Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected (107787 Views)

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / How To Grow Our Hair Longer And Healthier / How Do I Make My Hair Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:36pm On Mar 31, 2013
Happy easter to everyone. May we have reasons to celebrate through out our life IJN! Amen.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:40pm On Mar 31, 2013
sauer: thread corrupted grin. Mods not wise. You don't put threads like this on the frontpage.
Okay, now you can hide my post undecided
I never knew my thread was on frontpage, which was good. But considering some comment, I felt it wasnt a good idea too.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
kemoolala: @Ifeholuwarh! i like ur thread! pls can u recommend a particular relaxer for me? my front hair is my prob and i av learnt some of ur tips to grow it but now i need a kind of relaxer to stick to as i dont av a particular one before.
Basically, when it comes to choosing hair care products, its best to choose the one that works for your hair type. Do not compare your hair with your friends hair because theirs look healthy and so you use their hair care products. It might not achieve what you wanted because our hair are so wide in varieties ranging from thick coarse hair to very soft baby curls, so be careful. Since you have a very fragile front hair, start your experiment with children (mild) relaxer and then gradually move up to the adult type till u find one that suits ur hair type. Remember to tell your stylist to properly oil your scalp before applying the relaxer. And use a neutralizing shampoo when washing it off. Happy easter.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:57pm On Mar 31, 2013
kemoolala: @Ifeholuwarh! i like ur thread! pls can u recommend a particular relaxer for me? my front hair is my prob and i av learnt some of ur tips to grow it but now i need a kind of relaxer to stick to as i dont av a particular one before.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 1:48pm On Mar 31, 2013
joek: Pls my baby girl who is about clocking 3 yrs has very short hair thereby making it impossible for her to plait it. What can I do?

"using the right baby hair care to make your baby hair grow is the key to setting up the building blocks for achieving long, beautiful, healthy hair for baby".

To help your baby hair grow, take care of the scalp and when it is time for her hair to grow, healthy hair will appear.

* Wash her hair once per week. Use a gentle shampoo for babies. Dont use adult shampoo with harsh ingredients.

* Condition her hair and scalp everyday or atleast three times per week with mild conditioner meant for kids. Wet her hair in the bathtub, place a small amount of conditioner in your palm and spread it through her hair. Use baby comb to comb it through her hair. Let the condition sit on her hair and scalp while she plays in the bathtub. Wash out the conditioner when you are ready to take her out of the bathtub.

* Dry her hair naturally. Do not use blow dryers or heat of any kind on baby's hair. Remove exess water with a towel.

* Oil her scalp with light oil. Choose light oil like olive oil, carrot seed oil, or shea butter oil. Never put heavy oil such as vaseline, mineral oil, or hair pomades on her delicate scalp. Massage the oil onto her scalp with the tips of your finger. Massage gently in a circular motion from the back to the front.

* Comb her hair and leave it free. Do not try to squeeze it into caps or barrettes if it does not fit. Wait till her hair grow long enough before braiding it. Be realistic about what style of hair it can do and dont try to force it to do what you want it to do. The local style of weaving hair "adimole" is adviceable.

* Switch sleeping positions. Place her to sleep in different positions to alleviate stress on any one side.

* Minimize breakage. Do not use rubber bands on her hair opt for clothed bands instead. Always comb her hair carefully when it is wet to minimize breakage and pain. Happy easter.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2013
Damseluc: Then seal your hair with oil-based moisturizer like jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil and pomegranate seed

