Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,964 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products (15513 Views)

Buying Apps On Blackberry App World / Itunes Store, Android Market, Nokia Ovi Store & Blackberry App World In Nigeria / Mobilitynigeria's Tough Stand - Blackberry App World Now Opened To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by dsolo(m): 10:14pm On Mar 08, 2013
REALITY101: Someone please tell me it's end of blackberry madness

Read well Mr
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by ibietela2(m): 10:22pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné:

Really?! Didn't know that.
Assumed it would simply be rejected since the number's already been filed under an existing account in their database.

you can use it for 5 times
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Mayowura: 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2013
Encoredme:
Ode, na d same thing, e be like say u no finish pry 5 b4 u go fail WAEC
Hahan! Mr. E neva reach like that na....
You called me OLODO and i added prefix to mine and called you EGBON then suffix thereafter AGBA in order to present it better to you.
Since you know you don't like insult, why should you insult at the first instance, again why did you quote me and not keep your insult to yourself?
"do to others what you expect them do unto you!"
Anyway, am sorry if you are offended by me.
Good night and sweet dreams bro!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by mrofficial2(m): 10:43pm On Mar 08, 2013
Ejiné: Yahoo can go take a seat in the deepest pit of hell for all I care.

I'm just so glad I left this sinking platform and their outdated, obsolete system.

Can you believe I've got 12 Nairaland PMs I haven't read?

Why? Because when I try to log in to my mailbox (I used YahooMail to open this Nairaland handle), it tells me there's a problem and I should log in with a computer.

And then, when I DO try to log in from my laptop I am redirected to a CAPTCHA verification screen.

Ohhhh, but it gets interesting: Now, instead of displaying a distorted CAPTCHA word for me to type in, I am simply shown a message: "We're sorry, there is no image available"!!!

In my frustration, I decided to do a little googling, and discovered YahooMail BANNED all NIGERIAN Globacom users from accessing their Mail system.
This shows nothing but laziness and idiiocy on their part, because:

1. They are too phucking dull to develop better technology to properly weed out the spammers and allow the innocent ones in; and

2. They don't realize they're officially losing MILLIONS of subscribers with this dumbass move.

I've long abandoned that stupiid asss mail system and have moved to the cleaner, more-efficient GMail, so I'm laying out my sincerest apologies to the Nairalanders who mailed, because I most likely will never be able to read those mails sad

As their market share continues to sink like a sumo wrestler on quick sand, I give them my last two words --- Phuck you.

This really cracked me up! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Encoredme(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2013
Mayowura:
Hahan! Mr. E neva reach like that na....
You called me OLODO and i added prefix to mine and called you EGBON then suffix thereafter AGBA in order to present it better to you.
Since you know you don't like insult, why should you insult at the first instance, again why did you quote me and not keep your insult to yourself?
"do to others what you expect them do unto you!"
Anyway, am sorry if you are offended by me.
Good night and sweet dreams bro!
Na wahala homie! U sef dream sweet dream*hug*
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 2:04am On Mar 09, 2013
Yahoo is Pretty Much Finished.

They have been closing Everything Lately

Even Killed off that old dead chat room service
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 2:44am On Mar 09, 2013
^Ya Mother Has Aids and Anal Cancer?....What?!

What Kind of Post was That.

Thank God the Good Lord Hid The Post
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Reference(m): 4:05am On Mar 09, 2013
Richfella:

For now, yes.

What killed Yahoo is line-extensions...and Google is already following in the exact foot-steps.

What is Yahoo? A search engine, an email provider, an auto sales portal, a domain registrar, a news site and so many other things that I can't count.

On the surface, it might make sense to dabble into everything when you are the market leader - with your primary brand name. But it's a very bad idea. It's just as absurd as having MTN Noodles, Milo Soap, Coca-cola beer or Indomie biscuit.

Lots of companies do this all the time...and eventually, they face the music. Brand devaluation.

