Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend (8060 Views)

'Fuel Scarcity Will End Before Weekend'-NNPC / Gov.fashola May Decamp From APC! / Gov Fashola May Ban Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools. Angry Muslims Crys Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by strangest(m): 6:26pm On Mar 08, 2013
This is the APC Script... Okorocha visits Fashola, Ladipo opens... Okorocha/Fahola 2015... Igbos and Yoroubas should stop all this indiscriminate fights... MOST ESPECIALLY ON NAIRALAND... they should allow Awolowo and Ojukwu to rest in peace and talk about a beautiful Nigeria... grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by OdenigboAroli1: 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
strangest: This is the APC Script... Okorocha visits Fashola, Ladipo opens... Okorocha/Fahola 2015... Igbos and Yoroubas should stop all this indiscriminate fights... MOST ESPECIALLY ON NAIRALAND... they should allow Awolowo and Ojukwu to rest in peace and talk about a beautiful Nigeria... grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

.......and they had to close the market, stopping the income of traders and lock up security boys just to promote APC? That is the worst publicity ever, it will fail.

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by PointB: 6:38pm On Mar 08, 2013
We appreciate the governor commitment to re-open the market after the immense pressure brought to bear upon him. We shall demonstrate our appreciation by ensuring that such wicked and tactless government and any party associated with it, is NOT voted in the next election. We want a government with human face. Good bye ACN/APC from Lagos state.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by OdenigboAroli1: 6:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
PointB: We appreciate the governor commitment to re-open the market after the immense pressure brought to bear upon him. We shall demonstrate our appreciation by ensuring that such wicked and tactless government and any party associated with it, is NOT voted in the next election. We want a government with human face. Good bye ACN/APC from Lagos state.

60% of Lagos votes speaking.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by omiobo: 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2013
Tribalism don make some edioooits on nairaland get infection for medula oblangata grin
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by ochukoccna: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
50calibre: I knew its closure wasn't going to last, fashola being a man with common sense knows the revenue that market generates.
[size=14pt]The pervasive but delinquent Igbotic mindset that I can behave anyhow I deem fit with no recourse to decorum provided I've money[/size]
Online ethnic warriors never seem to amaze one cool cool
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by strangest(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli.:

.......and they had to close the market, stopping the income of traders and lock up security boys just to promote APC? That is the worst publicity ever, it will fail.

health is wealth, bro... no pun intended
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Afam4evaIsASlut: 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

GBAM, Badagry my a$$, you dont decide to us where we do our business cos we pay RAW CASH...Ego diya cool cool grin grin grin

Why cant you clowns be humble for just one second?
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by angelsing(m): 7:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
you guys shud pls stop all this tribal issue na...Can't we just live as 1..*weeps and runs out of thread*

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by gratiaeo(m): 8:51pm On Mar 08, 2013
Must he close the market to force sanitation For me its just trying to score a cheap political point..... I hope he ll keep to his promises to build road, water, light etc to them, we're watching anyway

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by dulphines: 8:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
strangest: This is the APC Script... Okorocha visits Fashola, Ladipo opens... Okorocha/Fahola 2015... Igbos and Yoroubas should stop all this indiscriminate fights... MOST ESPECIALLY ON NAIRALAND... they should allow Awolowo and Ojukwu to rest in peace and talk about a beautiful Nigeria... grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Good advise bro. The Ibos and Yorubas may hv reason why they don't like themselves but with reference to history it was an Hausa man that started the whole trouble that put these two tribes on the boxing ring til date; yet, the Hausas are nw the neutral people watching and smiling while these two brothers from different mothers wrestle themselves from home to Nairaland. Going by Gowon-Ojukwu's saga that led to the civil war and brutality upon the Ibos. Are Hausas nt suppose to be the real enemy of the Ibos? How many Ibos are killed by Yorubas in the West? But the Hausas slaughter our Ibo brothers in hundreds anually.
My brothers, it's time for us to reconcile and move forward biko.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by gen2briz(m): 9:58pm On Mar 08, 2013
幹得好Fashola

Well done Fashola
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by reporter1: 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
PointB: We appreciate the governor commitment to re-open the market after the immense pressure brought to bear upon him. We shall demonstrate our appreciation by ensuring that such wicked and tactless government and any party associated with it, is NOT voted in the next election. We want a government with human face. Good bye ACN/APC from Lagos state.

Stop deluding yourself. Your votes are insignificant in Lagos State, and what pressure are you talking about? Since when is begging a synonym of pressure. Abeg, talk something else.