where can I get these and is the olive oil same as serum used on Brazilian weavon or that use for praying.
Jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil are sold in both supermarket and stores, most especially those in malls. pomegranate seed oil- I have not seen the pure type, just seen some few products containing it. I am not into brazilian hair or "natural hair" so I dont know the serum you are talking about. And yes, olive oil is the same as the one used for praying. We have several types of olive oil but virgin olive oil, the one used for praying, is really good. Happy easter.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 2:07pm On Mar 31, 2013
meenagiggs: Poster, how do I get the products you mentioned?
Do you do door-door delivery?
No I dont do door-door delivery. You can get the product in any hair care and beauty stores.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 2:44pm On Mar 31, 2013
Nimi22: Please op my hair is short, brown scanty and weak. Every time i comb it nearly half of it comes out. I use organic olive oil range but they are not helping things. I'm so frustrated that i cant even braid any type of hair. The only thing i do is fix weavons. Please help me.
I have given tips on how to maintain a weak hair in my previous post. The major cause of weak hair could be due to the application of harsh chemicals, relaxer inclusive. The main step of maintaining your hair is condition, condition, condition. Condition your hair daily, apply leave-in conditioner, and seal it with oil-base conditioner, you can use pink oil. Also deep condition and apply protein treatment atleast once in a month. Comb with a wide tooth comb gently and never comb your hair when it is wet. It is a fact that black hair is very vulnerable while its wet. The hair itself gets broken down by water thus making your hair strands weaker. When your dries the molecules change and become strong again.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2013
funmydodo: My hair is all long, dark, shinyand vr full, well ,at least datz wat pple tell me at d salon, bt itz really weak, and d 'foot' of d hair(if there's smthng like dat is so short compared to d middle part. I've tried d trimming bt I don't think it works for me. My hair wud av been near-perfect bt d length is totally unequal. Help!!!!
It looks like u sleep without covering your hair with satin/silk scarf or cap. Wrap your hair up, this stops a ton of breakage. This is because you toss and turn so much when you are sleeping and ordinary pillow have rough material at a close level. This can yank and grab your hair and break it very easily overnight making it grow unevenly.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 4:21pm On Mar 31, 2013
funmydodo: My hair is all long, dark, shinyand vr full, well ,at least datz wat pple tell me at d salon, bt itz really weak, and d 'foot' of d hair(if there's smthng like dat is so short compared to d middle part. I've tried d trimming bt I don't think it works for me. My hair wud av been near-perfect bt d length is totally unequal. Help!!!!
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by preetyjay(f): 10:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
wow! @ ife gud job
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Chinwem(f): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2013
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by preetyjay(f): 9:56am On Apr 01, 2013
hy ife. i have been followin ds thread i must say i luv wat ur doin.
i used to have a very long and beautiful hair buh d hair is no more cus i changed relaxer. Now my problem is dat my hair is very short, its breakin so much and i also have dandruff dat makes me to scratch my hair alws infact all d tym and it itch so much. i use soulmate for d dandruff as well as sesame oil and olive oil buh i've not seen any improvement cus as am typing ds am scratching my hair almost every 5sec. i also use vinoz shampoo and conditioner.
ife wen u said condition daily, do u mean washin d hair with conditioner daily and can i use pink oil as a conditioner plus how often is d hair supposed to be washed cus i wash my hair every 2 wks. thanks. i await ur response.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by preetyjay(f): 10:33am On Apr 01, 2013
[quote author=kos'sko]Plz what kind of olive oil are u referring to, and is it possible to mix the olive oil together shea butter and honey and be applying to hair as hair cream on daily basis?[/quote

exactly wat i wanted to ask.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2013
xtr0v3rt: @op is it possible i get ur mail or pin for my galfrnd...so she cud contact u and if u av any product available dat can help her hair growth. Frank_money101@yahoo.com
I dont sell hair product, am sorry.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 8:40pm On Apr 01, 2013
kos'sko:
Plz what kind of olive oil are u referring to, and is it possible to mix the olive oil together shea butter and honey and be applying to hair as hair cream on daily basis?
Virgin olive oil. No specific brand anyway.
Yes. U can.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 8:45pm On Apr 01, 2013
kos'sko:
Plz what kind of olive oil are u referring to, and is it possible to mix the olive oil together shea butter and honey and be applying to hair as hair cream on daily basis?
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 02, 2013
Hi. Use organics kit relaxer 4 my hair, bt its nt of even length & cn b anoying wen i wnt to style & pack. Any remedies?
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 02, 2013
Ifeholuwarh:
"using the right baby hair care to make your baby hair grow is the key to setting up the building blocks for achieving long, beautiful, healthy hair for baby".

