Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products (15520 Views)

Buying Apps On Blackberry App World / Itunes Store, Android Market, Nokia Ovi Store & Blackberry App World In Nigeria / Mobilitynigeria's Tough Stand - Blackberry App World Now Opened To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Encoredme(m): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mayowura: Every os has it's own era... Symbian's gone, now blackberry is preparing to zoom off...
Well, life goes on!!!
Na so some people dey fail WAEC Eng, dem no dey talk about shutting down bb, na the yahoo bb app dem wan shutdown! OLODO!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by deluckiest(m): 7:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
YAHOO! YAHOO!!...I dey hail una!!!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by hardbody: 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2013
REALITY101: Someone please tell me it's end of blackberry madness

Lol, as if i care. Ever since i lost my BB, i realized its a toy for the kids in high school, i have refused to replace it, i dont intend to anyways, bye bye to rubbish. my i-phone and pad are more than enough for my daily business mbok
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mavor: 7:33pm On Mar 08, 2013
Blackberry has a plan for future financial survival, unlike Yahoo who seem completely clueless.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by caukerzee(m): 7:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
RIP Yahoo!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Ejine(m): 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2013
Bawss1: Yahoo?

Gosh its been ages since I used their app on the iPhone. Amazing how things change.

grin
Remember how everyone had "blahblahblah at Yahoo dotu com" in 2003? grin
How things change grin

Just like empires, companies in the tach scene rise and fall.

Napster
Myspace
America Online
Atari

et cetera.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by systemz(m): 7:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mayowura: Every os has it's own era... Symbian's gone, now blackberry is preparing to zoom off...Well, life goes on!!!
!
Oga it's not bb that's going 2zoom, it is Yahoo app on bb. Mek una de read with undstndng joor.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by systemz(m): 7:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]hw dis 1 take affect my touch light nokia?
Make dem park well jawe
[/size]
lol

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Osumare2013: 7:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Who hid my ppost? Tell me d name of d person so we can face man2man!

2 Likes

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by hakeem4shi(m): 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2013
REALITY101: Someone please tell me it's end of blackberry madness
Goshh,u don't know the difference between mail service and an app? What do we really use this our so called smartphones for? Pride? Show off? Or people just want to copy their friend? Na wa for this Naija sef! I wonder what ur iPhone/Android has been teaching you? Just because you want to hate on BlackBerry,moreover,you know next to nothing about the usefulness of the crappy machine you are holding! There is time for improvements though.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by strangest(m): 7:48pm On Mar 08, 2013
yahoomail still rocks.. google has taken over the search engine biz..
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Akeud(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2013
Greatken007: does that mean this is the end of road for YAHOO YAHOO BOYS?IF SO,'BRAVO'IF NOT SHAME ON THEM
Bros it's like u ar 1 of de yahoo yahoo boiz o ! tongue
Greatken007: does that mean this is the end of road for YAHOO YAHOO BOYS?IF SO,'BRAVO'IF NOT SHAME ON THEM
Bros it's like u ar 1 of de yahoo yahoo boiz o !
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mayowura: 7:54pm On Mar 08, 2013
ITbomb:
Do people read at all?
No sir!
You can as well enroll us for reading lesson... Mr. Professeur!
Mtcheew!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mayowura: 7:59pm On Mar 08, 2013
Encoredme:
Na so some people dey fail WAEC Eng, dem no dey talk about shutting down bb, na the yahoo bb app dem wan shutdown! OLODO!
Egbon OLODO!!!
Is there similarity between them preparing to zoom off and them shutting down?
OLODO AGBA!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by bigx(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
Nasri100:

Ode yahoo messenger nko

immaturity doesnt hide

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mayowura: 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
systemz: !
Oga it's not bb that's going 2zoom, it is Yahoo app on bb. Mek una de read with undstndng joor.
How this my post concern you nah?
You want 'like'? Don't worry you will get one(1) ko?
Fi eru eleru sile jor o!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mc9JA(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2013
gboss4sure: I can't remember the last time I used anything that has yahoo on its name.
na so!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mc9JA(m): 8:06pm On Mar 08, 2013
shocked Dar Biz nat myne!!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nasri100(m): 8:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
bigx:
immaturity doesnt hide

Is that so? Tell us more daddy :Ð
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by oriname(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
NNPC/CHEVRON JV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP 2013/2014 https://frenzzy.net/forums/topic/81/nnpc-chevron-jv-national-univers
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Deiok(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné: Yahoo can go take a seat in the deepest pit of hell for all I care.

I'm just so glad I left this sinking platform and their outdated, obsolete system.

