Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6837 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 08, 2013
Atheists in the house I'd like to get your views on these matters. Make us understand atheism. Come let's reason together.
1. Abortion. Is there a general atheist view on abortion. If their is, what is it like. If none, may I know your opinions.
2. Homosexuality. A bit of deviation from what I primarily seek to understand. If testosterone and oestrogen are responsible for the development of male and female characteristics respectively, and thus, the exhibition of affection for the opposite sex. What then is responsible for homosexuality?
3. Morality. What is good or bad to an atheist?
4. The soul. What does an atheist think of the soul?
5. The big ban.g. I'm interested in knowing what an atheist thinks of an only existent thing, a singularity, producing plurals. What actually is expanding, the singularity or its cause?
Let me stop here for now.
Everyone is invited.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 08, 2013
Reyginus: Atheists in the house I'd like to get your views on these matters. Make us understand atheism. Come let's reason together.
1. Abortion. Is there a general atheist view on abortion. If their is, what is it like. If none, may I know your opinions.
2. Homosexuality. A bit of deviation from what I primarily seek to understand. If testosterone and oestrogen are responsible for the development of male and female characteristics respectively, and thus, the exhibition of affection for the opposite sex. What then is responsible for homosexuality?
5. The big ban.g. I'm interested in knowing what an atheist thinks of an only existent thing, a singularity, producing plurals. What actually is expanding, the singularity or its cause?
Everyone is invited.

Yawn.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yawn.
Why are you yawning?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
Nairaland atheists c'mon!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: Nairaland atheists c'mon!

These things have been explained tirelessly on this forum. If you want to learn about the big bang, go read a science book or article. The soul theory of existence has been destroyed completely. Abortion is a multifaceted issue- anyone can take a stance on either side. You are always going to be a douchebag on homosexuality as a practicing christian no matter the explanation. Morality from reason and evolution have been explained long ago.

In summary, you are just trolling

Here are the threads
Souls destroyed;
https://www.nairaland.com/1141788/questions-anony-souls
https://www.nairaland.com/1183999/simple-problem-why-belief-hell

Evolutionary basis for morality
https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians

Abortion;
https://www.nairaland.com/1092702/atheists-house-what-views-abortion

Homosexuality
Seriously? There is a new thread discussing this almost everyday

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

These things have been explained tirelessly on this forum. If you want to learn about the big bang, go read a science book or article. The soul theory of existence has been destroyed completely. Abortion is a multifaceted issue- anyone can take a stance on either side. You are always going to be a douchebag on homosexuality as a practicing christian no matter the explanation. Morality from reason and evolution have been explained long ago.

In summary, you are just trolling

Here are the threads
Souls destroyed;
https://www.nairaland.com/1141788/questions-anony-souls
https://www.nairaland.com/1183999/simple-problem-why-belief-hell

Evolutionary basis for morality
https://www.nairaland.com/1104194/evolutionary-basis-morality-lesson-christians

Abortion;
https://www.nairaland.com/1092702/atheists-house-what-views-abortion

Homosexuality
Seriously? There is a new thread discussing this almost everyday
Lol. Logicboy, coming from you, this is hilarious. Let me take it home. Why do you bash religionists everyday, when prior, you've said something similar?
I created this thread to appreciate what the atheist understands.
So, what do you have to say about the op?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Logicboy, coming from you, this is hilarious. Let me take it home. Why do you bash religionists everyday, when prior, you've said something similar?
I created this thread to appreciate what the atheist understands.
So, what do you have to say about the op?

I come up with new ways to bash religion because there are new facts emerging everyday and the faithful look for new ways to deny the facts.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

I come up with new ways to bash religion because there are new facts emerging everyday and the faithful look for new ways to deny the facts.
It doesn't matter your approach to bash religions. That you bash them is the principal thing here.
This play, I don't know though if you see it the way I do, is pointed to one direction.
Go on...
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: It doesn't matter your approach to bash religions. That you bash them is the principal thing here.
This play, I don't know though if you see it the way I do, is pointed to one direction.
Go on...

Depends on what I mean by bashing
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:41pm On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

Depends on what I mean by bashing
Stop playing this hide and seek game.
I'd like to see an atheist make a claim and defend it. So far, it seems nairaland atheists are only good when attacking the claims of the theist. Let's do it gently. What do you have for numbers 2 and 5?

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: Stop playing this hide and seek game.
I'd like to see an atheist make a claim and defend it. So far, it seem nairaland atheists are only good when attacking the claims of the theist. Let's do it gently. What do you have for numbers 2 and 5?