To help your baby hair grow, take care of the scalp and when it is time for her hair to grow, healthy hair will appear.

* Wash her hair once per week. Use a gentle shampoo for babies. Dont use adult shampoo with harsh ingredients.

* Condition her hair and scalp everyday or atleast three times per week with mild conditioner meant for kids. Wet her hair in the bathtub, place a small amount of conditioner in your palm and spread it through her hair. Use baby comb to comb it through her hair. Let the condition sit on her hair and scalp while she plays in the bathtub. Wash out the conditioner when you are ready to take her out of the bathtub.

* Dry her hair naturally. Do not use blow dryers or heat of any kind on baby's hair. Remove exess water with a towel.

* Oil her scalp with light oil. Choose light oil like olive oil, carrot seed oil, or shea butter oil. Never put heavy oil such as vaseline, mineral oil, or hair pomades on her delicate scalp. Massage the oil onto her scalp with the tips of your finger. Massage gently in a circular motion from the back to the front.

* Comb her hair and leave it free. Do not try to squeeze it into caps or barrettes if it does not fit. Wait till her hair grow long enough before braiding it. Be realistic about what style of hair it can do and dont try to force it to do what you want it to do. The local style of weaving hair "adimole" is adviceable.

* Switch sleeping positions. Place her to sleep in different positions to alleviate stress on any one side.

* Minimize breakage. Do not use rubber bands on her hair opt for clothed bands instead. Always comb her hair carefully when it is wet to minimize breakage and pain. Happy easter.
Thank u Ife for this wonderful advice.
I want to know the implication of not cutting my baby (14mths) first hair. The hair she was born with.
I have been makin her hair since she was 6mths with clothed bands.
Just after she was 1yr in Feb, i decided to be taking her to hairdresser to make her hair. The HD started using wool & rubber bands> This has caused a graet damage to her lovely and very full hair thereby making it scanty.
I have decided to go back to making it myself with clothed band.
People are now saying its becos i havent cut the first hair which i believe has trimmed off while making her hair all these while.
Please i want to know if i shld cut d hair even ho its still long or i shld just continue to making it till it grows back and then trim to level later

NOTE: i always follwed ur above advice whn i was making the hair all by myself but whn she statrted going to salon i was told to be making her hair every 2weeks cos of her scalp so i wasnt washing weekly again every week but every 2weeks. I discovered later dat dirts wuld have clogged to d base of the weaving dreby making d hair to cut.

Thank you
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by preetyjay(f): 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2013
@ ife please am waiting for your response to my questions. thank u
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Destinygrl(f): 6:09pm On Apr 02, 2013
ife pls help my hair is breakn alot and the back section sheds in clumps, my hair is natural pls wt shld i do
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2013
hornipipe: So why do I fall sick when I grow my hair for about 5 months? I tried it last year, I started growing around may last year but had to cut it in November, since then I've been fine but the hair is building again all I do is trim it, by next month it'll be 5 months since I last cut my hair and I'm scared of falling sick again.
P.S don't tell me to visit a doctor, I talked to my bro and my elder sis talked to this Chinese dude doctor and he told her it was due to my long virgin hair, so is there no way out? undecided
It could be psycology or medical problem. I am not into medicine.

Let me tell you my theories which are definitely not a fact so I dont give you false hopes.
* Your scalp might be weak. In such situation, since weak scalp cannot withstand pain you would constantly suffer from headaches and body or joints pain.
* Playing with your hair constantly. Pulling and combing constantly or changing a hair style several times and simultaneously can cause pains which you would feel as illness. Remember, your hair is not a toy.
So sorry I cant help much.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 03, 2013
Thanks cheesy
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 9:48pm On Apr 03, 2013
emstyne:

@ifeholuwarh,pls wat do I do cos I really need ur help.
Sorry. I am abit busy @ work and I just av little time to spare 4 myself, hope you understand.

