Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,910 members, 7,952,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:45 PM

Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain (9288 Views)

African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / We Pay Between 300 - 500 Naira To Enter Nigeria – Illegal Immigrants (Pictured) / Obama Tells Illegal Immigrants To Come Out Of The Shadows and offers them a deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by claremont(m): 5:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
I don't see any problem law-abiding immigrants will have with this proposed policy, the only people who might have a problem with it are those with skeletons in their cupboard. It's not as if the government is asking immigrants to pay a fee, it's more like a collateral which will be refunded back as long as the immigrant obeys the terms of his/her visa.

It is a sensible and well-thought out policy in my opinion.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Krucifax(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
The U.K govt under Tory leadership is naturally now a “right” leaning govt. Since 2011 they have enacted Conservative Nationalist policies! It’s not only Immigrants that are suffering under David Cameron & Co even indigenous brits are suffering.

They have cut welfare(benefits) by £10billion
They have made thousands in the public sector unemployed (which dominos unto private sector)
They are promoting a withdrawal from ECHR (Human Rights EU version)
They are slashing Police stations, Fire Stations, Hospitals, Legal Aid, Employment Rights etc.
Some of the policies make economical sense but the approach has been draconian and too hard line.

My prediction is that the U.K is heading for the rocks and it’s inevitable. The U.K’s credit rating has been downgraded this year. The Pound has lost ground on foreign exchange and 100,000s of public sector cuts are still on the way. Added to this by next year thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians will be coming to the U.K to work and live legally, making the size of cake much smaller still!
Having said all the above though as much as i love Naija it is still many many times better than Nigeria. It’s the small things that you don’t notice that make the U.K great.

Employment (It’s harder these days with far fewer jobs and the money isn’t great and many people are not doing the jobs they schooled for but there is work!!! Nigeria’s employment and pay (when they pay) is a disgrace)

Free health service!!!(In the U.S without Insurance you are OYO . You even get charged if you are carried in an ambulance.As for Naija if the fake medicine and failed hospital generator don't kill you the medical negligence just might)

Security. (There is crime but no industrial scale kidnapping, tribal skirmishes, religious killings, boko haram, OPC, Bakassi Boys. You can go to most places at any time without fear!)

Political Stability. (No Buhari threatening blood shed,no northern leaders sponsoring terrorism)

Fantastic infrastructure. (In which century do you think Naija will have an underground tube system?)

24/7 Power. ( No comment on this one!I tire!)

Effective Judicial system. ( Recently Chris Huhne a “govt minister” resigned for lying about speeding and will be sentenced soon. In naija politicians steal millions of dollars and are “sometimes” harassed by EFCC for a few weeks before going back to their office for more looting)
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by boyt1: 8:02pm On Mar 08, 2013
My Old UK, oh!.Living on past glory. Glory days, well they'll pass by.
Many political leaders from developing countries are determined to stop transfering illicit money to UK.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by ony073: 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
Dis Uk people self, Na foreign student dey contribute wella for dere country yet na so so rules everyday. Am hoping dt am gonna do my msc dere someday bt with all dis rules dey are implementing nw,I guess I need to look 4 beta option elsewhere. embarassed
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by justwise(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
boy t: My Old UK, oh!.Living on past glory. Glory days, well they'll pass by.
Many political leaders from developing countries are determined to stop transfering illicit money to UK.

Because its not a safe heaven for them anymore?
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by Dibiachukwu: 9:01pm On Mar 08, 2013
Abeg make they deport all our boys for us, so that we can follow suit and rid africa of pink disease.
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by TriggerHappy: 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Datz their country n they can do woteva they phucking want. cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by babaskool(m): 9:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
did ur father tell u we work in d same place...alan sugar started his career with 50 pounds of his savings and i am carefully going after his steps as i have made up my mind i would never return to nigeria until i become a millionaire in pounds in the uk, so ur problem is not my problem
wonlasewonimi:

Which of the nhs toilets are you working?
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by turl(m): 11:30pm On Mar 08, 2013
Krucifax: The U.K govt under Tory leadership is naturally now a “right” leaning govt. Since 2011 they have enacted Conservative Nationalist policies! It’s not only Immigrants that are suffering under David Cameron & Co even indigenous brits are suffering.

They have cut welfare(benefits) by £10billion
They have made thousands in the public sector unemployed (which dominos unto private sector)
They are promoting a withdrawal from ECHR (Human Rights EU version)
They are slashing Police stations, Fire Stations, Hospitals, Legal Aid, Employment Rights etc.
Some of the policies make economical sense but the approach has been draconian and too hard line.

My prediction is that the U.K is heading for the rocks and it’s inevitable. The U.K’s credit rating has been downgraded this year. The Pound has lost ground on foreign exchange and 100,000s of public sector cuts are still on the way. Added to this by next year thousands of Romanians and Bulgarians will be coming to the U.K to work and live legally, making the size of cake much smaller still!
Having said all the above though as much as i love Naija it is still many many times better than Nigeria. It’s the small things that you don’t notice that make the U.K great.

Employment (It’s harder these days with far fewer jobs and the money isn’t great and many people are not doing the jobs they schooled for but there is work!!! Nigeria’s employment and pay (when they pay) is a disgrace)

Free health service!!!(In the U.S without Insurance you are OYO . You even get charged if you are carried in an ambulance.As for Naija if the fake medicine and failed hospital generator don't kill you the medical negligence just might)

Security. (There is crime but no industrial scale kidnapping, tribal skirmishes, religious killings, boko haram, OPC, Bakassi Boys. You can go to most places at any time without fear!)

Political Stability. (No Buhari threatening blood shed,no northern leaders sponsoring terrorism)

Fantastic infrastructure. (In which century do you think Naija will have an underground tube system?)

24/7 Power. ( No comment on this one!I tire!)

Effective Judicial system. ( Recently Chris Huhne a “govt minister” resigned for lying about speeding and will be sentenced soon. In naija politicians steal millions of dollars and are “sometimes” harassed by EFCC for a few weeks before going back to their office for more looting)

couldn't have said it better myself
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by adewaleafolabi(m): 6:09am On Mar 09, 2013
Unknown Member: Gate fee to enter the U.K?!

Why would I pay to enter that piece of shiit country?!
Anyways, na people wey to go Jand dey hungry go suffer am. All I do is go for a vacation, visits and return home to AREA!!

U.S & Canada I can understand, but not the U.K or any E.U country..

#Waiter, Give me 1 crate of Udeme with point & kill.. Then Keep 10litres of Palmmy with Ugba and Opkoroko, incase this match enter extra-time.. grin

Your head is there jare +40 likes
Re: Immigrants To Pay Fee To Enter Britain by nomanicole(f): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2013
bornosheikh: No worries - Nigerians will sill rush dat place for teriary education, Nigerians will still rush that place to work in Primark, Nigerian will still rush that place to work in toilet in club (ask shymmex na? tongue tongue tongue )
really sad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

As Nigerians Begin To Use The Ecowas Passport July 25 / / Passport Retention By Uk Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.