5- big bang; We had a discussion on this and you were talking nonsense out of ignirance on the big bang
2- homosexuality; You know where I stand.

You are looking to troll. I have provided the threads you need
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2013
Logicboy03:

5- big bang; We had a discussion on this and you were talking nonsense out of ignirance on the big bang
2- homosexuality; You know where I stand.

You are looking to troll. I have provided the threads you need
Lolol.
Okay. Lb, the argument we had on the big bang was centred on whether science make unfounded claims. It is not the same thing with my op.
Logicb, I would also like you to view the issue of homosexuality in the light of my op.
Who knows if your explanation will win a soul for atheism.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: Lolol.
Okay. Lb, the argument we had on the big bang was centred on whether science make unfounded claims. It is not the same thing with my op.
Logicb, I would also like you to view the issue of homosexuality in the light of my op.
Who knows if your explanation will win a soul for atheism.

BS, you are too dull to leave christianity.

I dont have any hopes for you.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 10:30pm On Mar 09, 2013
Reyginus: Atheists in the house I'd like to get your views on these matters. Make us understand atheism. Come let's reason together.
Everyone is invited.

your lack of knowledge of the universe is alarming!!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

BS, you are too dull to leave christianity.

I dont have any hopes for you.
Logicboy, I'm not disappointed at all at your refusal to stand alone. Most atheists on nairaland do not have an independent and original comment on so many things. What they do is wait for the theist to make what they think is a mistake, then erect their points from there. I'm asking you to be a man. Is that too much to ask, knight?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

your lack of knowledge of the universe is alarming!!
That's why I created this thread. Educate me, please.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: That's why I created this thread. Educate me, please.

go to school!

Have you not been on nairaland. All this topics have been addressed.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:35am On Mar 10, 2013
Nairaland atheists, this is time to illuminate atheism. Help me understand you.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

go to school!

Have you not been on nairaland. All this topics have been addressed.
Is this cowardice or what?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: Nairaland atheists, this is time to illuminate atheism. Help me understand you.

are you ruminating on becoming an atheist?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:37am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: Is this cowardice or what?

its time management!!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: Nairaland atheists, this is time to illuminate atheism. Help me understand you.

number 5 alone shows that you are not willing to learn
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

are you ruminating on becoming an atheist?
Perhaps. I'm searching for assertions that may lead me to the ultimate truth of everything.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:47am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: Perhaps. I'm searching for assertions that may lead me to the ultimate truth of everything.

hmmmmm. then i can say you are on the right path. What is it i may do for you?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

its time management!!
I don't think it is in the right direction. You do not manage time by focusing on the wrong discussion.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:51am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think it is in the right direction. You do not manage time by focusing on the wrong discussion.

what is the wrong direction? are you lecturing me on how to spend my time now?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 10, 2013
Logicboy03:

number 5 alone shows that you are not willing to learn
No, it doesn't. From where I'm standing, you even need to understand how that in its basics, before you stand properly.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

hmmmmm. then i can say you are on the right path. What is it i may do for you?
You welcome. Let's begin from question number one. What do you think of abortion?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

what is the wrong direction? are you lecturing me on how to spend my time now?
Not at all. Only showing you how your posts betrayed time management.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:57am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: You welcome. Let's begin from question number one. What do you think of abortion?

abortion is termination of unplanned fetus.

Its not wrong biologically. millions of eggs and sperms die in each of us everyday, so if you abort one fertilized one, what evil is in that? its just like not fertilizing it, its still going to die anywway. therefore there is nothing wrong with abortion.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 10, 2013
ooman:

abortion is termination of unplanned fetus.

Its not wrong biologically. millions of eggs and sperms die in each of us everyday, so if you abort one fertilized one, what evil is in that? its just like not fertilizing it, its still going to die anywway. therefore there is nothing wrong with abortion.
We're getting somewhere.
Let's look at it from the right to life of the child in the womb. Isn't this being entitled to the right to life?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2013
Reyginus: We're getting somewhere.
Let's look at it from the right to life of the child in the womb. Isn't this being entitle of the right to life?

Lets look at it from the right of life of the germ cells. Arent the eggs and sperms entitled to life? yet they starve and die and no one is crying over that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Are You Guilty Of Practising Mysticism? / How Jesus Died For Our Sins : The Road To Easter / Pastor Kumuyi's Message To Churches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.