Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,210 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Words Of Famous Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Words Of Famous Christians (789 Views)

Some Famous Christians Of All Times / Words Of Wisdom From Lucifer / Last Words Of Famous People -- Anton LeVey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Words Of Famous Christians by staggerman(m): 2:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
Asa Alonzo Allen
“The Miracle Man”

Night after night, the waves of Divine Glory so sweep over the congregation that many testify of being healed while sitting in their seats.

William Branham

“A Man of Notable Signs and Wonders”

God didn’t put His endorsement upon one particular church, but He revealed that the pure in heart would see God . . . Let the fellow believe whatever he wants to about it. These things don’t amount to very much anyhow. Be brothers, have fellowship with one another.

William Booth

The chief danger of the 20th century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and Heaven without Hell.

John Calvin
When I consider that I am not in my own power, I offer my heart a slain victim for a sacrifice to the Lord. . . . I yield my soul chained and bound unto obedience to God.

Jack Coe
God’s going to open the eyes of the blind and cause the lame to walk, and the deaf to hear. He’s going to do it right here in this church tomorrow night

John Alexander Dowie
My tears were wiped away, my heart was strong, I saw the way of healing…I said, “God help me now to preach the Word to all the dying around, and tell them how ‘tis Satan still defiles, and Jesus still delivers, for He is just the same today.”

David du Plessis
“Lord, they’re enemies.”
Then love them.
“How can I love people that I don’t agree with?”
Forgive them.
“I can’t justify them.”
I never gave any child of mine authority to justify anyone. I gave you full authority to forgive them. That’s all you have.

George Fox
The church is the pillar and ground of the truth, made up of living stones and lively members; a spiritual household of which Christ is the head. But He is not the head of a mixed multitude, or of an old house composed of lime, stones, and wood.

John Hus
Therefore, faithful Christian, seek the truth, hear the truth, learn the truth, love the truth, speak the truth, adhere to the truth, defend the truth to death; for truth will make you free from sin, the devil, the death of the soul, and finally from eternal death.

John Knox
I will be of no other Church but that which has Jesus Christ for pastor, hears His voice, and will not hear the voice of a stranger.

Kathryn Kuhlman

The world called me a fool for having given my entire life to One whom I’ve never seen. I know exactly what I’m going to say when I stand in His presence. When I look upon that wonderful face of Jesus, I’ll have just one thing to say: ‘I tried.’ I gave of myself the best I knew how. My redemption will have been perfected when I stand and see Him who made it all possible.

John G. Lake
No words of mine can convey to another soul the cry that was in my heart and the flame of hatred for death and sickness that the Spirit of God had stirred within me. The very wrath of God seemed to possess my soul!

More to come soon. . .

1 Like

Re: Words Of Famous Christians by staggerman(m): 3:08pm On Mar 07, 2013
Martin Luther
“The Battle-Ax of the Reformation”

Unless I can be instructed and convinced with evidence from the Holy Scriptures or with open, clear, and distinct grounds of reasoning . . . then I cannot and will not recant, because it is neither safe nor wise to act against conscience.

Aimee Semple McPherson
Show me a better way to persuade willing people to come to church and I’ll be happy to try your method. But please . . . don’t ask me to preach to empty seats. Let’s not waste our time quarreling over methods. God has use for all of us. Remember the recipe in the old adage for rabbit stew? It began, “first catch your rabbit.”

Charles Parham
I returned fully convinced that while many had obtained real experience in sanctification and the anointing that abideth, there still remained a great outpouring of power for the Christians who were to close this age

Evan Roberts
In Luke it does not say, “preach and faint not,” but “pray and faint not.” It is not difficult to preach. But while you pray, you are alone in some solitary place, fighting in a prayer-battle against the powers of darkness. And you will know the secret of victory.

William J.Seymour
When people run out of the love of God, they get to preaching dress, and meats, and doctrines of men and preaching against churches. All these denominations are our brethren... So let us seek peace and not confusion... The moment we feel we have all the truth or more than anyone else, we will drop.

William Ashley “Billy” Sunday
"Faith is a warrior invading the enemy's country and burning every bridge behind, for it expects to live there. Faith makes no provision for relapse. Faith is going to the goal for a touchdown. Faith will put the ball over the fence in the last half of the ninth inning, score 3 to 0 against you, bases full, two men out and two strikes and three balls called on you."

Charles H. Spurgeon
“I would go into the deeps a hundred times to cheer a downcast spirit. It is good for me to have been afflicted, that I might know how to speak a word in season to one that is weary.”

Smith Wigglesworth
I saw that God wants us so badly that He has made the condition as simple as He possibly could—“Only Believe.”

Maria Woodworth-Etter
I have been in great dangers; many times not knowing when I would be shot down, either in the pulpit, or going to and from meetings…But I said I would never run, nor compromise. The Lord would always put His mighty power on me, so that He took all fear away, and made me like a giant…If in any way they had tried to shoot, or kill me, He would have struck them dead, and I sometimes told them so.¹

more to come. . .
Re: Words Of Famous Christians by staggerman(m): 3:20pm On Mar 07, 2013
John Wycliffe
Forasmuch as the Bible contains Christ, that is all that is necessary for salvation; it is necessary for all men, not for priests alone. It alone is the supreme law that is to rule church, state, and Christian life, without human traditions and statutes.

John Wesley
I look upon all the world as my parish; thus far I mean, that, in whatever part of it I am, I judge it meet, right, and my bounden duty to declare unto all that are willing to hear, the glad tidings of salvation.

George Whitefield

God forbid that I should travel with anybody a quarter of an hour without speaking of Christ to them.

Jonathan Edwards
The sense I had of divine things, would often of a sudden kindle up, as it were, a sweet burning in my heart, an ardor of soul, that I know not how to express.

Francis Asbury
We should so work as if we were to be saved by our works; and so rely on Jesus Christ, as if we did no works.

James McGready
Come Holy Spirit, heavenly dove,
With all thy quick’ning powers,
Kindle a flame of sacred love
In these cold hearts of ours.

Peter Cartwright
Love every body and fear no man.

Charles Finney

Christian people, are you figuring round and round to get a little property, yet neglecting souls? Beware lest you ruin souls that can never live again!

Dwight Moody
The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in and by the man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him. . . . I will try my utmost to be that man.

Billy Graham
My one purpose in life is to help people find a personal relationship with God, which, I believe, comes through knowing Christ.

(1) (Reply)

A History Of God / Almost Every Week, Some New Atheist Appears On The Religion Section! / Atheist Comedy - Jesus And The Dinosaurs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.