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by VirginFinder: 12:04am On Mar 09, 2013
It's past midnight.
Has the market been reopened?
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by dayokanu(m): 12:09am On Mar 09, 2013
So Rochas don come prostrate and Beg Fashola to reopen then market so the kidnappers in his state wont increase

Thank you fashola for saving SEaterners once again from starvation

2 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by NOIBMUUL(m): 3:35am On Mar 09, 2013
Akpa ife: Fashion or Fashola better open dat mrkt or Rochas will lock ur office becos he is more educated dan u
Na ur piple yourba[dirty piple] teach us nt 2 keep lagos neat

Seun, please how can I 'unlike' this comment?
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by talktimi(m): 6:13am On Mar 09, 2013
dayokanu: So Rochas don come prostrate and Beg Fashola to reopen then market so the kidnappers in his state wont increase

Thank you fashola for saving SEaterners once again from starvation
you never seize to exhibit your mumu. Shebi its only on nairaland you have the balls to yarn any how. Congrats

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by dayokanu(m): 6:19am On Mar 09, 2013
talktimi: you never seize to exhibit your mumu. Shebi its only on nairaland you have the balls to yarn any how. Congrats

How did you learn how to speak? Cos you were diagnosed to be eternally retarddedd
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:12am On Mar 09, 2013
dulphines:

Good advise bro. The Ibos and Yorubas may hv reason why they don't like themselves but with reference to history it was an Hausa man that started the whole trouble that put these two tribes on the boxing ring til date; yet, the Hausas are nw the neutral people watching and smiling while these two brothers from different mothers wrestle themselves from home to Nairaland. Going by Gowon-Ojukwu's saga that led to the civil war and brutality upon the Ibos. Are Hausas nt suppose to be the real enemy of the Ibos? How many Ibos are killed by Yorubas in the West? But the Hausas slaughter our Ibo brothers in hundreds anually.
My brothers, it's time for us to reconcile and move forward biko.

^^^You might as well ask 'how many Yorubas are killed by Igbos in the east!

I think the fact you've highlighted that Hausa/Fulani did more 'physical' (political and economic as well) harm to Igbos (from the late 60's to 1999) yet we hardly mention them goes to show you exactly where the problem lies: the issue is that Igbos knew exactly what the Hausa/Fulani sentiments towards them was, and hence their actions from the late 60's to 1999 came as no surprise; but the one of the Yoruba elite (using Awo and Adekunle as case studies) came out of the blue like a 'sucker punch'......the hate shown towards Igbos by these people (for economic, political and tribal reasons) felt like a stab in the back, and though one can forgive these kind of actions (and leave judgement to God), it's very hard to forget; now, even to this day, certain positions are taken that show absolutely no contrition or remorse, and even go as far as mocking the millions of Igbo women and children that were wiped out like animals. So you tell me who should first extend the hand of friendship and co-operation?

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by talktimi(m): 11:57am On Mar 09, 2013
dayokanu:

How did you learn how to speak? Cos you were diagnosed to be eternally retarddedd
"retarddedd" ? Very good. An apple never falls far from its tree, I know the source of your problem.
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Elnuk34(m): 12:39pm On Mar 09, 2013
Akpa ife:
Lawyer my foot
Mbel! Do you know that all your governor's(Rochas) certificates are through correspondence and affidavit, ewu!
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by T8ksy(m): 12:54pm On Mar 09, 2013
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^You might as well ask 'how many Yorubas are killed by Igbos in the east!

I think the fact you've highlighted that Hausa/Fulani did more 'physical' (political and economic as well) harm to Igbos (from the late 60's to 1999) yet we hardly mention them goes to show you exactly where the problem lies: the issue is that Igbos knew exactly what the Hausa/Fulani sentiments towards them was, and hence their actions from the late 60's to 1999 came as no surprise;

The ibos knew how the northerners feels about them as far back as the 40’s- 1945 to be precise. They repeated the same scenario in 1953 yet come 1956 when the subject of independence came to the fore, it was only you ibos,despite knowing fully well how much the northerners “love” you, that wanted to be ONE with the same people who hold no love for you and are not afraid or embarrassed to manifest it in the most barbaric form, possible.

One thing I will like to know is: why did you ibos insist on forming ONE Nigeria with people who hate your guts and everything you represent? WHY OH WHY? Could it be a consequence of the love you ibos have for the northerners or the fact that you see an avenue to “own” their ancestral land? Like you all claim to "own" Lagos- a yoruba town.

but the one of the Yoruba elite (using Awo and Adekunle as case studies) came out of the blue like a 'sucker punch'......the hate shown towards Igbos by these people (for economic, political and tribal reasons) felt like a stab in the back,

Oh I noticed you have conveniently chosen to forget the hate shown to the yorubas by the ibos immediately after getting our independence. You ibos colluded with your hausa master to get our elite and leaders jailed on trumped up charges thereby leaving our region in chaos. Did you ibos ever show any remorse for the loss of lives occasioned thereafter, by the yorubas?
It was an ibo man, the honourable(?) member representing Ajeromi-Ajegunle Constituency, Mr. Ebube Dike, an Igbo settler from Okigwe,who broke the mace!

......and though one can forgive these kind of actions (and leave judgement to God), it's very hard to forget; now, even to this day, certain positions are taken that show absolutely no contrition or remorse, and even go as far as mocking the millions of Igbo women and children that were wiped out like animals.

Have you ibos ever for a minute stopped to consider the pain of the yorubas who lost thousands of their next generations to a dumb and gratuitous war that was not of our making nor did we want any part of? I guess not. You guys just decided that you are fighting the hausa and opted to use yorubaland a s your battlefield with your enemy, huh.

