Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam (2151 Views)

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer / Lightning Strikes As Pope Benedict Resigns / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by ajasbaba(m): 10:05am On Mar 07, 2013
Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts to Islam

HOLY SEE – In a shocking press conference Sunday, Pope Benedict XVI revealed to the world that he will be stepping down from the Catholic Church’s highest office. “Through prayer and reflection over the past years,” the world’s holiest man began, “I’ve realized that Allah is the one true God.”
Amid clattering camera shutters and roaring reporters, Pope Benedict patiently answered questions, citing traditional Muslim folklore as well as passages from the Qur’an to explain his decision. His session was interrupted only once, when he swiveled South-East to face Mecca, stooped to the ground, and recited the Asr, one of the five daily prayers central to Muslim belief.
The startling reversal comes as a shock to many familiar with the Pope’s policies on Islam. “Show me just what Muhammad brought that was new and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached,” the Bishop of the Vatican famously said of Islam in his 2006 lecture Faith, Reason and the University—Memories and Reflections.
When asked about the quote, Pope Benedict sighed with good-humored remorse and chuckled quietly to himself: “Yeah I’ve regretted that for some time. But I was young and naïve… I see things much clearer now. Besides, I’ve always kinda liked the thought of having a sword. The Cardinals were a real pain on that one.”
When asked whether he would be reverting to his born name, Pope Benedict enthusiastically interjected. “I’ve decided to change my name to Sajjad Sayyid Ratzinger,” His Ex-Holiness explained. “I’m keeping my surname purely for logistical reasons, so my Facebook friends and Twitter followers won’t be confused.”
His transition hasn’t been without opposition. Hours after the press conference, a special Fox and Friends segment aired on FOXNEWS, featuring a picture of the Pope photoshopped to include stereotypical Islāmic features, including: a turban in place of his mitre, darkened complexion, black hair, and Arabic letters spelling out an endorsement of Barack Hussein Obama tattooed across his chest. Beneath the picture, the panel discussed the possible involvement of Pope Benedict XVI, 85, in 9/11. The segment’s title, “The Holy Heathen,” emblazoned the lower left corner of the screen.
This morning, newspapers nationwide featured an editorial by Bill O’Reilly detailing the parallels between the Pope’s “betrayal of God-loving Christians everywhere” with the “betrayal of the American people and the Constitution by Benedict Arnold, his liberal agenda, and his radical left-wing entourage.”
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by lecturerdabo(m): 10:22am On Mar 07, 2013
observation mode activated!
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by Dreal1247: 10:28am On Mar 07, 2013
Sorry 2 say, i perceive confusion. The man needs prayers. Sign of the end time. All things ar possible.
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by ooman(m): 10:30am On Mar 07, 2013
its a lie, the story was never confirmed. Its the muslims lying to propagate their terrorism
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by TableLeg(m): 10:32am On Mar 07, 2013
ooman: its a lie, the story was never confirmed. Its the muslims lying to propagate their terrorism
What has terrorism got to do with the post now?
Even if the story was a lie or was unconfirmed, did it say anything about terrorism?
You fu....cking idio..ts just love to stir up unnecessary aggro and religious hatred or fights ...
Go and find something to do with your life, you flipping nuisance!
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by ooman(m): 10:36am On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

Even if the story was a lie or was unconfirmed, did it say anything about terrorism?
You fu....cking idio..ts just love to stir up unnecessary aggro and religious hatred or fights ...

why dont you commit suicide if my post disturb and disrupt your life tongue.

MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS, THAT IS A FACT
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by TableLeg(m): 10:52am On Mar 07, 2013
ooman:

why dont you commit suicide if my post disturb and disrupt your life tongue.

MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS, THAT IS A FACT
Bastard.... I hope you get blown up into smithereens by a home made bomb!
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by ooman(m): 10:54am On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

Bastard.... I hope you get blown up into smithereens by a home made bomb!

you will be blown first! tongue
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by Geewan(m): 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2013
Table Leg :

You are only wasting your time talking to that atheist.
His middle name is controversy. I wonder why the high blood pressure about religion for someone who doesn't believe in God.
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by ooman(m): 12:36pm On Mar 07, 2013
Geewan:

You are only wasting your time talking to that atheist.
His middle name is controversy. I wonder why the high blood pressure about religion for someone who doesn't believe in God.

are you a terrorist too Geewan?
Re: Dead Seriousness News: Pope Benedict XVI Resigns Papacy, Converts To Islam by JeSoul(f): 4:43pm On Mar 07, 2013

(1)

Atheistic Contradiction / Have You Decided Where To Spend Your Eternity? Only Two Destinations Available / Whose Fault Is It If I Go To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.