier and he said shebi its one small girl that is our oga,shey because she quick finish school.i pretended as if i didnt know what transpired between them and i wanted him to know i was watching him and so when i got to the office,i asked the secretary whether mr abc has come to the office,she said no,i said type a letter of query,cc my oga,bring a copy to my office and give him his copy when he comes and so when he came he asked me his offence and then i told him to sit down,i showed him all his actions on the system and i told him i give him just one last chance.if anyone just reports to me that he did this or he comes 5 minutes late,he will enter the labour market and if he thinks i am making an empty threat,he can try me.since then every unserious person sat up.that is just ensuring everyone maintains order because i also have an oga that i will account to after my stay in office.

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by biolabee(m): 12:05pm On May 17, 2013
kulyie: well i am not disputing that fact,she has to be nice at the same time firm so that her other surbodinate staffs cannot take advantage of her niceness and you know an oga always has another oga watching how you are taking control of your domain,whether you are ensuring order and efficiency or you are indulging your staffs to behave any how.the thing is that if i as a leader in my own area is not firm and live by example,instead of people comming to work at 9am,you will see them strolling to work with an unserious aura working in.recently i gave one query for always comming late to work and when he comes,instead of getting straight to work,he will watch movies on the office laptop.he didn't know i was watching his movement/actions from the t.v upstairs.i was thinking if he does that once or twice,he will stop it.one of his colleagues tried to encourage him to come earlier and he said shebi its one small girl that is our oga,shey because she quick finish school.i pretended as if i didnt know what transpired between them and i wanted him to know i was watching him and so when i got to the office,i asked the secretary whether mr abc has come to the office,she said no,i said type a letter of query,cc my oga,bring a copy to my office and give him his copy when he comes and so when he came he asked me his offence and then i told him to sit down,i showed him all his actions on the system and i told him i give him just one last chance.if anyone just reports to me that he did this or he comes 5 minutes late,he will enter the labour market.that is just ensuring everyone maintains orde because i also have an oga that i will account to after my stay in office.

I like this.. office is not for lack of punctuality and watching movies
The guy no fear sef

carry go..

but madam kuly... try dey use space and paragraf tongue.. abeg naa
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 17, 2013
biolabee:

I like this.. office is not for lack of punctuality and watching movies
The guy no fear sef

carry go..

but madam kuly... try dey use space and paragraf tongue.. abeg naa
lmao cheesy no vex na my beautician fault 8-) na when i dey do pedicure she go fix long nails for me and the thing dey affect my typing.lol cheesy
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by biolabee(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2013
kulyie: lmao cheesy no vex na my beautician fault 8-) na when i dey do pedicure she go fix long nails for me and the thing dey affect my typing.lol cheesy

then ko si wahala then... enjoy ur money and type as u fit
at least its legible cheesy

1 Like

Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Daresh(f): 3:56pm On May 17, 2013
I have had 2 female bosses and both were cool. I'm still cool and friends with the first even though I left since 2006.
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 17, 2013
biolabee:

then ko si wahala then... enjoy ur money and type as u fit
at least its legible cheesy
ose jare. cheesy mioni wa e ti,woni fi elomi se e :*
Re: Your Experience With Female Bosses by Okijajuju: 8:49am On May 20, 2013
mapet: @ Okija_Juju,

The day I saw Diezani-Allison's PA carry her hand bag for her @ NOG last year, I thought to myself "this guy is fvckd"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? / How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / The #nairalife Of A Banker Tempted By Her Family Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.