Can you believe I've got 12 Nairaland PMs I haven't read?

Why? Because when I try to log in to my mailbox (I used YahooMail to open this Nairaland handle), it tells me there's a problem and I should log in with a computer.

And then, when I DO try to log in from my laptop I am redirected to a CAPTCHA verification screen.

Ohhhh, but it gets interesting: Now, instead of displaying a distorted CAPTCHA word for me to type in, I am simply shown a message: "We're sorry, there is no image available"!!!

In my frustration, I decided to do a little googling, and discovered YahooMail BANNED all NIGERIAN Globacom users from accessing their Mail system.
This shows nothing but laziness and idiiocy on their part, because:

1. They are too phucking dull to develop better technology to properly weed out the spammers and allow the innocent ones in; and

2. They don't realize they're officially losing MILLIONS of subscribers with this dumbass move.

I've long abandoned that stupiid asss mail system and have moved to the cleaner, more-efficient GMail, so I'm laying out my sincerest apologies to the Nairalanders who mailed, because I most likely will never be able to read those mails sad

As their market share continues to sink like a sumo wrestler on quick sand, I give them my last two words --- Phuck you.
wow. Thats realy enough for you to hate them, but you have change your NL Email add. Now?
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by cupid4ig(m): 8:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
some comments here are daft no wonder nigeria is not moving forward. ipad iphone android smh some of them their papa and mama never wear better cloth and they are here making mouths smh
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by duwell(m): 8:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mayowura: Every os has it's own era... Symbian's gone, now blackberry is preparing to zoom off...
Well, life goes on!!!
even d almighty iOS 4rm Apple is naw playing second fiddle 2 google's android. Expect dat in d next 6yrs Android will run out of innovation and samsung and odas will be stranded. D mighty ar falling and they will keep falling!

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Ejine(m): 9:15pm On Mar 08, 2013
Deiok: wow. Thats realy enough for you to hate them, but you have change your NL Email add. Now?

No, not yet.
I still get coldfeet when I think of using my business/real e-mail address for a site like Nairaland, seeing a spammer can just spot it using a Mail extractor.

Also, G-Mail requires a phone number before you can open an account, and since I already used my real phone when I opened my true G-Mail account, I don't have any other to use.

Then again, I could just use my Globacom modem's phone number.

Hmmm...
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Ejine(m): 9:17pm On Mar 08, 2013
duwell:
even d almighty iOS 4rm Apple is naw playing second fiddle 2 google's android. Expect dat in d next 6yrs Android will run out of innovation and samsung and odas will be stranded. D mighty ar falling and they will keep falling!

As in!!! Google is an unstoppable internet beast!

However, in a few years time, their turn to lose relevance go also reach.

Na turn by turn.

Like, remember when Sony Walkman once dominated everything that had to do with hand-held music players? grin
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by great063(m): 9:18pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ok.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Encoredme(m): 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mayowura:
Egbon OLODO!!!
Is there similarity between them preparing to zoom off and them shutting down?
OLODO AGBA!
Ode, na d same thing, e be like say u no finish pry 5 b4 u go fail WAEC
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 9:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

No, not yet.

Also, G-Mail requires a phone number before you can open an account, and since I already used my real phone when I opened my true G-Mail account, I don't have any other to use.

Bro, you can still use the same phone number you've used.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by OmerianConsult: 9:29pm On Mar 08, 2013
So bad!!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

As in!!! Google is an unstoppable internet beast!

However, in a few years time, their turn to lose relevance go also reach.

Na turn by turn.

Like, remember when Sony Walkman once dominated everything that had to do with hand-held music players? grin

For now, yes.

What killed Yahoo is line-extensions...and Google is already following in the exact foot-steps.

What is Yahoo? A search engine, an email provider, an auto sales portal, a domain registrar, a news site and so many other things that I can't count.

On the surface, it might make sense to dabble into everything when you are the market leader - with your primary brand name. But it's a very bad idea. It's just as absurd as having MTN Noodles, Milo Soap, Coca-cola beer or Indomie biscuit.

Lots of companies do this all the time...and eventually, they face the music. Brand devaluation.

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Ejine(m): 9:44pm On Mar 08, 2013
Richfella:

Bro, you can still use the same phone number you've used.

Really?! Didn't know that.
Assumed it would simply be rejected since the number's already been filed under an existing account in their database.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by ibietela2(m): 10:08pm On Mar 08, 2013
Who cares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aliexpress Vs Jumia. Which One Is Better / Get Airtel 4.5GB For 1500# And 6GB For 2500# / Tecno Camon C9 With 13MP Dual Camera & Iris Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.