HOW TO GROW YOUR HAIR FAST
* Stay hydrated- water keeps our skin and hair hydrated and healthy.
* Use a good conditioner- shampoo doesnt really matter, whether it says moisturizing or not. Shampoo lathers strip your hair of its natural oils.
* Always rinse hair products out of your hair with cold water, it seals the cuticle and locks in moisture, leaving your hair soft and smooth.
* Dont comb your hair when its wet. Take daily multivitamins. Use a leave-in conditioner after getting out of the shower. Seal it with essential oil.
ESSENTIAL OIL:
Normal coconut oil and olive oil just helps keep the hair non-messy and neat, but does not help to grow your hair.
Almond oil is known for its good qualities and helps hair grow long faster.
Castor and mustard oil are widely used for its good hair enhancing characters.
U should massage any of those oil on you scalp daily.

Tips:
Easy hair growth treatment which you can make in your own kitchen: curry leaves and coconut oil. Curry leaves does wonders for hair growth. Boil these two together until the black residue starts forming, then harvest this residue and apply it to your hair. Use it twice a week to replenish your hair, help it grow faster and even fight gray hair. You dont want to fry the leaves, just boil them abit and then harvest the black residue.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
emstyne:

Sorry. I am abit busy @ work and I just av little time to spare 4 myself, hope you understand.

* Use a good conditioner- shampoo doesnt really matter, whether it says moisturizing or not. Shampoo lathers strip your hair of its natural oils.
* Always rinse hair products out of your hair with cold water, it seals the cuticle and locks in moisture, leaving your hair soft and smooth.
* Dont comb your hair when its wet. Take daily multivitamins. Use a leave-in conditioner after getting out of the shower. Seal it with essential oil.
ESSENTIAL OIL:
Normal coconut oil and olive oil just helps keep the hair non-messy and neat, but does not help to grow your hair.

Tips:
Easy hair growth treatment which you can make in your own kitchen: curry leaves and coconut oil. Curry leaves does wonders for hair growth. Boil these two together until the black residue starts forming, then harvest this residue and apply it to your hair. Use it twice a week to replenish your hair, help it grow faster and even fight gray hair. You dont want to fry the leaves, just boil them abit and then harvest the black residue.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 9:51pm On Apr 03, 2013
emstyne:

ESSENTIAL OIL:

Tips:
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2013
faithuak: My hair is very long bt doesn't av weight,wat should I do? The front is lik Rita Dominic front hair(no hair)
* Get your protein- your hair keratin grows from the inside out, so your protein and overall nutrition intake is at utmost importance. You also have to include some grass-fed animal products to your diet.
Examples of protein-rich foods includes:
turkey, beef, etc/ wild-caught fish/ scallops/ yogurt, etc. Avoid stress, it causes hair to thin, fall out and break easily. Take B complex vitamins. No smoking and caffein. Dont overwash your hair, rather than shampooing use conditioner instead.
Be careful when you comb your hair. A standard rule to live by is never comb wet hair. This leaves the hair more susceptible to breakage, so even if your conditioner bottle says to comb the conditioner through the hair in the shower dont do it. Stay hydrated. Feed your hair with essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. You can do this by eating a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, cucumber, spinach, almond, etc. You can also take omega 3 fish oil supplement.
Use different shampoos and conditioner. Rotate them once per week. This keeps your hair from becoming immune to the products. Avoid heating instrument such as brow dryer, straighner, curling iron, etc
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:57am On Apr 04, 2013
faithuak: My hair is very long bt doesn't av weight,wat should I do? The front is lik Rita Dominic front hair(no hair)
* Get your protein- your hair keratin grows from the inside out, so your protein and overall nutrition intake is at utmost importance. You also have to include some grass-fed animal products to your diet.
Examples of protein-rich foods includes:
turkey, beef, etc/ wild-caught fish/ scallops/ yogurt, etc. Avoid stress, it causes hair to thin, fall out and break easily. Take B complex vitamins. No smoking and caffein. Dont overwash your hair, rather than shampooing use conditioner instead.
Be careful when you comb your hair. A standard rule to live by is never comb wet hair. This leaves the hair more susceptible to breakage, so even if your conditioner bottle says to comb the conditioner through the hair in the shower dont do it. Stay hydrated. Feed your hair with essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. You can do this by eating a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables, fish, cucumber, spinach, almond, etc. You can also take omega 3 fish oil supplement.
Use different shampoos and conditioner. Rotate them once per week. This keeps your hair from becoming immune to the products. Avoid heating instrument such as brow dryer, straighner, curling iron, etc