Hmm. You have a point. Hope Dangote's listening but on the flip side two of the three richest men in the world don't invest in that light but feel there's security in spreading.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Bright2(m): 7:07am On Mar 09, 2013
They can shut down entirely if they want,let the name change from yahoo yahoo to gmail gmail. Elegamface?
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2013
Nairalanders are so funny.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by bjstardom(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2013
Ejiné:

No, not yet.
I still get coldfeet when I think of using my business/real e-mail address for a site like Nairaland, seeing a spammer can just spot it using a Mail extractor.

Also, G-Mail requires a phone number before you can open an account, and since I already used my real phone when I opened my true G-Mail account, I don't have any other to use.

Then again, I could just use my Globacom modem's phone number.

Hmmm...

Bro Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ can use 2 steps verification †☺ secure Ɣ☺ΰR gmail, gmail will have †☺ call Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ before Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ login
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by latestup: 11:51am On Mar 09, 2013
Bleep yahoo and dei products!
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by LordReed(m): 12:04pm On Mar 09, 2013
I don't know why people even use Yahoo anymore. Their mail service is bloatware that constantly fails to properly load more often than not, their search results are not as useful as Google's.

Here sounds the death knell, Yahoo users prepare to abandon ship.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 09, 2013
REALITY101: Someone please tell me it's end of blackberry madness
Its not about blackberry dude but yahoo being unsuccesful in its innovations.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Andyforte: 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2013
They better not. They need anything and everything at this time.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by BB013(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2013

I'm just so glad I left this sinking platform and their outdated, obsolete system.

Why? Because when I try to log in to my mailbox (I used YahooMail to open this Nairaland handle), it tells me there's a problem and I should log in with a computer.

And then, when I DO try to log in from my laptop I am redirected to a CAPTCHA verification screen.

Ohhhh, but it gets interesting: Now, instead of displaying a distorted CAPTCHA word for me to type in, I am simply shown a message: "We're sorry, there is no image available"!!!

In my frustration, I decided to do a little googling, and discovered YahooMail BANNED all NIGERIAN Globacom users from accessing their Mail system.

1. They are too phucking dull to develop better technology to properly weed out the spammers and allow the innocent ones in; and

2. They don't realize they're officially losing MILLIONS of subscribers with this dumbass move.

I've long abandoned that stupiid asss mail system and have moved to the cleaner, more-efficient GMail, so I'm laying out my sincerest apologies to the Nairalanders who mailed, because I most likely will never be able to read those mails sad

As their market share continues to sink like a sumo wrestler on quick sand, I give them my last two words --- Phuck you.

I thought I was the only one experiencing this.. they even asked me where I had my honey moon.. I wasn't even married as at the time I opened the mail.. I wonder how I could pick sure question..
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Ossaifamous(m): 2:12am On Mar 10, 2013
I pity una wey still de use the yahoo email service for una C.V
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by apach4ever(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2013

Lol, faced the same problem and got the same answer that it was because Yahoo is blocking Nigerian IPs. So all you need to do is find a way to hide your IP addy, I used freegate, you can download it from the net.

Cheers.
Re: Yahoo To Shut Down Blackberry App & Other Products by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 10, 2013
how i wish i could migrate like a sim swap... Without losing my mails n folders from yahoo to gmail. Gmail about d best i knw 4now. Very light n user friendly.

Nairalanders, any advice 4ur boy? Or can i back-up everyfin to USB device so i can just check & use frm flashdrive.(lol).

Yahoo has lost its glory, not because dey blocked some network Ip's cos i do unblock to use it. But they lack a sense of direction.

For the yahooyahoo's, business continues... Infact, a new era 4them. Maybe googlegoogle guys now... Lols

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5G License Auction: MTN, Mafab Communications Win Slots For $273m / Infinix To Start Manufacturing Phones Using Snapdragon Chipset By Qualcomm. / Samsung Galaxy S9: Top 4 Future Expectations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.