So you tell me who should first extend the hand of friendship and co-operation?

Hand of friendship ko, hand of esau ni!

Ol’ boy, abeg don’t hold your breath ‘cause we yorubas have nada to apologise to the ibos for and we ain’t apologising to you lot now or ever. Finally, we have no need of co-operation with you ibos. We know you guys now and frankly speaking, the less we have to do with you guys, the better off, we will be.

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Tascocent(m): 1:43pm On Mar 09, 2013
Ojebi........
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by ibkgab001: 2:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Anyway IBO no they think on there own right from time nah wetin youruba tell them to do dem dey do ...imagine Gov Rochas self won buy spare part he was disappointed lolllLlllllll Fashola will soon send you back to ur local village because initially nah fake from china spare part U dey sell
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Obijulius: 8:28pm On Mar 09, 2013
My God you can touch the pain the yorubas here are feeling. Why this envy? Why the hate?
I bet if an igbo man becomes president many yorubas would commit suicide. They can't even bring themselves to bear an ijaw man as d country's president.
Well, yorubas will av to remain 3rd class citizens.
Money is power, igbos have d money, thus they have the power. Now go and hang urself.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Fhemmmy: 10:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
Slowly this thread is turning into another tribal match
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by VirginFinder: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
Obijulius: My God you can touch the pain the yorubas here are feeling. Why this envy? Why the hate?
I bet if an igbo man becomes president many yorubas would commit suicide. They can't even bring themselves to bear an ijaw man as d country's president.
Money is power, igbos have d money, thus they have the power. Now go and hang urself.

Senseless!

The market is still under lock and key.
Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by alex101(m): 12:47am On Mar 10, 2013
While this is a step in the right direction for all involved, Ndigbo must now use their tongue to count their teeth undecided. This is a cycle and this action of closing market operated by Igbo by this governor or any other governor that will succeed him will not cease. Ndigbo must find a way to channel the major portion of their business back to the east.
It's not going to be easy, but with the Igbo can-do spirit, we can achieve this feat cool. Every Igbo organisation has to be involved in this endeavour, in the interest of future Igbo generation. From Ohanaeze, traditional rulers, SE governors, to Igbo senators and house of REP members. The Igbo politicians must pressure the GEJ administration to open up a sea port in the east and internationalize the Enugu or Asaba aiports. If these can be achieved, this type of nonsense won't occur periodically like we've been witnessing lately.
The traders (and other Igbo residing outside of Igboland within the dungeon called nigeria) MUST have to do some soul-searching themselves. Must they invest almost all their income in Lagos/where they reside? Do they really know that their hosts are wicked and jealous to the point of trying every trick in the book to make life unbearable for them? There is nothing wrong in making money outside of the SE within nigeria, BUT you don't have to build/sink almost 90% of your earnings in these places,,,,for me, I believe less than 20% should be invested outside of the SE.
Our people must learn to understand how nigeria works. Ndigbo must exercise restraint (financial/investment wise) when operating in hostile territories within nigeria. To me, the case of Ndigbo in nigeria can be likened to that of the Israelis in the Mid-east, who are surrounded by mostly rogue Arab countries. My brethren, we are surrounded and we must deliberate seriously at every level in Igboland. This vital deliberation has to start from every Igbo family.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by NegroNtns(m): 12:54am On Mar 10, 2013
Obijulius: My God you can touch the pain the yorubas here are feeling. Why this envy? Why the hate?

mumu!

Yorubas are sitting on oil wells and are quiet,. 1 yoruba's oil well fetch billions in "dollars" each day but nobody knows.

150 ibos sitting on spare parts (substandard by the way) and bring in combined 100billion. "naira". each day and they no allow the whole continent to sleep.

there are two classes of Nigerians: Yoruba and others. The others are ranked in this order

1 hausa
2. ijaw
3. ibo.

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by Ngwakwe: 1:15am On Mar 10, 2013
It's quite unfortunate you take pride in your kinsmen hoarding wealth while multitude of your people go hungry.

It is in our culture to distribute and re-distribute our wealth among us to ensure non of our kinsmen sleep without food and shelter.

At least we have great majority of middle class among us who always take care of our aged parents and elders at home. Thereby reducing the number of beggars to infinitesimal

Negro_Ntns:

mumu!

Yorubas are sitting on oil wells and are quiet,. 1 yoruba's oil well fetch billions in "dollars" each day but nobody knows.

150 ibos sitting on spare parts (substandard by the way) and bring in combined 100billion. "naira". each day and they no allow the whole continent to sleep.

there are two classes of Nigerians: Yoruba and others. The others are ranked in this order

1 hausa
2. ijaw
3. ibo.

1 Like

Re: Fashola May Reopen Ladipo Market Before Weekend by nduchucks: 1:27am On Mar 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oil Marketers Rescind Earlier Decision To Go On Strike / Thunder Will Strike Anybody That Give God The Credit When Coronavirus Is Over / Gov Nyesom Wike Allegedly Drunk During A Live Program On Channels Television.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.