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by HealthyHair: 9:47pm On May 14, 2013
We are doing a clearance sale on our 100% herbal/ Ayurvedic hair loss and hair re-growth products and cosmetics.
All our products are directly sourced from renowned manufacturers in India. They are not mass produced for the Nigerian market and so you are rest assured of both its quality and efficacy. Enjoy up to 40% discount on all products with full efficacy guarantee. RESULTS BEYOND YOUR EXPECTATIONS GUARANTEED!

1.)PRODUCT NAME: HERBOWASH AYURVEDIC HAIR CLEANSER
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- 2-in-1 mild Sulphate free herbal shampoo. Serves both as a shampoo and as a conditioner

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

CLEARANCE PRICE
(Qty x Price) DISCOUNT (%)

1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

2.)PRODUCT NAME:- HAIR-UP ROOT ACTIVATOR OIL

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Highly effective hair growth tonic. A blend of 100% natural ancient herbs. It penetrates the scalp and strengthens the hair at the roots. Ideal solution to hair loss problems and itchy scalp. Makes hair thick, strong & lustrous. Suitable for all hair types.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1200

CLEARANCE PRICE DISCOUNT (%)
(Qty x Price)
1 x N960 20%
2 x N900 25%
3 x N840 30%
5 & Above x N720 40%

3.)PRODUCT NAME:- NATURAL HENNA

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mixture of rare Indian herbs in powder form; Henna, Amla, Bhringraj, Jatamansi etc. Ideal for deep conditioning, hair volume enhancer/hair thickener, hair growth booster and for natural hair colouring.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1000

(Qty x Price)
1 x N800 20%
2 x N750 25%
3 x N700 30%
5 & Above x N600 40%

4.)PRODUCT NAME:- CLEAN-UP ANTI ACNE AND SPOT REMOVER

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:- Mild treatment for pimples, acne, blemishes, dark patches, sun burns etc. It tones and revitalizes the skin and also enhances skin fairness in a natural way. Clean- Up also removes dark spots and heals scars effectively.

STANDARD PRICE/UNIT:- N1500

(Qty x Price)
1 x N1200 20%
2 x N1125 25%
3 x N1050 30%
5 & Above N900 40%

View pictures of all our products on www.herbalhairgrowth.com.ng

To get yours, you can come over to our location at # 38 Osho Drive Olodi-Apapa, Lagos. If you prefer for us to deliver directly to you anywhere in Nigeria, simply call 08023871004 or email us at to make your order.
DISCOUNT LASTS ONLY WHILE STOCK LASTS, SO CALL NOW!

CONTACT DETAILS:
Herbal Hair Growth Nigeria
Address: # 38 Osho Drive Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
Email: info@herbalhairgrowth.com.ng
Tel: 08023871004

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Horbalawler(f): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
I really need help wit my hair,, dont really no wat to do, my hair is dew for retouchin bt i feel its too weak,, i do steam after retouchin,, i use organic product, nd it really breakin, dont even no wat to do nxt.... Advice pls ;(
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2013
I also need help, i went on a stretch and prior to that period, i wash co washing, locing and using castor oil, after retouching, my hair has shed so much, I can't remember the last time it was this short. during the stretch I had my hair in braids and i also loced and used castor oil. now my hair is just extremely full with no length.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] / Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / A Lady's Outfit To A Church In Delta State Shocks A Man. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.